Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 08:56   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraa View Post
Took a TD at 2 Nexa outlets and after contemplating the Seltos have decided to book the Magma Gray Hybrid Zeta version AT.
Congrats

Quote:
Need help from fellow BHPians to understand should I go in for the extended warranty being quoted at 19,482 and also should I opt for Insurance at 1 year comprehensive with 3 years third party
My personal experience is that I took extended warranty only for my swift and that too was un-necessary. Never took it for my Estilo, Ciaz and now XL6.

Quote:
How's the ride quality with the new set of tyres. Do you find any difference. I too am contemplating on the same.
I drove only 15 km from the showroom to Madhu's to get the tyres changed so cannot really say. But in my swift when I changed from Bridgestone to Continental, there was a huge difference in terms of ride quality and NVH. Changed it around the 30K mark due to lots of noise.

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2019 at 21:45. Reason: trimmed quoted post
sparks4077 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 21:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Took a TD at 2 Nexa outlets and after contemplating the Seltos have decided to book the Magma Gray Hybrid Zeta version AT.
I am contemplating between seltos and xl6 too and have seen changing the tires and wheels makes a big difference to the overall appeal of XL6. Was curious to know how the ABS and ESP do after the change need opinion of fellow Bhpians.

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2019 at 21:45. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Spals is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 21:56   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I am contemplating between seltos and xl6 too and have seen changing the tires and wheels makes a big difference to the overall appeal of XL6. Was curious to know how the ABS and ESP do after the change need opinion of fellow Bhpians.
While the change in wheels do contribute to the visual appeal and stance of the car, I wouldn't recommend fiddling with the current setup, except may be changing to better rubber.

Had the misfortune of spending time in a car which had 16 inch wheels and low profile tyres. The ride quality was absolutely pathetic. The current ride is very plush and I wouldn't recommend fiddling with the setup.

Also, if you try to make wheels flush with the super thick cladding, do remember that the metal wheelarch is still the same as Ertiga and at any undulation and under load, the wheels would touch the arch.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
While the change in wheels do contribute to the visual appeal and stance of the car, I wouldn't recommend fiddling with the current setup, except may be changing to better rubber.

Had the misfortune of spending time in a car which had 16 inch wheels and low profile tyres. The ride quality was absolutely pathetic. The current ride is very plush and I wouldn't recommend fiddling with the setup.

Also, if you try to make wheels flush with the super thick cladding, do remember that the metal wheelarch is still the same as Ertiga and at any undulation and under load, the wheels would touch the arch.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks a lot for the quick reply Sashi, I do understand that lower profile tires make ride bad, do you think moving from 185/65 R15 to 205/55 R15 will make huge difference the profile height is almost same between the two, I understand some bhpians did the above change in XL6, wanted opinion on how it feels also does steering effort increase?
Spals is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
Thanks a lot for the quick reply Sashi, I do understand that lower profile tires make ride bad, do you think moving from 185/65 R15 to 205/55 R15 will make huge difference the profile height is almost same between the two, I understand some bhpians did the above change in XL6, wanted opinion on how it feels also does steering effort increase?
No, keep the profile same and ride shouldn't suffer much. Although I'd like to hear DBHPian ParagSachania's view once. He had 205s on his Ertiga once IIRC. I want to know if the stock alloys can take it.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 23:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
No, keep the profile same and ride shouldn't suffer much. Although I'd like to hear DBHPian ParagSachania's view once. He had 205s on his Ertiga once IIRC. I want to know if the stock alloys can take it.

Regards,
Shashi
Sorry I meant 205/55 R16

Rohin4410 did a nice upgrade, waiting to hear from him.
Old 18th November 2019, 23:23   #67

I feel the Zeta is a better bargain than the Alps considering the 80,000 price difference and only 5 differential features. The leather seats I would prefer to get custom made from a good vendor and on the accessories list Nexa is quoting the reverse cameras at 4900. Once the loan quotes are in place will go and book the Zeta in a day or two.
Old 18th November 2019, 23:24   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Although I'd like to hear DBHPian ParagSachania's view once. He had 205s on his Ertiga once IIRC. I want to know if the stock alloys can take it.
The stock can certainly take it and 205 profiles were the set of tires that I have driven most in my ownership till now (more than 93,000 Km).

I recollected posting details in the XL6 thread with images to show the difference between 185, 195 and 205 and how they fit on the stock rims. This post should guide you in every way to get realistic, tried and tested feedback from my ownership so far.

The summary in that post was as below:

Quote:
If you want to upgrade to 195, the stock rims should work well. If you want to upgrade to 205s, the stock rims will still work but you are not doing justice to the tire width which will remain unused on both the edges due to the bulge. 205s best fit on 6 or 6.5J. Even SX4 Z variants that came with 205s were on 6.5J if I remember. So, if you want to upgrade to 205s, pick a good set of alloys but also ensure that these alloys have the right offset that it fits well within the wheel arches.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 09:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Nexa is quoting the reverse cameras at 4900.
I was charged ₹4000 for reverse camera of alpha variant. Please do recheck.
Old 19th November 2019, 15:32   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
I was charged ₹4000 for reverse camera of alpha variant. Please do recheck.
Oh ok. That's nice. I will check with the SA today.

But doesn't the Alpha come with a reverse camera. The 5 points of difference between zeta and alpha as per the broucher.

Leather seats
Leather wrap steering
Reverse camera
Remote button touch folding side view mirrors
Vanity mirrors with lights on the visors.

Would suggest you to check too Incase it should have come as a standard fitment.
Old 19th November 2019, 21:54   #71
BHPian

I have purchased the XL6 zeta and reverse camera is definitely an accessory. Sorry for the confusion.
The dealership had some Chinese reverse camera for ₹3500 with them when i booked the Xl6.
By the time i completed the loan process they received a new camera used in alpha variant which was for ₹4000. It is snug fit as in Xl6 alpha, the Chinese one was bulky. But the guide lines in display don't change directions as in alpha variant.
hemen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 21:07   #72

Finally booked the Zeta auto in Magma Gray at Seva Nashik. The dealer isn't giving any discounts or freebies as there is a waiting in the vehicle.

But he is insisting that if I pay by CC card then he will charge me a 2% transaction fee. Is this allowed or correct. Pls kindly let me know, as I would like to pay via my company issued card and it would be of big help to me. TIA
rahulraa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using Suzuki Connect, Nexa's telematics solution with XL6?

I have been trying to figure it out with their dealers without much success.

Suzuki connect

Last edited by dadu : 26th November 2019 at 11:38.
Old 26th November 2019, 14:15   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But he is insisting that if I pay by CC card then he will charge me a 2% transaction fee. Is this allowed or correct.
Its similar in many things like jewelry/property etc. Its at the seller's discretion & there is no question of correct/allowed in this.

Generally the credit card companies charge ~2% of retail amount as service fees per transaction. (Remember fuel surcharge?) In small day to day retail transactions - the fees are absorbed / borne by the seller since credit card usage brings more business to them in addition to cash-customers.

For large transactions, 2% of 12Lakhs for example is a hefty amount. Its quite understandable that the dealer won't be in a position to bear it. It will have to be borne by you or they'll simply decline accepting credit card - which they are fully entitled to.

I suggest you use wire-transfers (RTGS/NEFT) or cheque payment over credit card for this type of a transaction.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 22:56   #75
SBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is anyone using Suzuki Connect, Nexa's telematics solution with XL6?

I have been trying to figure it out with their dealers without much success.

Suzuki connect
I have suzuki connect installed in my XL6. I got it after nearly a month as Maruti was doing R&D as per the sales team. I am able to track the car and look at my trips but some of my trips go missing and as my parking is out of cell coverage I get the message " not connected to the internet". Please let me know if you needed any specific information.
SBP
SBP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks