Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 14:05   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
It was sold to a customer in Nashik, Maharashtra. He found something wrong after driving few kms. The showroom fellow "fixed" it under warranty and returned it to the customer. The customer came back with the same issue (I dont know the actual customer complaint). The customer managed to raise the issue to Skodas managing director. The company was forced to take back the vehicle, which was driven 300kms. They replaced the gearbox, tested it another 500kms and the technical team gave a green for resale. They are providing full warranty just like a new Kodiaq, I have test driven the vehicle, used tbhps PDI and used car check list for checking it. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car anymore.

I cant buy a new Kodiaq, I mean I dont want to spend 44 lacs to buy a car. My budget is 30 lacs. Didnt like the fortuner or endeavor after trying the Kodiaq. Even these two are 40+ for their top end models. The kodiaq in question is being offered for just a little over my budget.
Thanks for the explanation. I get the budgetary constraint. If they are giving all warranty and agreeing to fix any problems that may arise then fine. But you should get it in writing to be safe and at the end of the day 30 lakhs is a lot of money.

If not this, then maybe looking for used Kodiaqs without issues might also be a good idea. However with the rising cost, time also plays a role and you cant wait for too long to purchase a new one
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 19:00   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
@sag_kv, hondatoyotafan, ajmat, pramod, need your perspective on a few things:
1- Do you find the power and torque punchy enough or find it just about adequate (or inadequate). Pramod, you owned a Yeti earlier. So how do you compare the Kodiaq with Yeti on this parameter? I love the torque on the Yeti and would definitely not want to upgrade to a car that's not as punchy as the Yeti atleast.
2- What made you guys pick the Kodiaq over an Endeavour? Ajmat, I know you have driven both extensively (well ,adequately) and hence your perspective would be great to have.
3- Do you think its worth waiting for the Scout? And does anyone have any idea if Skoda would get the 190bhp tuned engine with that?
4- Is the see-saw issue with the Kodiaq a deal-breaker? I already am under close watch and critique by my family members while driving the Yeti and get a fair bit of 'feedback' from them while I drive it at a any speed over 30kmph over a speed breaker saying how uncomfortable it is for those seated in the second row. Am dreading the kind of feedback I will receive in a similar situation while driving the Kodiaq.
5- Do you guys think that the Lava Blue is a bit too flashy. Am not too much a fan of flashiness. Have mostly owned whites.
6- Any issue that you have faced with the Kodiaq so far that makes you doubt your decision to go for it?
Thanks in advance.
1.Power and torque I feel are just about adequate and readily available when you need it, but don't expect a rocket you know its heavy and 150 bhp is just about enough for all those relaxed souls out their but not for Schumachers who enough the adrenaline rush.

2. I didn't have the endeavour in mind it is too bulky and kodiaq L&K had all the perks a car of this segment should have and also gives you a feeling of compactness for a car of this size what I mean is it is not bulky like the hulk.

3. I would say its your call as for me the decision making was a day. You need it today don't wait till tomorrow many more cars will keep coming which are better. ( Example I bought my Ninja 1000 2016 model within one months time there was more upgraded model with new styling and cheaper to- but I never regretted because I had not to wait another year for the new model and enjoyed it to the max and now I am done with it - you age and the urge just passes away - just my story 😂 ).

4. Comfort levels on uneven roads is a little jolty I don't like the way the car undulates, the suspension setting is on the harder side. I have kept the PSI set at 32.5 to improve the rear seat comfort. (50 % Improvement in ride comfort- feedback received)
P. S My car has MRF tyres.

5. I have Lava Blue and I love it, It is not flashy. It is dignified and understated luxury and the chrome goes in well with this colour.

6. Nothing I love my car - No reason to hate it. Small glitches will be there in any model or car we just have to figure out and find a solution.

Hope this info helps you Sachin in making your decision.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 21:34   #288
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
@sag_kv, hondatoyotafan, ajmat, pramod, need your perspective on a few things:
1- Do you find the power and torque punchy enough or find it just about adequate (or inadequate). Pramod, you owned a Yeti earlier. So how do you compare the Kodiaq with Yeti on this parameter? I love the torque on the Yeti and would definitely not want to upgrade to a car that's not as punchy as the Yeti atleast. .
The power to weight ratio significantly lesser than the Yeti. This is balanced out by a significantly superior DSG box which masks a lot power deficit but ensuring the correct gear/torque blend. Also the engine is less peaky compared to the Yeti.

Quote:
2- What made you guys pick the Kodiaq over an Endeavour? Ajmat, I know you have driven both extensively (well ,adequately) and hence your perspective would be great to have.
I have not driven the Endeavour at length, all I can say is that for a body on frame chassis, it handles well but interiors are no where near the Kodiaq. If you use the car on really rough or non existent roads, this is your pick!

Quote:
3- Do you think its worth waiting for the Scout? And does anyone have any idea if Skoda would get the 190bhp tuned engine with that?
The Scout if it comes will be a cosmetic variation, higher ground clearance and skid plates. I doubt the 190PS engine will come. Its too peaky and demand will be too low to homologate the engine.

Quote:
4- Is the see-saw issue with the Kodiaq a deal-breaker? .
Only on dulating roads at high speeds

Quote:
5- Do you guys think that the Lava Blue is a bit too flashy. Am not too much a fan of flashiness. Have mostly owned whites.
I love it, we were disappointed that we were not allocated this colour during our trip
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:59   #289
BHPian

We had our Lava Blue beauty delivered on Tuesday. There was a very good discount on the 2018 Style but the colour (Exclusive to the L&K. Not a single person who hasn't fallen in love) was too scintillating to forego. Its also nice to experience features like the 360 deg camera (With a nifty fish-eye feature in the front camera for blind approaches) & Virtual Cockpit (It's great to look at but not as useful without the Google Earth maps available in Audis [Only abroad, I'm guessing?]).

Booking process at JMD Sanpada was smooth and the offers included the 6 year warranty and a good discount. They threw in an okay buy-back offer for our 2013 X1. Was Booked on 11th April but delivery was sadly delayed due to elections, Labour Day etc.

Spoilt by our old X1, both dad and I observed the less than eager nature of the powertrain. Keeping the revs under 2000-2500 rpm until its run-in so we didn't really hustle her. Gearbox is butter smooth though and handling is stable. Its easy to forget the size. I'm sure its only a matter of adjusting, especially considering we're both quite sedate drivers.

I'd say its better not to compare the Fortuner & Endeavour (Huge fan!) with the Kodiaq. It's purely subjective and the customer base is unlikely to cross shop.

Overall, the seats are comfortable, the cabin, spacious and refined and the feature list (very) long, with a spattering of clever touches. I wish I could fill you in further but that'll have to wait until I visit home again.

Here's a parting shot. I feel the chrome in the grill works well with the blacked out headlamps and fog lamps, especially in Lava Blue.
saur95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 09:56   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
We had our Lava Blue beauty delivered on Tuesday. There was a very good discount on the 2018 Style but the colour (Exclusive to the L&K. Not a single person who hasn't fallen in love) was too scintillating to forego. Its also nice to experience features like the 360 deg camera (With a nifty fish-eye feature in the front camera for blind approaches) & Virtual Cockpit (It's great to look at but not as useful without the Google Earth maps available in Audis [Only abroad, I'm guessing?]).
Congratulations on your new ride dude. Funnily, I also have booked for an L&K and even more coincidentally, I was also using an X1. A short lived relationship as I only has it for 7 months. Since our X1 was Blue, we decided to go for a White one especially since that was one of the colors I fancied on my X1 and Octavia but didnt get. Btw the image that you attached doesn't seem to be loading, at least not for me. I only noticed you had put an image as it showed up as a URL when I quoted your tweet. Looks great! Happy miles

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th May 2019 at 11:21. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 10th May 2019, 12:36   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Congratulations on your new ride dude. Funnily, I also have booked for an L&K and even more coincidentally, I was also using an X1. A short lived relationship as I only has it for 7 months. Since our X1 was Blue, we decided to go for a White one especially since that was one of the colors I fancied on my X1 and Octavia but didnt get. Btw the image that you attached doesn't seem to be loading, at least not for me. I only noticed you had put an image as it showed up as a URL when I quoted your tweet. Looks great! Happy miles
Thank you very much Sandeep. Hope you have a smooth delivery.

Mum was particular about picking up a 7 seater otherwise we were also considering the Passat or the Camry Hybrid. And the X1’s service cost into the 5th year was concerning.

We had a Valencia Orange X1 so maybe we have a penchant for eye-catching colours haha.

I’ve attached the photo once again. I’m a little out of touch with posting here, clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-c56f631620b540918a3d3f3e2f6f69b0.jpeg  

saur95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 12:47   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
I’ve attached the photo once again. I’m a little out of touch with posting here, clearly.
Hey congratulations on the Kodiaq and I love the color you bought, I sent you a private message asking for the price JMD quoted for the 2018 model.
Old 13th May 2019, 10:34   #293
BHPian

Anybody faced a coolant low problem yet in Kodiaq, during my recent 2300km ride I got a message for check coolant level, it was really low and have to top up with distilled water. This after first service done at 10K and low coolant warning was at 12K. Need to take back to service to add G13 concentrate as I added only distilled water.

Anyone with this warning yet? have seen few thread at Briskoda with same warning around 13K mark, so not worried so much right now. Have checked engine compartment for any leak but nothing.

-Pramod
Old 13th May 2019, 11:22   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Anybody faced a coolant low problem yet in Kodiaq,
It shouldn't appear so early unless there is a leak. Did you car hit any bumps or pot holes hard recently? I once faced a Coolant Pump leak on my Octavia because of such a bump. The coolant issue popped up even though there was coolant. It came thrice in 2 days and I took it in for service. My opinion would be to take it to the service centre.
Old 13th May 2019, 11:52   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
It shouldn't appear so early unless there is a leak. Did you car hit any bumps or pot holes hard recently? I once faced a Coolant Pump leak on my Octavia because of such a bump. The coolant issue popped up even though there was coolant. It came thrice in 2 days and I took it in for service. My opinion would be to take it to the service centre.

Nothing that would qualify a "hit" , but did jump one of the speed bump on road at around 70-80kmph, but it was Ok. Have not seen the warning since 800Kms and 3 days after topping up with distilled water.

Will any way have it checked at service center.

-Pramod
Old 13th May 2019, 12:05   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Have not seen the warning since 800Kms and 3 days after topping up with distilled water.
I dont think there is an issue with the vehicle. The jump you mentioned would not have damaged it in any manner.

Skodas are known to consume some coolant on and off and I would attribute it to Nagpur's super hot summers as well.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 12:27   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing that would qualify a "hit"
Since you said it hasnt come again for 3 days, it should be safe. If it does pop up again then definitely do take it to the SC.
Old 18th May 2019, 22:12   #298
BHPian

Took delivery of our Skoda Kodiaq L&K Moon White yesterday. Here are some photos of the car. Will be writing an ownership report sometime soon with the entire process. People familiar with my Octavia thread would get an idea of what to expect. If you've any questions, please do let me know.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190518_221104.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190518_221055.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190518_221044.jpg
sandeepsarma is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 10:36   #299
BHPian

Wow! Many congrats again, @sandeepsarma! Looks mindblowingly good! Your car pics have only made life miserable for me now. I am a fan of whites, was lost between deciding between the white kodiaq vs lava blue, had kind of decided to opt for the lava blue, and now these photos take me back to square one.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 12:19   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Many congrats again, @sandeepsarma! Looks mindblowingly good! Your car pics have only made life miserable for me now. I am a fan of whites, was lost between deciding between the white kodiaq vs lava blue.
Thanks Sachin! To be honest. I feel the White looks better on the L&K compared to on the Style. If you're opting for Style then White I feel doesn't look as good due to the taller black skirts. Here is a look at both. They happened to have a White Style also at the showroom so could compare

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190519_121555.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190519_121605.jpg

But the Lava Blue is also a very attractive color. My previous car was Blue and I wanted White for previous two cars but it wasn't too favoured by the family so didn't get it. Now it seems right
sandeepsarma is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks