Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 18:48   #631

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader001 View Post
I see you mentioned that you've a USB drive connected for music, did you try keeping the USB disconnected during Infotainment bootup? Because the USB being connected during bootup may slow the boot process as the USB file indexing can load the system a lot (especially when you've a lot of music files in the usb).
For me the Infotainment boot completes in ~10secs and RVC is available within 5sec of slotting into reverse. Of course AC controls are available after the bootup which I mentioned above.
+1 to that. The RVC is quick to fire up and so is the infotainment system. As a workaround, is it possible to remotely fire up the car via Ismart so that it can load up the infotainment system by the time you are seated.
Old 29th December 2022, 20:22   #632
BHPian

Quote:
As a workaround, is it possible to remotely fire up the car via Ismart so that it can load up the infotainment system by the time you are seated.
Sure, but is it that desperate that you want to burn some gas for the infotainment!! May be not right. The critical part is the RVC and if that is up then you should be fine. Nonetheless, the system starts a delayed bootup as soon as you unlock the car so that saves sometime. You can try unlocking the car a few steps ahead (if safe and needed).
Old 29th December 2022, 20:44   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader001 View Post
Sure, but is it that desperate that you want to burn some gas for the infotainment!! May be not right. The critical part is the RVC and if that is up then you should be fine. Nonetheless, the system starts a delayed bootup as soon as you unlock the car so that saves sometime. You can try unlocking the car a few steps ahead (if safe and needed).
I kind of agree. Again, like you rightly said, its the degree of desperation that decides this. To each one his own.
Old 11th January 2023, 12:33   #634

So, I finally got my hands on the car a week ago. My initial concern around switching from manual to AT was wiped away in fifteen minutes. I am still exploring the features but absolutely loved the ride quality. Does anyone know why the TPMS shows a reading of 50 for all tyres whereas when checked at a nearby petrol pump it shows 35. I have already highlighted this to the SA who is reviewing it but any help would be appreciated.
dellraiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 11:13   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellraiser View Post
So, I finally got my hands on the car a week ago. My initial concern around switching from manual to AT was wiped away in fifteen minutes. I am still exploring the features but absolutely loved the ride quality. Does anyone know why the TPMS shows a reading of 50 for all tyres whereas when checked at a nearby petrol pump it shows 35. I have already highlighted this to the SA who is reviewing it but any help would be appreciated.
Congratulations! Wishing you lakhs of miles and millions of smiles per mile of a stress and niggle free ownership!

Just wanted to know which trim did you take and whether it’s the CVT or DCT? Thanks.

Last edited by Evyas : 12th January 2023 at 11:17. Reason: Asked question already answered earlier
Old 12th January 2023, 11:32   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase.

On the TPMS front, please drive the car for 30 mins--> Then get the air checked (preferably at an alternate station)--> Drive for another 10 mins-->Then correlate TPMS reading with the pressure filled at the pump . If it does not match (+- 2 points), then it might be an issue with the TPMS
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 23:16   #637

I did this and still did not see any changes. I then reached out to the service center as directed by the SA. They acknowledged this issue and said that this could be due to a faulty sensor and committed to changing it if need be on first service (due in 11 days).
Old 20th January 2023, 11:03   #638
BHPian

Anyone know if petrol CVT engine in new 2023 facelift Hector is BS6 Phase-2 compliant? Or are we expecting them to launch new engine soon in coming months?
Old 12th February 2023, 19:36   #639
BHPian

Hello, we recently bought the Hector sharp variant. Overall very Happy with the car but wondering if there is any way to turn off the audio warnings such as speed breaker staff, left turn ahead, etc.?

The sales person had no idea how to do it, we called support number and they were also not sure.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:13   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
Hello, we recently bought the Hector sharp variant. Overall very Happy with the car but wondering if there is any way to turn off the audio warnings such as speed breaker staff, left turn ahead, etc.?
There is a way. Let me share pics in a few hours. Go into GPS settings and turn it all off. The steering mounted volume controls don't help in this case.
dellraiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:16   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you lakhs of miles and millions of smiles per mile of a stress and niggle free ownership!

Just wanted to know which trim did you take and whether it’s the CVT or DCT? Thanks.
My sincere apologies for a late reply and thank you for the wishes. I got the CVT. I am getting a mileage of around 9 in the city after the first service.
dellraiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:30   #642

Quote:
There is a way. Let me share pics in a few hours. Go into GPS settings and turn it all off. The steering mounted volume controls don't help in this case.
Go into GPS settings
Go into driver assist
Under driver assist you will see multiple categories
Go into every category and turn of voice alerts.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector : Official Review-img_20230213_175956.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-img_20230213_180028.jpg  

dellraiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 15:28   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Go into GPS settings
Go into driver assist
Under driver assist you will see multiple categories
Go into every category and turn of voice alerts.
Thanks, but we have tried that but the alerts still happen. The car also resets the settings every time you turn it off and on again.
Old 15th February 2023, 15:31   #644

I would recommend that you get the software updated from the dealer. I spoke to my SA who confirmed that this is how it's to be disabled. I have not personally tried it though.
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:19   #645
BHPian

I saw a Twitter post about an MG Hector catching fire and the subsequent apathy of MG Motors India.

The user has posted on Twitter in this post.

I am not sure if this particular incident has been shared on the forum yet. But, what surprises me is the total disdain for the customer and his safety by the MG Motors India team.
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks