Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 23:30   #211

Re: Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations, wish you a speedy delivery of the car. Please keep in mind - the parts covered in the extended warranty are not the same as the ones in initial 2 year warranty. Do read through those terms and conditions to keep yourself aware of what is covered and what isn't in the 3 years after 1st two are over.
Thank you. Will surely check the fine print.
Old 19th December 2021, 12:12   #212
BHPian

Well, Its been 6 months since I have this beauty. After 6 months and 10k kms, here are my initial impressions:
  • Love the suspension and steering: Suspension feels planted and dismisses minor bumps effortlessly and it gets better as you pick up the pace. Steering is a masterpiece, easily my most favorite part of the car, its light when you want it and stiff when you go fast, has perfect radius and thickness and is always direct.
  • Design though looks great, has few functional problems: Overall the the design is breathtaking, I can look at it for hours and not get tired. Out on road I slow down to see another Altroz and appreciate its design, its that good. However the rear windshield gathers dust after almost immediately after driving and thick A pillars limits the visibility especially at U turns.
  • Slightly rough around the edges: You can spot the sharp chrome trim around the headlights which can cut you fingers if you are not careful especially when cleaning the engine bay. The Parcel tray has particularly sharp edge, I banged my head against it while taking out the luggage in haste, it left a scar. The alignment of the doors are not perfect. They donot sit flush against the B pillar.
  • Weakest link: Engine and Gearbox: Engine though tried and test it a step down from the competition, i20 Diesel is smooth and has more power and torque. The gearbox is notchy and lacks the 6 th gear which the i20 gets. Altroz no matter the fuel type, doesnot have a great engine or a great gearbox, that's including the iturbo.
  • Uniqueness: In my city, at any moment I can spot 10x Creta than Altroz.
  • Mechanically and Electronically sorted: Had a minor niggle of some kind of Hose being detached while driving which the Service centre fixed the same day. The driver side window kicked against the frame at the very top while winding up the windows, little manual twist of the window glass frame corrected the alignment. Touchwood no other niggles experienced.
  • You can hear the fuel being splashed around the tank: Yah. Its weird. IDK if other cars had this issue but my i10 didn't.
  • Service and Delivery Experience: Average, at best
  • It does what it says, almost a complete car: At 10.47 lakhs OTR including extended warranty and Gold AMC and Mats and Seat Covers, I am a satisfied customer. The car now stands at 99xx kms. Hoping to keeps this beauty atleast till 1.5 Lakhs kms.
Sameer016 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 18:16   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
[*]Weakest link: Engine and Gearbox: Engine though tried and test it a step down from the competition, i20 Diesel is smooth and has more power and torque. The gearbox is notchy and lacks the 6 th gear which the i20 gets. Altroz no matter the fuel type, doesnot have a great engine or a great gearbox, that's including the iturbo.
Disagree here.

The i20 diesel is refined no doubt, but the real world performance isn't far off between the two. Gearbox is average I agree. But the diesel is among the better ones in the market.

I am talking from 5000 km of driving the altroz diesel, and mind you, I have driven it at some extreme paces. Even for a guy like me who craves speed, the altroz diesel doesn't leave me wanting!

6 speed gearbox and nexon 108 bhp tune would have left i20 / Figo 1.5 far behind. Well, Tata messed it up.

Even then, I have zero complaints with the engine and gearbox of the altroz diesel. Infact, I am loving it.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:10   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

2 months and 6003 km of enjoyable ownership!

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20211231_203938.jpg

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20211231_113415.jpg

Totally loving the Altroz diesel.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year 2022!!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 20:35   #215
BHPian

Im facing an issue, where extremely hot air comes out of the vents and it remains hot even after switching the AC on, no amount ot temp. setting makes a difference. But if I restart the car, it goes back to normal temp. This generally happens only the first time I start the car.

Even with Fan OFF small amount of hot air blows.
Any ideas?
Old 9th February 2022, 16:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has launched the Altroz Dark Edition in Diesel (XT and XZ+) trims to celebrate 2 years since the launch of the Altroz.

Prices now start at Rs 7.96 lakh for the Altroz Dark XT (Introductory)

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20220209_160214.jpg

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20220209_160216.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th February 2022 at 16:06.
Old 9th February 2022, 16:16   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors has launched the Altroz Dark Edition in Diesel (XT and XZ+) trims to celebrate 2 years since the launch of the Altroz.

Prices now start at Rs 7.96 lakh for the Altroz Dark XT (Introductory)

[]
Hope Tata kept XZ+ diesel dark edition ex showroom under 10 lakhs. My XZ+ Costed 9.7 lakhs ex showroom.
Old 10th February 2022, 10:59   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hope Tata kept XZ+ diesel dark edition ex showroom under 10 lakhs. My XZ+ Costed 9.7 lakhs ex showroom.
Tata Motors priced the Dark Edition just under 10 Lakhs price mark, 30k more than the XZ+ Diesel

Pricelist

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20220210_105538.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th February 2022 at 11:04.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 12:05   #219
BHPian

I checked the oil level in my diesel altroz and found it to quite high. Take a look

Before starting
Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-before.jpg

After idling for 1 min
Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-after.jpg

Is it normal or Should I get it checked?
Sameer016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:03   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the oil level in my diesel altroz and found it to quite high.

Is it normal or Should I get it checked?
Ignore the "after starting". But when the engine is cold/ off for like 30 min, check the level like this -
  • Take out the dipstick
  • Wipe it with a clean cloth
  • Dip and fix it in position
  • Check the level
If it's still high, TASS overfilled the oil, get them to drain it to max level.
Old 5th March 2022, 14:34   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ignore the "after starting". But when the engine is cold/ off for like 30 min, check the level like this -
  • Take out the dipstick
  • Wipe it with a clean cloth
  • Dip and fix it in position
  • Check the level
If it's still high, TASS overfilled the oil, get them to drain it to max level.
This was the level after sitting idle for the whole night.
Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-idle.jpg

Oil has never been changed. TATA recommends oil change @ 15k. Mine is at 14k.

I followed the same procedure and this is the oil level.
Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-advised.jpg

Last edited by Sameer016 : 5th March 2022 at 14:37.
Old 5th March 2022, 14:39   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2280502

Oil has never been changed. TATA recommends oil change @ 15k. Mine is at 14k.
Overfilling oil can cause quite an issue in some engines - I don't know about the 1.5D of Tata though.

Better take it in, do the 15k service now and make sure it's filled right. And 15k interval maybe the recommended, but if you intend to keep the car for a while, do it at at least 7.5k!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:22   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Overfilling vs Diesel in Oil sump - nevertheless, please get it checked at the ASC and document it in your job card.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 13:53   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi All,

My friend owns a 2021 Tata Altroz Diesel XZ that he bought in February. He has covered 9k kms on the ODO and has had a positive experience so far. However a couple of days back he noticed a drop in power while returning home from one his highway runs and today morning he has faced the same issue.
Quoting my earlier post, my friend has now clocked 19,7xx kms and is facing the dreaded DPF clogging again.

Two days back he got the DPF warning light and as soon as he saw that he started flooring the car to clean the DPF. The next day the car went into limp mode and the engine power has dropped. He has spoken to TASS in Trichy and has to take his car in for manual cleaning.

This is despite him driving the car mostly only on the highways and also having a relatively higher cruising speed. He is now frustrated as he uses his car daily and this setback means he has to travel 250kms to TASS Trichy and back to rectify this since the service center in his town is incompetent. I have suggested he ask for a DPF replacement under warranty.

Any other Altroz owners faced this problem ?

Last edited by Shanksta : 14th March 2022 at 13:55.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 01:27   #225
BHPian

Got my altroz back from 30k service at Kaveri Tata, Madurai. Service quality is leaps and bounds better than the only other service center in the city(which was the only one available until a few months ago): Chima Tata.

This time around, there was an EMS update. Having driven the car to Tirunelveli and back today(300km round trip), i can feel an improved low rpm performance. The car feels more responsive which makes it easier to drive in the city, and car now feels to be cruising effortlessly now on the highway too.

Anyone else got the update? Please share your experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks