Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2022, 06:31   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Got my altroz back from 30k service at Kaveri Tata, Madurai. Service quality is leaps and bounds better than the only other service center in the city(which was the only one available until a few months ago): Chima Tata.
Kaveri Tata is pretty good in Trichy too.

They are quickly expanding to many cities. Now they are in Trichy, Madurai, Perambalur and Ariyalur. The CEO of the company is a TeamBHP reader too. He met me last time when I was there to get the delivery of my cousin's altroz petrol and we had a brief chat about their cars.

He was very keen on how the dealership sales and servi e performed. Glad to know that you had a good experience with Kaveri Tata in Madurai. I have shared your post to him. I hope they continue to provide such service in future too.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 01:16   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
This was the level after sitting idle for the whole night.
Attachment 2280502

Oil has never been changed. TATA recommends oil change @ 15k. Mine is at 14k.

I followed the same procedure and this is the oil level.
Attachment 2280504
That's more than a quart extra. It will damage the seals and if crankshaft hits the oil, it will cause frothing and won't lubricate the moving parts well possibly damaging the engine components. Get it drained to the correct level.

Secondly don't listen to Tata's 15k service interval. That's a planned obsolescence. Change the engine oil max 9000 kms / 1 year if you want your engine to last a long time. I would only run 15k with the best synthetic oil and an oil filter change in between and that too only for highway drives otherwise its a plain stupidity.
Old 5th April 2022, 09:57   #228
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the oil level in my diesel altroz and found it to quite high. Take a look

Before starting
Attachment 2280440

After idling for 1 min
Attachment 2280439

Is it normal or Should I get it checked?
Not normal. Visit SC ASAP. Open up the engine plastic cover and check for stains of oil around the valve cover. What month/year is your car manufactured. There is a potential faulty injector in some batches. Also there is a new EMS update to handle dpf better. It is A_08 version. Get the same updated. Drop me a PM if you need further information and we can talk.
Old 6th April 2022, 19:07   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta320 View Post
That's more than a quart extra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Not normal. Visit SC ASAP.
Thank you for your reply.

My Vehicle is from May-2021 batch. I recently took the car for 15k service and it was a nightmare.

The car went in @ 10:55 AM and returned to me on 06:50 PM. I was with the car on the service floor the entire time, without lunch. Initially when I pointed out the excess oil, the mechanic rubbed it off saying, may be some one topped up the oil. On my insistence they drained the oil in an empty 10L bucket. The oil drained was around 7L. They cleaned the diesel filter and they say, they didn't found any metal shavings. Fresh 5L oil was filled and oil filter was changed and air filter cleaned by pressuring air. Then came the time to update the software to A08. They claimed that the server was not working/slow(?) so the software update was not done and was asked to come next day.

OTOH Wheel Balancing, alignment, vehicle wash, interior vacuum, and regular greasing was NOT done. But they did billed them, since I had the Gold AMC, it was FOC. When confronted, they accepted their mistake and was asked to come the next day.

Next day I went for software update in different Service Centre and they promptly updated the software to A08 and handed over the vehicle within 2 hrs.

I will check the oil level in regular intervals and report you if the issue resurfaces. TASS claims the update will solve it and TATA is aware of the problem. Strange that if TATA is aware of the problem, then why they didnt ask us to update our software, had it not being the service time, I too will be driving the vehicle without any knowledge of the same.

In a gist, I now know why they say TASS is hit or miss. And Im in no mood to visit them any time future. I think it will be better it I find a FNG for further maintenance.
Old 6th April 2022, 20:04   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On my insistence they drained the oil in an empty 10L bucket. The oil drained was around 7L. They cleaned the diesel filter and they say, they didn't found any metal shavings. Fresh 5L oil was filled and oil filter was changed and air filter cleaned by pressuring air. .
Diesel filter is ahead of the IP , it won't have any contamination other than from the fuel itself. Keep an eye on the oil level of course. What is your usage pattern?
Old 6th April 2022, 20:18   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Keep an eye on the oil level of course. What is your usage pattern?
Will do, I drive around 50 kms daily in mixed traffic.
Sameer016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 18:21   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Long story short, I went ahead and got my first ever set of 4 wheels and I bought a variant of a very popular premium hatch that nobody is buying, the 1.5 Revotorq diesel in the XZ trim.
Hi folks,

Posting this for the benefit of existing and prospective owners on this forum and also because I am unable to find time to put together an ownership report, my Altroz D has completed 15,000 kms. Just back from service and all is well.

This post is just to point out something which I faced on my recent run from Bangalore to Kochi. I will post a video of the instrument cluster for better understanding.

As you can see, the instrument cluster started acting all weird and at the same time I noticed car went into limp home mode with the throttle cutting off at 2000 rpm. Since this happened on the early hours on a Sunday and me being with family, I had no choice but to keep driving.

After a while, I restarted the car at the next Toll plaza stop and the cluster just completely froze except fuel gauge and clock. No warning lights no speedo and tacho and no trip computer as well, everything just went blank. I also noticed cruise control wasn't available.

Dropped the car in for 15,000 kms service at Gokulam Motors Kochi yesterday morning. I was told that the ECU software was buggy and reflashing it to the latest version (AL04) solved the issue. Took an extended test drive afterwards and found out that there were no issues .

Apart from this, the battery just drained all of a sudden couple of months back and for the life of me I was never able to figure out why. Charged it again and I faced no other issues.

Apart from the above mentioned 2 niggles the car has been driving like a dream. Its such an amazing mile munching machine . I have already done 3 2500 kms road trips across South India and its been such a hoot to drive. The fuel economy has also been nothing short of amazing and I have been managing a consistent 21 kmpl on these long trips. I am not a sedate driver.

So far I have been getting amazing support from the folks at Gokulam Kochi with special mention to my SA Vishnu. Tata owners in Kochi, I highly recommend this guy and you can give my reference.

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-05ad1ef68b5943cabdf268feea9b914f.jpeg

Posing right after 15,000 kms on the clock. Ready for another 15,000 as well.
aswin ajith is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 14:51   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Posing right after 15,000 kms on the clock. Ready for another 15,000 as well.
Looks hot. Have you checked the engine oil level?
Old 3rd May 2022, 00:06   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Looks hot. Have you checked the engine oil level?
It is petrol car. They aren't facing the diesel mixing issue.
Old 3rd May 2022, 00:32   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting 12-13 in short city drives an 16-17 in longish drives once engine warms up. Two lane highways with mostly 4th gear driving I get 19-20. Four lane roads it is 23-24

Have you ever faced the DPF issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi All,

He tells me the car feels very sluggish and does not cross 95kmph in 5th gear.
80% of the kms clocked by him are purely on the highways and I don't think DPF clogging would be the issue here. Kindly advise.

This is the typical characteristics of the DPF issue that I am facing, even though the car is driven above 2000 rpm for more than 60 % of my daily usage (100 km per day). I have already visited the service centre multiple times, and the injector assemblies were replaced during the last visit. However, the issue remains unresolved. Every time the car fails to regenerate as the ECU throws error warnings (check engine lamp) and the car goes into limp mode as soon as the DPF light is on, even if you are on a free highway.

Quote:
This was the level after sitting idle for the whole night.

Oil has never been changed. TATA recommends oil change @ 15k. Mine is at 14k.

I followed the same procedure and this is the oil level.

The oil level in my car is always more than the maximum dipstick level. Even after injector replacement, the oil level seems to be high.
p { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }
Old 3rd May 2022, 05:58   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is petrol car. They aren't facing the diesel mixing issue.
That blue one is a diesel altroz mate.
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EW for my 1.5 XZ cost 18500. Total five years of warranty and unlimited kms as per website but TMSC app shows 2.5L km
I doubt you will cross 2.5L Km in 5 years so it's as good as unlimited for 5 years.

Quote:
It's 14 to 15 kmpl in KL traffic almost all the time. Haven't got much chances to stretch her legs except for a Coimbatore round trip where I did see 23 kmpl. On typical 4 lane NH roads of KL I manage 17 to 18 kmpl. Average speeds in KL is very low due to obvious reasons. The TFT display shows around 30 kmph average at this point.

Overall tankful to tankful FE stands at over 16.5 kmpl. This is what one should expect if you live and mostly drive in a state like KL.
Isn't that a bit low? I used to get anywhere between 18-20 Kmpl on a Rapid 1.6 TDI driving with a heavy foot. Long highway drives delivered 22 Kmpl. I used the full tank to full tank method to calculate.
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:36   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Isn't that a bit low? I used to get anywhere between 18-20 Kmpl on a Rapid 1.6 TDI driving with a heavy foot. Long highway drives delivered 22 Kmpl. I used the full tank to full tank method to calculate.
Oh yes it is nothing to write home about when it comes to city driving. Even in peak Bangalore traffic I get the same 14 to 15 kmpl.

Its on long expressway drives the car absolutely shines. I easily manage 24 kmpl with cruise set at 110. Not just the FE but the car carries itself PHENOMENALLY well at those speeds.
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:18   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Our Rapid 1.6 TDI and Vento 1.5 TDI always returned 16-17 kmpl with a heavy foot. When driven gently at 110-120 kmph they returned 20 kmpl.

Altroz diesel when driven hard gives the same as the VAG 1.5 TDI. A constant problem with Tata cars is their weight. Altroz diesel weighs almost the same as a vento diesel.
Old 13th May 2022, 08:11   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Reporting the best Tankfull to Tankfull fuel efficiency of my 18000 km run Altroz diesel

23.87 kmpl

100% AC ON, 2 occupants, 60% Highway : 30% Rural areas : 10% city

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-screenshot_20220513075251_fuelio.jpg

Surprisingly the MID was not far off

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20220513_073004.jpg

Quite nice to see almost 700 km range from a small 35 liter tank

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-20220513_073355.jpg

For the readers who are curious about the overall actual fuel efficiency for the entire ~18,000 km

It is 18.37 kmpl

Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review-screenshot_20220513080813_fuelio.jpg

PS: I was very gentle with the A pedal during the last run which yielded 23.87 kmpl. Consistently driving the BS6 diesel that way will end up in a clogged BS6 filter within 2000 km

What actual fuel efficiency can a potential Altroz diesel buyer realistically expect- 16 - 19 kmpl overall, even if you are an aggressive driver.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 13th May 2022 at 08:21.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks