Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-51.html)

clap:Tata Harrier Automatic teased..clap:
https://youtu.be/r-0GqUTQ1Oo

Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 4738394)

Eagerly awaited face lift. As highlighted in the TBHP official review, Harrier does have the potential to become a "Great SUV". Consolidating the wish list -
  1. Sunroof - Confirmed
  2. AT - Confirmed
  3. 170 BHP Update - Highly Likely
  4. New Steering - No news yet. (That horn pad looks out of place in the classy Harrier interior)
  5. Connected Car Features - Highly Likely
  6. Sort Out Niggles/Rough Edges - Possible.

Bonus - That gorgeous RED shade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 4738394)

Amazing News!!

This is the Harrier that should have already happened. But better late than never! They better go out all guns blazing.

That brilliant Red theme is striking! clap:

That AT gear lever looks a little tacky, tho it's a little too early to make any assumption.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20200126_161548.jpg

Panoramic Sunroof teased as well clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee (Post 4738740)

Link to the teaser video.
https://youtu.be/2kwROL5DW1M

Any idea when do the bookings commence? I'm already sold! :)

I seriously hope these features makes it to the BS6 version:

1) Rear Disk Brakes.
2) Power bump to 170PS.
3) 18 inch wheels.
4) New steering wheel like the one in Altroz.
5) LED headlights and fog lamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carenthusiast (Post 4738836)
I seriously hope these features makes it to the BS6 version:

1) Rear Disk Brakes.
2) Power bump to 170PS.
3) 18 inch wheels.
4) New steering wheel like the one in Altroz.
5) LED headlights and fog lamps.

I'm fairly sure that the 170PS power bump is now confirmed for the BS6 iteration of this engine.

Completely agree on the steering wheel, the horn pad looks dated and out of place! The Altroz steering looks much more classy.

Add another feature to your wish list - smaller ORVMs!

Tata Harrier AT interior spied

Thanks to moderator moralfibre for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrierat2.jpg

A test mule of the Tata Harrier equipped with an automatic gearbox has been spotted at Nipani.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrierat3.jpg

According to the spy images, the Harrier AT is likely to get a similar gear knob to the manual variant. The gear knob has silver detailing instead of the shift pattern graphic. The SUV has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel, a touchscreen infotainment head-unit and glossy black dashboard trim. It also has the circular drive mode selector and the pull-type hand brake.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrierat4.jpg

The Harrier AT has light brown upholstery. The seats have adjustable lumbar support. The car also gets front and rear centre arm rests. The test mule was also sporting new dual-tone alloy wheels.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-harrierat1.jpg

At present, the Harrier is offered with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine. This engine produces 138 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm and is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Maybe it's just me but the picture of the test mule shows smaller orvms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4739328)
Tata Harrier AT interior spied

Thanks to moderator moralfibre for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Long awaited news! Tata failed to read the market on this one and rushed it without AT.

On a related but different note, have the initial problems reported by team-bhp on the Harrier been sorted out with the newer cars?

Quick reference from the official review by Aditya:

"The niggles faced by us include the terrain response system going dead + engine modes not being selectable + ESP & hill-hold disabled, a malfunctioning smartkey (wouldn't open the tailgate), ICE head-unit going dead, speakers randomly going kaput, the MID clock getting stuck @ 11:38, steering-mounted button getting stuck, speedometer needle resting between 4 - 10 km/h (instead of 0 km/h), ORVMs not unfolding when the car was unlocked & engine started, a terribly unsorted steering at speed and some miscellaneous others"

I was very interested in booking the Harrier, but reading these problems made me postpone my decision.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilsoft (Post 4739341)
Maybe it's just me but the picture of the test mule shows smaller orvms.

Based on feedback the ORVM's were too large and had a huge blindspot that was literally scary and dangerous. They have fixed that in this update.

Sad to see Harrier gets the same terrible handbrake but the Gravitas scoop had electronic handbrake button.

Also the wheels seem same 17 inchers as someone mentioned earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridharj77 (Post 4739348)

I was very interested in booking the Harrier, but reading these problems made me postpone my decision.

Quoting from Jattitude's ownership thread on his harrier :- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...arrier-xz.html

Quote:

I had read in multiple forums that the Harriers manufactured post-July 2019 were a lot different and better when compared to the ones prior to July 2019.

During the last week of September 2019, we were offered a test drive of a Dark Harrier from the August 2019 batch and yes, the difference was apparent immediately. The rolling in the back seat was negligible and only on slow speeds. Steering was well-weighted at high speeds, but not Jeep/ Linea good. The gearbox is a bit notchy, but again way better than that on my Duster. Tata will be well served to launch an Auto gearbox soon. The clutch was much lighter than what my Duster had ever offered. The ride quality on the highway is impressive. It is a big car. The infotainment system did not act up during the test drives.

The other test mules spotted with the Harrier AT today. Looks like they were in for a long run. Most of the folks at the lunch table appeared like senior folks from Tata motors doing a final round of road test.

Tata Harrier : Official Review-532c4053a3f34c97a1b236de7ffd8d81.jpeg