Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 07:52   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Still a great deal for a low usage self driven urban customer wanting a low TCO crossover which will last for 10+ years easily.
They seem to be pushing only the diesel. Many urban customers will prefer the petrol but they are not discounting that at all.

The diesel post discounts is cheaper than the petrol CVT.

If they had priced this at the current 5L discounts on offer, it would have sold many more from the beginning. Petrol at 24L ex-showroom would have got the on road just below 30L and would be an ideal option for urban buyer over Compass, Tucson and D1/D2 segment sedans.

The diesel is really tempting at the lower price but is also more flawed. The rear AC vents eat into headroom. The legroom is tad lesser and seats not as comfortable at the back. Then the reliability of the ZF9 and the mediocre performance from the 1.6L diesel.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:44   #107
BHPian

I wanted to post this message in this thread even though it was already in another query thread. I think it actually belongs here on the official thread, for the benefit of others.

My recent Diwali trip to Pune with my kids highlighted the importance of a 7 seater as there are times when my wife insists on taking even the maid with us. So after returning from the short trip, finally made up my mind to opt for the CRV AWD. I did take 3 test drives (within city) before putting my money on it. Frankly speaking, I couldn't fault the city drivability as it performed flawlessly in the Mumbai traffic, quickly closing traffic gaps and making brisk progress. Most of my driving is below 80kmph due to pathetic traffic and road conditions. Also the AWD will definitely come in handy on the rainy slush roads and trips to those elusive destinations. Did quite a lot of reading on 2018 model AWD tech and its a totally new and capable (mildly) system.

So finally booked it due to the on-going offers which cost me a sweet deal of 32 lakhs on road including add-ons. Got the stockyard PDI done and thereafter got the delivery last week.This was a recent Oct 2019 manufactured car as per the VIN. So far I am impressed with the premium-ness and the NVH levels.

Few observations during the first 300 Kms-

Pros -
- Premium, classy and understated. Inside out.
- Build and component quality is on par with 40 lakh segment.
- Gearbox is perfectly tuned and masks any on-paper power deficit brilliantly.
- Its a 7 seater SUV, diesel automatic and AWD. Jack of all trades, master of none? Has panoramic sunroof too. Yes, I have two kids, a 6 year and a 1 year old for the last row of seats.
- Ride quality is plush and body roll is negligible by SUV standards. Rear seat space is great. (Almost everyone in the family is less than 5'10'')
- Decent sound system and features.
- Top notch safety features and systems, what a family man (should) look for.
- Fantastic fuel economy. Getting 14 kmpl in the city. Even though this was a lower priority on the list, makes me feel good now. I think it will settle around 12-13 kmpl (in city) as I am still babying the engine in the running-in period.
- Perfect ingress/egress for everyone, especially kids/senior citizens.
- Honda's ownership, ASS and low service costs. Planning to take extended warranty for Rs. 42K during first service.
- Excellent offers at this time.

Cons -
- On-paper specs for 1.6 Diesel. Twin turbo would have been sweet. Then again, I may not have got these offers and wouldn't have made it on my list.
- Slight slow response time when shifting from 5th to 4th gear. I think that's the dog clutch at work there. You cant really tell unless you are looking for it. Haven't used the 8th and 9th gear yet, probably not in the running-in period.
- Little diesel noise creep around 1400rpm. Nothing alarming and can easily be drowned in the music sound. This is only audible at slow speeds.
- Light interiors, though they look great, will be pain to maintain especially with kids.
- Not really a negative, but road presence is average. Suits my personality to be honest, but maybe a downer for some.
- Missed on the buyback offer due to confusion at dealer's end.
- Uncertainty around diesel resale. I keep my cars for a really really long time, so again not a negative.

I am hoping to get a ownership thread, provided I get a reprieve from my hectic family schedule.

I am attaching a pic in the stockyard. Definitely getting to know each other more and more everyday.
Honda CR-V : Official Review-20191102_092656.jpg
TheCatalyst is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 06:30   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatalyst View Post
- Missed on the buyback offer due to confusion at dealer's end.
Attachment 1937211
How much was the buyback? At times, they pass on the buyback offer even without getting a car back. Wondering, why your dealer didn't do that.
Old 21st November 2019, 23:50   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
How much was the buyback? At times, they pass on the buyback offer even without getting a car back. Wondering, why your dealer didn't do that.

This is the official buyback offer available on the Honda India website. Attaching the screenshot. Its an option that Honda will buyback at about 17L after 3 years of ownership. Even though I keep my cars for a really long time, it would have been good to have this option in case of unforeseen circumstances.

Honda CR-V : Official Review-screenshot-20191121-233216.jpg

Giving this offer reduces the margin of the dealer since I was adamant of my budget, hence dealer excluded it. They gave a vague reason that this offer has been discontinued and website hasn't been updated. So I raised a query with Honda India directly and then after a few days dealer calls me to say that the offer can only be availed at the time of the booking and it will not be possible later. The handling of the whole incident (a long story) was the only negative experience I had in this transaction. Otherwise everything else was quite punctual and proactive. Also it became evident that Honda India is keeping a check on its dealers.
Old 12th July 2020, 12:12   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda CR-V face-lift launching in Thailand.

Quote:
Engine :

Gasoline 2.4 i-VTEC (Petrol)

4-cylinder i-VTEC DOHC petrol engine, in-line, 2.4-liter PGM-FI 2,356 cc. Cylinder x stroke: 87.0 x 99.1 mm, compression ratio 10.1: 1, maximum power 173 horsepower at 6,200 rpm, maximum torque 224 At 4,000 rpm, it is paired with an automatic CVT transmission. Available in both 2 wheel drive, FWD and 4 wheel drive. Real-time 4WD supports up to E85.

Diesel 1.6 i-DTEC Turbo (Diesel)

I-DTEC Commonrail 4-cylinder diesel engine, 1.6-liter in-line 1,597 cc, twin turbo cylinders x Stroke: 76.0 x 88.0 mm, compression ratio 16.0: 1, maximum power of 160 horsepower (PS) at 4,000 rpm Up to 350 Nm at 2,000 rpm.Match with 9-speed automatic transmission. ZF is available in both 2 wheel drive, FWD and 4 wheel drive. Real-time 4WD (comes with electric push button gear).
Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv_minorchange_banner_14july.jpg

Honda CR-V : Official Review-my20champfcvideo14002x2x.jpg

Honda CR-V : Official Review-my20champgalleryextthumbcrh2000414002x.jpg

Honda CR-V : Official Review-092020hondacrvhybrid.jpg

Name:  e6u11.png
Views: 3232
Size:  188.9 KB

Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv_interior_011.jpg

Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv_interior_013.jpg

Honda CR-V : Official Review-idtec9speedautomatictransmission.jpg

Link
Old 13th July 2020, 12:15   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda CR-V Face-lift launched in Thailand:

Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv_7seats_mc_price_banner_edit.jpg

Quote:
Engine :

Gasoline 2.4 i-VTEC (Petrol)

4-cylinder i-VTEC DOHC petrol engine, in-line, 2.4-liter PGM-FI 2,356 cc. Cylinder x stroke: 87.0 x 99.1 mm, compression ratio 10.1: 1, maximum power 173 horsepower at 6,200 rpm, maximum torque 224 At 4,000 rpm, it is paired with an automatic CVT transmission. Available in both 2 wheel drive, FWD and 4 wheel drive. Real-time 4WD supports up to E85.

Diesel 1.6 i-DTEC Turbo (Diesel)

I-DTEC Commonrail 4-cylinder diesel engine, 1.6-liter in-line 1,597 cc, twin turbo cylinders x Stroke: 76.0 x 88.0 mm, compression ratio 16.0: 1, maximum power of 160 horsepower (PS) at 4,000 rpm Up to 350 Nm at 2,000 rpm.Match with 9-speed automatic transmission. ZF is available in both 2 wheel drive, FWD and 4 wheel drive. Real-time 4WD (comes with electric push button gear).
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any information on crv production status? The dealers have no idea about the crv at all. Even the Honda website plays it down.
Curious to know if there are chances of bringing in the recent changes with the bs6 models and by when.
Old 10th August 2020, 14:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Do we have any information on crv production status? The dealers have no idea about the crv at all. Even the Honda website plays it down.
Curious to know if there are chances of bringing in the recent changes with the bs6 models and by when.
The CR-V is now available with a 1 month waiting period and is made to order. Both petrol & diesel variants are available & they’re both BS6.

Attaching the latest price list for Goa below.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CR-V : Official Review-78e6bc81a5d747bfb36785cb6dfcb9a2.png  

ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
The CR-V is now available with a 1 month waiting period and is made to order. Both petrol & diesel variants are available & they’re both BS6.

Attaching the latest price list for Goa below.
Thanks for sharing and that's an interesting information as Diesel was supposed to be discontinued.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...continued.html (Honda CR-V diesel discontinued)
Old 10th August 2020, 15:04   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Thanks for sharing and that's an interesting information as Diesel was supposed to be discontinued.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...continued.html (Honda CR-V diesel discontinued)
That was my initial reaction too. I had to ask specifically if the diesel was BS6 and got an affirmative reply. This dealership has a diesel test drive vehicle.
Old 12th September 2020, 12:48   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen Honda CR-V to be available in a plug-in hybrid version.

Name:  b.PNG
Views: 2160
Size:  479.4 KB

Source: BestCarWeb magazine:
Old 12th September 2020, 14:57   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

I find Honda’s obstinacy remarkable. They make the 1.6 twin turbo diesel in India. We are their manufacturing hub for this engine. But they refuse to launch it here.

They will live with negligible sales and bad word of mouth. They have a solution ready. They won’t do it. Ready fit on Civic as well as CRV. It just might double the little sales they are having. But oh no no. Seems Honda is still living in the 70s and 80s where Indians are not supposed to get the good stuff.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 15:06   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I find Honda’s obstinacy remarkable. They make the 1.6 twin turbo diesel in India. We are their manufacturing hub for this engine. But they refuse to launch it here.

Seems Honda is still living in the 70s and 80s where Indians are not supposed to get the good stuff.
Just like we are the export hub for so many models but we don't get the same build quality or features here for the same models.
sv97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 21:23   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The buzzer is actually not that disturbing, its quite soft. Especially on the highway with the road noise you cannot hear it in the back seat. Even in the front seat it's quite soft with all the background and music sounds.

Yes, the braking is indeed very good. FE as mentioned earlier with the CVT is very respectable. It delivers better FE than my previous gen Altis.
Running costs shouldn't be too high, it's a honda afterall. My altis just completed its 10 year service and it costed me 12k! Lexus first year service costed the same amount too!

My guesstimate is that if I keep the CRV for 7 years I will spend 1.5 to 2 lakhs maintenance
Hi Sahil,

Can you please shed some light on your experience with the CRV in the last 15 months? Also, when you say respectable FE, can you share actual figures you get in the city and highway with and without ECO mode. I am contemplating to buy the petrol over the Tucson just for sheer ride quality and the luxurious interiors. I am a sedate driver and based on your earlier post regarding the engine running out of breath at high speeds, I normally cruise at not more than 100-110kmph on the highway and hence do not see that as a deal breaker. Your inputs will be valuable.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:45   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Hi Sahil,

Can you please shed some light on your experience with the CRV in the last 15 months? Also, when you say respectable FE, can you share actual figures you get in the city and highway with and without ECO mode. I am contemplating to buy the petrol over the Tucson just for sheer ride quality and the luxurious interiors. I am a sedate driver and based on your earlier post regarding the engine running out of breath at high speeds, I normally cruise at not more than 100-110kmph on the highway and hence do not see that as a deal breaker. Your inputs will be valuable.
The car is doing great. Like any Honda, its been stress free ownership. The FE is around 7-8kmpl. However this is purely city runs and mainly short distances as the car runs a lot of errands around the neighbourhood. I haven't tested the difference in FE between ECO and non ECO but I am guessing like most cars, it would be marginal.

For sedate drivers as well as chauffeur driven cars there is no better option in this price segment if you are looking for comfort, space and reliability. The only other car worth considering is a sedan- the skoda superb. In terms of comfort I would always pick a sedan over a SUV but not in this case as the suspension setup of the CRV is a lot plusher than the harder setup on the Superb.

What deals are currently on the CRV? I am sure Nov, Dec and Jan will have great offers as the CRV is a slow seller plus recession pressure would make it a good time to buy.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks