Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 14:11   #571
BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I will keep an eye out for the numbers, as my car now stays parked for 2-3 days due to WFH making a comeback. However, I think I have not seen a noticeable loss in the charge.

Why do you want know, though?
I don't want to land up in a situation wherein the Li-Ion battery discharges completely. I have a fear that it might not recharge in such state, using the usual charging route (when the car is being driven)
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:52   #572
BHPian

Could anyone recommend a rolling window curtain that can be fitted in the Hector?

The kind similar to what's available as OEMs with other manufactures.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2022, 14:02   #573
BHPian

My Hector Plus Hybrid Manual (Petrol) has completed 4 months and run about 3000km. The first service is done and the mileage has been improving.

I recently picked my in-laws from the airport and after a stopover at a petrol pump immediately after the toll plaza, had the following trip reading.

MG Hector : Official Review-hector-plus-mileage-22nd-feb22.jpg

11.1 kmpl for a 42 km stretch- wasn't bad at all. Out of these, ~26 km was after the Hebbal flyover and during evening (~5pm) time on a weekday while the remaining ~16 km on the highway, done at a steady 80-90 kmph. Assuming 9kmpl for the city and 14kmpl for the highway stretch is quite reasonable here, based on the overall figures and considering the good load of people (3 adults plus 2 kids) and luggage- fairly impressive.

As per my experience, driving between 100-120 on highways will give you 12kmpl, ~100kmh about 13kmpl and 80-90 kmh about 14kmpl.
RiverRanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 16:01   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRanger View Post
As per my experience, driving between 100-120 on highways will give you 12kmpl, ~100kmh about 13kmpl and 80-90 kmh about 14kmpl.
Those are the same numbers that I am getting as well. My hector plus has also run around 3500 kms in around 5 months. Considering the weight of the vehicle, these numbers are fair and hopefully will improve slightly with time.

The city fuel efficiency is certainly very good.

Last edited by TSEA : 27th February 2022 at 16:28.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 09:29   #575
BHPian

Hi,
I wanted to ask the Techies here, if, by turning off the TCS during slow city drives save some energy somewhere, thereby improving fuel efficiency?
Old 30th April 2022, 23:40   #576
BHPian

Hi all,

Had a strange experience with my Hector Plus (hybrid Petrol) a few days ago.

Sunday evening I parked my car in the parking lot and locked the car.

Tuesday evening- the car won't unlock!

MG has a free RSA (Roadside Assistance) and they were prompt in sending a person during the evening only. Before that, they diagnosed the problem as a discharged battery and eventually it did turn out that way only.

Now I have been struggling to understand- how did the battery get discharged in a locked car? (Unlocked car one can understand- lights would remain on etc).

I searched on the forum and found one instance where a member had complained the same (battery discharged in a locked car) for an XUV7OO. Although no one seemed sure why.

Have you had a similar experience? What could be the reason for this?
Old 5th May 2022, 20:19   #577
BHPian

My BIL's less than 1000 km Hector(Diesel, Topend) faced the below issue.
Gear was not slotting while the engine is on. It slots if the engine is off. Saw few videos in youtube also describing the same issue.
MG guys came, did clutch bleeding and said the issue is resolved.

BIL admittedly drives with half clutch a lot. But this new car with around 900 in the odo, should not be facing such an issue this early. His previous car Brezza(diesel), the clutch lasted for 75K kms.

Worried that this issue will happen again. What could be the root cause and how to resolve it?
Old 10th May 2022, 20:37   #578
BHPian

Any update if there are chances of Diesel Automatic in Hector?
Old 12th May 2022, 21:51   #579
BHPian

MG dealer in Chennai says that production of all MG cars have been affected due to lockdowns in China as they depend upon the SCs to be sent from there. He says delivery will take around 4 months. Is that the waiting period for Hector now?
Old 17th May 2022, 12:25   #580
BHPian

Does anybody know the manufacturer that makes the CVT automatic transmission for the MG Hector?

My dad is planning to get an automatic SUV and reliability is one of his highest priorities. So if the Jatco is the one that makes this transmission, he would probably skip it and go for something like the XL6 with the torque converter from Aisin.

Also, how reliable is the MG Hector CVT overall?
Alfaholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:27   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Does anybody know the manufacturer that makes the CVT automatic transmission for the MG Hector?
The CVT box is developed in house by SAIC in collaboration with Bosch. No comments regarding reliability, but CVTs are generally prone to less issues.
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 09:07   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
What could be the root cause and how to resolve it?
Could be an isolated incident. The clutch should be fine after the bleeding.

The recurring issue that one could face if they ride the clutch is premature clutch wear/burn in. I've driven my Diesel Sharp hector for 65000 kms on stock clutch without any issue.

What one should do:

1. In slow moving traffic, switch to first gear. Natural instinct is to slot it in second but avoid the same.

2. Don't try to pick up the car from the second gear.

3. Adapt driving style to reinforce the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
He says delivery will take around 4 months. Is that the waiting period for Hector now?
It's a clear case of supply not keeping up with the demand owing to chip shortages. MG is also shipping cars without the Subwoofer, Amplifier and Auto Tailgate Swipe Sensor for now. As parts become available, the dealership will install it later. The avg waiting time quoted in Delhi is 3 months so that'll be the standard +-1 for other cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

Also, how reliable is the MG Hector CVT overall?
Reliability wise, the CVT isn't an issue. Although if you are particular about mileage, you might be a bit disappointed.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 01:53   #583

MG Hector DCT Petrol Automatic 2019

Hi Guys ,

I am looking for an automatic SUV and since my running is low , I am open to considering Petrol guzzlers despite low mileage. Came across quiet a few Hectors on all online portals.

Had below questions and would be really thankful if senior members could throw some light:-
1) Any specific reasons for a large number of used hectors with very low running to be listed? I would guess mileage would be a major factor. Any other reasons.
2) What should I look out for while evaluating and test driving used Auto DCT hectors. Any known issues with DCT in hectors?
3) What should be the approximate price for an under 20k run , late 2019 Hector DCT.
4) Did the first lot of hectors have any issues? Should I specifically look for 2020 hectors, most good deals are on 2019 ones.

Thanks,
TK
Old 9th June 2022, 18:16   #584
BHPian

I checked out the Hector CVT in Hyderabad today. Came to know that dealers are not taking booking of the mid variant (Smart) since the sales of that variant is low. So one can only book Shine or Sharp.

The on road price difference between the 2 is a whopping ₹4 lakhs. The primary difference between the 2 would be 6 airbags instead of 2, Panoramic Sunroof, Ventilated Seats, Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels instead of normal one and 360 deg camera apart from other things.. The tyre size is also bigger in top variant at 18" whereas in base variant it is 17".

The on road price of the Shine variant is below ₹20 lakhs which makes it a great VFM. Quite confused whether to consider the base variant or the top variant.

Last edited by souvikjana83 : 9th June 2022 at 18:33.
Old 9th June 2022, 18:49   #585
BHPian

Also if someone buy the Shine variant, is it possible to change the alloy wheels to diamond cut alloys with 18" as an accessory? How much difference in mileage does one can get by changing the tyre size and the alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks