Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 23:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekgeneve View Post
This looks neat. Would you be able to share where you procured this from? Thanks!
Got them from 3dmatsindia.com. I don't think they were listed on the site, but I dropped them a query on the website, they got back to me on WhatsApp. They also do Cash on delivery. The mats have been holding well in the monsoon season so far.
TheCatalyst is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:54   #182
BHPian

An unfortunate mishap occurred wherein my fortuner reversed into the crv and broke the front grill and damaged the bumper.(Not even a paint peel or scratch on the fortuner) Used this situation to get the sound coming from the front end addressed too. The cars been at the workshop since the 10th Aug and maybe the body shop work will get over in another day or two. Insurance approval and post that arranging the parts I guess takes that long.

Shot off a mail to honda customer care since the dealership was sounding vague when it came to addressing the issue with the sound. Apparently over the last service they had informed me that an engine mount replacement will be received and they will try it out to remove the sound but when I asked the dealership to do the same since the vehicle is with them they backtracked and said that they won't get the part unless the diagnostic is done and the sound is too less to record on their diagnostic tool. I hate this attitude of time buying by these dealerships and the mail seems to have awakened the slumber. There was a quick acknowledgement of the mail and the dealership suddenly came alive with a WhatsApp group made for the update of the bodyshop whereas all this while i was having to call and take updates and the service advisor called me complaining on why i sent the mail when he had said that this time we will solve the issue. It was a pain to make him understand that you are the one who spoke about a replacement mount which you then changed back to not possible and in the meanwhile I have already driven over 2-3k kms in the course of waiting for the mount to arrive.

Another follow up mail from honda customer care was received today where they have mentioned that they will perform an inspection on the vehicle for a detailed analysis by the honda technical team. At least i'm happy with the response on mail by honda. Lets see what happens on the ground. They are also going to change the transmission oil and i'm ok with it being changed again in 40k kms as i believe its better to be safe than sorry especially in a low sold product with an advanced gearbox.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 00:27   #183
BHPian

The update is that I received the car back today after a long stint at the dealership. The claim for the part damaged were the front grille and repair of bumper which was billed at around 37k and is cleared by the insurance.

The sound issue that I had has been addressed by changing the engine mount under warranty. The part and labor bill for this was around 18k. Id suggest anyone facing this issue should push for replacement of the engine mount. I have not driver the car yet since it was just delivered today evening. Will update incase that has addressed the issue.
Old 11th October 2023, 17:13   #184
BHPian

The right side engine mount was the main culprit for the sound. It did go away post the change and the car definitely felt a little smoother with lesser vibrations.

Now post 2k kms done after the change there was a new sound of a much larger thud coming sporadically from the right front side. I got it checked just yesterday and now the right side lower swing arm has a cut in the rubber bearing and the oil has leaked out. The warranty process has been initiated and the part is expected in a week.

My car is at 84k kms now so i'm assuming these parts are now slowly giving up. Now is the time for the extra payment towards extended warranty to come into play. It also shows the difference between a Toyota and a Honda because my fortuner which is at around 94k kms still drives like the day it came home with touchwood no use hopefully of any suspension work as yet.
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 17:36   #185
BHPian

Its back now with a changed right side lower arm spring covered under warranty and a 0 value invoice for an otherwise 8-9k expense. The issue is that now it has an alignment issue or rather a steering which is tilted when going straight. As per the dealership the alignment is independent of the suspension and this should not have happened, my take is that when working on the suspension it is bound to affect the alignment. Anyway another round of trip at the dealership, I just fail to understand why these dealerships leave something or the other pending and an issue is never closed with a single trip!
Old 2nd November 2023, 18:07   #186
BHPian

The steering was off which was adjusted from near the wheels during trial. The alignment as per the technician was ok.

So now its time for a road trip to see if things are all in place and as luck would have it I have a 600 kms round trip scheduled to start tomorrow.
Old 10th November 2023, 17:37   #187
BHPian

Drove like a dream. Except now i can hear creaking sounds from the driving seat on shifting or moving in the seat which was not there earlier. It probably is a reality check that I've put on weight
I wonder how this will be addressed now.

The suspension is perfect. The overall fuel average was 18kmpl over a 5-600 kms total trip. No other sounds or issues.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 21:35   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Drove like a dream. Except now i can hear creaking sounds from the driving seat on shifting or moving in the seat which was not there earlier. It probably is a reality check that I've put on weight
I wonder how this will be addressed now.

The suspension is perfect. The overall fuel average was 18kmpl over a 5-600 kms total trip. No other sounds or issues.
Hey rugsrags! Yes, your updates are useful and fun to read. I do not own the CR-V or intend to buy a second hand one but its always good to read updates of a fellow enthusiast about such a special car. Many of us felt that the 1.6L Diesel engine was a let down and I guess it was to some extent. But it is a great engine none the less and the CRV offers a great package.

Keep the updates coming! What other cars do you own?
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:45   #189
BHPian

So the car has clocked 90000kms. A milestone as i usually replaced my cars earlier around 80-85k. Goes to show the improved reliability and build quality of modern machines. I can't find a fault yet in the car and it still drives and looks like new. I've still put it up on the classifieds though I doubt I will be able to change it anytime soon as I really can't find a suitable alternative to it. It came back with a service bill of 7992/- for its 90 k service which is seriously very reasonable. I've still asked for the brake pads to be changed now even though the pad thickness is at 3.8mm for the front with a limit of 1.6mm and rear at 4.2mm with a limit of 1mm. Keep in mind these are the original brake pads that came fitted with the car. The pads are on order and should be in stock soon will get them changed then.
Also the seats were tightened over the service and the creaking sound that was there has noticeably reduced though if you strain to hear its still there sometimes.

The 1.6L diesel is a let down in terms of outright performance but makes up for it in terms of frugality (I have got an average of over 17kmpl over my entire 90k kms) and the 9 speed gearbox does wonders for keeping it idling at very low rpms at cruising speeds making it a very very quiet engine on highway rides. (At 140kmph is when the 9th gear kicks in and the engine is spinning at around 1800-2000rpm! )

Attaching a picture of trip B meter which resets every 10k kms which kind of proves my point of frugality. Over 7600kms the average has been 18kmpl!

Apart from this I own a 2018 Fortuner which is now at 97k kms, a 2017 Honda City at 62k kms, a Bmw 3 Limo diesel at 18k kms and an 2021 alto cng at 18k kms. Big dilemma with the fortuner and crv both as I just don't know what to replace them with as they both drive just like the day I bought them and i can't figure out replacement vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CR-V : Official Review-20240221_180902.jpg  

Honda CR-V : Official Review-20240222_132855.jpg  

rugsrags is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 15:32   #190
BHPian

I am getting a CRV diesel automatic with 40k odo and demanding 20lk. How good the deal is and is it worth spending this much on an old car which is not available now. Are the parts very expensive?

Last edited by utkarshgoel : 24th February 2024 at 15:44.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 15:47   #191
BHPian

Is the new generation CR-V expected anytime soon?
Old 2nd March 2024, 14:52   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I am getting a CRV diesel automatic with 40k odo and demanding 20lk. How good the deal is and is it worth spending this much on an old car which is not available now. Are the parts very expensive?
It does not matter that the car isn't available but at this price point there is nothing even close to what it offers. Also as I've documented too there have been no part failures in my 91k run vehicle so its one of the most reliable vehicle as well. The service bills have been mentioned by me and that shows that the parts are totally reasonable in terms of costs.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 17:02   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
It does not matter that the car isn't available but at this price point there is nothing even close to what it offers.
My first SUV - a used 1999 CR-V that I had got when I was in the US long back. This pic is a pic of a pic, hence the low clarity. I think it still looks good - kind of simple styling, had lots of space and was an AWD. Not as well specc'd as the newer versions.

Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv.jpg

I wouldnt mind getting one like how Utkarsh has come across - the parts is the big doubt. From feedback about Honda, they dont seem as supportive as Toyota.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:04   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Is the new generation CR-V expected anytime soon?
A Honda dealer said the new CR-V is coming this year for around 40 Lakhs.
Not sure if this is true or not, but hope it comes with hybrid tech if and when it arrives.
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 14:17   #195
Sok

Hi fellow members. Am on the lookout for a CRV diesel (2WD/AWD) for my parents. Would be great if any of the team members could share a lead they know of. We are based in Kerala, so any leads around this region would be great.But we are open to leads from other states as well. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks