Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-39.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4684551)
Does Jeep Compass and Hector have DPF in its current avatar or shall be introduced with the BS-6 versions?

Compass Trailhawk - Yes
Hector - probably No

I'm not sure if the Mjd2.0 is BSIV compliant without a DPF. Need to check.

However, DPF is a component in the exhaust system, not the engine. More in line with the cat-con.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4684554)
However, DPF is a component in the exhaust system, not the engine. More in line with the cat-con.

Extremely layperson question - what does DPF do? benefits/advantages/disadvantages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutsy (Post 4684557)
Extremely layperson question - what does DPF do? benefits/advantages/disadvantages?

Diesel Particulate Filter. It is responsoble to catch the particulate matter - primarily the black soot that diesels blow and we see as "smoke".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4684554)

Although DPF is in the exhaust system, the regeneration process does involve the engine to run in a different state of tune for a while periodically; another fuel map for this process may be? Not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4684569)
Although DPF is in the exhaust system, the regeneration process does involve the engine to run in a different state of tune for a while periodically; another fuel map for this process may be? Not sure.

It depends on what type of DPF is used actually. Some cars simply have a disposable DPF. I think Ford 1.5 TDCi used a DPF like that in the 1st gen Figo. They are basically like vacuum cleaner bags :D. They filter & accumulate the soot/ash. Once they are "full" - they are to be removed & replaced with a new one. Generally a part of a routine service schedule in such cars.

Others (more modern for latest emission norms) use catalyst based DPFs. These are the ones we'll see using the now well known "AdBlu". Its far more complicated, still a part of the exhaust system. The DPF uses the catalyst to actually heat & burn the soot further. Like you said - some engines use an extra map used selectively for higher revving & direct fuel injection into exhaust to react with the catalyst & burn the soot. This gets triggered when the system senses the DPF to be full & needing a burn.

Ah and then there are the metal-fiber-mesh types. They don't need any fuel or engine map but an electric connection. They simply heat up red & burn the residue.

Harrier is now available with a discount of Rs 65000/-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-NZvSFyC0

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4685313)
Harrier is now available with a discount of Rs 65000/-

This has been there for quite a while- INR 50,000 Exchange Bonus and "Upto" INR 15,000 of Corporate Discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by igniteddriver (Post 4683239)
Doesnt look like this is the case, I may be wrong too. After seeing the unit in my car, a person working for Harman confirmed performing various testing for this device. The moment she saw the unit in my car, she asked me "Isn't it a Harman system" and said that her team had done extensive testing of it. Leaves me confused.

Just confirmed from my sources that the system in the Harrier is completely Visteon and as mentioned earlier, the earliest prototypes of the Harrier were running the Harman system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast_within (Post 4685482)
This has been there for quite a while- INR 50,000 Exchange Bonus and "Upto" INR 15,000 of Corporate Discount.

Most likely trying to clear BSIV stock

Just got the infotainment updated with version 11.
It is not officially released by Tata Motors. I have got it from an engineer working with Harman.
It shall be released officially in 2-3 months.
I must say now the infotainment is glitch free except for voice command calling.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20191105_192513.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswami4 (Post 4687710)
It is not officially released by Tata Motors. I have got it from an engineer working with Harman.

Good to hear that the update has made it glitch-free. However, one question: Did this engineer have permission to hand it out to an outside person ? If he did not, you may have jeopardized him, esp by sharing this in public.

Quote:

Did this engineer have permission to hand it out to an outside person ? If he did not, you may have jeopardized him, esp by sharing this in public.
Yes, He did take the permission from his seniors.
I think it is beneficial to them since they get a direct feedback of an end user

Anyone having slightest steering vibrations during braking on mild press of pedals, please get them checked.
I had this problem and the service center replaced my discs free of cost under warranty

Quote:

Certain sources at the dealer level have conveyed to us that Tata Motors is expected to launch the Tata Harrier SUV with an automatic transmission by February next year. There is also expect to be a variant rejig which will bring new features like a sunroof. We think this version could debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, where the brand is also expected to showcase the seven-seater version of the Harrier. A Rs 1 lakh premium over the manual version can be expected for the automatic.
Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram87pune (Post 4685528)
Just confirmed from my sources that the system in the Harrier is completely Visteon and as mentioned earlier, the earliest prototypes of the Harrier were running the Harman system.

The infotainment system in the Harrier is Visteon. The system has been tuned by JBL. Even the earliest ads (so far as I know) have stated as much. I for one, do not recollect any statement claiming Harman ICE in the Harrier.

Having said that, I too have faced issues with the ICE and apparently a replacement of the "Silver Box" has solved problems for the first lot of Harriers. (mine is from those). I am still pursuing Tata dealership for a follow up on my car.

On the same note, i recently did a run from Ahmedabad to Bhilai and back. Managed to achieve a good FE figure on the highway at 21.1 kmpl:D

I haven't seen this fella before ?
Looks cool from this angleclap: