Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2021, 10:38   #511
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Prospective buyers, here's some info for you.

IMPENDING PRICE INCREASE ACROSS FORD RANGE.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-20210325_103201.jpg  

Old 29th March 2021, 19:26   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
For the old EcoSport, new Figo, Aspire and Freestyle, here's a post on Facebook who has installed it in his car. It's Idumbakumar who did this mod in his pre facelift EcoSport.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ecospo...9421188127200/
Hope this might help all those who are on the fence for cruise control in the mentioned models.
Old 15th April 2021, 00:56   #513
BHPian

There are multiple reports on social media of BS6 TDCi engine losing power (at speeds >80kmph) and jerking (while shifting gears). There's also a talk of Ford planning a recall for ECU updates etc. How prevalent and serious is this issue, among the long term users?
Old 6th May 2021, 09:25   #514
BHPian

Loose insulating sheet inside engine bay area

During engine bay cleaning, I found that the insulating material / firewall were free from their clips and hanging freely. Over a period of time this might cause the material to sag and lose rigidity.

Fixing is easy as one can pull the clip by hand or use a nose plier and tuck the sheet underneath. Some users have reported the insualting material getting free and hitting the ac pipes causing a rattle during car running.

If your car is 2+ year old like mine, it might be good to take a peek as several others in our WA group noticed the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img_20210501_114505.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img_20210501_114509.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-img_20210501_115010.jpg  

Old 14th June 2021, 23:26   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Romeo1 View Post
I am pasting my one of the email communication with Ford India for the reference so that you understand how much I tried my level best and how much you will have to fight for if you want a proper resolution. I had sent my car to ASC at least 8 times to ASC for this issue.

2. While cruising on highway at speed in the range of 80 kmph and above -

Car has tendency to steer itself to left. I have to firmly hold the steering. Vehicle starts to steer to left and I have to correct the steering to right consistently so as to maintain straight path.

3. During cruising speeds on highway -

If I take the foot off the accelerator pedal, vehicle steers to left side very prominently on plane road. This was demonstrated to service guys during trial runs. As per service guys this is standard safety feature.Logic given to me was this – “When there is no pressure on accelerator pedal, car assumes that driver may have fallen asleep hence right hand driven car will steer itself to left side of the road to avoid accident. This is standard safety feature and service guys have video demonstration from Ford also” Although I don’t buy this logic at all, I asked service guys to show me the documentation and video in this regard, details were not shown to me. Anyways it is not at all like this. If there is slope to right side of the road and if I take off the foot from accelerator pedal and release the pressure on steering wheel, vehicle clearly goes to right side.
Has this issue been resolved now? Did you receive a permanant resolution by any chance? I am having the same problem in my Aspire. The issue wasnt present until the 45000 kilometre service which included Wheel Balancing and Alignment.
Old 16th August 2021, 07:36   #516
BHPian

Hi: just changed my freestyle booking from diesel to petrol, primarily due to uncertainties regarding DPF issue.
Quoting from another thread regarding E20(petrol+20% ethanol mix) fuels that are going to be made available from 2025.
Quote:
Now this is surprising because my Ecosport Ecoboost of 2017 and all the Ecosport petrols thereafter are specified to run on upto E20 petrol blend.
Can any of the petrol owners confirm if this is the case with petrol engine on Freestyle as well? Would be such a relief!
Old 28th June 2022, 17:32   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey, No modern car will overheat even with the outside temperature touching 50 degrees, the cooling systems are overengineered, if you keep driving in the ghats for hours on end, it will still not overheat.

Get you car checked, something is definitely wrong
Finally got the issue resolved. First the radiator fan was changed. An year later next summer, the radiator valve was replaced. Another year in the next summer after covid lockdown eased, th radiator was found to be faulty with a blockage and creating unequal pressure, etc.

Glad the car wasn't used much due to covid lockdowns. Not very confident about how linear the troubleshooting was though.
PCCrit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 17:55   #518
BHPian

I was checking out a petrol Freestyle titanium+ July 2021 model. it seems it does not have andriod auto. It looks like it has only mapsofindia or similar ? Is that true.. I don't want to get the ICE which is swapped from the other or lower model. Did ford chop of this important feature before letting themselves go from indian market ?
Old 8th September 2022, 18:02   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumoto View Post
I was checking out a petrol Freestyle titanium+ July 2021 model. it seems it does not have andriod auto. It looks like it has only mapsofindia or similar ? Is that true.. I don't want to get the ICE which is swapped from the other or lower model. Did ford chop of this important feature before letting themselves go from indian market ?
Android auto has been absent from Figo/Freestyle since their BS6 update. They have flyaudio instead, with in-built maps from, you guessed it right, mapmyindia.

ICE unit is otherwise quite well furnished- Android auto doesn't provide much else (find it really, really overhyped feature in other cars, IMHO), honestly (the only thing one would miss is live maps).
Nikhil Beke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:23   #520
BHPian

Hola fellow Freestyle owners.

Here is a 4.5 yr mid life update for Scarlett Red, my T+ 1.2l Freestyle.

My ownership experience had been nothing short of magic. The torque curve demands a lot of shifts when driving within the city. But the highway is where she shines. Scarlett does silly highway speeds in no time with the 95 bhp motor and low kerb weight. The tough chassis plasters joy all over my face every time I take her to the ghats and the safety electronics give me the comfort to push her to her limits everytime. Trust me, they are life savers.

After 30kms of love, the rear suspension started showing its age. I could hear the suspension mounts everytime a fully loaded rear hit a bump or rough road. This made me feel bad in an otherwise silent car with zero rattles.

My only grouse is the poor fuel efficiency, but I blame myself for not shifting before 3.5k ever I usually get 10kmpl in the city and 15kmpl on road trips.

Cauvery Ford maintaining their super awesome service quality agreed to replace my rear shocks within warranty. I've had an amazing time maintaining Scarlett with them. Service cost has so far never exceeded 5k annually and she comes back spick and span, looking better than I handed her over after every annual service. She hasn't given me anything but 30k of smiles.

I keep her in top shape and replace damaged parts immediately. Till date, she has seen the entire cladding being replaced over 4 times and the rear bumper being touched up once when a biker decided to look at his mobile while driving and rear ended Scarlett.

I love the Freestyle to bits. Despite the creeping itch to upgrade, I haven't found a worthy replacement. I find the Slavia/Virtus to be the only ones in market I think can hold a candle to Ford's driving dynamics. However, 23l for an unreliable machine is simply not my cup of tea. Also, given my experience with Scarlett and Ford in general, I shudder to think how to reset expectations with any other car and service brand. I have decided to hold on to her until she lives. It is our loss that Ford decided to quit India. If they ever come back, my next car will be a Ford again.

Last edited by kaushikduttajsr : 7th February 2023 at 17:39.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 13:34   #521
BANNED

I too have decided to retain my Figo 1.5D inspite of actively starting to look for a replacement a few months back. There is simply no replacement for the machine in today's market. There is no other machine which can do 0-100Kmph in 9.63 seconds while casually returning 22+ kmpl even during spirited runs with AC and still cost this low to maintain. I will endeavor to keep it around for over 4L kms(1.48L km in odo now) even if it means buying a new engine and gearbox in future.
COMMUTER is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:59   #522
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
There is no other machine which can do 0-100Kmph in 9.63 seconds
May I know the source?
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 19:07   #523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
May I know the source?
It's been 7 years and I am not able to find one. We have an Ameo 1.5D and Figo 1.5D and they still are the fastest of the lot.
COMMUTER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 12:36   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr View Post
Hola fellow Freestyle owners.

I love the Freestyle to bits. Despite the creeping itch to upgrade, I haven't found a worthy replacement. I find the Slavia/Virtus to be the only ones in market I think can hold a candle to Ford's driving dynamics. However, 23l for an unreliable machine is simply not my cup of tea. Also, given my experience with Scarlett and Ford in general, I shudder to think how to reset expectations with any other car and service brand. I have decided to hold on to her until she lives. It is our loss that Ford decided to quit India. If they ever come back, my next car will be a Ford again.
We all are in the same boat. There's no other car which feels like a proper successor to any of the Ford's.

For some mid life updates, you can try updating sync 3 to 3.4(can be done via cyanlabs) and unlock sync and Cruise control on a Freestyle . Even I give both my EcoSports at Cauvery Ford only for every single thing in both my twins.

I will wait till Ford makes a comeback for my next car or will get one from overseas (through sounds crazy, might do it someday)!
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:30   #525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
May I know the source?
https://www.motorbeam.com/ford-figo-...seconds-video/

I have a Aspire 1.5L AT, which does 0-100 under 11 sec, I had timed it crudely to be 10.3 sec. The Figo and Freestyle diesels are way faster than mine for sure. I badly wanted to buy them, but the congested city roads made me opt for the petrol AT. So a below 10 sec time for diesel Figo/Freestyle is very much possible. It's poor man's hot hatch for sure!
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks