Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 21:59   #301
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Bought mine on 1st July.
Clocked 1400km. Adding 500km more tomorrow.

Shifted to 16 inch + 205/55 Yokos. Sharing some pics
Congratulations Bunny
I too got one last month after selling my 15 year old Alto LXi to my neighbour.

Mine too is a Zeta MT and it's in premium silver colour.

I wanted to upgrade the tyres to atleast 195s, but dropped the plan due to the traffic enforcement scene here in Kerala which is pretty tight these days. Apart from the illegal mod it would be on the car, It's also virtually impossible to do above 90kmph on any road in Kerala cause one would be caught in the act on camera anywhere anytime. For legal speeds the stock tyres would be good enough I guess.

The only accessories I got from the showroom were the rear spoiler and O/E reverse cam. They didn't have anything else in stock that I needed like some good floor mats, side beadings, window frame kit, etc.

I also upgraded the ICE with a set of Focal Auditor components and coaxials, along with a Focal 4 channel amplifier. Got the job done from outside as the showroom accessories section had nothing in speakers or amplifiers to offer.

Also very happy to see many auto enthusiasts go for the XL6 here, it's a very good VFM car.

Last edited by jalex77 : 30th September 2021 at 22:12.
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:00   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Good / not good ? Where can he find ? Cost ? Anything else .. esp reviews. It is mostly 4 people in the car, but occasional day trips are getting bigger. Hence the query from him.
Not just uncomfortable. These contraptions are completely unsafe too.

- There is no way to retrofit a seat belt on it.
- Most of these contraptions do not have any retaining screws etc., to fasten them to the underbody of the car.
In case of an impact, the Seat itself would be flung forward like a projectile.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:59   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Not just uncomfortable. These contraptions are completely unsafe too.

- Most of these contraptions do not have any retaining screws etc.
In case of an impact, the Seat itself would be flung forward like a projectile.
Hi Abhishek46, have you installed this/similar in your car ? I am not questioning the points, but want more information, for better understanding of the setup.
Old 19th October 2021, 10:32   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hi Abhishek46, have you installed this/similar in your car ? I am not questioning the points, but want more information, for better understanding of the setup.
Hello Condor,
No, I have not installed these things.
However, I did spend a good couple of days looking at these things (how they are fitted & used) on YouTube, when I was seriously evaluating the XL6.

I was in the same scenario as several others. (Liked the XL6 more than the Ertiga, but wanted 7 seats).
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:06   #305
Senior - BHPian

Got the XL6 today...

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211021_180657.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211021_173146.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211021_182451.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211021wa0059.jpg

10.95L on-road Delhi with 10k worth of accessories included
Breakup - XL6 XETA Manual, Premium Silver color,
Delhi Registration, delivery at Meerut
Ex Showroom - 998000
Insurance, Zero Dep (1 comprehensive + 3 year 3rd party) - 26518
RTO Delhi - 78000 (including MCD Parking Charge - 4000)
Temporary Registration Meerut - 1800
FASTag - 600
Accessories - 10170
= 11,15,088
Discount - 20088
Final Price on-road Delhi - 10,95,000

Accessories taken in above 10170 -
Rear Camera - 3750 (plug and play as wiring from stereo exists till the boot)
Mats Fabric - 2390
Rear number chrome plate garnish - 750
Illuminated door sil - 3190

Last moment added - (less 7% on below price)
Window frame kit chrome - 2850
Body side moulding - full chrome - 2699
Extra paid after discount - 5161

VIN - (K=October M=2021)

Fantastic package for the price. I (a 6 footer) could sit comfortably in the 3rd row, even more comfortably than my Fortuner/Innova, and also fit 2 full size suitcases in the boot with all 3 rows up. Got 17.4kmpl in the first drive today. It seems a dark horse which few people really appreciate.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 21st October 2021 at 23:11.
dkaile is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:22   #306
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car! She looks great! 😄👍🏼
sumobom4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:06   #307
Senior - BHPian

Horn Upgrade

Taking inspiration from Leoshashi's brilliant thread on the XL6 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5112308 (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review), I too upgraded the horns on the XL6. Used the Hella Black Pearls from Amazon @699 (which incidentally I had also used on my BMW bikes) -

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211026wa0006.jpg

Removed the front panel by removing the 6 bolts and then removed the plastic clips, which were a little different from the configuration mentioned in his post.

Here's a view of the OE Horns

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211029_100701.jpg

Upclose view

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211029_100854.jpg

The front grill and plastic panel removed

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211029_100705.jpg

I have circled the clips in red, that need to be pulled out to remove the front grill. It was a bit tricky for me, hence posting this photo as to help where exact pressure to pull needs to be applied -

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211103_111512.jpg

Kindly also note -

1. OE clamps are to be reversed but I removed the rubber grommet insulator. Then you can tighten using the original bolt easily and there was no need to use any aftermarket bolts. I applied a little Loctite 243 so that they do not move at all after installation.

Sorry for no 'after' photos.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd November 2021 at 12:08.
dkaile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:42   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
but I removed the rubber grommet insulator. Then you can tighten using the original bolt easily and there was no need to use any aftermarket bolts.
Nice job, the grill and clips location looks exactly same as mine.

The rubber grommet insulator is desirable as it's designed to remove any kind of vibrations the horn can transfer to the body. Although even without the insulator, there wasn't much vibration transferring to the body, but I decided to retain the original design.

And the bolts used in my car weren't aftermarket, they were all Maruti MGP.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:58   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The rubber grommet insulator is desirable as it's designed to remove any kind of vibrations the horn can transfer to the body. Although even without the insulator, there wasn't much vibration transferring to the body, but I decided to retain the original design.

And the bolts used in my car weren't aftermarket, they were all Maruti MGP.
The rubber grommets are designed to work at the horn end and not at the body bolt tightening end, where you used them after reversing the clamp ends. So attaching those there would just cause movement of the clamp eventually. Tightening with SS washers and loctite is my preferred way to go.

Also the bolts used by you, though were of MGP, they were used with nuts and those have a tendency of falling off unless they are tightened with Loctite or the OE bolts are used which tighten directly into the body panel without any nuts.

However your post was most useful.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd November 2021 at 13:05.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:35   #310
Senior - BHPian

Received the OE Rear View Camera. The wiring is now till the boot in the current Zeta model and it's just a simple plug and play affair now. Here are a few photos of the same along with part # and pricing in case anyone is interested -

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211103wa0046.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211030wa0046.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211103wa0054.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img20211103wa0055.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 19:04   #311
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Space is so tight & expensive in Bombay that it is ingrained in the heads of Mumbaikars to not waste ANY real estate.

See how this hero has used up the XL6's real estate to promote his company
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20211107-16.28.16.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 14:46   #312
BHPian

Hi everyone,

After dilly-dallying for the last few months, have decided to go ahead with XL6 Zeta MT to replace my 2012 Honda City (more about back story when I have an ownership thread up and running :-))

This thread, plus that of Leoshashi & ProcRJ have such a wealth of information - thank you all for the valuable insights which helped in my decision-making. I have a few specific points to be clarified, though, and I am sharing them here; will look forward to your inputs:

(For your reference, this will be my primary car with a 60:40 split between city & outstation in terms of KMs munched - mostly Goa, Ooty, Coorg, Pondy, etc. I do quite a bit of running around in Bangalore too, when in town.Also, I am a keeper - my vehicles have been with me for at least 5 years; my City is now 9 years old!)

1. The Suzuki Connect app - the dealer's price card mentions it at 11,900/-! Is it of any use, or can one do without it? Or, has it been upgraded since launch so much that Maruti is now even advertising it?
2. The only accessory I am sure of picking up from the dealer is the reverse camera, and maybe the window rain-guards. Anything else worth picking up from the dealer?
3. Tyres - I intend to change the Ecopias due to the poor reports. My question - does moving from 185 to 195/65/15 significantly change the ride quality, or is it more for the look? (I am a little wary about the warranty part, so don't mind keeping stock sizes at least for now.)
4. Alloys - I would like to explore exchanging the dark alloys to something lighter coloured (same size & specs). Any recommendations/insights in this regard would be very helpful. Also - will I get a decent exchange on the OE alloys?
5. My preferred colour is White, though my wife and kids want either the Nexa Blue or Auburn Red. If it is one of the darker colours, should I go in for some kind of paint protection? If so, please suggest an option which will not pinch the wallet too much.

Will look forward to hearing your thoughts; thank you
Jammy70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 15:42   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
XL6 Zeta MT to replace my 2012 Honda City
Congratulation on selecting a practical car. Hope you did do multiple test drives before making the decision to buy XL6.

Quote:
1. The Suzuki Connect app
waste of money, please avoid.
Quote:
2. The only accessory I am sure of picking up from the dealer is the reverse camera, and maybe the window rain-guards.
Nothing else that is absolutely necessary.
Quote:
My question - does moving from 185 to 195/65/15 significantly change the ride quality, or is it more for the look? (I am a little wary about the warranty part, so don't mind keeping stock sizes at least for now.)
Cant comment on ride quality as I barely drove with 185/65R15 Ecopias. 195 tyres would ride better, provide more traction and might even help in reducing braking distance IMO. If you are wary about warranty, you can just stick to 185/65R15 from Michellin or Yoko.
Quote:
4. Alloys - I would like to explore exchanging the dark alloys to something lighter coloured (same size & specs). Any recommendations/insights in this regard would be very helpful. Also - will I get a decent exchange on the OE alloys?
I doubt you will get much for OEM alloys, even if they are brand new. Calling a few tyre dealers should help you esitmate exchange rate and net outlay if you change alloys + tyres.
Quote:
5. My preferred colour is White, though my wife and kids want either the Nexa Blue or Auburn Red. If it is one of the darker colours, should I go in for some kind of paint protection? If so, please suggest an option which will not pinch the wallet too much.
Color choice is very personal IMO, if I hadnt got the Auburn Red, my second choice would have been grey. Irrespective of color, I would suggest you get some form of paint protection. Something as simple as the Turtle wax hybrid solutions could help protect paint, especially if you are planning to park your car under open skies for long time periods.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 22:53   #314
BHPian

Thank you ProcRJ for the quick response - and precise, as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Congratulation on selecting a practical car. Hope you did do multiple test drives before making the decision to buy XL6.
Yes, I did a fair amount of test drives, but more of the auto than the manual. I am keeping my expectations (and excitement) in check, and as you rightly said - the XL6 is a very practical car, especially for my current requirements. The City has served me exceptionally well over the 1.11 lac Kms I have covered, and it has been absolutely trouble-free all these years. I would have loved to move on to a BRV as it would have been apt for our family of 4 plus a lovely medium-sized dog who joined us last year, but Honda had other plans!

At present, IMO there's no better option in the market to cater to my need than the XL6; unless I stretch the budget to Crysta territory. My wife joined for one of the test drives (of the automatic) and what struck her was the space utilisation in the car. The ride was comfortable, and honestly, I felt the suspension was better sorted than my 2012 City (the 2021 City, which my dad has, is at an altogether different level). I settled on the manual over the auto as I felt it would serve me better in my frequent excursions to the mountains; else I thought the auto was fairly sorted for a sedate driver like me and would have been a boon for my regular runabouts in the city.

Quote:
Cant comment on ride quality as I barely drove with 185/65R15 Ecopias. 195 tyres would ride better, provide more traction and might even help in reducing braking distance IMO. If you are wary about warranty, you can just stick to 185/65R15 from Michellin or Yoko.
Noted.

Quote:
I doubt you will get much for OEM alloys, even if they are brand new. Calling a few tyre dealers should help you esitmate exchange rate and net outlay if you change alloys + tyres.
Thanks - will ask around. Not keen on spending if the exchange value isn't interesting. I have plans to add on the engine guard, upgrade speakers if need be, and will prioritise dampening (if I find it necessary) over the alloys.

Quote:
Color choice is very personal IMO, if I hadnt got the Auburn Red, my second choice would have been grey. Irrespective of color, I would suggest you get some form of paint protection. Something as simple as the Turtle wax hybrid solutions could help protect paint, especially if you are planning to park your car under open skies for long time periods.
I had difficulty choosing the colour; I could rule out only the Khaki out of the 6 options. My preference was also the Auburn Red but was skeptical of my capability to maintain it over the years. Have given White as my preference, followed by Auburn Red.

Thanks once again; will keep you posted on the developments :-)
Jammy70 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 09:16   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
I settled on the manual over the auto as I felt it would serve me better in my frequent excursions to the mountains; else I thought the auto was fairly sorted for a sedate driver like me and would have been a boon for my regular runabouts in the city.
if your City:Highway driving is close to 50:50, then I think you should reconsider and go for the Auto. There is enough feedback on this thread, my ownership thread as well as this thread (My Maruti-Suzuki XL6 Alpha Automatic Review) by SharathScorp on the performance of the Auto. In fact SharathScorp did a recent trip to the hills and he was very impressed with the way the auto handled the curves around Charmadi ghat.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks