Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 13:21   #151
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

Spotted this test Triber with emission testing kit in Pune few days ago, probably going towards ARAI.

Name:  IMG20220914WA00003.jpg
Views: 2281
Size:  83.8 KB
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 20:45   #152
BANNED

Model : Triber RXZ MT Cedar Brown
Date of booking: 23 April 2022
Date of delivery : 07 June 2022

BH registration.

Purchased from RENAULT MATHURA ROAD for:

1. Promptly followed up with Renault and delivering vehicle (Manufactured on 28 May 2022) of required color within 45 days.
2. Ex-showroom price protection against revised price effective 1 June 2022.

Post delivery, they were lethargic in processing RC, spoiler, extended warranty.

Vehicle Performace is OK. Can feel gear lever vibrations in first and second gear. Engine is true to it's badge ENERGY engine. Turbo is not required.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber : Official Review-img_20220915_203515.jpg  

Renault Triber : Official Review-img20220607wa00333.jpg  

Renault Triber : Official Review-img_20220915_203022.jpg  

Renault Triber : Official Review-img_20220915_203427.jpg  

Travel Bright is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:43   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post

Only fly in the ointment is the Engine. It lacks necessary punch that is needed on highway. However it looks like Renault will never launch it.
Hello everyone,

I am still perplexed as to why everyone is concerned about the engine, even after 3 years of the launch.

I got my Triber RXZ delivered on 8th September 2019. Yes, from the first batch itself and I have remained a proud owner ever since.
No doubt I had my own share of niggles here and there, which Renault managed professionally and that too free of charge.

Please understand that you are paying just 8 lakhs for such a lovely vehicle which claims itself to be an MPV not an SUV..

With full capacity of adults and 3 kids, I have covered Matheran Hill drives, Lonavala/Khandala Points, Raigad Fort hills, several expressways and never felt that I am stuck in any dangerous situation or the engine is unable to cope up with.

My vehicle has clocked 50K in these 3 years and it has remained my trusted workhorse ever since. I get an efficiency of 15.6Kmpl in my 60% city, 40% highway drive.

This is a vehicle for family persons who love to enjoy the company and are light footed. It is simply not for the ‘floor the pedal’ guys wanting adrenaline rush.

I have two pets, a Lhasa Apso and a Persian kitty. They get ample room in my car and since the suspension of triber is way better than comparabale and even pricier cars, neither my family nor my pets ever feel uneasy over pot holes, which are quite widespread in Mumbai these days…
shashank8986 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:56   #154

Hi

Recently I had taken a Renault Triber RXE+ Manual car on rent for self-drive. I was amazed to experience the value that this car offers. We went to Konkan coast via Tamhini ghat with 7 people on-board and with AC ON through-out and was surprised with the 72 Bhp 96 Nm torque engine's performance. Occasionally, when I needed to slow down due to the vehicle ahead or a bad patch on the road, the engine takes a while to regain its speed, however it is manageable. Once it crosses 2.5K+ rpm, the engine performs well. Overall, the 3-cylinder engine is a gem of an engine that is very much capable of taking 7 people from point A to point B. The suspension on Triber is also found to be good and it absorbs bad patches well. The seating comfort in all 3 rows is good and Renault has done excellent job on space and seating management. The car holds good in 3rd or 4th gear when we need to slow down in city area and downshifting is not needed most of the times, which makes it a perfect city car as well. The mileage may not be as good as Maruti; however, it is not bad either. For my usage, it offered around 13.7 kmpl with ~70% on state highway/ghat sections and 30% within city area.

The Tamhini ghat road is overall in excellent shape post monsoon, except at couple of places where road work was in progress.

I found Renault Triber offering a great value as a package, and I've become a fan of it. Way to go Renault.
TorqTSN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 13:19   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqTSN View Post
Hi

I was amazed to experience the value that this car offers.

I found Renault Triber offering a great value as a package, and I've become a fan of it. Way to go Renault.
Absolutely true. Those who have experienced the Triber will fully agree. It offers excellent value for money in terms of space and seating flexibility.
Old 1st December 2022, 07:55   #156

Hi,
Can someone confirm whether easy-r version is good automatic or not?
Old 11th December 2022, 09:21   #157
BHPian

Any news on facelift or turbo version of Triber? I am not in a hurry and can wait for my next car. But there seems to be no excitement in the Triber forum. Its been three years since launch. Renault needs to spice things up.
Old 14th December 2022, 15:09   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
Hi,
Can someone confirm whether easy-r version is good automatic or not?
My automatic variant with 4000+ km in the odo gives me around 9-10kmpl in the city - 95% of the driving is inside the city. When I take it to the highways, I get 15+kmpl.

What I have observed is that the gear changes are set at a high level. So it changes the gears at high rpm or only after it reaches a specific speed. The noise of the engine during this time is very unpleasant. I’m driving in manual mode only for now. This is my only concern. Else, it's a great practical car that will check most of the boxes - decent interiors, good features for the price, great inside space, better suspension, and ground clearance.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 19:31   #159
BHPian

Hi all,

I am exploring to buy Renault Triber and I had a few questions for the group:

- How is the gearbox for the AMT. I have Ignis AMT already, and just wanted to check compared to Maruti AMT boxes, will this be better/worse?

- I have left hope of Turbo Engine, but still wanted to ask one last time, if there is any rumours on this?

- I saw some messages/videos in the thread around cars catching on fire. Was there any response from Renault, owners on root cause? Is this something we need to worry about?

- Have users been able to cruise on highways at 120 or so, especially on expressways? I know reaching these speeds will take time, but will it create any other problems to maintain these speeds like overheating, high revs for long time. That may have big impact on mileage also.

- Speaking on mileage, how much would AMT cars give in city like Bangalore in city traffic? Would it give > 10km/L.

- How are the OEM tyres in RXZ version, does it need upsize/better rubbers or for the power on tap, it does the job?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th December 2022, 21:59   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi all,

I am exploring to buy Renault Triber and I had a few questions for the group:

- Have users been able to cruise on highways at 120 or so, especially on expressways? I know reaching these speeds will take time, but will it create any other problems to maintain these speeds like overheating, high revs for long time. That may have big impact on mileage also.

- How are the OEM tyres in RXZ version, does it need upsize/better rubbers or for the power on tap, it does the job?

Thanks in advance.
Hello! I will only speak on the quoted points, as a previous Triber RXZ MT owner:

1) I drove from Manali (Himachal Pradesh) to Kalimpong (West Bengal) last year with my wife, son and lots of luggage inside the car. The car can easily do 120Km/Hr on the expressways, but the cabin noise increases after 100Km/Hr, you will need to turn up the volume of the Music System to compensate that. I even took my car up to 142Km/Hr on the Yamuna Expressway for a few seconds! I drove 4 days continuously for around 10-12 hours to reach there, and had no problem of the engine overheating (despite running with both ACs on) or Tyres overheating or bursting on the expressways, so do not worry about that!

2) My RXZ came with the wider tyres from the factory itself, and it was a very different experience from the Test Drive vehicle we drove with the narrower tyres. The wider shoes had better grip, cornering ability and provided a good suspension to the drives we did. I had to change 1 tyre due to a tyre burst, but I bought a same model and size tyre and fitted that, and never changed my tyres or upsized in the 2.5 years I spent with my vehicle.

You can check my ownership review here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...tric-blue.html (Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue))

Hope it helps!

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 15th December 2022 at 22:02.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 10:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post

- I have left hope of Turbo Engine, but still wanted to ask one last time, if there is any rumours on this?
One of the recent YT videos mentioned Renault might showcase the Triber with Turbo engine at the Auto Expo 2023. It might just be a guess or rumor. But you might want to wait till the Auto-Expo.
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:58   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The car can easily do 120Km/Hr on the expressways, but the cabin noise increases after 100Km/Hr, you will need to turn up the volume of the Music System to compensate that. I even took my car up to 142Km/Hr on the Yamuna Expressway for a few seconds!
Reaching speeds of 140 or even 120 is a very slow process in this car. Like someone already commented above this car is strictly for those who are light footed and people who love to travel with their tribe
And just to add, I have been a happy owner since November 2019 and never been disappointed with the car except for the thrill seeking part when I floor the pedal
Ev_junkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev_junkie View Post
Reaching speeds of 140 or even 120 is a very slow process in this car. Like someone already commented above this car is strictly for those who are light footed and people who love to travel with their tribe
But that is a good thing! I belive in the quote, "With great power comes great responsibility", and even though I now own a 138bhp/350Nm beast, I do not drive it any faster than I did my Triber. Not that it can not go faster, but because it is safer within sane speeds to control and stop in case of emergencies.

People brag about covering the distances I do in slightly shorter time, as they drove like crazy. Ask others who were on the road, what do they think about driving of such people, blaring their horns, overtaking on every space possible, putting pressure on their engines and brakes to pick up speeds and stop after the overtaking is complete.

As a BHP-ian, I prefer to show responsibility in the way I drive, keep all my passengers belted up at all times, including my kids in their car seats, and drive within the prescribed speed limits as much as possible, if I can read them on the roadside!

Yes, I can be one of the people who shoots past every car on the National or State Highways, but for my own safety and for the safety of people in my car, I choose not to.

That 142Km/Hr also was for just a few seconds, just to know the true top limit of my car on an empty stretch of such a wide highway, but if you asked me to drive at those speeds throughout the route, I would prefer not to, whether it takes time to reach those speeds in a Triber, or is easily done in an Aria!

Congratulations on the Triber, it is a wonderful car for the price it comes in, and I hope it serves you well, like mine did to me for the 2.5 years I owned mine for.

As a parting tribute to it's capabilities of driving in the snowy conditions of Manali, here is the last video in the series of "Renault Triber Snow Drives":-

AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:23   #164

Renault has launched new features like Electronic Stability Program (ESP), traction control, Hill Start Assist (HSA) and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in the 2023 version of triber. These features are available with models that are code worded 'M23 new'.

Recently, I booked a triber in Renault whitefield, Bangalore. It was very clearly mentioned in the booking mail that 'RXZ AMT M23 NEW' has been booked. One week after the booking, the salesperson informed me that the vehicle has come and I can come and inspect the car and make the payment. He said that he is going on leave and another salesperson will help me in the process. When I asked for the VIN and engine number of the car, the salesperson kept promising that he will share the numbers in 5-10 minutes but never shared the details.

A day later, the sales manager told me that these details can't be shared without receiving atleast 50-60% of the payment. I denied the demand and said that I am fine with cancelling the booking if the details can't be shared with me. She then shared the details using which I found that even though the month of manufacture was January 2023, the model was 'M21 new', which meant an older version of the vehicle without any of the new features.

Upon detecting the deceitful actions, I decided to cancel the booking. The sales manager then called me repeatedly pleading to give them a second chance to correct their mistake. I did not feel like rejecting her request and told that she could go ahead with the booking.

When I later requested for a tentative date for the date of delivery, she stopped replying again. Fed up with the experiences, I told them to cancel the booking again.

They are now playing up to refund my booking amount. They asked for a cancelled cheque. Since I told that I have stopped using cheque long ago, they asked me for a bank account statement. Upon sharing the bank account statement, they are saying that the first few numbers of the bank account number in the statement are XXXX, so, they can't accept the bank statement and proceed with the refund. I'm not sure how to proceed. I hope team-BHP will be able to guide me in the next steps.
shambho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 06:39   #165
BHPian

Hi,

Ever since Kiger was launched, there have been rumours that a Turbo variant of Triber will be launched soon. Any new around if it's getting launched any time soon?

Most Viewed