Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 14:31   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm00 View Post
Welcome fellow BHPians

I purchased MG HECTOR sharp CVT in July 2021(driven 20000 km since purchase) as a replacemeny for my mg hector sharp hybrid that I was owning since 2020. .
Welcome to the forum

You replaced 2020 Hector with another Hector within a year. Wondering what led to the decision? Were you not happy with Hybrid or anything in particular wrong with the car?
Aviator_guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 00:05   #602
BHPian

Most of the Hector Petrol AT users I've spoken to, shared the same mileage figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayush_atish View Post
Hi guys,

I own Hector 2019 petrol DCT, one of the first lots. It will complete 3 years and with just 12k on the ODO, i have never managed to get more then 10 on highway and 6 in City.

Most recently on a trip i noted that car just gave me 4.9 kmpl. I am a very relaxed driver and have 2 kids and i never push the revs very hard.
satchit_bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 10:30   #603
Senior - BHPian

So just clocked 76000 Kms on my 2.5 year old Hector Diesel. Taking it in for service tomorrow and they're talking about a timing kit replacement - guess the timing belt and AC belt will be replaced, same is not covered under the maintenance plan. Has anyone got it done?

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2022 at 16:22. Reason: SMS lingo
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 17:11   #604
BHPian

Quote:
I own Hector 2019 petrol DCT, one of the first lots. It will complete 3 years and with just 12k on the ODO, i have never managed to get more then 10 on highway and 6 in City.

Most recently on a trip i noted that car just gave me 4.9 kmpl. I am a very relaxed driver and have 2 kids and i never push the revs very hard.
For me, in the city I get 7-9.5 and on the highways 11-12. And 4.9, I've never seen such a low mileage though. Driving sedated doesn't mean mileage will be good. The DCT has some weak areas where we should not push it, we should learn that to get better out of the machine.
For e.g., DCT takes few seconds to downshift from 4th/3rd to 2nd because it thinks we're accelerating but in reality we might have let go of the accelerator due to traffic or other obstacle in front. Later from this situation, when obstacle gets cleared and we try to accelerate immediately then it won't as it hasn't downshifted so during time we should not floor the pedal to downshift it. (All this happening in a few seconds timeframe). And this doesn't mean you're revving hard but still this driving pattern will gulp a lot of fuel leading to low mileage. You know what I mean.

Also did you try filling fuel from a different gas station (like shell) or try premium fuel? Once I was getting only 6-7 and i changed my fuel to shell the next time and same route I got 8-9. If nothing works out then you can reach out to service center.
darthvader001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 18:48   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
So just clocked 76000 Kms on my 2.5 year old Hector Diesel. Taking it in for service tomorrow and they're talking about a timing kit replacement - guess the timing belt and AC belt will be replaced, same is not covered under the maintenance plan. Has anyone got it done?
Do you have AMC of 5 years 75K km’s? I was under impression that planned changes as per schedule will be covered, not the ad hoc wear and tear components like brakes.
Old 10th August 2022, 07:07   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
Do you have AMC of 5 years 75K km’s? I was under impression that planned changes as per schedule will be covered, not the ad hoc wear and tear components like brakes.
I have the 5 years / 75k kms Classic AMC. Wear & tear items such as brakes etc are covered in the comprehensive plan. The regular replaceables like engine oil, filters etc are covered under the classic plan.
The point of contention is whether the timing belt is a wear & tear item or a scheduled change item.
Old 12th August 2022, 13:00   #607

Guidance needed on MG Hector

Hi All,

I am a newbie so apologies if I ask any absurd questions. I currently own a swift vxi 2011 model with around 82k running. I recently booked a mg Hector cvt sharp AT. I have been told a waiting period of 2 to 3 months. The booking was made in July with Krishav agencies in Malad, Mumbai.. so i am halfway through the waiting period. A few questions, I hope the experts here can help with

1) The price is locked (no discount or offer) which i can't really fight, given the demand
2) I am saving a bit by means of a BH registration.
3) I considered an external insurance through acko but the dealer whilst is agreeing to it, he said that the MG insurance coverage is much better and has not yet offered to match the acko pricing

Wanted a bit of guidance on how to proceed in terms of insurance. Is it worth taking the insurance from acko or should I push the vendor to match the quote.
Old 14th August 2022, 07:27   #608
BHPian

Quote:
2) I am saving a bit by means of a BH registration
Does this really save? Because you will have to keep renewing every 2 years unlike state registration which is upfront. Only advantage is that the amount is calculated on invoice value of car which excludes GST. So may be a small saving.

Quote:
3) I considered an external insurance through acko but the dealer whilst is agreeing to it, he said that the MG insurance coverage is much better and has not yet offered to match the acko pricing
Compare the coverage of Acko vs MG Secure Elite plans. Mg secure elite has really good coverage. So push them to match the insurance which they usually do and try to take MG secure. It's good in coverage (rodent, engine, Rti, Nil dep, Rsa, key, tire & rim etc) and since it is MG's own, later claims will easily processed. Usually the dealerships give discount in the insurance only, so try. The dealership also has pressure to try get insurance and loan processing done with them for every car, that's where they make the money.

In the Acko, which company you're getting? Icici or Go digit etc. ?
Old 16th August 2022, 15:49   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader001 View Post
For me, in the city I get 7-9.5 and on the highways 11-12. And 4.9, I've never seen such a low mileage though. Driving sedated doesn't mean mileage will be good. The DCT has some weak areas where we should not push it, we should learn that to get better out of the machine.
For e.g., DCT takes few seconds to downshift from 4th/3rd to 2nd because it thinks we're accelerating but in reality we might have let go of the accelerator due to traffic or other obstacle in front. Later from this situation, when obstacle gets cleared and we try to accelerate immediately then it won't as it hasn't downshifted so during time we should not floor the pedal to downshift it. (All this happening in a few seconds timeframe). And this doesn't mean you're revving hard but still this driving pattern will gulp a lot of fuel leading to low mileage. You know what I mean.

Also did you try filling fuel from a different gas station (like shell) or try premium fuel? Once I was getting only 6-7 and i changed my fuel to shell the next time and same route I got 8-9. If nothing works out then you can reach out to service center.
So i did refuel from same gas station. I recently went on trip to Sariska from Delhi. Did a tank full (INR 6000) and about 514 Km To and Fro the car gulped addition 2k fuel. When I was home, the fuel came on reserve.

If i do straight calculation it is a very very poor average even on a highway. And this is when I kept the car below 2500 RPM all throughout with some ocassional power blast.

I understand what you mean and i am quite aware of DCT characteristics. I do drive smooth and sedate. Even then it's giving me this average. I feel it's something wrong with my car from day 1.

Let's see will send it in couple of days for service and maintenance and will share this feedback but i know they will deny about any issue in the car. According to them the car gives 10kmpl minimum which is funny.
Old 16th August 2022, 18:28   #610
BHPian

Quote:
If i do straight calculation it is a very very poor average even on a highway. And this is when I kept the car below 2500 RPM all throughout with some ocassional power blast.
How much is the mileage showing in the ismart mobile App? You can compare.
Old 18th August 2022, 21:25   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader001 View Post
Does this really save? Because you will have to keep renewing every 2 years unlike state registration which is upfront. Only advantage is that the amount is calculated on invoice value of car which excludes GST. So may be a small saving.

Compare the coverage of Acko vs MG Secure Elite plans. Mg secure elite has really good coverage. So push them to match the insurance which they usually do and try to take MG secure. It's good in coverage (rodent, engine, Rti, Nil dep, Rsa, key, tire & rim etc) and since it is MG's own, later claims will easily processed. Usually the dealerships give discount in the insurance only, so try. The dealership also has pressure to try get insurance and loan processing done with them for every car, that's where they make the money.

In the Acko, which company you're getting? Icici or Go digit etc. ?
Thank you so much for a detailed response. And sorry, it took me a while to revert. The insurance is from Acko. And yes, the MG SA did mention the above points. As a parallel conversation the Mahindra dealer reached out to me stating that they have an AX5 AT 5 seater but in silver color. This opens up a conundrum of sorts for me. ng. So now I am unsure, the 700 is undoubtedly a beast and Mahindra service is top notch but with no ADAS and steering mounted controls.. Is it a good buy or should I say goodbye to Mahindra and stick to MG
Old 19th August 2022, 22:09   #612
BHPian

Quote:
As a parallel conversation the Mahindra dealer reached out to me stating that they have an AX5 AT 5 seater but in silver color. This opens up a conundrum of sorts for me. ng. So now I am unsure, the 700 is undoubtedly a beast and Mahindra service is top notch but with no ADAS and steering mounted controls.. Is it a good buy or should I say goodbye to Mahindra and stick to MG
Well it's a hard decision that you need to take. Is the Hector also available in the same timing? By the way Hector also doesn't have ADAS unless you want to wait for the facelift Savvy variant with higher price tag.

Really there are no steering wheel controls in XUV AX5? This is 2022 and still SWC is not there. Got curious and saw a AX5 video on youtube, seriously there are no SWC on the RHS. It is such an eye sore and imagine driving it everyday. Of course, we may get used to it but still. There could be some other substitute controls if not ADAS such an eye sore.
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:34   #613
BHPian

So, I took my MG Sharp CVT 2022 for the first time ever on the highway after its first service and 1K on the odo. I was pleasantly surprised that it returned a mileage of 13Kmpl. Though, not great but I am still happy as I was getting only 5 to 8 in normal city driving conditions. I had cruise control enabled for 60% of the route at 95Kmph.
MG Hector : Official Review-hectormileagehighway.jpeg
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:45   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm00 View Post
Welcome fellow BHPians
👉Mileage
My daily driving is of about 100 km , 65km in city , 35 on highway .I drive in ECO mode with the blower speed set at 4 , temp 20°C , throttle input medium to hard , without using cruise control
I drive between 90 to 110km/hr and the car returns about 11-12 kmpl.
In winters with the ac switched off , it returns about 13-14kmpl .
If driven gently upto 80 km/hr can return 15-16 kmpl
In purely city driving , with max speed 60 km/hr and moderate to heavy traffic expect 9-10 kmpl.
I am getting envious of your mileage figures! I have CVT 2022 and never ever have I seen anything over 10kmpl for city driving with moderate traffic and light foot. The best I was able to achieve was 13Kmpl on an expressway with cruise control.
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:07   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellraiser View Post
As a parallel conversation the Mahindra dealer reached out to me stating that they have an AX5 AT 5 seater but in silver color. This opens up a conundrum of sorts for me. ng. So now I am unsure, the 700 is undoubtedly a beast and Mahindra service is top notch but with no ADAS and steering mounted controls.. Is it a good buy or should I say goodbye to Mahindra and stick to MG
This is indeed quite close!

I understand the AX5 AT doesnt have TPMS, curtain airbags, powered front seats, smart car features, and automatic headlamp and wipers, reverse camera and climate control, apart from ADAS and steering mounted control. Ventilated seats and powered tailgates also arent there with any variant of the XUV7OO.

But it does have the powerful 2L turbo petrol engine. The economy might be a little worse off, but not too much.

Prices would be about the same vis-a-vis a Hector Sharp CVT

So if you value comfort and features, you may stick to the Hector. But if it is the engine you want, then switch to the XUV.

(Other tangibles may well be involved such as looks, family opinion etc)
RiverRanger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks