Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2018, 11:43   #196
BHPian

The L&K looks drool worthy with the ceramic coating. Cheers and wish you many happy miles.

Yes. the seats do house the airbags.
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-airbag1.jpg

You can check out this page to see the other components exposed! This does give a lot of understanding of the car and makes you appreciate it better.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...d-to-the-bone/

Seat belt pretensioner

The seat belts are equipped with pyrotechnic pretensioners and force limiters that instantly shorten the seat belt in a collision by approximately 10 cm.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-bezpecnostnipasy1.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th January 2019 at 16:13. Reason: Back to back posts.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:13   #197
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

When I check a new Kodiaq Style variant, I see from chassis number that its a April/May 2018 make. And L&K is Aug/Sep make.

While I know it will be a 2018 and thats why they give discounts, i am a little concerned that the manufacturing month is this old 8 to 9 months old. I was expecting a Sep/Oct 2018 make!!

One reason that they give is that its CKD. Any thoughts on this? Should this be a concern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Here are some interior pictures, not so great ones tried to click them in a hurry.
Congrats on your new buy and wish you many happy miles. Quick question: In your chassis number/VIN, which month and year do you see? - 6th and 10th characters of your 17 digit VIN..?
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Got ours delivered on the 18th December (10 days from booking it) by JMD Thane.My dad and son seem to love it and have already clocked 1500kms in the last 10 days
How's the experience been so far? Needed to know few things :
1- Have you taken it off road? If yes, have you faced any issues with the ground clearance?
2- Have you found the power lacking while overtaking?
3- What were the options you considered while buying the car, and what made you pick this from that list?

I remember Ajmat mentioning in one of his posts post the Spiti tour of the Kodiaq that it did very well on the tour.

Would love to hear on these points from the other owners on this forum as well.
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:53   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
One reason that they give is that its CKD. Any thoughts on this? Should this be a concern?
This is normal for Octavia upwards and is indeed because of CKD & partly applies to SKD too. The VIN is stamped at the Skoda mother plant(s) directly.

For example, my Octavia registered in January 16 was actually June 15 manufactured. What is important is the Model Year. Mine was already a MY16 vehicle with subtle but important changes to the infotainment unit etc.

For more information, see these great videos!

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd January 2019 at 19:11.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 20:47   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
This is normal for Octavia upwards and is indeed because of CKD & partly applies to SKD too. The VIN is stamped at the Skoda mother plant(s) directly.
Thank you. Yes, but I am a little concerned that it's 9 months old. Sep would have been still ok. April is a little too much and unusual, I guess, even with year-end deals!!

The deprecation loss is probably more than discounts..
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 08:17   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Yes, but I am a little concerned that it's 9 months old. Sep would have been still ok. April is a little too much and unusual, I guess, even with year-end deals!!

The deprecation loss is probably more than discounts..
Agree, the depreciation on VAG luxury cars are a killer. In my case, I was somewhat neutral as my car was invoiced at the 2015 price so I saved ~50k even though it was registered on Jan 5/6 2016. Secondly, it is a rare Rio Red colour with which we had fallen in love. So went for it.

Net net, screw the depreciation!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 07:40   #202
BHPian

Quote:
When I check a new Kodiaq Style variant, I see from chassis number that its a April/May 2018 make. And L&K is Aug/Sep make.

While I know it will be a 2018 and thats why they give discounts, i am a little concerned that the manufacturing month is this old 8 to 9 months old. I was expecting a Sep/Oct 2018 make!!

Congrats on your new buy and wish you many happy miles. Quick question: In your chassis number/VIN, which month and year do you see? - 6th and 10th characters of your 17 digit VIN..?
K and J are the Characters. In my RC it is noted as manufactured in Dec 2018.
Old 6th January 2019, 12:51   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
K and J are the Characters. In my RC it is noted as manufactured in Dec 2018.
K and J means its Oct 2018. Make sense as L&K is new. In short, yours is quite new, which is better

See https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin
to see how to calculate month/year from VIN..

Last edited by motorhead5 : 6th January 2019 at 12:53.
Old 8th January 2019, 23:42   #204
BHPian

Guys a follow up on the rattling noise. Today Skoda was generous to send its service mechanic to my home as there is no service center at my place. We took and test drive and then took it to a garage with fork lift to check the suspension as he suspected some loose component in the suspension. But didn't find any loose nut ot bolt. He said you can send the vehicle to the service center where we can check by replacing the shock etc. But the service center is about 450 kms that is the only glitch which I hate to do. I might drive it till the first service as the noise is only coming while driving on rough roads and potholes. I suspect a defective right front shock lets see what it turns out to be. He had taken recorded evidence of noise and the odometer so if anything needs to be changed under warranty.
Good service back up and prompt post sales support I am experiencing. Keep it up Skoda.

Last edited by sag_kv : 8th January 2019 at 23:45.
sag_kv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 06:04   #205
BHPian

First Service Experience:

My car completes a year on Jan 20th, plus the odo is almost at 15K, so sent the car for my first service. Called their service phone number to book an appointment (got this number via the SMS that I had received reminding me of the service)

This was at the TAFE Access service center on Hosur Road, Bangalore.

At the time of my car purchase I had opted for the 4yr/60,000Kms package.

I thought the service center did a good job. The SA was polite, seem to understand the job at hand. They first checked for any recalls - the battery recall did not apply to my car, but they had to change some minor part, something to do with a fuel connector.

The engine oil used was Castrol Edge Professional longlife III 5W-30. Surprised to see that they used individual 1 ltr cans. Topped up the coolant & break fluid.

They did a diagnostic check with a computer attached and seems like everything is ok with my car.

Apparently they don’t do water washes anymore. Some court ruling or something on saving water. They did a dry wash, which cleaned the car OK, but I guess just because I know it was a dry wash makes me feel that it is not as clean as some professional cleaning jobs.

The bill came up to Rs.93. This is for consumables.

Overall, I am satisfied with the my first Skoda Service experience

Last edited by indusboy : 12th January 2019 at 06:11.
indusboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 14:54   #206
BHPian

Just did a test drive of 3.2 Endeavor and the Kodiaq yesterday. Found the sports mode of the Kodiaq to be more responsive and having more torque than the endeavour on sports mode. Was able to overtake very well. Have any of you felt the same or was it a one off?
Old 13th January 2019, 22:22   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
First Service Experience:

My car completes a year on Jan 20th, plus the odo is almost at 15K, so sent the car for my first service. Called their service phone number to book an appointment (got this number via the SMS that I had received reminding me of the service)

This was at the TAFE Access service center on Hosur Road, Bangalore.

At the time of my car purchase ....

Could you please share How much did the service package cost you? The word on the street is that Skoda generally is costlier to maintain. It I believe with comprehensive service packages like these the company is making some effort in the right direction to transparently price the service visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Just did a test drive of 3.2 Endeavor and the Kodiaq yesterday.?

In its current state of tune (rather de-tune) I found the Skoda Kodiaq rather sober to drive compared to the excitement that the 3.2 offers. Things do get a little better on the Skodiaq with sport mode but still the 3.2 was brutal and pulled better in my personal opinion.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 08:40   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Found the sports mode of the Kodiaq to be more responsive and having more torque than the endeavour on sports mode.
More responsive, yes, the Kodiaq has a quicker gearbox, more torque, no.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 09:59   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
More responsive, yes, the Kodiaq has a quicker gearbox, more torque, no.
So would that mean it's comparatively better while overtaking than the endeavour?

Also, felt the ride quality (read suspension) felt better on the endeavour than the Kodiaq. May be the extra weight on the endy gives it a more planted feel than the lighter kodiaq?
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 00:40   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Could you please share How much did the service package cost you? The word on the street is that Skoda generally is costlier to maintain. It I believe with comprehensive service packages like these the company is making some effort in the right direction to transparently price the service visits.
I paid Rs.60,000 for a 4 service pack, valid for 4 years or 60,000 KMs whichever is earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks