Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 15:52   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Is the Tiago JTP available in additional colors other than Red and White? Spotted a display Tiago JTP in Orange shade outside Concorde showroom Velachery, Chennai. Just had a glimpse when passing by.
It's only the red and white. It's possible you could've seen the latest top-end tiago. I confused one for a JTP too one time..
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 08:04   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
It's only the red and white. It's possible you could've seen the latest top-end tiago. I confused one for a JTP too one time..
The reason I asked was that I saw the JTP board in place of the number plate. I didn't see the bonnet properly to confirm if it was indeed a JTP as I was driving. I could either be my eyes playing or wrong badging by the showroom. I'll stick with the former for now.
Old 1st July 2019, 11:48   #243
RnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
I was informed by the dealer that the new infotainment scree will be offered as an add on to all existing customers. The new batch of cars are going to take a while it seems. So, existing owners of Tiago and tigors please check with your dealer.
Yes, I got a call from the JTSV sales team member and he mentioned that the new batch of Tiago JTPs will come with a 7" ICE, ACC and electronically foldable OVRMs. Expect a price hike of 25-30K INR. The Tigor on the other hand will get minor exterior upgrades like shark fin. The new batch will take at least 2-3 months to arrive.

He also informed me that they are soon going to launch an exclusive accessory set for the JTPs.
RnK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 12:10   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnK View Post
Yes, I got a call from the JTSV sales team member and he mentioned that the new batch of Tiago JTPs will come with a 7" ICE, ACC and electronically foldable OVRMs. Expect a price hike of 25-30K INR. The Tigor on the other hand will get minor exterior upgrades like shark fin. The new batch will take at least 2-3 months to arrive.

He also informed me that they are soon going to launch an exclusive accessory set for the JTPs.
Thanks.

So, is the Tigor not going to get the 7" screen?. Any info on that? Also, did they mention that what kind of accessories will be provided? Just cosmetics or some useful ones too?
Old 1st July 2019, 17:05   #245
RnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
So, is the Tigor not going to get the 7" screen?. Any info on that? Also, did they mention that what kind of accessories will be provided? Just cosmetics or some useful ones too?
Tigor will also get it!
Accessories such as rear view camera for the Tiago apart from the usual cosmetic add-ons.
RnK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 21:19   #246
BHPian

This is my little white Tiago with a big heart. Still running in, 500 came up today. This one is a keeper!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-img_20190707_181949.jpg  

Last edited by vik99 : 7th July 2019 at 21:22. Reason: Typo
vik99 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 16:49   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
This is my little white Tiago with a big heart. Still running in, 500 came up today. This one is a keeper!

Congratulations on the Pocket Rocket!!! Have a wonderful and safe riding miles and miles

Quote:

Thanks for confirming, I had heard the same from on the JTSV Personnel, I had given a detailed feedback after my initial test drives of both the cars. I was doubtful whether they would actually implement those changes, but good to see, they are serious about selling this car and making it have the basic features that we look for. Happy to note, they are getting these changes in next couple of months. This helped me make my decision on get my hands on Tigor JTP

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2019 at 20:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 22:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Congratulations on the Pocket Rocket!!! Have a wonderful and safe riding miles and miles
Thanks. It has been quite a wait for this. I remember drooling over the Palio 1.6 GTX as an undergrad, it costed 6 lakhs if my memory serves me right. Stratospheric price it was (atleast from where I stood)! The only other car to catch my fancy was the Abarth Punto, but that car has always been out of my reach. Either due to lack of Vitamin M or due to the fact that Fiat seems to have stopped making them.

Then, along came JTSV with the Tiago. The car isn't without its flaws, it isn't a hot hatch, it is loud, space is at a premium, it doesn't get Android auto and what not, but boy does it have character! and plenty of it at that. The best part is that the guys at JTSV are just as passionate about the product as most of us here are about cars.

The only fly in the ointment is the lack of a sustained marketing campaign by Tata/JTSV. If done right, this car can have a halo effect on other Tata products. I believe there exists a market for a reasonably priced car with a good engine, not everyone is chasing mileage. Tata are you listening???
vik99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 17:17   #249
BHPian

Quote:

It's confirmed, I see the change in the Brochure which I got from the Tata website.
https://jtp.tatamotors.com/Tiago%20JTP.pdf
https://jtp.tatamotors.com/Tigor%20JTP.pdf

1. Tinted Glass(Windows and Tailgate glass)
2. Electric adjustment for OVRM.
3. Cooled Glove Box.
4. Electric Boot Unlock.

AFAIK, these were the features that got added for the JTPs after customer feedback. I guess it will take another 2-3 months for the batch of JTPs to get it. I remember giving feedback after my test drives of JTPs speaking to a executive from Pune giving a detailed feedback about the features lacking and also the feedback by the executive that these features will be added in the next batch and the customer feedback is being taken seriously. I was thinking that this would go in vain, but I was wrong. I am happy to see that they are acting on feedbacks and I like the way TATA is giving more preference and importance to customer feedback and implementing changes. Good to see these changes, now it makes a more prominent and worthy package to invest in.

I am waiting to book them once they are rolled out in couple of months.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 19:10   #250
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Can JTP cars be used as an effective City commuter and for occasional long trips? I am not an enthusiastic driver, rather a sane driver. Asking because this jtp motor is not really rev happy and the low end grunt is lacking. Will NexonP be a wise choice instead? Tks.
Old 21st July 2019, 20:03   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians,

Can JTP cars be used as an effective City commuter and for occasional long trips? I am not an enthusiastic driver, rather a sane driver. Asking because this jtp motor is not really rev happy and the low end grunt is lacking. Will NexonP be a wise choice instead? Tks.
spr1ngleo, if you are a non enthusiastic driver and dont need the JTP'ed Tata twins, why not the regular Tiago / Tigor instead?
Old 21st July 2019, 23:07   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

JTP gets exactly same engine as Nexon petrol with slightly different tune. The engine gets as much low end torque as one can get from 1.2L engine. Yes, the turbo is tuned to provide ballistic mid range than support low end torque. The car is capable in city and on highway but of course suffers from common trait of Tata cars which is dismal fuel efficiency in heavy city traffic.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:06   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

Would the Nexon Petrol be a wise choice? Depends on what you are looking for from the car, if you need the space, then yes. It is more or less the same engine in a bigger shell.

As for city driving, the occasional jerky/snappy behavior may take some getting used to, most people here find it manageable. I do, you could too. The car holds it own on highways. It handles well and you don't feel the speed like some other makes in the similar price range/segment.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:56   #254
RnK

Got this beauty delivered three days ago! Took it for a spin on a nearby hill-station and couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-lrm_export_32949054916647_20190724_101351743.jpeg  

RnK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 15:53   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Got this beauty delivered three days ago! Took it for a spin on a nearby hill-station and couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
Congratulations buddy. Wishing you a lot of ‘smiling’ miles. The red colour is too good for ‘sporty’ hatchback.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks