Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Great post However, anyone doing a recent Venue diesel review? I am very interested even if I'm pointed to a vetted (which is why seeking Team BHPians' guidance) one anywhere even outside, please!
Old 29th January 2022, 08:50   #92

This is my first post, although I have been a member for quite some years now. Active Reader since ages, even before I joined. Thanks Team-BHP

Brief background
Living in Chennai with wife, 8 yr daughter and 80 yr father. Work in IT.

Cars owned previously - Maruti Zen (2004), Accent CRDI (2007 - used), Ritz Petrol (2011).
Note: I got an used Accent since I stayed in Pune temporarily for about 2-3 years only. I loved all my cars, they were all "gems" in their own ways.

Wanted an upgrade, and started car search in Oct/Nov 2020. Here were the requirements

1. Budget - around 11 lakhs
2. Stay contemporary (didn't want to be left behind)
3. Did not prefer a sedan (I'm 5'11'', big frame. sedans are generally low seating, limited head room and generally non-compact for city).
4. Don't drive a lot; but whenever I drive, it is definitely not sedate. Preferred metro, shared rides for office commutes as much as possible in the pre-covid era. Now it is WFH and is likely to be a hybrid(50% WFH) going forward too. Occasional highway trips will definitely be there.
5. Automatic
6. Petrol over Diesel
7. Rear AC Vents
8. Sunroof (the only ask from my kid)

Choices - Actually, basis requirements, I landed directly in C-SUV segment. I'm not sure if I had any other option. Of course could have gone for lower-order mid-size SUVs (Creta, Seltos etc.), but automatic options were priced higher (atleast 4L plus) & of course missing on lots of features.

So the C-SUV options were,
1. Brezza - Felt a little dated, again petrol automatic was not great, no sun-roof etc. Definitely not cheap either.
2. Nexon - Again reviews on petrol automatic was not great. Not cheap either. EV, was over my budget. Did not justify my driving pattern and moreover owning a single car (an EV) at this point was not a good option. I feel that there is lot more quick progressions in all fronts(charging infra, battery sizing and performance etc.) likely in 2-3 years.
3. Magnite - Good car which ticked all my requirements, except sunroof. Relatively cheaper. Infact the only car in this segment with 360 camera option I think. Couldn't discount sunroof and wasn't sure about Nissan
4. Sonet - All ticks, but the top end petrol automatic was about 1.4L expensive than it is Hyundai cousin. Of course, there were additional features/aspects like Bose sound system, marginally bigger boot, better GC (205mm Vs 195), "leather" ventilated seats, rear window curtain, ambient lights, bigger infotainment unit, front sensor etc. to justify the additional cost. But I still didn't feel justified given that it is the same engine. Moreover, I had already crossed my planned budget 11L. Did not want to increase it further. Also, most importantly, I liked the Venue looks than Sonet. Seltos is definitely good looking than Sonet (Tiger Vs Cat, subdued in my opinion). However, I do agree that Venue rear is a little bummer.
5. Venue - I think this was the only option I had, given that there was something or the other that personally didn't work for me in all the other options. Again, there were multiple engine and gearbox options to choose from here, over and above the trims which was the next decision point.

Chosen One - Venue

With respect to trims, I decided to go for the top-end whichever engine and gear option I chose, because I have only been buying mid variants till now. Wanted to break this.

1.2 NA Petrol didn't sound interesting, since I felt that it wasn't the engine for CSUV. My Ritz had 1.2 NA. Contemplated on the diesel instead of turbo petrol for a while because I heard that 1.5 diesel was VFM given the Venue was compact. But there was no automatic (Sonet had it though) and hence had to drop it off.

So I was left with DCT Vs iMT now. Top end Sport trim was the choice. Again, I was reading about DCT and iMT, both were new to me. Friends and cousins suggested DCT since it was a fully automatic, no-nonsense types. iMT was something that I wanted to try since I will have the option to downshift whenever I want to and can enjoy best of both worlds (no clutch driving along with a 6 speed gear). The primary reason for me preferring automatic is to be easy on the leg. iMT serves this purpose. Otherwise I enjoy shifting gears. Also, I thought I will have less maintenance issues and stay away from the risk on DCT reliability. I also thought that iMT will give me better control over turbo lag, fuel efficiency over DCT. I think I was wrong here, i.e. the lag & efficiency was probably managed well by DCT.

Anyways, the higher cost of DCT (50k more than iMT) with loss of features like 60:40 split, airbags (only 2 and not 6) even in the top trim made me go for iMT.

Booking - 1.0 Turbo GDI iMT Sport SX (O) Dual Tone

I went with Kun and informed them it was a corporate booking. The sales person was prompt and he had already connected to my corporate lease providers. I think this helped a bit to get my car earlier, which I realized later. Booked on April 4th, was told about 45 days as it was kind of "order to make". I enquired with few other dealers outside Chennai also through my corporate team. they also sang the same song. Really? Order to Make? I wanted Black, No Black color in venue. There were only 2 colors in sport trim - white and titan grey. Picked grey. Sport trim was 15 k more than the top end with some small time bells / whistles like red accents on the door lower sides, roof rails, brake calipers, upholstery stitches, ac vent adjuster, control knobs and chrome metal finish for pedals. At least this broke the boredom. I felt that the red accents worked well than chrome inserts personally.

The sales guy said that he needs to confirm if Hyundai accepts order for these sport trim variants, as they were very few buyers and there was information that sport trims will be discontinued. This took a while to confirm I guess (~15 days). I suspect that he placed the booking after this confirmation. I also reckon that they were some kind of "rationing" on no. of orders placed for a car from each dealer at that point in time. Not sure.

2nd wave hit, lockdown started

Delivery

Despite the peak lockdown and confusion around availability of sport trims, my car reached the yard on 7th June. Not bad I thought. But showrooms opened only after 2nd week of June. Took Delivery on 19th June.

Cost
Ex Showroom 11.38L
Meagre Discount of 15K (This was almost offset by 10K increase in price between booking and delivery)
Insurance (not through dealer) - 29K
On-Road Cost - 13.3L

Dealer give away
Under Chasis coating (certificate provided)
Door scratch guard
Window rain visor (?)

Delivery experience was fine. There was a problem with blue link registration alone, got rectified in a week. Looks like the corporate leasing guys pushed the dealer a bit into placing the order quickly. But in the end, I didn't purchase through corporate lease.

Post Delivery

After market accessories,
Full floor mats - settled for a cheap one (3K)
3m CR70 for windshield
Rest all tinted with Garware (again cost cutting)

Now comes the big one,
Ceramic coating - Done at Ceramic Pro 45K (understand that it only protects the paint to a certain extent from sun, water, dirt, stains etc.)
45 k includes maintenance for 5 years. We can visit the store every 10-12 months to redo the coating based on wear and tear i.e. optimal replenish. Not sure if it is a worthy though.

Driving & other experiences

Done 5K kms till now. Primarily 4-5 highway trips, includes Ghats; 2 major ones ~1200 kms each
1. Chennai --> Bangalore --> Mysore --> Gudalur --> Ooty --> Kotagiri --> Mettupalayam --> Salem --> Chennai
2. Chennai --> Madurai --> Thekkady --> Dindugul --> Chennai
3. Other 3 trips were 150, 275 & 700 kms respectively (these were done prior to major ones)

Good things:
- Gear shifts are smooth. I mean auto clutch i.e. iMT works really fine and well.
- Adequate power & pull is there (been on steep mud paths uphill to certain resorts with full load)
- Cruise worked well for me. If you change gears or press accelerator, cruise stays intact. Cruise gets turned off only when you apply brakes. Again one press, it can be switched on again.
- I call this "pseudo" paddle shift: You can increase/decrease the cruise speed by pressing the cruise lever on the steering up/down. it goes up/down by 1 kmph for every press. And on a long press up/down, it goes up/down to the closest ten. For e.g. if the cruising speed is at 67kmph, one long down press, sets it at 60kmph. One more long press down gets it to 50 kmph and so on and so forth. On other hand, at 67kmph, one long up press sets it at 70kmph and another to 80kmph and so on. Not sure if the latter feature was there in all cars.
- Highway fuel efficiency: Cruise mode gives you max up to 18-19 kmpl (tank fill method). Non-cruise mode, you tend to do meddle with throttle and/or indulge in surge drives mostly. In this case, it is about 14-15kmpl. My speeds were averaging 80-90kmph only.
- AC works fine, rear ac vents seem ok. You can feel rear ac vent airflow only when you turn on Auto Climate control mode (yet to see the real summer I guess)
- Storage is fairly good. Boot is adequate for 4-5 people for 5 day trip i.e. it can accommodate 5-6 cabin suitcases easily along with 1-2 smaller additional bags
- 4 adults + 1 child in the rear middle. leg and head room are adequate for this capacity.
- Visibility (Bonnet and/or otherwise) is good
- Rear Camera has guidance and is effective
- Braking, Ride quality seems ok to me. I have used 36 for highways and 34 for city. higher for highways since it is invariably full load
- Low speed ride is good. High speed is also fine, but when we hit real deep breaks in the road, there is a "thud". Otherwise it feels stable
- R16 alloys 215/60 Ceat secure drive, ok for now I suppose. Spare is non-alloy and R15 with apollo
- No niggles, problems or moving parts or strange sounds as yet
- 1st Service is a more of an eye wash than water wash, nothing significant done during the service unless you report specific issues
- Hill Assist, in recent times, not sure if it works correctly. Need to check again.

Not so good things:

- Cushioning of seats are ok. But my father complains that seat is little hard to sit through for long journeys. I think the foam is on the lower side. I don't know if seat covers can help here. Moreover I can't put in seat covers unless and until i know it will not hinder with the airbags, since it has 6 airbags. Any feedback?
- Upholstery could have been full "leather", instead of fabric + leather mix, given that it is top end
- Front sensors could have been provided
- Left armrest for driver is not sliding. The position can be a little forward for better utility. I added a arm rest cushion, it helped only a bit though. Otherwise driver ergonomics seems fine.
- Audio system & quality is just ok. For e.g. Average Bass setting levels ends up in a bit of door jarring. It is felt when you keep your hand over the hand rest on the door. Thoughts ? Is this audio equipment or damping issue?
- Everything gets switched off if you switch off the engine. We have to push it again to switch on the infotainment, and other accessories in 2 step process.
- Wind/Road noise seeps mildly in at 110kmph+
- City Fuel Efficiency: I haven't checked it precisely, since it was very limited driving. But going by my guess it is anywhere between 10-11 kmpl. But this fact holds good for sure: Turbos are absolutely hyper sensitive to throttle resulting in reducing the fuel efficiency drastically DOT
- Foot mat clips are only for driver side
- ORVMs wont close automatically while locking, although there is a 1 touch button provided inside for closing it manually.
- Horns are fine for city. It can be little better for highways. But access to the horn is not easy, you almost have to lift your hands for pressing them. Easy access through thumb and a soft press would have helped here.
- May be a red accent in the rear (it does not have any sport touch now), probably across the boot lip or on the rear roof line, could have been done to make it look a little interesting.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-front_side_1.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-front_side_2.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-front_top.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-frontseat.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-interior_front_1.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-interior_front_2.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-rearseat.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-rearview.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-side_1.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-side_2.jpg  

cool_cruiser_vj is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 20:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_cruiser_vj View Post
This is my first post, although I have been a member for quite some years now.
- Cruise worked well for me. If you change gears or press accelerator, cruise stays intact. Cruise gets turned off only when you apply brakes. Again one press, it can be switched on again.
- I call this "pseudo" paddle shift: You can increase/decrease the cruise speed by pressing the cruise lever on the steering up/down. it goes up/down by 1 kmph for every press. And on a long press up/down, it goes up/down to the closest ten. For e.g. if the cruising speed is at 67kmph, one long down press, sets it at 60kmph. One more long press down gets it to 50 kmph and so on and so forth. On other hand, at 67kmph, one long up press sets it at 70kmph and another to 80kmph and so on. Not sure if the latter feature was there in all cars.
Firstly congratulations on your new car and putting up a great review of it. Especially as this was your FIRST post. Well thought through and communicated.

I was wondering about this cruise control (CC). You say that on shifting gears the CC stays connected? So say you are in 5th gear with CC set 80 kmph. Now you move gear lever to 6th gear. Does the engine revs drop to effect the change? Like in non CC mode speed changes do occur as I lift foot off A pedal, change gear, and then press A pedal again. What happens in CC when changing gears?

Secondly when you press A pedal you say CC stays intact. How is this as speed increases with A pedal press.

Please elaborate on my queries.

My i20 Sports does not have CC, but a small wire connector and steering switch enables CC. Thus my interest in understanding this.
Old 30th January 2022, 16:12   #94

Thanks.

1. I have tried upshifting 5th to 6th at around 80kmph cruise speed. The speed does not change, but the cruise mode stays intact. So you continue to cruise in 80 in 6th gear now. I'm sure that are some internal shifts that will happen to adjust to this change. Unable to give you exact details, limited knowledge. Sorry !
2. If you are in cruise mode at 80kmph, pressing the accelerator increases the speed, and lets say you went upto 100kmph. Once you remove your foot from A pedal, it comes down to 80kmph which was the speed set earlier and continues cruising.

Hope it helps

Last edited by Aditya : 1st February 2022 at 18:27. Reason: As requested
cool_cruiser_vj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 09:43   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
You say that on shifting gears the CC stays connected? So say you are in 5th gear with CC set 80 kmph. Now you move gear lever to 6th gear. Does the engine revs drop to effect the change? Like in non CC mode speed changes do occur as I lift foot off A pedal, change gear, and then press A pedal again. What happens in CC when changing gears?
If you are driving manual car, then once you click on clutch, CC gets disengaged. You need to manually enable it.

In his case, clutch is operated by the car itself, it can disengage the CC momentarily, change the gear, and enable it back. I'm guessing it might not enable the CC back if the gear is not in expected rev-range (example, cruising at 40kmph, but changed the gear to 6, and engine stalls).

I'm not sure if pressing accelerator has any effect while on CC, it doesn't get disconnected and it won't speed up.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 15:56   #96
BHPian

Nice review - sweet and short covering all minor points. Really helpful in clearing the air on iMT and am sure many like me will be convinced with the ease plus savings. Thanks for sharing.
Old 31st January 2022, 18:21   #97

Nice and crisp review! The iMTs have fascinated me in recent years. How do they fare when compared to AMTs (The AMTs have a provision to allow driving in manual mode- wherein the driver can upshift or downshift at will and there is no clutch as well) In essence it is iMT in the guise of an automatic.
Old 4th February 2022, 20:59   #98

Thanks sukhbirST & rahul_dg123

One of the reasons that comforted me to pick an iMT was that, it wasn't something new in my opinion. It has always been there in different forms and shapes earlier too. For example, a "differently-abled" person used to get custom made cars with an "auto clutch or w/o clutch" or there were aftermarket modifications which introduced a "sensor" while shifting gears or there is this AMT with manual shift option etc. I felt that there was nothing complicated that was introduced here except for using sensors/actuators to manage the transmission control unit electronically i.e. there were no major mechanics behind this, unlike the DCT or CVT. Moreover, this was coming from a reputed company out-of-the-box. Hence I didn't have any major apprehensions around iMT as a technology. Once I took a test drive, I was quite comfortable with the practical usability and decided to go for it.
Old 22nd February 2022, 07:59   #99

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forum, this has long term review of Hyundai Venue iMT start from our buying process to the feedback to this date. Pardon me for the long post as I tried to squeeze a lot here.
So a little background, we owned a 1999 model maruti 800 which was going strong for the past several years without giving us any serious headaches with the performance.
So fast forward to 2020, with our maruti showing its age and with my father's posting back to Ranchi, we decided it was time for a change.
Initially, I wanted to look at sedans so decided to review Honda City and Hyundai Verna, but our garage size was too small to adjust these cars. Along with that our new car would be used to go to our native place in Bihar where certain patches were not of good quality.
So started to look at the cSUV segment with a budget of 10 lakhs on road. Decided our car would be a petrol engine as most of our running would be in the city and after many hours of grilling the forum and other resources on the web, shortlisted 4 cars based on several parameters such as proximity to the service centre at home and native place, cost of ownership, design, etc.

1. Tata Nexon
2. Hyundai Venue
3. Kia Sonet
4. Mahindra XUV 300

So at first arranged a test drive for Nexon from the nearby showroom. The td vehicle was an XZ+, fell in love with the car at first instance the 1.2l turbocharged engine producing 118 bhp gave a great sense of pleasure while my father took the test drive ( i had a learner's license at that point so couldn't take the test drive)
So I was at the back seat during the test drive, the leg and headroom were ample even for someone who was above 6ft. The suspension felt good for the segment. It was a totally different experience from what I had from 800. Father drove in all the modes and loved them.
Now the final garage test. I kept my finger's crossed but nexon could barely go inside after 15 tries 😭. With heavy heart had to reject it, with this xuv300 also got rejected.

Now the next day got Kia Sonet, wanted to test drive the manual variant, but the salesperson insisted on trying iMT variant, so the model GTX+ turbo imt was parked at our apartment gates. The car looked stunning, but this time before taking the test drive we decided to first check the garage test. Luckily this time it only took 5 cuts to get inside and outside the garage, we could live with that.
Now the test drive, for my father after a few moments of getting adjusted to the drive method, he felt it was flawless. There was almost no jerk felt while changing the gears, the back seats were slightly cramped than nexon's but were good enough for me (I am 5'6). He loved this new form of clutchless manual and after coming home my father and I decided we can go with this mother wasn't happy with the budget, so we wanted to test drive Hyundai Venue iMT.

So next day one of my father's colleagues who had an iMT sx gave us a full review of the car and also allowed him to drive for some distance. He found this drive to be comparable with sonet, with major changes only on the exterior and the infotainment system.
That night we had a long discussion with mother and sister giving their nod and finally decided to book the venue sx over sonet for
1. Better service as kia was a relatively new brand with a smaller presence.
2. Venue was slightly cheaper than the comparable model of sonet.

Booking

The next day we went to Republic Hyundai to book the blue denim Venue sx iMT, started to negotiate for offers and discounts, but as there was a huge backlog, they didn't bulge from the quoted price, but we were able to negotiate a good price for our 800 which gave us a reasonable price along with add on accessories. We gave a token booking amount and were promised a delivery by Durga Puja(this was during September). From here on our wait for the car started. Durga Puja came, there was no word on when our car would be delivered due to backlog orders and chip crisis( In the meantime I passed my driving test and got a driver's licence). From there on we used to call sales representative every two weeks but to no avail, like this 2020 passed.
Then suddenly on 13th January got a call at 8.30 in the evening that the car has been allocated to us. Gave us the VIN and asked us to complete the formalities and pay the remainder as soon as possible. We didn't want to do that before the PDI, but later after a discussion, we completed the formalities on the 15th and were promised the date of 18th January. Did the PDI a day before.

Delivery Day

On the day of delivery, we went to the showroom at the allocated time and our blue denim was there standing, waiting for us to take it home. Added a few accessories some complimentary and some addons. Here we parted ways with our beloved 800 which gave its service for good 21 years.
The registration couldn't go through that day as the series had just ended and we had to wait until Monday to get a registration number till then they gave us a temporary number.

So after taking delivery of our car we went straight petrol pump and then to Hanuman temple but had to do the puja in a hush as one Netaji had to go the airport and the temple was in the way, so we had to move our car from the spot (great vip culture).
Anyway, we went from there to our home and parked it there.

The next day we kept the car in the parking where i only did a slight front and reverse gear test as I was still afraid to take my car out from there.

Anyway, for the next 3 days, I and my sister took practice drives under the watchful eyes of driver uncle on open roads. After initial hiccups, I was able to adjust to the new driving mechanism and honestly loved it. This was a great exercise which helped us a lot to move from Maruti 800 to Hyundai Venue and finally, I passed the garage test by putting the car in our cramped garage although it took a good 15 minutes(can do now in under 3).
Not later after that, it went on its maiden long trip to Ara, Bihar (our native place) a good 750 km up and down. It was driven by our driver uncle as it was a long distance journey, it passed gracefully through all the potholes, although the suspension felt a bit stiff, which was natural for cSUV. The car felt stable at high speeds ( we got to a max of 100 kmph) and the turbo engine felt very handy, especially while trying to overtake on highways. The turbo got activated after crossing ~2000 rpm but mostly the drive was in a non-rash manner which helped us clock a tank to tank average of nearly 19 kmpl which was good enough. But that said the boot space was a big boon for us as it easily accommodated 3 huge suitcases. Soon after that got the car to its first service after 2000 km. The car was cleaned and nothing much was done, but we decided to get an underwater coating just to be on the safe side.
Then in the next 3 months, there were only city rides with the car.
Then we took it for the next long ride to our native, this time was also the same, but while on the return journey the car had to go offroading due to unavoidable circumstances caused by heavy rains. An Omni 2 cars before us had got stuck in the mud and this being a 2WD I was genuinely afraid but following footsteps of Safari before us, we were able to sail through despite car being full to its capacity with 5 grown humans and 3 suitcases and several small bags at the back.
After this, we took a few long drives in the vicinity of 300 km without any issues.

The likes:

1. Left leg screams thank you while stuck in the traffic.
2. Car does not stop if a break makes the car go at lower speeds. Seamlessly got to 24 kmph at 6th gear just got a warning with a beep to pull down the gear to 2nd.
3. No visible jerk while changing gears although felt slight jerk while going from 1st to 2nd.
4. Turbo catches up quickly at lower gears.
Got to 50 on 1st gear and 90 on 2nd gear.
5. Sunroof is a bonus in the winter.
6. NVH is good, the car has been driven at a max speed of 154 kmph still the car was very stable.
7. The chromes on tyres look beautiful.
8. SX model and upwards get instrument clusters which are clean when compared to lower variants.
9. The controls on the steering wheel and physical buttons near the infotainment screen are easy to use and well-positioned.
10. Extracted long ride mileage of ~19 kmpl great!!! but city mileage was usually ~12 kmpl.

The Dislikes:
1. No hill hold assist in sx, one has to use hand brake and accelerator to make it work to not slide back.
2. The plastics are slightly of inferior quality would have loved the plastics better on the car whose on-road price is over 10 lakhs.
3. The back seat is slightly cramped, probably the legroom is smallest in the segment in city rides it's not an issue but on long rides, it causes some discomfort.
4. The turbo lag is visible at the higher gears but seems every car in the segment suffers from it.
5. The spare tyre is only 15" while the rest are 16".
6. No wireless charger or android auto/apple car play although wired ones are available in sx, but would have loved wireless ones.
7. Only 2 airbags in sx, sx(o) has 6, this should have been standard equipment across all segments.
8. The headlights feel inadequate sometimes and there are no rear wipers.
9. Although it was rare but on 4 separate instances the reverse gear did not deploy on the first try had to switch to 1st and then it deployed again, but that accounts for less than 0.1%

Who should buy this?
1. Someone whose most driving is on city roads.
2. Someone who mostly likes to drive in a normal fashion with some fun drive as the gear shifts are slightly slower than the manual counterparts at very high speeds.
3. Someone who has budget constraints with automatic. This gives the comfort of an automatic while giving you feel of manual while saving around 2 lakhs on road.

Hope this would help!
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-img20210116wa0017.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-img20210116wa0006.jpg  

Hyundai Venue iMT Review : Intelligent Manual Transmission without a clutch pedal-img_20210616_133536_749.jpg  

Harp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:40   #100
BANNED

Hi guys
A few queries regarding Venue IMT for the people who are driving IMT.
1. I have TD venue IMT twice and sonet IMT once all of the times I felt a turbo lag. Did you notice the same ?
2. I am currently driving 1.2 ltr kappa engine I mostly drive around 1500-2000 rpm range but with IMT I noticed that the cars hardly moved at 1500 rpm. I had to press accelerater hard to at least 3000 rpm to get the car moving. Is it normal ?
3. What are the long term reviews regarding this transmission … any problems faced ?
Waiting for replies as I have already booked venue S(o) IMT and delivery expected any day.
Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 08:26   #101
BHPian

Does iMT auto-rev match, or if it doesn't, how do you do it in a clutchless manual transmission car?
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:52   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Does iMT auto-rev match, or if it doesn't, how do you do it in a clutchless manual transmission car?
You can forget about all these things completely, the iMT in Hyundai \ Kia models will take care of all the guess work. Just shift up and down according to how you would do in a manual car and the ECU takes care of all the rest. It will warn you with beeps\ display to choose the appropriate gear if at all you mess it up.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 13:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

I am confused on engine preference, though I have already short listed Venue, between 1.2 L and 1.0 L Turbo, Petrol,
My running is 30 km per day and some 100km run on holidays.
Fellow TBhpians, kindly help me in the selection
Old 14th December 2023, 13:06   #104
BHPian

Hyundai IMT

Hi. I was just wondering if the IMT transmission of Hyundai has taken off? I don't think Hyundai and Kia are promoting this aggressively in the manual segment. Is it because of profit is better in AMT and Automatic segment?

A friend of mine who is a manual enthusiast was looking at a manual Seltos/Creta but none of them are offered in higher end versions. Is this because profits are better in Automatics or have people moved towards automatics?
Old 14th December 2023, 13:43   #105
BHPian

Re: Hyundai IMT

Hyundai has roughly given up on the iMT technology for it’s cars but the same has been wholeheartedly adopted by Kia. The latter provides iMT option with all of it’s offerings and sometimes even prefer iMT over plain jane manuals for some variants.

Safe to say it is doing fairly well for itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks