Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2019, 10:02   #271
BHPian

Just booked a Kodiaq L & K yesterday from TAFE Access. Delivery should be in around 10 days give or take. Tried both the regular and L&K. In fact this is probably my 6th test drive of the car. Had driven it last year and in 2017 as well. I bought my X1 last year in October. Selling that to get the Kodiaq. In hindsight, should've just gotten the Kodiaq to begin with.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:06   #272
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

@sag_kv, hondatoyotafan, ajmat, pramod, need your perspective on a few things:
1- Do you find the power and torque punchy enough or find it just about adequate (or inadequate). Pramod, you owned a Yeti earlier. So how do you compare the Kodiaq with Yeti on this parameter? I love the torque on the Yeti and would definitely not want to upgrade to a car that's not as punchy as the Yeti atleast.
2- What made you guys pick the Kodiaq over an Endeavour? Ajmat, I know you have driven both extensively (well ,adequately) and hence your perspective would be great to have.
3- Do you think its worth waiting for the Scout? And does anyone have any idea if Skoda would get the 190bhp tuned engine with that?
4- Is the see-saw issue with the Kodiaq a deal-breaker? I already am under close watch and critique by my family members while driving the Yeti and get a fair bit of 'feedback' from them while I drive it at a any speed over 30kmph over a speed breaker saying how uncomfortable it is for those seated in the second row. Am dreading the kind of feedback I will receive in a similar situation while driving the Kodiaq.
5- Do you guys think that the Lava Blue is a bit too flashy. Am not too much a fan of flashiness. Have mostly owned whites.
6- Any issue that you have faced with the Kodiaq so far that makes you doubt your decision to go for it?
Thanks in advance.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:09   #273
BHPian

Sandeep,
What about the X1 forced you to change the car within such a short time after purchase?
Old 7th May 2019, 10:52   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Just booked a Kodiaq L & K yesterday from TAFE Access. Delivery should be in around 10 days give or take. Tried both the regular and L&K. In fact this is probably my 6th test drive of the car. Had driven it last year and in 2017 as well. I bought my X1 last year in October. Selling that to get the Kodiaq. In hindsight, should've just gotten the Kodiaq to begin with.

Congratulations!

Kodiaq looks classy and premium inside out. Which colour?
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:13   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsr View Post
Sandeep,
What about the X1 forced you to change the car within such a short time after purchase?
I was actually eyeing the Kodiaq for nearly 2 years. Took several test drives and I was quite happy too. Was almost going to book it when someone suggested why not try the X1. I fell in love with the driving dynamics and the power. The latter is something I wasn't too keen on since I was shifting from a 180hp 1.8 TSI Octavia. So bought the X1 but we had a baby boy and we have a dog also, altogether, the space in the boot primarily is too small for our needs and we are having to sacrifice on what we carry as a result or place items on the inside which reduces space for passengers. So, again now circled back and decided to make sure my family travels in comfort and we have enough space. I drove it again and I am content with the performance. Its no X1 surely but it still does good enough on the highways and is safe for my family. I do at least 1 long distance trip every month, sometimes two and rarely 3 so comfort and safety are even more important when such trips happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Congratulations!

Kodiaq looks classy and premium inside out. Which colour?
Thanks dude! Booked the Moon White
sandeepsarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:27   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude! Booked the Moon White
Great choice mate! Many congratulations! Am glad to know the reason for you to move to the Kodiaq which stemmed from your need for more space, and that reinforces my thought on opting for the Kodiaq vs waiting for a Karoq.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:32   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Great choice mate! Many congratulations! Am glad to know the reason for you to move to the Kodiaq which stemmed from your need for more space, and that reinforces my thought on opting for the Kodiaq vs waiting for a Karoq.
Thanks Sachin Yes definitely, if it is under your budget, having more space is always a good thing. Karoq is marginally bigger than the X1 boot I believe so you may face the same if you require a big boot. Also the second row seats are a bit wider on the Kodiaq than X1 which makes it more of a 3 seater than the X1.
sandeepsarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:52   #278
BHPian

Quote:
... pramod, ..
1- Do you find the power and torque punchy enough or find it just about adequate (or inadequate). Pramod, you owned a Yeti earlier. So how do you compare the Kodiaq with Yeti on this parameter? I love the torque on the Yeti and would definitely not want to upgrade to a car that's not as punchy as the Yeti atleast.
Yeti gearing was spot on with no Software modes .
Kodiaq is good enough in Sports mode, normal mode is just about OK for day to day life.

Quote:
2- What made you guys pick the Kodiaq over an Endeavour? Ajmat, I know you have driven both extensively (well ,adequately) and hence your perspective would be great to have.
I just wanted a more capable car rather than a true blue SUV, same as Yeti, but bigger, better and supported(my as yeti production world wise has stopped).

Quote:
3- Do you think its worth waiting for the Scout? And does anyone have any idea if Skoda would get the 190bhp tuned engine with that?
I would say, go for current version, else there always going to be a better and more powerful car in future

Quote:
6- Any issue that you have faced with the Kodiaq so far that makes you doubt your decision to go for it?
Kodiaq has been good to me till now

-Pramod

Mod Note: Please do not reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th May 2019 at 12:19. Reason: Do see the mod note at the end of your post. Thanks :)
pramods is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:06   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Just booked a Kodiaq L & K yesterday from TAFE Access.

I bought my X1 last year in October. Selling that to get the Kodiaq.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hope to read your ownership thread soon.

If you don’t mind sharing, how much is your X1 going for. A friend picked up a 2 year old X1 for roughly 26 lakhs - or so he says.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:36   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. Hope to read your ownership thread soon.

If you don’t mind sharing, how much is your X1 going for. A friend picked up a 2 year old X1 for roughly 26 lakhs - or so he says.
Thanks dude. I'm looking at mid 30s lowest for the car but it also depends on how good the condition is, number of kms done etc. I got mine in October 2018 and have clocked 9600 kms so far. I think it is possible to get a 2 year old X1 for 26 lakhs depending on the condition, kms and the variant. The Expedition variant is quite a bit cheaper than the xLine that I have for example and the xDrive mSport or msport sDrive are much more expensive than the Xline as well

Last edited by sandeepsarma : 7th May 2019 at 12:37.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 20:54   #281
BHPian

I am getting a good deal for a July 2018 model, please note this is an unregistered car. The gearbox however was replaced due to some issues. Wondering if I should go for it or not, let me ask you guys. If you had to how much will you be willing to pay OTR for such a Kodiaq in Maharashtra.
Old 9th May 2019, 09:13   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I am getting a good deal for a July 2018 model, please note this is an unregistered car. The gearbox however was replaced due to some issues. Wondering if I should go for it or not, let me ask you guys. If you had to how much will you be willing to pay OTR for such a Kodiaq in Maharashtra.
Wouldn't go near that. People are worried about getting an older production model because of wear and tear from just being left in the stock yard. But buying one that already had a major issue is one I would never recommend even if the offer is great. Getting a 2018 model is fine but not one that has such big an issue and one that is mechanical surely. Smaller issues like ambient lights needing replacement, broken mirrors etc are fine but this in my opinion is asking for trouble. Which colour is it btw. And how did they realize the issue?
Old 9th May 2019, 12:14   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't go near that. People are worried about getting an older production model because of wear and tear from just being left in the stock yard. But buying one that already had a major issue is one I would never recommend even if the offer is great. Getting a 2018 model is fine but not one that has such big an issue and one that is mechanical surely. Smaller issues like ambient lights needing replacement, broken mirrors etc are fine but this in my opinion is asking for trouble. Which colour is it btw. And how did they realize the issue?

It was sold to a customer in Nashik, Maharashtra. He found something wrong after driving few kms. The showroom fellow "fixed" it under warranty and returned it to the customer. The customer came back with the same issue (I dont know the actual customer complaint). The customer managed to raise the issue to Skodas managing director. The company was forced to take back the vehicle, which was driven 300kms. They replaced the gearbox, tested it another 500kms and the technical team gave a green for resale. They are providing full warranty just like a new Kodiaq, I have test driven the vehicle, used tbhps PDI and used car check list for checking it. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car anymore.

I cant buy a new Kodiaq, I mean I dont want to spend 44 lacs to buy a car. My budget is 30 lacs. Didnt like the fortuner or endeavor after trying the Kodiaq. Even these two are 40+ for their top end models. The kodiaq in question is being offered for just a little over my budget.
Old 9th May 2019, 12:32   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
It was sold to a customer in Nashik, Maharashtra. He found something wrong after driving few kms. The showroom fellow "fixed" it under warranty and returned it to the customer. The customer came back with the same issue (I dont know the actual customer complaint). The customer managed to raise the issue to Skodas managing director. The company was forced to take back the vehicle, which was driven 300kms. They replaced the gearbox, tested it another 500kms and the technical team gave a green for resale. They are providing full warranty just like a new Kodiaq, I have test driven the vehicle, used tbhps PDI and used car check list for checking it. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car anymore.

I cant buy a new Kodiaq, I mean I dont want to spend 44 lacs to buy a car. My budget is 30 lacs. Didnt like the fortuner or endeavor after trying the Kodiaq. Even these two are 40+ for their top end models. The kodiaq in question is being offered for just a little over my budget.

Did you try Tiguan ? Except the third row, its pretty close to Kodiaq in terms of power,features etc.
Old 9th May 2019, 13:36   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Did you try Tiguan ? Except the third row, its pretty close to Kodiaq in terms of power,features etc.
Didnt like the ground clearance of the Tiguan and I find it too small. Unfortunately, I have to prefer a 5+2 at this point in my life. By the way, I love driving sedans but due to my lower back issues, I prefer driving SUVs now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks