Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 11:34   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Not sure what happened here - aftermarket fitments or something else. Incident happened at Vadodara, Gujarat.
Dealership = Amar Cars.

Hiren shares about their 7-month old XL6 Alpha suddenly catching fire while on slow speeds of around 10 kmph on Twitter:

Again, I sincerely hope this is a one-off.

Here is something interesting - Fire hazard of lithium-ion battery the reason

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le30195851.ece
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 15:10   #197
BHPian

Touring times will begin soon. In preparation the roof bars have been setup, awaiting the newly wrapped (gloss black) roof box.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_7319.jpg

The roof-bars are BnB brand from Taiwan. Bought them from a bicycling website Cyclop

Burnt my fingers with another purchase (a return of which they hopefully accept) of 120cm bars. These didn't fit the XL6 as the sizes of the rails aren't uniform. They are over 120cm in the middle and taper inwards towards the back.

The BnB roof bars are 150cm and they jut out a bit. The finish of these bars and the quick install mechanism means they can be set up in 20mins flat. Some pointers:

- Bars are sturdy and fully aluminium - Made in Taiwan and Designed in the USA.
- Completely enclosed channel bottom and sturdy rubber slip on for the top unlike other bars, so wind whistling will be contained to a huge extent.
- Bar ends are finished with a plastic cap which is screwed for additional safety.
- Lockable quick install mechanism means theft won't be easy.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_7323.jpg

Will post more details after installing the roof box.

Last edited by lionell : 15th September 2020 at 15:17. Reason: Additional info.
lionell is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 15:27   #198
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
The BnB roof bars are 150cm and they jut out a bit. The finish of these bars and the quick install mechanism means they can be set up in 20mins flat. Some pointers:

- Bars are sturdy and fully aluminium - Made in Taiwan and Designed in the USA.
- Completely enclosed channel bottom and sturdy rubber slip on for the top unlike other bars, so wind whistling will be contained to a huge extent.
- Bar ends are finished with a plastic cap which is screwed for additional safety.
- Lockable quick install mechanism means theft won't be easy.
Are you using the same box from the Polo or did you get something new for the XL6?

BnB is a nice option after Thule. They just don't have a very comprehensive catalog of its roof bars and support feet.

Will be waiting for your update.
Old 15th September 2020, 15:41   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Are you using the same box from the Polo or did you get something new for the XL6?
Same box from the Polo. Its quite adequate at 420Ltrs anything bigger is unwarranted
Old 20th September 2020, 19:15   #200
BHPian

Hybrid Ceramic (UNCR) coating for my 1 year old XL6

I have always been wanting to get ceramic coating done for my car for quite some time, but have been putting it off either because of the cost or was worried about it being done properly. Recently I have had to regularly park my car under a tree which throws off a lot of sap, and it was getting really difficult to clear that off. Heard that ceramic coating would reduce the adhering properties of tree sap and insect debris, and decided to give that a try.

Vendor Selection
Going through the forum saw that there were quite a lot of positive comments on Ultimate Detailerz, and since I had the paint sealant done on my Ciaz a few years ago from them gave a call to them. The outlet closer to home was unfortunately closed due to lack of business during these pandemic days and I called the Kaggadasapura branch. I made a tentative appointment for the coming Saturday, but was slightly put off since they wanted an advance to confirm the booking. Well I am sure everyone has
their own business practices. The search continued, and one of my friends told me about ReflectON Automotive, also in Kaggadasapura. Talked to them and was given details on both coatings they do. Fixed up a day to go and see the place and was happy to be received by Sandesh. I maybe finicky, but I always feel very reassured when the owner itself is present. We talked and I opted for the hybrid coating. The best part of the whole thing was that Sandesh was ready to drop my vehicle once the work is complete. This was
the icing on the cake and I left my car there.
Address of the place - ReflectON Automotive
Address: 14/2, 10th cross, Krishna Reddy Road, Kondappa Layout Kaggadasapura, Post, C V Raman Nagar, Bengaluru,
Karnataka 560093

Coating Details
So what is Max Protect UNCR. This is what I could gather from a few sources - UNCR is a Permanent Nano Rubber Coating that cures into a Rubber Membrane thereby resisting micro swirl build up and add unmatched depth and gloss. UNC-R is the world’s first Nano Coating that turns into a Rubber Membrane when cured in room temperature. This flexible nature enables the finish to be ultra-resistant to wash swirl mark build-up* and does not suffer from water staining like some ceramic coatings do. ReflectON Automotive is an authorized applicator and training facility for Maxprotect in South India.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves (taken with mobile phone), but the car now looks better than when I got it from the showroom. I will keep updating this post on the water beading and minor
scratch resistant properties of this treatment, but for now I am one happy customer.

Moderators - If this is wrong section for the post, kindly move to the right place.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-5.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-4.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-6.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-7.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-8.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-3.jpeg  

sparks4077 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:11   #201
BHPian

Dear owners, can someone please shed some light on real life mileage of manual XL6? I did search this thread but could not find a concrete figure.

Thanks to the current COVID situation, our family realised the importance of a people mover. The car, if purchased will be a highway cruiser and will be driven between 80-100kmph. If the highway mileage is around 16-17 Kmpl, we might finalise on one. Wish Maruti brings the 1.5 DDIS in it’s BS6 avatar soon!
Old 26th October 2020, 03:17   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Brezza's PCD very much match XL6s. The only issue I see is 6.5J rims which may be a bit too wide for the XL6's wheel well. I was in a similar situation as you, and had the option of upgrading to 16 inch wheels(S Cross Or Brezza). But I opted for ride quality over looks/handling.

Leaving you with some pics of XL6s with Brezza's MGA alloys(6J) and S Cross' diamond cut ones(6.5J)

Attachment 2044796

Attachment 2044797

Attachment 2044798

Regards,
Shashi
The S-Cross alloys look better than stock alloys in my view.

I am seriously considering the XL6.

Will the dealer be willing to exchange the stock alloys with S-Cross alloys? Can anyone provide a ballpark figure on how much the dealer would charge per alloy wheel that is exchanged.

Will the S-Cross alloy wheel fit into the spare wheel carrier of XL6?

If I go with the 6.5J alloys of S-Cross - what would be the recommended tyre size for upgrade? Especially if I am keen on 205 width tires.
Old 26th October 2020, 03:34   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Will the dealer be willing to exchange the stock alloys with S-Cross alloys? Can anyone provide a ballpark figure on how much the dealer would charge per alloy wheel that is exchanged.
Depends on your dealer. My dealer denied straightaway, while the other dealer offered me their landing cost, somewhere around Rs. 4800. Also, do give Brezza Petrol's alloy a thought, looks better IMO(entirely personal thought).

Quote:
Will the S-Cross alloy wheel fit into the spare wheel carrier of XL6?
No! Have tried and failed. One of the many reasons I avoided this mod. Forget S Cross alloys which are 6.5J. Even the stock alloys(5.5J) with 195 section rubber is a tight fit.

Quote:
If I go with the 6.5J alloys of S-Cross - what would be the recommended tyre size for upgrade? Especially if I am keen on 205 width tires
Go for 205/55R16.

Leaving you with a pic of the XL6's side profile with S Cross alloys:

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-121664781_10158101743303621_7756349917260986379_n.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 26th October 2020 at 03:35.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 07:36   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Dear owners, can someone please shed some light on real life mileage of manual XL6? I did search this thread but could not find a concrete figure.
I do have 2019 Ertiga which has done 10000 km and share the same 1.5 l engine. Overall mileage I got so far is 14.8 km/l. In highway drive, I used to get around 16kmpl. Please note that highways here in Kerala are pretty congested than most of other states. However I noticed that the mileage drops once I cross 85 kmph.
sreejithkk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:10   #205
BHPian

I have a 2019 Ertiga with same 1.5L Petrol gives around 16 KMPL in highway when driven around 90-100 KMPH.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:22   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I do have 2019 Ertiga which has done 10000 km and share the same 1.5 l engine. Overall mileage I got so far is 14.8 km/l. In highway drive, I used to get around 16kmpl. Please note that highways here in Kerala are pretty congested than most of other states. However I noticed that the mileage drops once I cross 85 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have a 2019 Ertiga with same 1.5L Petrol gives around 16 KMPL in highway when driven around 90-100 KMPH.
Thank you sreejithkk and blorebuddy. An average of 15 kmpl for a car this size looks good for me.

We did check out the XL6 and the Ertiga. I am sold for the XL6, dad says seating arrangement in the Ertiga seems more practical. I guess it will still take some time convincing him.
Old 6th November 2020, 15:30   #207
BHPian

Very informative thread. I am just thinking what are the major differentiators between

Ertiga ZXi + which is at 9.71L ex showroom and
XL6 Zeta which is at 9.84L ex showroom

Body Cladding, LED head lamps, Roof Rail, Black interiors, Captain Seats, Cruise Control are the big differences in XL6 Zeta

7 seater, Rear Camera, Leather wrapped Steering wheel are the differences in Ertiga ZXI+

But, the price difference is not so much as I thought equivalent Ertiga should be much cheaper. Am I missing some big feature which is available in the above model of Ertiga vis a vis Zeta XL6 ? Thought of asking here.

Please assist.

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 6th November 2020 at 15:33.
Old 7th November 2020, 15:32   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Very informative thread. I am just thinking what are the major differentiators between

Ertiga ZXi + which is at 9.71L ex showroom and
XL6 Zeta which is at 9.84L ex showroom

Body Cladding, LED head lamps, Roof Rail, Black interiors, Captain Seats, Cruise Control are the big differences in XL6 Zeta

Swami
Having driven Toyota Sienna in US, my wife says the captain seats at the back is very comfortable for long journeys and it is a true luxury. With XL6 you get that in the middle row at a affordable price range. Any day I would pick up a car with captain seat though I never got the opportunity to sit in my car in US. Here in India, where driver is more affordable I would be happy to buy a car with captain seats and would like to enjoy the comfort on my temple trips when we usually hire a driver. If your family needs these comfort go for XL6 and get a rear camera fixed from outside.

If no one is going to sit at the back or need one seat extra, it has to be Ertiga
Old 14th January 2021, 13:29   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

205/60R16 on Brezza Alloys:

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20210114wa0021.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20210114wa0020.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20210114wa0019.jpg

PS: I know this is a wrong upsize, but admire the stance XL6 gets on proper wheels.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 13:34   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
205/60R16 on Brezza Alloys.
PS: I know this is a wrong upsize, but admire the stance XL6 gets on proper wheels.
Looks great dear LeoShashi. This is the size XL6 should have come with. Or maybe even 215 section R16 size of 2018 Brezza or S-Cross 2020.

R15 tyres are just too small for XL6. Just see how the body is protruding out compared to the tyres.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20201031_160006.jpg
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks