Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
The Dealership list for JTPs seems to have been expanded. There were only 2 dealers in Kerala in the first list, but now there are 4!
Yes, it was a surprise to see Kannur in JTP in dealer list even before TVM and Kozhikode. There is no JTP dealer in south Kerala.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 13:38   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
One quick question: Does it have auto retractable OVRM or manually needs to be folded ?
The ORVMs need to be folded manually as there is no option for manual retracting. Most of such features in JTP are identical to Tiago so this may become available in JTP if and when Tiago gets it.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 22:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
However, I don't these will see sustained demand. Anyways Tata has limited them in terms of availability so that will be a factor as well.
I have heard from the Tata personnel who accompanied me for the test drive saying they have delivered about 100 cars in Bangalore. Though I doubt it, because JTP is very hard to come by on city roads in Bangalore. I have been literally trying to see a JTP on road ever since :P. Though the cars are worthy and good, I don't see why the sales numbers aren't that strong considering Baleno RS doing about 900-1000 cars a month.

Do you mean to say they won't be produced for long or there will be higher waiting periods in the future?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th January 2019 at 11:17. Reason: Minor formatting
Old 25th January 2019, 10:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

If the JTP version does good numbers, then most car makers will understand the need for performance version of their current models, just like having a "cross suv" version for every model out there.

Some performance models like Octavia VRs seem to have generated more interest than their non-performance oriented counterparts. Hope the trend gathers more phase.
Old 25th January 2019, 13:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard from the Tata personnel who accompanied me for the test drive saying they have delivered about 100 cars in Bangalore.
I doubt if 100 JTP cars have been dispatched from the factory yet, so no way 100 would be delivered, let alone in Bangalore. When I got mine, there were only 2 Tiago and 1 Tigor JTP for all of Pune and all were sold out. The showrooms don't have any display / TD cars yet.

Quote:
Do you mean to say they won't be produced for long or there will be higher waiting periods in the future ?
Showrooms tell me that these cars are made only against confirmed bookings. Tata has gone the distance of setting up a company and hired new team just to build JTP brand, so don't think they will pull plug on these cars. But yes, these won't be available off the shelf and every owner might have to go through some waiting period.
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 16:15   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt if 100 JTP cars have been dispatched from the factory yet, so no way 100 would be delivered, let alone in Bangalore. When I got mine, there were only 2 Tiago and 1 Tigor JTP for all of Pune and all were sold out. The showrooms don't have any display / TD cars yet.

Good to know. I am so confused I like the pocket rocket Tiago but Tigor suits my needs as a Sedan. If you have driven both can you tell realistically what was the experience if it helps me make up my mind ? Are the gear shifts any different between the two? any other difference apart being a Sedan ? too much body roll etc.,

If you have driven during night time on busy highways or roads, Can you let us know your experience of the Headlight illumination and focusing being a double barrel. I have seen so many stock projectors just cosmetic when it comes to realistic illumination in the night ? Basically do you feel the need to upgrade those lights for better visibility ?

Last edited by Sunsh!nes : 25th January 2019 at 16:20. Reason: few more questions
Old 25th January 2019, 17:20   #112
BHPian

Quote:
If you have driven during night time on busy highways or roads, Can you let us know your experience of the Headlight illumination and focusing being a double barrel. I have seen so many stock projectors just cosmetic when it comes to realistic illumination in the night ? Basically do you feel the need to upgrade those lights for better visibility ?
Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago! - This thread might be of help to you. It has details of 2 instances where bhp-ians upgraded to the projector headlamps in their normal Tiagos and there are also snaps of the headlight throw with the projector headlamps.

Last edited by VivekCherian : 25th January 2019 at 17:22.
VivekCherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 17:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know. I am so confused I like the pocket rocket Tiago but Tigor suits my needs as a Sedan. If you have driven both can you tell realistically what was the experience if it helps me make up my mind ? Are the gear shifts any different between the two? any other difference apart being a Sedan ? too much body roll etc.,
Haven't driven Tigor JTP but added some initial impressions in the ownership thread which might help you. If you have the budget of around 9L, Tigor JTP will be much practical option. It gets climate control, reverse camera, better rear seat and huge boot. Driving experience should be same unless pushing hard. I had no need for a sedan and didn't want to exceed budget hence Tiago JTP.

Quote:
If you have driven during night time on busy highways or roads, Can you let us know your experience of the Headlight illumination and focusing being a double barrel.
I have driven briefly at night and lights feel okay. Nothing bad but nothing exceptional either. They are definitely better than Tiago. I think they should be good for everyday needs.
Old 27th January 2019, 14:06   #114
BHPian

I went to Concorde Motors in Guindy, Chennai unplanned to see if I can test drive the Tigor JTP. It's a white one and contrary to my expectation, it looks better in flesh. I would take the red any day though. The SE told me he had an another appointment but offered a short test drive which I accepted. He drove me to the petrol station while showing off the capability of the car. It pulls very well from zero and overtaking is simply a pedal away. After refueling he took me to the road that leads to the race course and gave me the driver seat.

The car is fun to drive and overtaking is a breeze. I didn't push it hard yet but that guy was too nervous sitting in the passenger seat. When I was trying to overtake a Bolt, he was cautioning me of an incoming vehicle. I simply went ahead and the JTP overtook without any drama. This is the time I noticed that I was driving the car in the city mode . His nervousness made me forget about the mode I was driving in I think. By this time my TD was almost over and I entered the main road. Fortunately being a Sunday, the road was empty but I had just a few hundred metres left so I changed to sports mode and and boy the car became a different animal now. I could feel I was pinned to the seat. With my very brief ride in sports mode, I was impressed.

The SE told me to inform him in advance so that he could arrange a TD for a longer duration. Now that I know how the car behaves. I'm planning to belt it next time, maybe within a week.

Initial observation:
  • The exhaust isn't loud. It sounds sweet though.
    The steering is nice to hold.
    Inside of the car is fully black.
    Low-end pull is better than its lower-powered sibling, which should help in heavy traffic.
    NVH levels are not bad for a 3-cylinder engine at 60 or 70 kmph.
I'll upload some pics later.

Last edited by motobliss : 27th January 2019 at 14:35. Reason: Guilty > Guindy + some typos. Splitting the opening post to paras for better readability.
motobliss is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 21:47   #115
BHPian

Some pics I took yesterday. Unable to edit my previous post, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jti1.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jti2.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp3.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp4.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp5.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp6.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp7.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp8.jpg  

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-jtp9.jpg  

motobliss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 23:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobliss View Post
Some pics I took yesterday. Unable to edit my previous post, sorry.

Thanks for the pics !

Tigor sounds as a more practical option for someone who wants a Sedan. Tiago is a pocket rocket and this one is practical choice for anyone who needs better comfort and boot space.
Old 30th January 2019, 15:47   #117
BHPian

Pune folks, does Concorde@Baner have any JTP for Test drives? They promised to call back and since no update.
Old 30th January 2019, 17:44   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Pune folks, does Concorde@Baner have any JTP for Test drives? They promised to call back and since no update.
Checked with my advisor couple of days ago. Concorde Pune received 4 JTPs all of which have been delivered. They are awaiting next batch of cars and will then put up for display and test drive. Other showrooms in Pune haven't received any cars either.
Old 31st January 2019, 21:00   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Other showrooms in Pune haven't received any cars either.
Panchjanjya motors at Bhosari definitely have a Tiago JTP as I visited the showroom last week. It is a red colour example they have.
Old 1st February 2019, 13:51   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Panchjanjya motors at Bhosari definitely have a Tiago JTP as I visited the showroom last week. It is a red colour example they have.
Is it? My bad then. I had shared what my sales advisor told me. What's surprising though, neither Panchajanya nor National Autowheels have contacted me back on JTP because I had followed up with them so much calling every week to ask for updates. If such is their attitude, I wonder how will the sales for JTP keep up.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks