Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 19:00   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Hi all, we are looking to add Triber to our garage. I feel this car can be quite comfortable for long journeys without costing too much. Can the existing owners please tell how much can we recline the front co passenger seat. Is something loke this possible- https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...-crysta-08.jpg ? I believe that this setup really give you that proper bed mode without compromising on safety.
Sadly the front seat backrest cannot recline beyond around 30-40 degrees from it's vertical position. I used the driver seat slid forwards and reclined as much back as possible to rest during my recent drives between Manali to Kalimpong. It is quite a sprightly car as a 5 seater even on the highways, I touched triple digit speeds wherever legally possible on the expressways.

My expenses for the drive were Rs.16K for 2295 kilometres, with AC on most of the times (60% approx). Got an average of around 14.7Km/L on this trip.

Sadly no seat back of the Triber gives a good bed mode, and hence I cannot use my Triber for overlanding. But it is a good vehicle for day to day use and short enough to be parked with ease anywhere, whilst also having a long wheelbase and good ground clearance.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 21:48   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Sadly the front seat backrest cannot recline beyond around 30-40 degrees from it's vertical position.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m also considering a used BR-V for our second car. Though going by your experience, Triber seems to be more than good enough for highway usage.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th October 2021 at 08:44. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Aakash118 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

I'm sitting in the car at the neighbourhood grocery store and a Triber pulls up right next to me. A big, big thumbs up to the Renault team for their way of making the wheel covers seems so damn close to alloys.

I had actually thought that they were alloys, but upon looking close saw that there was a lip on the outside and supports between the spokes.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber : Official Review-20211020_115524.jpg  

akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 21:07   #124
BHPian

Hi All,

I've been scouting used Tribers in and around Pune for sometime. Wanted BHPians' opinion on two of the finds.

- Red Dec 2019 Registered Triber RXTwith just 27xx km on the Odo. This is basically a brand new car with 5.9L (non-negotiable) being the asking price. I did check out the vehicle and could not spot anything wrong with it.

- Orange 2020 (June) Triber RXT with 35xxx km on the odo. This vehicle has been (ab)used quite well. It is a June 2020 registered vehicle. 35k km in just over a year (of which 3-4 months lost due to lockdown) seems quite high. Other noticable things on the vehicle -
- Some dents here and there.
- There is a humming noise from the front AC fan.
- There are some vibrations when the AC is switched on (compressor? )
- All 4 tyres need to be changed.
- Wheel balancing and alignment to be done.
- Oil stains on the seats.
- Some squeaks and rattles from door pads.
The asking price on this one is 5L in as is condition. Seller is ready to get everything corrected for an additional 15k.

I've asked for 4.5L for the vehicle as is but the seller refuses to go below 5L.

Request owners to quip with their opinion on both the above. I feel the orange car is a good deal even at 5L. However, I'm skeptical if the seller is to be believed and 15k would be enough to get everything sorted with that car.

The red car is almost brand spanking new. The quoted rate is non-negotiable though.

Assuming I take the orange car for 5L and shell out another 25k to get it upto shape. For an additional 50k, I'm getting a slightly older, but barely used vehicle. But the asking rate of 5.9L is pushing my budget quite a bit.

Your inputs would be valuable.
Old 25th October 2021, 21:52   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post
Hi All,

I've been scouting used Tribers in and around Pune for sometime. Wanted BHPians' opinion on two of the finds.
Assuming I take the orange car for 5L and shell out another 25k to get it upto shape. For an additional 50k, I'm getting a slightly older, but barely used vehicle. But the asking rate of 5.9L is pushing my budget quite a bit.

Your inputs would be valuable.
Are these automatic or manual? I have no idea about the resale price of Triber, but assuming they are in market range:

My suggestion is that the first car is rare find. Go for it. 50k for peace of mind is a very cheap price to pay. If the seller hasn't corrected any problems with the vehicle for his use, you can bet he will do a shoddy job fixing them for selling. Even if first one wasn't there, I wouldn't consider the second one.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 22:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Red Dec 2019 Registered Triber RXTwith just 27xx km on the Odo. This is basically a brand new car with 5.9L (non-negotiable) being the asking price. I did check out the vehicle and could not spot anything wrong with it.
Between the two I will pick the sub 3k km car. By the time this car reaches 30k you would have owned it for a year or two. Between the two you will pay 50k more at the max to pick the red car. That's worth the difference for the practically new car.

But if you are not in a hurry, be ready to walk out of both the deals if the price is high. With newer turbo engine the next generation will be a hot buy and you can either pick the newer better engine car, new, or a much reduced aka depreciated older tribers.

The ask is how long can you wait?

Last edited by VW2010 : 25th October 2021 at 22:55.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 08:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Are these automatic or manual? I have no idea about the resale price of Triber, but assuming they are in market range:

My suggestion is that the first car is rare find. Go for it. 50k for peace of mind is a very cheap price to pay. If the seller hasn't corrected any problems with the vehicle for his use, you can bet he will do a shoddy job fixing them for selling. Even if first one wasn't there, I wouldn't consider the second one.
These are both Manual vehicles. I agree on the second part. I'd rather get the vehicle for 4.5L from him and fix it up myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
But if you are not in a hurry, be ready to walk out of both the deals if the price is high. With newer turbo engine the next generation will be a hot buy and you can either pick the newer better engine car, new, or a much reduced aka depreciated older tribers.

The ask is how long can you wait?
I can wait a month or two. I haven't heard any rumours of the turbo engine coming in the Triber though. If you've got any sources, what would be the expected timeline for this new launch?
Old 14th November 2021, 21:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
However, he did some research on the car and found 6 videos of the car going up in flames!
Make that 7! Saw in news another one. This time in Kerala. Eventhough they have not mentioned the make and model from the visuals its clearly a Triber!
Old 19th December 2021, 11:39   #129
BHPian

This is scary. Any further details on what is causing the fires?
Old 31st December 2021, 23:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

I just read about the Flex Wheel of the Triber and wanted to confirm if the picture below is an Actual Alloy or Flex Wheel?

Name:  Alloy.png
Views: 1747
Size:  173.4 KB
Old 31st December 2021, 23:53   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I just read about the Flex Wheel of the Triber and wanted to confirm if the picture below is an Actual Alloy or Flex Wheel?

Attachment 2252424
This design is of the OEM Alloy Wheel accessory. The Flex Wheel Rim is of different design with 5 spokes and 4 lug nuts.

Renault Triber : Official Review-screenshot_20211231235153185_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

This is the design of the flex wheels.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:02   #132
BHPian

It's 2022, any news about the Triber getting a turbo boost this year? I have been waiting to buy this car but it's the underpowered engine that's keeping me from pulling the trigger. I can't seem to find a comparable sub 4m car with the space flexibility that Triber provides.
Old 28th January 2022, 14:23   #133
BHPian

Just saw an Autocar India video that mentions the turbo variant will be launched in early 2022. Given that MY21 was launched in Mar 2021 let's hope the turbo shows up in another two months.

sanspatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 17:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Just saw an Autocar India video that mentions the turbo variant will be launched in early 2022. Given that MY21 was launched in Mar 2021 let's hope the turbo shows up in another two months.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=sW3q15IkTpM&t=1289s
I guess we both are in same boat. Hope your wish comes true

Considering that Renault did a minor update on the existing vehicle in August 2021 i guess its little too early for them to launch the turbo version which i am so waiting for.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:16   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
I guess we both are in same boat. Hope your wish comes true

Considering that Renault did a minor update on the existing vehicle in August 2021 i guess its little too early for them to launch the turbo version which i am so waiting for.
I'd say the Aug 2021 changes were more cost cutting measures to keep the ex-showroom prices intact against rising input costs. So let's continue to be hopeful

My wife isn't still convinced about the Triber as she feels it's a cheaply built car. That's hardly surprising given she is used to the build quality of the Polo. But with a kid and a large dog now, the Polo is too crammed for long drives. I am convinced that the Triber is the practical choice for a small footprint car that can take the extended family for city runs and a good 4/5 seater with a large boot for longer drives. So I too am waiting for the turbo upgrade (hopefully with a CVT auto). If it doesn't show up in 2/3 months I may just end up buying the one with the NA engine.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks