Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 18:04   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

The most telling thing about the last pic - your car is probably the most modified XL6 in India, but it still looks stock to the layperson. And the traffic police.

Good choice by your relative.
Now you just have to hope that he will let you play with his car too.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 18:08   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Now you just have to hope that he will let you play with his car too.
It must be the other way around. His relative should be hoping that Shashi does those useful modjobs on his car too
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 20:56   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It must be the other way around. His relative should be hoping that Shashi does those useful modjobs on his car too
Actually he bought this XL6 on condition that I'll connect him with my mechanic Arjun for replicating some of the mods. As of now, these are the planned ones, immediately after delivery:

1. Damping and Sound Insulation
2. Horn change to Hella Trumpet
3. Camera unit from Alpha(not MGA)
4. Engine Guard
5. Getting 5th Alloy, and he may swap his tyres to Michelin, subject to availability of fresh tyres.
6. TPMS
7. Dashcam

He didn't like the stock insulation of XL6 at all during TD and this purchase happened only after we decided to replicate the setup I have on his car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 02:02   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guess what, even in our extended family we welcomed a Magma Grey Zeta Automatic. The intended user shuffled his choice between XL6 Zeta MT, Innova Crysta GX AT before finally going for the Zeta AT.
Congratulations to your cousin on purchasing the XL6 and I'm quite surprised that a long time Toyota user is getting a Maruti and that too an XL6.

And, glad that your cousin too bought a same colour XL6 as yours.

Now, waiting for ours to come, which will take some time due to lack of availability.

TBH, your review is the main reason why we had selected XL6 over Brezza, S-Cross and Ertiga, which my grandfather preferred before booking XL6 and in fact, he had booked both and now he is cancelling the bookings of Brezza and Ertiga as he had booked these cars in Hyderabad.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 11:38   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Congratulations to your cousin on purchasing the XL6 and I'm quite surprised that a long time Toyota user is getting a Maruti and that too an XL6.
True. In his opinion, Maruti has been a very stingy company in terms of quality etc. Stingy is a very gentle word, he actually calls them something much worse, which I cannot post on a public forum . The only Maruti he prefers is WagonR, nothing else. His mantra was to spend more but get a quality product and then forget about it for 10 years. All his Toyotas baring the Crysta fits the description perfectly. Crysta, specially in BS6 guise needs regular attention, he has seen a couple of breakdowns, and the cabin is also not as rock solid as it used to be earlier, for example, his dicky makes a cheap kat kat sound from hinge area every time its lifted, seats vibrate when not occupied, dashboard rattles etc. Then service bills in his case have been quite lavish, with all useless things thrown in by the dealer. His car also had some alignment issue right from day of delivery which was rectified in aftermarket since dealer couldn't solve it.

His logic was, if one has to face these things then how is Toyota different from Maruti? Thus he chose to save money, and opt for XL6 which was 11 lacs cheaper than the Automatic Crysta he was eyeing. He also monitored my ownership experience very closely, has driven my car on multiple occasions and thus has taken an informed decision I'd say.

Quote:

And, glad that your cousin too bought a same colour XL6 as yours.
His first option was White, but this was the only option available readily. I'm not happy about the car being 5 months old, and thus I'll be visiting the yard later today, to check a few more things which got captured in pics but I somehow missed them on spot. If all goes well, delivery will be done by evening.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 12:31   #336
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Guess what, even in our extended family we welcomed a Magma Grey Zeta Automatic. The intended user shuffled his choice between XL6 Zeta MT, Innova Crysta GX AT before finally going for the Zeta AT.

Color choice: He always prefers White but this was the only shade available.

Why Automatic: He liked the Autobox, isn't as bad as it's presented in reviews, and being automatic, his better half would be able to drive it as well.
Congratulations to your relative for acquiring a very VFM product. I have gone hoarse telling people that Zeta AT is the go to variant if you are going for the XL6 as it exemplifies everything the XL6 stands for - convenience, comfort and value. Our XL6 Automatic has done close to 30k kms in the 20 months since we brought it home. Never found it lacking irrespective of the conditions it was driven in. And the 20+kmpl FE at 80-90kmph on the highways is just an added bonus.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 25th December 2021 at 12:33.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 19:36   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not happy about the car being 5 months old, and thus I'll be visiting the yard later today, to check a few more things which got captured in pics but I somehow missed them on spot. If all goes well, delivery will be done by evening.
Had a detailed look at the car today, found out some issues, one was beyond the capabilities of the folks there, so had to involve showroom owner in that, who happens to be my school time friend and thus he got it solved within few minutes.

Finally gave the green light and delivery is going on.

A pic:

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211225_152338.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 13:53   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
...I have gone hoarse telling people that Zeta AT is the go to variant if you are going for the XL6 as it exemplifies everything the XL6 stands for - convenience, comfort and value..
I sure have taken your advice seriously ; this Artic Lady came home on 29th Dec - and yes, Zeta AT it is!

More details and user experience will follow in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211229_1803452.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211230_1523282.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211230_1524082.jpg  

Jammy70 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 17:45   #339
BHPian

Firstly, starting with a massive thanks to Leoshashi, Procrj and a few more who have shared great details about XL6. Finally I bought my XL6 in Alpha Automatic in Magma Grey colour.

I was having a Celerio VXi AT which had completed 75k in odometer. It was a great car and served me very well for about 6 years. As kids starting growing the need for bigger car was always on my mind. My idea was to buy a car with bench seat, however compromised with XL6 somehow because it fitted my needs and budget in other aspects.

Booked on 9th Oct 2021 and car was delivered on 31st Oct 2021. A few days before delivery, I was allowed to do a PDI. Car was booked via Bimal Nexa in Mahadevapura. Great booking and delivery experience. Celerio was from Pratham and serviced 90% of the times from Pratham. I again called Pratham first and their exchange value compared to Bimal was very less and also they were less professional than Bimal. So this time I decided to go with Bimal and so far so good.

Currently with 1400kms on the odo and first service done at about 890kms.

Pros
Smooth drive, less body roll, good visibility

Cons
Tank capacity of 45 liters seems less, no floor mats as standard accessories on a top end model, arm rest not very practical, no light in boot area

Accessories added
Full floor mat, Rain Visors, Blaupunkt Inflator(JC Road - yet to test), Puncture kit(Flipkart), small accessories like Door Scratch guard, door handle guard.

Further looking to add a simple and usable floor mat which can be dusted and cleaned easily for daily use. Trying to get a similar one that was on my Celerio which is transparent and easy to clean and use. Searched a couple of shops in JC road, but couldn't find one yet.

Have read the upgrade on front fog lamps by Leoshashi with Valeo and thinking to replace the same. Not yet tested on nightdrives with stock LED fog lamps though.

Thanks to Team-bhp which is always a great place for everything in and around automobile and beyond.
sunsivj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 08:42   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Got to know that my maternal grandparents had booked the XL6 Zeta AT in Magma grey colour on Saturday at a Nexa dealer in Warangal, which is 150 Kms away from Hyderabad.
Update: Got the car delivered on Dec 31st evening and post delivery, i.e, next day, my grandparents came to Hyderabad from Warangal in their XL6. When I asked my grandfather about the car, he said, the car is comfortable enough over the Dzire and as per him, he got impressed with rear seat space.

But, he had a bad experience with the dealer, who sold him the car. But that's the another story, which I'll elaborate it later when I get the chance to see the car.
Old 5th January 2022, 19:22   #341
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsivj View Post

Cons
Tank capacity of 45 liters seems less, no floor mats as standard accessories on a top end model, arm rest not very practical, no light in boot area

About the fuel tank capacity. While I agree that the 45L tank can seem to be a bit small for what is essentially a touring vehicle (the SX4 had a 50L tank way back in 2007), I have observed with my XL6 Automatic that a sedate driving style will easily give you over 700km of range.

I recently completed a road trip from Udaipur to Delhi in a single tank of fuel with 6-7L of fuel still left in the car (the car took over 37L of fuel in after the trip). The speeds were in the range of 85-110kmph (the triple digit speeds were limited to the Rajasthan stretch because the Gurgaon-Jaipur stretch falling in Haryana is easily among the worst multi-laned highways in this country) and I used smooth acceleration to bring the vehicle back to cruising speeds and rarely gunned the engine . In this scenario, the car delivered close to 19kmpl with 4 hefty adults and matching baggage despite the atrocious traffic and road conditions on the NH 48 in Haryana. Climate control was set to 23℃ throughout the trip.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 12:47   #342
BHPian

Some minor updates to the XL6
  • Bought a new roof box from THULE, the volume is 410 Liters and can accommodate larger bags. The capacity is 75kg but I limit it to under 40 as the roof bars max capacity is 50kgs. It gobbles up many small bags that are light, freeing up space inside the car.
  • Swapped the black wheels to grey from a dealer in Bombay. I think the grey wheels look much better than the black and help break that black wheel arch and black wheel heavyness, that made the wheels look smaller.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_8894.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_9127.jpg  

lionell is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 20:22   #343
BHPian

Got a chance to see my maternal grandparents’ XL6 Zeta AT yesterday and I must say, I was impressed with the comfort the car has, thanks to captain seats.

I’m yet to drive this car but my grandfather doesn’t let me drive his car��

The accessories he got from showroom were:

1. Rear spoiler
2. Chrome on tail lamp, window door beadings
3. Seat covers, which I felt okayish when compared to stock leather seats of Alpha variant
4. Reverse camera
5. Chrome side door protectors
6. Door side visors

Signing off with the pics, which I took along with our Honda City.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-3582b1667dad4b2aaecdb2e4512e05b1.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-27dbca127cb94af3a4b698ddaa6fdae0.jpeg  

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 7th January 2022 at 20:24.
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 22:04   #344

I upgraded to 16inches diamond cut alloys from MKA (Minda). They are 7J rims. Tyre size is 195/60 R16 Yokohama Earth one. Handling has improved a lot and now XL6 looks like an imported highend car.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7764.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7766.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7783.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7741.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7753.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7760.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7761.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7763.jpg

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this....

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2022 at 22:07.
balajo is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 11:19   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajo View Post
I upgraded to 16inches diamond cut alloys from MKA (Minda). They are 7J rims. Tyre size is 195/60 R16 Yokohama Earth one
Congratulations, it looks amazing. Did you change all 5 wheels or just 4? Does this 7J wheel fit in the spare wheel cradle easily?

My 195/65R15s on stock 5.5J rims are a tight fit in the cradle, thus would like to know your view on this.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks