Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 14:37   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
For color, my first choice was White. Dealer had good stock in every color but both the Whites they had, failed my PDI. Next option was Premium Silver and Magma Grey. Both passed the PDI, but final call was taken by dad who felt this shade looks rich.
If you do not mind, could you please brief a bit more on the PDI points that failed for the white cars. Would help new car buyers, like me, knowing areas to look for together with the team-bhp PDI checklist .

Quote:
Only Ertiga and XL6 had proper walk-in way of ingress.
Maruti does get the basic ergonomics right, almost always. Congrats on the new Car!! Wishing you a great ownership. Happy touring
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 17:13   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
If you do not mind, could you please brief a bit more on the PDI points that failed for the white cars. Would help new car buyers, like me, knowing areas to look for together with the team-bhp PDI checklist .
One of the white cars was Feb 2020 make. We had a bad hailstorm in April, and many cars were damaged in yards. So I was interested in latest cars only.

The other car was June 2020 make. However it's seat plastics were torn, its speedometer wasn't working and fuse box cover was lying on seat. Also earlier that day when I did my own research about their stock, the internal sources informed me that one car is in Ranchi, while while the other was around 100kms away in Hazaribagh. So I was pretty sure it was driven that day.

Be alert and super vigilant. I spotted repair marks on many of their cars. However full credit to the dealer, they had proper records of which chassis number was repaired. So they were completely transparent from their end.

The car I bought was produced on 28th June, dispatched from Maruti on 4th July and unloaded on 9th.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:18   #138
BHPian

Dear Shashi, Many congratulations on your new ride

We took the delivery of our XL6 in February this year in the same shade and the only accessory that we went for was the MGA reverse camera along with the mats. The Alpha variant just doesn't deserve the premium it commands over the zeta variant with only the camera being an essential missing feature

The XL6 was purchased primarily for our Mother who is chauffeur driven 99% of the times; owing to the high seating position, easy ingress/egress, rear ac vents & of course the captain seats. Similar to you we tried out pretty much every car including the Crysta, but XL6 seemed like a lot of Car for the Money and ticked most if not all boxes. XL6 replaced the ageing SX4 which served us very well for 10 years & 160,000 kms but was starting to show its age

Selfishly, delighted to see you own this car as now there is bound to be a treasure trove of information becoming available to prospective buyers on a product which otherwise didn't have many end user reviews etc. available online

Wishing you many happy s(miles) with the car
amit_2025 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:16   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Dear Shashi, Many congratulations on your new ride
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
We took the delivery of our XL6 in February this year in the same shade and the only accessory that we went for was the MGA reverse camera along with the mats. The Alpha variant just doesn't deserve the premium it commands over the zeta variant with only the camera being an essential missing feature
I agree. Zeta makes a lot of sense. But I opted for Alpha since I needed the car urgently. In Zeta they had dark shades like NEXA Blue which I didn't like. Also I haven't seen any proper upholsterer in Ranchi or Delhi who can replicate leather seats/steering wheel of Alpha model. Steering wheel is still easy, but I'm yet to see good workmanship on seats, like they do in Bangalore/Mumbai.

Also the dealer made up by giving killer deal on Insurance and accessories, so there wasn't much of a price difference between Zeta and Alpha eventually.

Quote:
The XL6 was purchased primarily for our Mother who is chauffeur driven 99% of the times; owing to the high seating position, easy ingress/egress, rear ac vents & of course the captain seats. Similar to you we tried out pretty much every car including the Crysta, but XL6 seemed like a lot of Car for the Money and ticked most if not all boxes. XL6 replaced the ageing SX4 which served us very well for 10 years & 160,000 kms but was starting to show its age
True! Comfort and practicality of this platform(Ertiga and XL6) is unmatched at this price range.

Do share pics of your steed.

Quote:
Selfishly, delighted to see you own this car as now there is bound to be a treasure trove of information becoming available to prospective buyers on a product which otherwise didn't have many end user reviews etc. available online
Lol! Thanks. I'll try my best to live up to your expectations.

Have been doing a lot of additions/deletions and a lot of proper upgrades are planned as well. Signing off with some clicks.

In nature's lap:

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200720_100124.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200720_100400.jpg

With BHPian Sumitsinha0280's newly acquired Ciaz S

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200722_162006.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200722_162445.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:06   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot!

Also the dealer made up by giving killer deal on Insurance and accessories, so there wasn't much of a price difference between Zeta and Alpha eventually.

Do share pics of your steed.
Seems like you got a cracker of a deal :-)

We could negotiate a good price for the SX4 along with an exchange bonus with the addition of the reverse camera and floor mats in the deal
Additionally used the 50% NCB on insurance from an i10 we had sold a couple of years back. Would never have known this was even possible if it wasn't for Team Bhp

The Car hasn't quite seen many road trips yet owing to the pandemic so haven't clicked any pics. Sharing a couple from the delivery day
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-xl6-s.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-xl6.jpg  

amit_2025 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 18:00   #141
BHPian

Does any of the owners on the forum have an idea if the roof rails on the XL6 are load bearing or just for show?

I was looking at mounting a roof box with roof bars which will have around 40kg load in it. Any information will be appreciated.
Old 26th July 2020, 22:06   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Does any of the owners on the forum have an idea if the roof rails on the XL6 are load bearing or just for show?

I was looking at mounting a roof box with roof bars which will have around 40kg load in it. Any information will be appreciated.
Hope this helps:

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-camscanner-07262020-22.04.00_1.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 00:20   #143
BHPian

Thank you so much Shashi for this valuable information.

Incidentally I went for a TD yesterday and the SA had no clue about the roof rails being load bearing. He gave me some gibberish about it being used ‘abroad only’ for ski’s.

In case I do go for the XL6 I am assured I can retain my roof box set up and get additional luggage capacity.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 21:17   #144
BHPian

Hi XL6 owners, a quick question.

Today I noticed that my XL6 automatic is not revving above 4k rpm while at standstill in P mode. No matter how much i depress the pedal, it just wont. Has anybody else noticed? Is it an issue or it is designed like this?
Old 30th July 2020, 15:24   #145
BHPian

I feel the new LED fog lamps on the XL6 are completely useless, the DRL has more illumination in the dark than the fog lamps. The throw and spread in quite poor and to make matters worse the white light makes it look more weak.
Old 6th August 2020, 12:52   #146
BHPian

Just booked the XL6 in Nexa Blue. Plan to do the tyre swap immediately after delivery. Leoshashi has detailed out the tyre specs, its a no-brainer.

I also plan to move the roof box set up from the Polo (thread here (Added a Roof Box to my VW Polo (for extra luggage capacity))) to the XL6. Have ordered a new set of roof bars to fit the XL6. Plan to also try get an endorsement in the RC for the roof carrier as I have had some troubles with the traffic authorities in different states. Most irritating were the cops in Maharashtra.

First drive report soon :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

Today I noticed that my XL6 automatic is not revving above 4k rpm while at standstill in P mode. No matter how much i depress the pedal, it just wont. Has anybody else noticed? Is it an issue or it is designed like this?
While reading through a recent review, the reviewer mentioned that the automatic has a rev limiter. Under what circumstances it is activated is below

"Being a 4-speed auto, the gears have tall or wide ratios and if you lock it in L, you can reach up to 60kmph in 1st and in the 2 positions you easily get past 100kmph and even up to about 105, before the engine rev limiter kicks in."

Source

In your case while revving at standstill the rev limiter is kicking in.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th August 2020 at 16:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged
lionell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 14:46   #147
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Plan to also try get an endorsement in the RC for the roof carrier as I have had some troubles with the traffic authorities in different states. Most irritating were the cops in Maharashtra.

Congratulations on booking the new car.

Do share here or on your roof-box thread, how you got the endorsement in the RC. I need to do the same.
Old 12th August 2020, 19:25   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Delivered!
Congratulations Sashi! I have booked the White Zeta and expecting it to be delivered by Sept 10.

Quick question - since I am going to add the camera (Genuine Accessory) do they need to open the dash? Or can be fitted by just opening the rear door panel.

Last edited by MadTiger : 12th August 2020 at 19:41. Reason: Typo
Old 12th August 2020, 20:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

Today I noticed that my XL6 automatic is not revving above 4k rpm while at standstill in P mode.
But, why is there a need for revving in neutral or park? Am I missing here something? Revving under no-load, i.e. neutral/park, harms engine. If they have built in some kind of mechanism to limit revs, that is a good thing.
Old 12th August 2020, 20:44   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But, why is there a need for revving in neutral or park? Am I missing here something? Revving under no-load, i.e. neutral/park, harms engine. If they have built in some kind of mechanism to limit revs, that is a good thing.
Good question. I dont revv normally. But due to covid situation I have not been using the vehicle. Once in a week I start it and idle. I havent revved her beyond 4k in neutral in last 10 months of ownership either. But my Son happened to revv it while he was on the driver seat and I noticed it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks