Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 15:20   #136
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Official Review

So upon receiving further information I am back to share with whoever is interested. New CRV facelift is due at any moment. It is suspected to be launched in next week around Navratri. The changes that are coming are front and rear bumper change along with front grille change to what the USA model looks like. Rear lights will be darkened like city, remote boot release and closing through button like premium cars, also passenger seat will come with power seat, and also will come with standard front parking sensor and active cornering lights.

I will miss the hybrid wish they had included that but I hope prices don’t go up.
M00M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 15:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
So upon receiving further information I am back to share with whoever is interested. New CRV facelift is due at any moment. It is suspected to be launched in next week around Navratri. The changes that are coming are front and rear bumper change along with front grille change to what the USA model looks like. Rear lights will be darkened like city, remote boot release and closing through button like premium cars, also passenger seat will come with power seat, and also will come with standard front parking sensor and active cornering lights.

I will miss the hybrid wish they had included that but I hope prices don’t go up.
Sweet. This with an additional price cut(not rise ) will do magic with sales (If at all Honda is interested in that aspect for CRV)

Yea, Hybrid won't come in as Accord etc failed miserably wrto pricing
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 22:12   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Sweet. This with an additional price cut(not rise ) will do magic with sales (If at all Honda is interested in that aspect for CRV)

Yea, Hybrid won't come in as Accord etc failed miserably wrto pricing
Dealer expecting price cut but then he is not the final authority considering new features coming in.

Hybrid via accord CBU cannot be compared and it was overpriced, I think CRV hybrid at 32-33 lac would be a runaway success.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Dealer expecting price cut but then he is not the final authority considering new features coming in.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Just read a news article saying that there will be a cheaper variant of CR-V planned for India starting around 22 lakh.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-hon...nd-rs-21-lakh/
Thoughts? Interesting news about the diesel being expected to make a comeback too..
Old 15th October 2020, 11:41   #140
BHPian

Diesel CRV not making any comeback .
Old 17th October 2020, 07:07   #141
BHPian

Pune dealers are in denial mode for the new model launch. I think we have to wait and watch.
Old 17th October 2020, 12:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Do they have a turbo-petrol version in any market? Turbo-petrol 5+2 seater with AWD and the traditional AT, priced below 40 lakhs on-road can definitely find some takers (over the Tiguan Allspace and the upcoming petrol Kodiaq). If not, they should simply launch the NA 5+2 seater version with AWD.
Old 18th October 2020, 00:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda CR-V Face-lift launched in Thailand:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Do they have a turbo-petrol version in any market?
Honda Malaysia has opened bookings for the facelift CRV. And it does comes with the 1.5 L Turbo!
According to the Honda official MY website, bookings are open.

Honda CR-V : Official Review-crv.png
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 23:05   #144
BHPian

Just saw this video about modern honda engine issues. Has anyone faced anything like this?

magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 23:22   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Just saw this video about modern honda engine issues. Has anyone faced anything like this?
This is only applicable to the 1.5 turbo petrol engine sold in western markets. The problem manifests itself when the car is frequently driven for very short distances only and in very cold weather. Changing engine oils are regular intervals seems to alleviate the problem though.

Indian market does not get this engine. We get the 2.0 NA engine which is quite reliable.
TheCatalyst is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 01:26   #146

Quote:
Honda Malaysia has opened bookings for the facelift CRV. And it does comes with the 1.5 L Turbo!
Attachment 2069228
I spoke to several Honda dealers in Gurgaon as I was interested in the car and they all mentioned that the model is coming soon and dealer training has already happened. However, as per the people I spoke to, there are no major changes (like engine etc.). This is mostly a cosmetic update with some changes to interior/infotainment.
absingh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:46   #147
BHPian

Got confirmation from Pune dealer that new model is coming.

No major changes and few feature additions
1) Hands-free power tailgate
2) Door mirrors auto-retractable
3) 4-way power front passenger seat
4) Front parking sensors
5) Active cornering light
6) New bumpers

Nothing groundbreaking, but if they price this correctly it might fly.
hrishig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 00:59   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Got confirmation from Pune dealer that new model is coming.

No major changes and few feature additions
1) Hands-free power tailgate
2) Door mirrors auto-retractable
3) 4-way power front passenger seat
4) Front parking sensors
5) Active cornering light
6) New bumpers

Nothing groundbreaking, but if they price this correctly it might fly.
Yes i mentioned this earlier. They are expecting prices to reduce slightly but i wonder lets hope so and the CRV is launching in November.
Old 22nd October 2020, 12:57   #149
Senior - BHPian

Honda CR-V Special Edition will soon go on sale in India, and it will also be a limited-run model. Prices for the limited-edition CR-V start at Rs 29.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) – about Rs 1.23 lakh higher than the current CR-V. CR-V Special Edition's styling will be based on the CR-V facelift sold overseas. Only 45 units will be available for sale.

Quote:
For India, the facelifted car, which will come here as a special edition, will continue using the 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine from the current model. This unit is good for 154hp and 189Nm of torque and it comes paired with a CVT gearbox as standard.

Being a special-edition model, the SUV is also expected to get additional equipment and cosmetic elements. As per our sources, the special-edition models will get kit such as a hands-free tailgate, powered front passenger seat, active cornering LED headlamps, front parking sensors and auto fold wing mirrors. The SUV will also come fitted with cosmetic accessories such as running boards and illuminated door sills.
Honda CR-V : Official Review-smartselect_20201022125559_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...50-lakh-418978

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd October 2020 at 13:03.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:33   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Only 45 units will be available for sale.
Limited run! I dont get what Honda India is doing with the CRV. They are totally confused, how can a facelift be a limited run? Shouldnt they just switch over to this rather than sell the pre facelift side by side. Or is their plan to just sell 45 and discontinue the CRV? They might as well do that than have such a poor strategy
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks