Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 00:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The XL6's brakes are entirely adequate. In what manner do you consider them not to be confidence-inspiring?
Based on my usage and past experiences with other cars, the XL6/Ertiga has poor braking due to the following :

1. The Brake pedal feel is spongy and needs to be pressed firmly to start working
2. Once it gets working, you realise that the amount of pedal depressed and the amount of deceleration is not as good as other cars (e.g Fiat Linea for my case) You don't get that feel where you know those discs are getting clamped by the pads.
3. On full load (6 onboard with luggage), you will realize that you have to press the pedal too deep and too hard to stop the car in panic conditions. It is just a matter of getting used to that fact.

To summarize, In emergency cases, considering my reaction time is same, I would stop the Ertiga a little later than a Fiat Linea, because it would require more pedal to be pressed to get the same result, plus the brakes don't have that jakhad ke pakadne waali feeling right from the start. Maybe it just has lower boost or something compared to other cars.

In normal conditions and if driven sedately and sanely with some planning, yes, the brakes are 'adequate'.
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:22   #47

Excellent review, rated 5 star. Wish could say the same about the effort from Maruti on this car as well.

I think Maruti is the only company in India that can make profits by cannibalizing their own car sales.

Being the market leader, Maruti should try and take some pages out of Hyundai's book (Kona) and try to change the market rather than using the same formula to milk the market. Having more than 50% of the Indian car market should give them some confidence to launch a market defining product rather than launching face-lifts as new models.
Kireet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 13:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireet View Post
Being the market leader, Maruti should try and take some pages out of Hyundai's book (Kona) and try to change the market rather than using the same formula to milk the market. Having more than 50% of the Indian car market should give them some confidence to launch a market defining product rather than launching face-lifts as new models.
MSIL's doctrine has been very "Indian". Passive hard work & resistance to status quo is quite commonplace with us. Generally resistive towards significant changes & not keen to be active innovators. While thinking this - just realized really how "Indian" MSIL is, even with its Japanese roots!

Even with its total dominance, it rarely took flamboyant/risky decisions. After-all its a business & knows what brings the best value for share holders & owners. There are shortcomings of that as well. We can see that steadily over the last decade or two, MSIL's total dominance of the market share has consistently eroded with new challengers taking the fight more aggressively. Thats the difference between an incumbent & a challenger anyway. Folks like Hyundai need to be more innovative & out of the box compared to the king as otherwise nobody will pick them at all. MSIL on the other hand, is making tonnes of money without doing any of that. Even I'd chose the easy wins with a short-sighted approach if I was MSIL management perhaps. Long term results of these strategies is what we'll start seeing in the next 3-5 years.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd October 2019 at 13:47.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 20:12   #49
SBP

Got my XL6 after more than 8 weeks even though I pre-booked on the first day. The dealership continues to surprise me with their competence

My initial impressions exceed my requirements for a 6 seater though the suspension needs time to get used to after riding a sedan. The start and stop system also has a few quirks which needs to be get used to like the system starts the engine when a door is opened during standstill on battery.

MSIL also does not have the wiring kit for Suzuki connect which I purchased and there is no date when the HSRP plates will be available in South Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-nkn_0269_xl6.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-nkn_0271_xl6.jpg  

SBP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 22:09   #50
BHPian

My parents took delivery of XL6 last week. We got the chassis number just 5 days after booking.
I have driven just a few KMS inside the city. Will post a review after a proper highway drive.
6 persons can travel quite comfortably in the XL6 even 3 persons with 6 foot height are relatively comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20191020wa0020.jpg  

hemen is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 20:01   #51

Congrats SBP, on your new XL6. The colour looks fabulous, I have not seen this on road yet. Maybe this could be the reason for delay.
Old 31st October 2019, 09:54   #52
BHPian

Finally got my Magma Grey Zeta XL6 delivered after a few weeks of delay (not related to the dealer). Had a good experience with Mandovi Palace Road, Bangalore for the booking and delivery.
So far I am perfectly happy with the vehicle, given that I booked it without having a test drive.

Changes made - Changed my tyres to 195/65 Continental immediately after delivery and got seat covers done by Imperial Leathers Bannerghatta Road in a couple of days time.

Coming from a manual Ciaz, the feel of the steering is similar, there is a difference in the power though coming from a Diesel car to a petrol car. On a long drive now to Kerala and so far have no issues with brakes, overtaking etc.
Hope to add an Initial ownership review soon after my trip with more photos.

Happy motoring all.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20191018_131317.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20191018_133148.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20191018_152645.jpg  

sparks4077 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 15:08   #53
BANNED

Motoroctane does a comparison between Innova, Hexa, Marazzo, Lodgy, and XL6, here's the video:

wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 16:27   #54
BHPian

Nice car and good review.
It appears as if the lower half of the front grill is shared with the Ertiga. The crease of the upper half doesn't merge flush with the lower half, it misses out by a very small distance on either sides. I understand that this is an intentional design, but my OCD triggered investigation led me to believe that the lower half is taken directly from the Ertiga.
TN13Sleeper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:47   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is reaping the success of its Ertiga inspired XL6!

Sells a combined volume of 11,525 in Oct-19.

Name:  c.PNG
Views: 8261
Size:  22.0 KB

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks4077 View Post
Finally got my Magma Grey Zeta XL6 delivered after a few weeks of delay (not related to the dealer). Had a good experience with Mandovi Palace Road, Bangalore for the booking and delivery.
So far I am perfectly happy with the vehicle, given that I booked it without having a test drive.

Changes made - Changed my tyres to 195/65 Continental immediately after delivery and got seat covers done by Imperial Leathers Bannerghatta Road in a couple of days time.
Congratulations on your purchase. How much you have paid for tyre replacement and seat covers?
Old 12th November 2019, 21:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. How much you have paid for tyre replacement and seat covers?
Tyres came to 24k, paid 12k since I got 12k for the stock tyres. Seat covers came to another 12k
sparks4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 22:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Tyres came to 24k, paid 12k since I got 12k for the stock tyres. Seat covers came to another 12k
Thanks Spark. I hope warranty will not be effected if you changed the tyres from outside Nexa.
Old 13th November 2019, 20:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Thanks Spark. I hope warranty will not be effected if you changed the tyres from outside Nexa.
No there are no issues. Had done the same for my Ciaz earlier, and Swift before that.
Old 17th November 2019, 20:24   #60

Took a TD at 2 Nexa outlets and after contemplating the Seltos have decided to book the Magma Gray Hybrid Zeta version AT.

Need help from fellow BHPians to understand should I go in for the extended warranty being quoted at 19,482 and also should I opt for Insurance at 1 year comprehensive with 3 years third party

Or

3 years comprehensive with 3 years third party.

Would really appreciate your help in deciding the above. TIA.

Quote:
How's the ride quality with the new set of tyres. Do you find any difference. I too am contemplating on the same.

Last edited by SDP : 17th November 2019 at 20:55. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or MultiQuote rather than posting one post after another.

Most Viewed