Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2021, 15:00   #106

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
4 Starts to the Triber!

On an impressive note, Renault Triber scored 4 stars when put to a crash test with the following features:
1. Dual Air Bags
2. ABS and EBD
3. Driver Seatbelt Pretensioner
4. Front Seat Belt Reminder
5. Rear Parking Sensors and Speed Alert.

Going by the price range, the number of safety features and the crash test rating, Renault is doing good for its Indian buyers; I wonder what is making other market-leading brands not follow the same!

However, the Body Shell was rated to be UNSTABLE.

Take a look at the test your self folks:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=FpOVIvNNiE8
Body Shell Unstable seems common across this 7-seater segment. Even the Ertiga which was rated 3 stars - body shell was rated as Unstable.

Even the Tiago had Unstable. Only exception is Altroz which was stable.
Old 1st June 2021, 15:12   #107
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable performance from the Triber, that too with such a cramped engine bay. Only thing left to do is get it with the superb 1.0L turbo.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:17   #108
BHPian

This result should put a silence in the mouths of people who have been bashing this to be an unsafe platform. Time for the common Indian to wake up and choose cars/brands wisely, rather than blindly falling trap to the "kitna deti hai" and "feature loaded"
ganadrive16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:16   #109

The 4 Star Safety rating has really shaken me ! I was very much interested with Triber to purchase as my 5.5 year Old Alto-800 which was at 23k Odo started to show Rusting at multiple places due to Sea Breeze (My house is pretty near the beach at Chennai)

I had a 7L OTR target in Chennai and was really motivated to purchase RXL variant. Except for the Engine it was an awesome package. On the flip side there was lot of reviews on Youtube by Desi guys who were commenting on various issues / poor build quality etc. Finally purchased Tiago just because of 4 Star rating as within my budget nothing else was fitting in. (Just 2 months back )

Had this 4 star rating thing came on earlier I would have been a proud owner of Triber

Waiting for 1.0L Turbo on Triber which would be killer
letsgo2016 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:00   #110
BHPian

Any news on the turbo version launch? I am planning to purchase soon, but would definitely wait for the turbo version if it's coming in a few months.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 19:17   #111
BHPian

A friend of mine had asked me to recommend him a practical car for city runs. Since his budget was around 8 lakhs and he needed loads of boot space, I suggested him the Renault Triber. However, he did some research on the car and found 6 videos of the car going up in flames! He asked me what the cause could be, but I wasn’t sure, so posting these here. He likes the car but is scared about going ahead with it. Would it be safe for him to proceed? I had personally never heard of any such issues on the Triber. I have told him that this could be due to shoddy electrical modifications or aftermarket CNG kits. I believe the large boot space could encourage a lot of people to buy the Triber for installing CNG kits, but I am just taking a guess here.

Old 9th September 2021, 12:10   #112

We've booked a Triber RXL AMT and I was looking at the accessories list and saw an engine guard option and was wondering if it was a good option and if any Triber owners on the forum have opted to fit the engine guard?

I was concerned that squirrels and rats might find the floor of the engine guard as a place to build a "nest" or whatever it is they build.

Any suggestions/tips would be much appreciated.

Apologies about the poor image quality, it was the only one I could find.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber : Official Review-engine-guard-triber.jpg  

Old 17th September 2021, 20:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the authenticity, but there is a news article about spotting of Triber Turbo variant

https://www.carblogindia.com/exclusi...CM9j_uI4N_k_Q8
Old 19th September 2021, 09:08   #114
Senior - BHPian

Another hidden feature of the Triber I got to notice recently. Even our Official Review didn't capture this minute detail.

Anti-Pinch Window on the Driver side.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 12:13   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Another hidden feature of the Triber I got to notice recently. Even our Official Review didn't capture this minute detail.

Thanks @AdityaDeane, is the Anti-pinch power window feature available only in the top end RXZ variant?

I have been considering the RXL AMT variant, since it offers 3rd row AC vents, which is important for me.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Thanks @AdityaDeane, is the Anti-pinch power window feature available only in the top end RXZ variant?

I have been considering the RXL AMT variant, since it offers 3rd row AC vents, which is important for me.

I have asked my viewers to let me know in the comments section if it is available in other variants also or not, but haven't heard back from anyone till now. Will update here if they confirm the availability of this in other variants also.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:33   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
You might want to consider booking one soon, if you're particular on the RXL variant, because Renault now offers second and third row AC vents only on the RXT variant.
jnanesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 10:47   #118
BHPian

I test drove this car as a part of the selection process for my extended family.
Was really impressed the value proposition it offers.

For <10 lakhs on-road you get a very usable 3rd row.

A very tractable engine to putter around town even with a full load.

Can be taken on the highway and is sprightly till 90 kmph. And not to forget its 4 star rating which kind of gives you a peace of mind.

Awesome suspension setup. Though not Duster level , but much better than most of the cars I drove. A very comfortable car to be driven around in.

I felt it was quicker off the block than the Kiger which I drove back to back (will update my points on the Kiger in its thread).

Maybe because of the better lower end torque in Triber and of course the turbo wouldn't have spooled up in the Kiger yet. And the engine is extremely frugal too.

The dash doesn't look cheap at all even though it has hard plastics all around. The dual glove boxes are a USP too.

The middle row which is adjustable for track and angle are comfortable too.

I am 5'11 and i was comfortable sitting in the 3rd row too.

The AC vents , Head Unit look good too. If i had to nitpick then it would be the speedo cluster. Looks a bit cheap. Sad fonts and dull display.

Overall a very impressive and likeable car.

Got to know from an acquaintance that the turbo might not come soon as they haven's localized the engine yet and its still imported from Indonesia for the Kiger(not sure though) and hence will push up the cost of Triber turbo by a fair margin which will kill off its value proposition.

If I were in a market then I would go for the AMT version, remove the 3rd row, Fold the 2nd row and then put in a bed for half the width ,load up the other half and go on a tour around India.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 07:18   #119
Senior - BHPian

Here's a video about the Bonnet Lock change being done via a recall issued by Renault India in August 2021.

The video is in Hindi, but the photos of the step by step process, and added captions make it self explanatory for non Hindi speaking people as well.
Old 14th October 2021, 16:14   #120
BHPian

Hi all, we are looking to add Triber to our garage. I feel this car can be quite comfortable for long journeys without costing too much. Can the existing owners please tell how much can we recline the front co passenger seat. Is something loke this possible- https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...-crysta-08.jpg ? I believe that this setup really give you that proper bed mode without compromising on safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks