Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2019, 20:25   #211
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Four months of ownership and 4000 KMs and I have a very positive experience with my TDCi. Although it had an issue with the AC which was rectified during the first service, I think it's an one off case and you shouldn't be worried about it. I know an ownership review is due from me but I'm planning to do it once I cross 7000 KMs at least.
motobliss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 00:20   #212

I found this post in a facebook group " Ford Aspire Facelift Owners Indian - #Whyfollow be Unique !! " posted by Vivek Wankar.

Quote:
This bag is from part between front mirror and tyre, (as shown in pic), used for noise reduction.
The bag is black colour and have foam cut pieces in it. Mouse ruined it and i took the bag out. So when i went in Ratnaprabha Ford service centre in Aurangabad, they said they do not have the part and they even do not supply it,( company do not give it, and even the bag do not have part number)
Please help me what to do.
As per OP and comments on the post,its for noise dampening.Can anybody confirm this if its true and what's the real purpose of the bag?
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-75603425_993153694378337_2300548620207783936_o.jpg  

2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-76924001_993153981044975_8185607848223309824_o.jpg  

Ronak_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 10:43   #213
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,
I have an disappointing experiance from Ford ASS. This happend in mid October and I waited till now expecting a feedback call from JSP or Ford. But these fellows take feedback only from happy customers, not from everybody. Here goes quick chain of events.
1. Our Aspire windshield developed a crack due to stone hit and need to be replaced. I have called the service centre and confirmed about parts availability & cost. I was given an estimate of ~7K.
2. I had visited on the scheduled date and handed over the vehicle. Below is the quote
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-windshield_quote.png
3. After 4 hrs or so I have recieved a call from service centre saying spare parts are not available
4. I have collected the vehicle and waited for couple of days.
5. Post spares arrival (JSP never called me, I did the follow-up), I have dropped the vehicle again.
5. Windshield is fixed as agreed and vehicle is ready for delivery, but I don't know that there is a big surprise waiting at the service centre.
6. Final bill amount came to 8,676/- instead of 6,982/-. In total there is an increase of 1,694/-, i.e 24% higher than the quote.
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-windshield_bill.png
7. I was not informed about the price change till the final bill payment.

I lost my cool and asked for justification of 24% jump in the bill, ASS guy told there is a change in the part and quote was for pre facelift aspire etc. After I have gave him Team BHP gyan about facelift differences, he agreed that there is no change in the windshield pre/post facelift. The more interesting part in this whole episode is that there is no feedback call neither from dealer nor from Ford.

Ford, is this the way to improve customer experiance? definetly not
Old 30th December 2019, 14:17   #214
BHPian

One lesson I have learnt by my numerous experiences to reputed authorized service centers lately is drop your vehicle with them and pray heavily that everything goes well and you end up with a reasonable bill. Most often you would still be disappointed unless its your routine service with no extra repairs. They seem to be using the logic that add those atrocious charges for all repairs. Even if they remove those charges or give discount to 20% of their customers due to escalation they still pocket in the rest 80%.

I have had much worse experiences with the so called industry leader that my 2 humble experiences with Ford still remain better though my second visit left me red faced. You always have the option to write an email to Ford customer care who are quite responsive and look eager to sort out issues. How successful they are at their effort still remains a question though. If you are ready to stick out your neck and spend time on follow ups then am sure you might at least receive some closure on this issue from Ford. It actually might be the case that the estimate was not accurate the 1st time.
Old 7th January 2020, 17:15   #215
BHPian

Hello guys, wanted to know something
Can the foglamps be made to switch on when you switch on the headlamps? i.e. i know the aspire has a Euro style arrangement of headlamp buttons, so does the foglamp button stay pressed in when you engage it, or does it come back after you let go of it?
In cars like the i20, I've seen there is a knob on the headlamp stalk for the foglamps, wherein you can keep it turned on.
My current car has a button near the centre console for the foglamps, and i have to press it everytime to switch on the foglamps.
Old 8th January 2020, 13:20   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hello guys, wanted to know something
Can the foglamps be made to switch on when you switch on the headlamps? i.e. i know the aspire has a Euro style arrangement of headlamp buttons, so does the foglamp button stay pressed in when you engage it, or does it come back after you let go of it?
The button doesn't go in when the lamps are turned on/off.
If the option is available to turn on the fog lamp along with the headlight in the Ford software, it can be done. My cars fog lamp turns on when the ignition is turned on as alternate to a DRL. One version of the old Ecosport came with this feature from the factory.

Last edited by tharian : 8th January 2020 at 13:22.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 13:34   #217
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My cars fog lamp turns on when the ignition is turned on as alternate to a DRL.

How did you achieve this? I could not find a similar setting in my Aspire.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 13:45   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My current car has a button near the centre console for the foglamps, and i have to press it everytime to switch on the foglamps.
If you want the fog lights to always turn on together with the headlamp, simplest solution is to bypass stock wiring. Simply install a relay harness & power the fog lights from the battery directly. The relay coil wire should be tapped into the low beam fuse OR the low beam wire of the head lamp. Quite a simple thing to do as a DIY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The button doesn't go in when the lamps are turned on/off.
If the option is available to turn on the fog lamp along with the headlight in the Ford software, it can be done. My cars fog lamp turns on when the ignition is turned on as alternate to a DRL. One version of the old Ecosport came with this feature from the factory.
As DRLs? So you have rewired them via the ECU / ACC fuse to turn on upon ignition?
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 14:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
How did you achieve this? I could not find a similar setting in my Aspire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

As DRLs? So you have rewired them via the ECU / ACC fuse to turn on upon ignition?
There is no extra wiring or re-wiring done. It was done through the Forscan software. There are various options available in the software and if the car is compatible with those options, it can be enabled/disabled.
One of it was making the foglamp to be a DRL. When the parking/headlights are switched on, the foglamps turn off and can be turned on manually after that.

Fellow member D3mon had the software and made the changes for my car couple of years ago. Not sure if he still has it since he doesn't have a Ford now.

Post #72
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...w-wolfd-5.html

Last edited by tharian : 8th January 2020 at 14:56.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:26   #220
BHPian

Will the Aspire be available in the BS6 form? If yes, will BS6 variant reduce power/torque, or increase maintenance costs?
If it reduces power and consequently increases maintenance costs then it's a waste in my eyes, of course it's my opinion.

Anybody has info on the BS6 aspire? Will it arrive? If yes, will it result in lower power/torque? I was checking the specs of BS6 Yamaha R15 vs BS4 and BS6 had lower power figures.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th January 2020 at 10:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. ofc > of course.
Old 17th January 2020, 19:06   #221
BHPian

Seems nobody is bothered about the BS6 variant?
If anybody can answer it would be really helpful. My questions are,
1) Will the Aspire be available in the BS6 form?
2) If yes, will BS6 variant reduce power/torque, or increase maintenance costs?
If it reduces power and consequently increases maintenance costs then it's a waste in my eyes.

@Gannu @moralfibre @any mod reading
I wouldn't mind this post being merged but nobody is answering my query, if a mod has the answer, kindly answer my questions.

Thank you.
Sai

Last edited by SaiSW : 17th January 2020 at 19:09.
Old 17th January 2020, 19:12   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Seems nobody is bothered about the BS6 variant?
If anybody can answer it would be really helpful. My questions are,
1) Will the Aspire be available in the BS6 form?
2) If yes, will BS6 variant reduce power/torque, or increase maintenance costs?
If it reduces power and consequently increases maintenance costs then it's a waste in my eyes.

@Gannu @moralfibre @any mod reading
I wouldn't mind this post being merged but nobody is answering my query, if a mod has the answer, kindly answer my questions.

Thank you.
Sai
There won't be a BS6 diesel engine of Ford. As per what I know from few Ford enthusiast friends, they will be using the BS6 diesel engines of Mahindra. Only their home grown dragon petrol engine will be made BS6 compliant.

I too own a Figo TDCI, and definitely will miss it when I wish to upgrade or change. It is a brilliant in city engine and with Wolf Moto it has gone from good to excellent on highways as well.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 19:15   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
There won't be a BS6 diesel engine of Ford.
Thank you for answering my query,
The aspire available now is bs4, can i run it post bs6?
Will I be able to run the car on bs6 fuel? I heard bs4 diesel engines will not take bs6, will the tdci break down on bs6 diesel?
Old 17th January 2020, 19:42   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for answering my query,
The aspire available now is bs4, can i run it post bs6?
Will I be able to run the car on bs6 fuel? I heard bs4 diesel engines will not take bs6, will the tdci break down on bs6 diesel?
Nothing as such. Not just Ford all BS4 cars can be driven as long as you keep the car serviced timely and take all precautions you have been taking so far.

There is a separate thread of cars been run on BS6 fuel. You may find more accurate and detailed information over there.

Don't be worried, no bs4 engine will break down just because do BS6 diesel. May be usage of fuel additives would increase.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 19:41   #225
BHPian

GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS
Very high chance aspire and the lot will get 1.5 tdci bs6 after the ecosport just recently received the bs6 update.

This means Ford is keeping it's promise, its promise was to upgrade all its small/medium sized car portfolio to bs6, which includes the ecosport.

I have nothing but respect for Ford. Ford, Tata are two companies which will always have respect from me. They care atleast a little bit about their customers. Meanwhile in some companies like you-know-which, their officials go on record to say more safety features in cars is not good. Nothing but a sense of distrust and disgust towards them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
There won't be a BS6 diesel engine of Ford.
Ample reason to be optimistic now, man.

Last edited by SaiSW : 20th January 2020 at 19:43.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks