Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2019, 06:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

When the first gen Honda CRV came along in 2003-2004 it used to be priced at about 18 lacs and that price appears to have just more or less doubled these last 15 years.

Even the buyer profile has completely changed.

Skimping on features to save costs at this level of pricing is only going to distance them further from the buying public.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:04   #77
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

I am in the market for a good Diesel Automatic SUV in replacement on my Toyota Fortuner (2009). I am hearing good discounts on the Ford Endeavour and CRV but inclined more towards the CRV because of it being easier to drive in Mumbai. With the CR-V discounts nearly touching 5L it looks like a very tempting deal. Just wanted to check the real world feedback from BHP'ians who are currently owning the Diesel CR-V. Also any clue why the Sales for the CR-V are so low inspite of reviews stating that it is a good car? Is price the only factor or is there something I am missing.
Old 19th August 2019, 17:07   #78
BHPian

Close to February, March 2020, there are chances that the BSIV vehicles will get stocked if the production is not planned well and in case the demand continues to be less as the industry is going through a slow down. Would there be chances that the stock could be sold with much more added discounts than the prevailing 4-5 lakhs? Not sure if buying one now is a wise decision or not.

Last edited by sunsivj : 19th August 2019 at 17:16.
sunsivj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 23:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Also any clue why the Sales for the CR-V are so low inspite of reviews stating that it is a good car? Is price the only factor or is there something I am missing.
I can't speak for others but for me it's the engine. I'm in the market for an SUV and if looking at the CR-V, it has to be the diesel rather than the decade old engine with that CVT.
However, even if available between 20 - 25L, I can't justify paying that kind of money for a 120hp engine.
sweetvar26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 07:14   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post
Close to February, March 2020, there are chances that the BSIV vehicles will get stocked if the production is not planned well and in case the demand continues to be less as the industry is going through a slow down. Would there be chances that the stock could be sold with much more added discounts than the prevailing 4-5 lakhs?

Yeah the discounts might be much higher, but also it is there in the news that Honda has significantly lowered the production so as to avoid stocking up. Plus most likely, u would have to get 2019 production car with great discounts - is it worth it, when u are buying this in March 2020 ?
Even now they hv 2018 cars with close to 6.5 lacs discount - for me personally, it's a no no.
Old 25th August 2019, 21:35   #81
BHPian

IV driven my 2wd diesel CRV around 2500kms now and over this period IV missed the power only occasionally since the gearbox makes the experience ok. The power output being low does prevent outright bursts of acceleration but the torque along with the comparitively lower weight of the car makes the pull decent. I'm yet to go on a long highway tour with it but the comfort/ride more than makes up for any shortcomings whatsoever. After my purchase IV had two of my friends pick up the crv too and at 30 on road they've managed cracking better deals than me and I feel it's complete value at this price point.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 23:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
IV driven my 2wd diesel CRV around 2500kms now and over this period IV missed the power only occasionally since the gearbox makes the experience ok. After my purchase IV had two of my friends pick up the crv too and at 30 on road they've managed cracking better deals than me and I feel it's complete value at this price point.
Your friends who have bought the CRV, is that petrol or diesel? And which year model have they purchased? please clarify.
Old 26th August 2019, 05:57   #83

Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
IV driven my 2wd diesel CRV around 2500kms now and over this period IV missed the power only occasionally since the gearbox makes the experience ok. The power output being low does prevent outright bursts of acceleration but the torque along with the comparitively lower weight of the car makes the pull decent. I'm yet to go on a long highway tour with it but the comfort/ride more than makes up for any shortcomings whatsoever. After my purchase IV had two of my friends pick up the crv too and at 30 on road they've managed cracking better deals than me and I feel it's complete value at this price point.

30 on road, that is just too good. It must be a petrol CRV!! Diesel cannot be a that price unless it is a 2018 manufactured car.

Last edited by tituni : 26th August 2019 at 06:00.
Old 26th August 2019, 11:59   #84
BHPian

Both purchased the 2wd diesel and they're 2019 manufactured vehicles. All 3 of our cars were ordered from the factory since the dealer did not have any car in stock. What helps is thay the dealer is a close friend so he has dipped into his own margins too to accomodate the prices and discounts so I don't know whether your local dealers will manage matching the price.

I forgot to add we also got the option to do our own insurance which in affect worked in our favour too.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th August 2019 at 13:01. Reason: Making it one logical post
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 14:32   #85

Quote:
Both purchased the 2wd diesel and they're 2019 manufactured vehicles.
===
I forgot to add we also got the option to do our own insurance which in affect worked in our favour too.

I managed at 32 on road (Mumbai registration) for the 2WD with 50% NCB on insurance, but could not push the dealer any more. My insurance is being done by the dealer. I could have saved a few thousands more on insurance, had i done it myself.

But if ur friends managed at 30 on road, that is insane - almost 7.8 lacs discount ����

Did ur friend take all the add ons as well - Extended warranty, RSA, back to invoice & so on
But i did manage a few Acessories free of cost - the forward sensors, Basic kit & the step illuminator ��

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th August 2019 at 14:44. Reason: Please limit to 2 smilies in a post. Thanks.
tituni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 16:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tituni View Post
I managed at 32 on road (Mumbai registration) for the 2WD with 50% NCB on insurance, but could not push the dealer any more. My insurance is being done by the dealer. I could have saved a few thousands more on insurance, had i done it myself.

But if ur friends managed at 30 on road, that is insane - almost 7.8 lacs discount ����

Did ur friend take all the add ons as well - Extended warranty, RSA, back to invoice & so on
But i did manage a few Acessories free of cost - the forward sensors, Basic kit & the step illuminator ��

You have to take into account that the road tax calculations for UP and Mumbai are different.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 18:00   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
You have to take into account that the road tax calculations for UP and Mumbai are different.
Oh sorry, i did not know that the vehicles were registered in UP. I thought we were discussing Mumbai prices.
Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 18:59   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Phew. With 21% Road Tax, the on road for AWD at Kochi is still around 36. For FWD it would come down to possibly 33 odd. 30 on road is just great pricing.

As Tituni said, CRV production is down and very few colors available now.

Meanwhile, came across this Youtube video in Russian (doesn't understand a word of it) which sums up offroading capabilities of the CRV. While it doesn't speak much, i am pretty sure any of us (say 98%) wouldn't venture beyond any of this in real life...

Nice colour also. Wish the colour was available in India...
skuz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 19:12   #89
BHPian

I was assuming Bangalore@Karnataka has the highest Road Tax in India and Cochin seems to be even higher. Well, never made any analysis on this and was always assuming. My bad.
Old 10th September 2019, 15:35   #90
BHPian

I've driven 4000 kms as of now and finally got the opportunity to take it for a good highway ride too covering around 1000 kms, which included the Lucknow- Agra expressway and the Yamuna Expressway.

What impressed me most is its quiet ride and the super awesome suspension. The sound output from the system is one of the better ones in the market and ensured that i had a good relaxed drive. The car handled really well and returned an average of around 14.5-15 kmpl with full luggage and 2 occupants. The only issue I faced was the lack of grunt for overtaking which can bother a bit though it cruises at a leisurely 1800 or so RPM at 120, what's really funny though is that even at 140 the engine is spinning at around 1600-1800 RPM since its at around 135 that the final overdrive gear kicks in.

What is also pretty irritating over long highway drives is the continuous beep at 120 for the speed warning. I had to set the cruise control at 118 to ensure that it didn't start beeping as it starts beeping at 120 and continues till speeds drop below 115. The quiet cabin is the reason for the quiet beep becoming so obtrusive. The head light throw is a little less and the brightness is also a little low especially considering them to be LED lights and when comparing to my Fortuner's headlights there is no comparison at all.

The seats are super comfortable. Hats off to Honda for their spot on ergonomics! Mind blowing to say the least with the perfect amount of support and cushioning. I've driven and been driven in a lot of cars including Maybachs and the 7 series and while it'll be a stretch to compare them to the seats of these cars, I can safely say that they are definitely the best seats this side of 60 lacs and i'm comparing them to saloons in this price bracket. They are definitely better than seats of the X5 too at least the previous generation not the latest one since I haven't sat in the newest one yet.

Overall the drive has made it all the more clear that this is a car best to be driven around in, be it in the city or the highway.
rugsrags is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks