Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 23:47   #256
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
Nope, nothing on my car.

Could you please share some more details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I wish I had more details, I stay in Aurangabad where the Kodiaq is manufactured. One of my friend works for Skoda he told me the company just received a 500 kms run Kodiaq having gearbox issue. Also my cousin who works for VW group told me his friend who owns a Kodiaq (Gujarat) kept having issues, he will go to the service center and fix it and the problem (some noise while driving) kept coming back.
Quote:
Well not everyone who owns Kodiaq will be on t-bhp. I know it is a fact and not hearsay. I can't give you the vehicle number for obvious reasons. Do I have the vehicle number? I do
Touchwood but nothing on my 2018 Kodiaq with 7500 Km on the ODO. Nothing except road noise enters my car. Having suffered the infamous DQ 200 as we have a vento TSI in our family which has jerky shifts the DQ 500 in the Kodiaq is truly a class apart and a gem. You dont even feel the gearbox shifting. Also in international forums like Briskoda and audi forums there have been no reports of premature DQ500 failures before 80k Kms
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 07:45   #257
BHPian

I have done about 6500km and have never had any issue with the gearbox. The only issues I had are regarding the A/C cooling which I have figured out you should maintain atleast a difference of 8 to 10 degrees compared with outside temperature to have effective cooling in this car. Secondly suspension setup, sound dampening and body rattles are not well controlled for a premium car like this fine tuning these issues will make this already perfect car into an unbeatable one.
The dashboard noises as somebody mentioned earlier are no surprise as even I have experienced in my car and suspension issue I had during the first 600 km itself which was found to be a loose bolt in the cross member.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 12:02   #258
BHPian

Skoda to launch the Kodiaq Scout in India ?

Skoda is said to be bringing the Scout version to complement the L&K and the base Style variants in India.

I hope they at least bring in the scout, in its original state of tune compared to the excuse of power that the present variants make.

If the Scout is coming, does it mean they may eventually bring in the vRS?

Source:

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...2019-23555.htm
Old 18th April 2019, 09:35   #259
BHPian

Rear suspension in the Kodiaq.
Guys anyone commuting in the rear seat with chauffeur driven feeling all the small road undulations and humps creeping into the cabin and seat. I feel the rear seat comfort very unsettling and feel every small detail of the road creeping into the back and spine. I tried adjusting the tyre PSI to 35 still find the ride quality to be hard.
Has anyone tried lower PSI setting. I am worried about the rims and mileage if I reduce the PSI further.
Any suggestions and experience in back seat comfort will be much appreciated. Thank you.
If its only me then I should get my suspension checked ASAP.
Old 18th April 2019, 10:04   #260
Senior - BHPian

If you are feeling every small detail in the road on the seat then your tyre pressure is way too high. Try reducing it to 32 or 33 and check the difference.
Old 19th April 2019, 09:17   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
If you are feeling every small detail in the road on the seat then your tyre pressure is way too high. Try reducing it to 32 or 33 and check the difference.
Sure will do that but company recommended is 35 when no luggage and 39 when fully loaded. Guys how much PSI are you maintaining and what tyre make do you have.
Old 19th April 2019, 13:36   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Guys anyone commuting in the rear seat with chauffeur driven feeling all the small road undulations and humps creeping into the cabin and seat.
It pitches at speed like a see-saw on those types of roads. Even the Skoda PR folks agreed with me on that. Hope they introduce DCC on the Kodiaq soon!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 19:06   #263
BHPian

Guys what is the PSI you are using in your kodiaq tyres. Has anyone travelled in kodiaq fitted with the MRF tyres and any other brand did you feel any difference. I am just trying out to find out the culprit for bad ride quality -suspension Vs make of tyres Vs PSI.
I have adjusted the PSI to 32.5 ride quality improved a bit but am worried it will take a toll on the tyre life, cause rim damage on potholes and punctures.

Last edited by sag_kv : 25th April 2019 at 19:07.
Old 25th April 2019, 19:14   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Guys what is the PSI you are using in your kodiaq tyres. Has anyone travelled in kodiaq fitted with the MRF tyres and any other brand did you feel any difference. I am just trying out to find out the culprit for bad ride quality -suspension Vs make of tyres Vs PSI.
I have adjusted the PSI to 32.5 ride quality improved a bit but am worried it will take a toll on the tyre life, cause rim damage on potholes and punctures.
How bad is it? I heard from a few owners that there is a thud when this or any other skoda goes through a deep pit or acute bump. Is it that thud noise or the ride itself is troubling you?
Old 25th April 2019, 22:47   #265
BHPian

Is the Kodiaq engine BS6 compliant? I tried searching in the forum but could not get this information.
Old 26th April 2019, 16:59   #266
BHPian

I went to checkout a used kodiaq today, it was hardly run. I saw uneven panel gap at the rear near the tail lights. I checked 2 other kodiaqs and one of them had the same kind of panel gap, it was really strange. Another thing was the driver side door was getting out a little bit, as in not flushed with the skirt panel. Trust me when I say this, its not an accidental car, neither one of them were accidental. Out of all the 3, only one of them had consistent panel gaps. Once again believe me none of the cars are accidental.

Is there anyone here who knows of anyone who bought a white color Kodiaq a few months ago in Nashik, Maharashtra? This particular vehicle was returned to the showroom due to some issues, if anyone knows someone like that I would like to talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Is the Kodiaq engine BS6 compliant? I tried searching in the forum but could not get this information.
I dont think it is, but I'm not sure. Let me ask something if someone buys a BS4 diesel car today (assuming its not BS6 compliant) and sells it after 6-8 years; the resale value will be next to nothing.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2019 at 10:57. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 1st May 2019, 22:22   #267
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think it is, but I'm not sure. Let me ask something if someone buys a BS4 diesel car today (assuming its not BS6 compliant) and sells it after 6-8 years; the resale value will be next to nothing.
I have confirmed with the dealer that it is BS4 compliant only. I have also booked the car. Your point about resale value is true. I plan to have it as long as it services me well so did not wait for the 2020 BS6 version. My only concern was compatibility with BS6 fuel and we have very good information in our forum which clarified the doubts. As we know there will be significant price increase for BS6 variant and there is a question of how well it can run with BS4 fuel so may have to depend on BS6 fuel only. With BS4 variant you can run with both fuels. Again resale is a big concern so it is up to the individual to make the decision based on their requirements.
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:41   #268
BHPian

Quote:
I saw uneven panel gap at the rear near the tail lights. I checked 2 other kodiaqs and one of them had the same kind of panel gap, it was really strange. Another thing was the driver side door was getting out a little bit, as in not flushed with the skirt panel. Once again believe me none of the cars are accidental.
No such issues on my car.

Looks like you have been having some bad Kodiaq experiences.
Old 5th May 2019, 23:40   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Guys anyone commuting in the rear seat with chauffeur driven feeling all the small road undulations and humps creeping into the cabin and seat. I feel the rear seat comfort very unsettling and feel every small detail of the road creeping into the back and spine. I tried adjusting the tyre PSI to 35 still find the ride quality to be hard.
Has anyone tried lower PSI setting. I am worried about the rims and mileage if I reduce the PSI further.
Any suggestions and experience in back seat comfort will be much appreciated. Thank you.
If its only me then I should get my suspension checked ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It pitches at speed like a see-saw on those types of roads. Even the Skoda PR folks agreed with me on that. Hope they introduce DCC on the Kodiaq soon!
Quote:
I maintain a tyre pressure 0f 36 psi as per UK Kodiaq forums and find it OK. But most of my daily drive is over smooth city and highway tarmac. recently went to a construction site with a lot of offroading and found the see-saw effect as described by ajmat. Also went to a village recently with bad roads and could feel the undulations. maybe it is the mrf tyres to blame
Old 6th May 2019, 09:21   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
I maintain a tyre pressure 0f 36 psi as per UK Kodiaq forums and find it OK. But most of my daily drive is over smooth city and highway tarmac. recently went to a construction site with a lot of offroading and found the see-saw effect as described by ajmat. Also went to a village recently with bad roads and could feel the undulations. maybe it is the mrf tyres to blame
The car I used did not have MRF tyres so you can eliminate that point!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks