Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2019, 16:12   #421
BHPian

Re: Ride quality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Guys my daunting question still continues. Has anyone upzised the tyres to 245 55 or 265 50. Sharing some pics would be great to see how they look on the car. I have been having a really varied feeling of the ride comfort. I am running on MRF 235 55 stock at 32 psi. I feel even the slightest of undulation creeping into the cabin, spoils all the fun of this otherwise perfect SUV.
I would suggest you try a test drive car on same roads and compare it back to back with a SA. Hope it’s not, but if it’s bad set of dampers or some kind of mech fault they should be replacing it on warranty.
Old 6th October 2019, 20:30   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
How do you all treat car's paint? PPF or ceramic coating or just some polish and wash?
If anyone tried PPF/Ceramic how’s your experience and cost?
I have done ceramic coating, it costed me 45 K with 5 yr warranty and yearly one maintenance free of cost. The quality is good, is been close to a year now hardly find any difference in the shine and reflection. By the way I own a lava blue L&K.

Quote:
I would suggest you try a test drive car on same roads and compare it back to back with a SA. Hope it’s not, but if it’s bad set of dampers or some kind of mech fault they should be replacing it on warranty.
I have fixed my first service at 15k KM's on Wednesday. Shall do that and also will try swapping the wheels and check if possible to find out the culprit.

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2019 at 16:58. Reason: Merging back to back posts
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 20:54   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
I have fixed my first service at 15k KM's on Wednesday. Shall do that and also will try swapping the wheels and check if possible to find out the culprit.
Hope it’s solved! Can feel your pain at not finding your pride and joy exactly as you want it.
Old 12th October 2019, 08:15   #424
BHPian

Is the extended warranty of 5th and 6th years given only to new vehicles along with insurance?
Or can one buy new vehicle without extended warranty or insurance from dealer and then after a month buy only extended warranty?
Old 14th October 2019, 20:58   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Is the extended warranty of 5th and 6th years given only to new vehicles along with insurance?
Or can one buy new vehicle without extended warranty or insurance from dealer and then after a month buy only extended warranty?
I do not think these 2 are related. You can always take extended warranty from beginning and opt to go for your own insurance.
Also, for extended warranty, I remember them saying that they give some defined duration from the date of purchase to buy extended warranty. I am not sure how much that duration is.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 16:34   #426
BHPian

Quote:
I have done ceramic coating, it costed me 45 K with 5 yr warranty and yearly one maintenance free of cost. The quality is good, is been close to a year now hardly find any difference in the shine and reflection.
Is the hydrophobic property still there even after a year? Can you share some pics?
Old 18th October 2019, 00:34   #427
Senior - BHPian

Have Skoda deleted features from the Kodiaq? The review below (2:25) claims that the Style no longer has TPMS and all variants have lost the pop-out door edge protectors!

Old 18th October 2019, 06:49   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hope it’s solved! Can feel your pain at not finding your pride and joy exactly as you want it.
Actually the service center at Nellore was a new one so they didn't have all the necessary tools. I did the oil service and checked out a demo car which had the same MRF tyres, ride comfort was far better even the technician felt the same. I have to travel to Vijayawada to sort out the issue and also to reset the service interval message the center at Nellore does not have it.
I feel it could be the tyres which might be defective because during the initial days the ride comfort was better and day by day it appears to be more stiff with every small road detail creeping into the cabin and seat. Because no where in any forum no one has complained about suspension problem or comfort.
I shall post an update once I sort out the issue.

Last edited by sag_kv : 18th October 2019 at 06:51.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:50   #429
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Have Skoda deleted features from the Kodiaq? The review below (2:25) claims that the Style no longer has TPMS and all variants have lost the pop-out door edge protectors!
Pop out door edge protectors are a global deletion and not just for India. They have removed it even on Style and L&K for MY2020 cars.

TPMS was never there on Kodiaq and is introduced only on the Scout. It's a passive system that uses ABS sensors to detect loss in pressure when there is a difference in wheel speeds.

Last edited by navin : 18th October 2019 at 13:35. Reason: removed video link
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 16:02   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Pop out door edge protectors are a global deletion and not just for India. They have removed it even on Style and L&K for MY2020 cars.
Pretty convenient that such a deletion comes after all the good marketing and plaudits they've received for being "simply clever" and all that. Also their website still advertises this feature.

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/kodiaq/kodiaq
Old 20th October 2019, 17:53   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Pretty convenient that such a deletion comes after all the good marketing and plaudits they've received for being "simply clever" and all that. Also their website still advertises this feature.

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/kodiaq/kodiaq
May be they got too many complaints on it. I've read about those breaking in 3 months of usage on international forums like Briskoda.
Either way, it was a small useful thing if it worked. So not much lost.
Old 21st October 2019, 20:19   #432
BHPian

Guys update on my suspension issue. Today got my vehicle for check at main service center in vijaywada. They checked the entire suspension and found nothing wrong with it. Finally they changed the tires with demo vehicle wheels which also had MRF tyres and I went for a test drive and they were butter smooth. So the culprit is tyres. I saw that skoda is promoting Pirelli in the showrooms and selling premium segment vehicles with MRF TYRES. As tyres are not covered under warranty there is nothing much to do I have to either dump these tyres and buy new ones or wait till these get when out. So additional cost of ownership. I am going to write to skoda on this matter wishing their customer service people respond or atleast take note.
A/c cooling also I got it checked they said there was no issue they had just replaced the gas by recirculating it. Have to check out on a sunny day whether the cooling has improved or not. Right now cooling looks better.
Please bear in mind that of you are opting for service package it will not cover labour for any other things liked the check up i got done today. They will charge for it. Suppose the scope of work is taking under warranty for such things labour won't be charged.
Old 21st October 2019, 21:02   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Guys update on my suspension issue.
Finally they changed the tires with demo vehicle wheels which also had MRF tyres and I went for a test drive and they were butter smooth. So the culprit is tyres.
Wow! At least mystery solved. Does the dealer/service people acknowledge there's problem with tires? If yes, then you and dealer can together write to Skoda/MRF and try for a solution. Sometimes dealers are also known to co-fund the stuff out of good will.

Separate question to all owners
1) What you got in essentials kit? - the mats, flaps, USB cable, dustbin and what else?
2) India spec vehicles don't get electric child lock for rear doors? Is it manual turn the key in door kind?

Last edited by shrinath_m2 : 21st October 2019 at 21:03. Reason: Better readability
Old 23rd October 2019, 18:12   #434
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with Channel Motors Haldwani?

I had booked my Kodiaq L&K on 5th September and these guys have been giving me one excuse after other regarding the delivery. Since, they gave me their demo Kodiaq as a loaner when I complained a few weeks ago, I was not worried too much, but not getting the right update on the car is really frustrating.

Any suggestions on where/how to reach the head honchos in Skoda..?

Appreciate your inputs.
Old 24th October 2019, 17:46   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
Any suggestions on where/how to reach the head honchos in Skoda..?
didn't you get the contact details in the messages from Skoda when you booked? I think they do it.

Alternatively you can send an escalation to the Skoda support - 1800 123 090909 or customercare@skoda-auto.co.in
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks