Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 08:43   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post

The driver side window (having one touch Auto) will stop working if you roll up - down continuously for 5-7 times/cycles. Then it takes another few minutes to start working (roll up/down function).

When checked with the service advisor and GM of service centre, they told me that it's a failsafe function of window motor. The motor gets heated if rolled up/down continuously, then it stops until it cools down (may be there's some cut off logic/fuse) and the window will start working after few minutes once the motor gets cooled down. It will work only for 2-3 up/down cycles if you use it within 5 minutes of first failsafe mode. The longer you wait , the cooler the motor get and permits more up/down cycles.

Thanks in advance!
Don't worry this is normal and is to prevent the motor winding from burning out. Motors need to have this protection as they are higer power motors and can get heated if used continuously.
It is in the buyer's benefit as it reduces the failure rate and it reduces the chances of your getting stuck with a burnt motor with windows down.

Same feature is also there with the sunroof motor too.

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th January 2022 at 09:02.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:05   #557
BHPian

Quote:

Can the fellow owners please confirm if the same thing happens in their Hector for the driver side window?
As my car registration will start on Friday, will really appreciate any feedback within couple of days.

Thanks in advance!
I checked and it did stop after continuous roll-up(s) and down(s). Power window started working after a gap of a minute
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:15   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all the Hector owners (TESA, Behemoth, satyanu, RiverRanger, mayankk, FiatDiesel, Pachiq & everyone).

Sorry mods & owners as I had to multi quote the owners to get urgent attention.

I'm expecting the delivery of Hector Sharp CVT early next week. While doing PDI, we observed a very peculiar issue with Driver side window

The driver side window (having one touch Auto) will stop working if you roll up - down continuously for 5-7 times/cycles. Then it takes another few minutes to start working (roll up/down function).

When checked with the service advisor and GM of service centre, they told me that it's a failsafe function of window motor.

Can the fellow owners please confirm if the same thing happens in their Hector for the driver side window?
As my car registration will start on Friday, will really appreciate any feedback within couple of days.

Thanks in advance!
Frankly never had this situation till date of repeated up and down so can’t comment as no experience but windows and sunroof operation has been working as expected. No problems observed.

Congratulations for New Car. Wishing you and family many miles of safe drive.
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:19   #559
Senior - BHPian

The MG Hector and Hector Plus DCT versions have been discontinued. Petrol CVT is now the sole automatic option in the Hector line-up.

Name:  20220106105837_MG Hector_01.jpeg
Views: 1815
Size:  89.9 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th January 2022 at 11:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:31   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The MG Hector and Hector Plus DCT versions have been discontinued. Petrol CVT is now the sole automatic option in the Hector line-up.
Probably because (1) the DCT became infamous for low mileage, although the CVT does not improve the mileage by a lot and (2) The failure rate on CVT is lower, and since the box is co-developed with Bosch by SAIC, it would also cost MG less than the DCT.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:14   #561
BHPian

Quote:
The MG Hector and Hector Plus DCT versions have been discontinued.
Hope they launch Diesel Automatic now!
Old 6th January 2022, 22:58   #562
BHPian

Quote:
The 8-speed CVT does give better mileage than the 6-speed DCT, as per anecdotal evidence. (including my CSA who claimed 10kmpl in city for the CVT he gets to roam in for TDs!). It will also be smoother, and considering the DCT has slight reliability issues across various cars and wasnt a very eager one in Hector to begin with, it made sense for MG to drop it.

One may remember that Hector DCT had also faced some issues in August when MG had to recall about 14,000 units of the BS6-compliant Hector DCT in order to rectify an emissions-related issue.
Old 8th January 2022, 15:16   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Don't worry this is normal and is to prevent the motor winding from burning out. Motors need to have this protection as they are higer power motors and can get heated if used continuously.
It is in the buyer's benefit as it reduces the failure rate and it reduces the chances of your getting stuck with a burnt motor with windows down.

Same feature is also there with the sunroof motor too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I checked and it did stop after continuous roll-up(s) and down(s). Power window started working after a gap of a minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
Congratulations for New Car. Wishing you and family many miles of safe drive.
Thanks FiatDiesel for the wishes.
Thank you TESA for confirming.
Thank you Behemoth for the detailed explanation, helped a lot.

Can you experts also confirm about OEM tyres? I see, 'Goodyear Efficient Grip' as factory fitted OEM on my Hector Sharp CVT; ready for delivery.
Are these good or do we immediately need to upgrade to Michelin or at least Yokohama?
Old 8th January 2022, 15:32   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Can you experts also confirm about OEM tyres? I see, 'Goodyear Efficient Grip' as factory fitted OEM on my Hector Sharp CVT; ready for delivery.
Are these good or do we immediately need to upgrade to Michelin or at least Yokohama?
The tyres on our car are also Goodyear though I have earlier seen a few cars with Continental tyres too. But nowadays all Hector plus I saw in the 18 inch size were Goodyears. They are ok tyres and other brands like Michelin are better, but not available in the stock size of 215/ 55R18

Last edited by Behemoth : 8th January 2022 at 15:35.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:13   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

I have started my Hector Plus Ownership thread on the link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Adventures of our Grey Goose - MG Hector 6 seater Sharp Diesel Ownership Review)

If anyone has any queries regarding the car, please feel free to ask on my thread too.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:48   #566
BHPian

Quote:

I also have same tyres in my Hector. Nothing to complain. Performed well in panic scenarios when car was screeched to halt due to sudden braking. I have not searched for other brands.
FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 10:38   #567
BHPian

Quote:
...Can you experts also confirm about OEM tyres? I see, 'Goodyear Efficient Grip' as factory fitted OEM on my Hector Sharp CVT; ready for delivery.
I did think to upgrade from the stock Goodyear when I bought my Hector 2 years back but due to budget constraints had to skip it. After two years and 32000kms, the tyres are performing satisfactorily. I have had a grand total of 3 punctures (all in the same tyre albeit at different times). Ride is still very good over tar and slightly firm and loud over concrete. The inherent soft suspension does mask a lot of downsides, especially increasing hardness of the tyres. Have had a few panic breaking scenarios where they held up nicely.
Overall, stock tyres are good but given a chance I would love to upgrade to Michelins and expect to definitely switch to another brand once these start wearing out.
PGNarain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:33   #568
BHPian

A question for MG Hector Petrol Hybrid owners. For how many days you were able to keep your car (without driving), before you saw a significant dip in the 48V battery. Asking as my battery is at 48% for last 2 weeks and I have no plans of taking the car out for another couple of weeks
Old 25th January 2022, 12:20   #569
BHPian

Happy to announce a further improvement in my Mileage Quest.

(2020 HECTOR PETROL DCT)

This time driving through a lockdown night, maintaining 75kmph with AC, 3 occupants and luggage.

MG Hector : Official Review-photo20220123221907.jpg
satyanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 13:04   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
A question for MG Hector Petrol Hybrid owners. For how many days you were able to keep your car (without driving), before you saw a significant dip in the 48V battery. Asking as my battery is at 48% for last 2 weeks and I have no plans of taking the car out for another couple of weeks
I will keep an eye out for the numbers, as my car now stays parked for 2-3 days due to WFH making a comeback. However, I think I have not seen a noticeable loss in the charge.

Why do you want know, though?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks