Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 23:39   #2041
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Very beautiful and crisp write up buddy ! Loved your writing style.

I completely concur with your thoughts; Sonet is a cute lil car that keeps everyone happy. I’m yet to meet someone who’s probably regretting his / her discussion of getting the car.

Wishing you blissful miles with this beauty.
Thank you!

Not just cute. I feel it's pretty capable.

Check this out:

I did not see a 1L engine doing this comfortably.
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 18:36   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalayan_Ice View Post
Though I wish there was an option for a 360.
Would've gladly paid extra if Kia had an option like that.
Short and sweet review! Wishing you many happy miles ahead!

Regarding the 360-degree camera, my friend was offered this option by Kia ASS recently. I don't know the details, but they said it will be integrated with the stock infotainment.

Probably something like this:

robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:56   #2043

Good morning all, wondering how do I do tyre rotation with the tpms in place from a 3rd party store?��
Can we calibrate and change position of sensors or remove and replace sensors in the correct wheels or just remember which sensor is in which wheel?
Old 23rd July 2023, 08:43   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirishMurugan View Post
Good morning all, wondering how do I do tyre rotation with the tpms in place from a 3rd party store?��
Can we calibrate and change position of sensors or remove and replace sensors in the correct wheels or just remember which sensor is in which wheel?
Since sensor is inside the wheel, it doesn't matter. It will simply be there.
I had slow leak in rear left tyre. During service they fixed punctures and moved it to rear right. Now the rear right tyre pressure goes down slowly over the week
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 22:12   #2045

Guys, what is the ideal cost of 3rd free service (as they call it as the labour charges are waived off only) for a Sonet DCT - completed about 10K KM.
Old 1st August 2023, 22:42   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirishMurugan View Post
wondering how do I do tyre rotation with the tpms in place from a 3rd party store?
It's calibrated automatically. Quoting a relevant post from a recent discussion on the same topic (Reassign TPMS sensors after tyre rotation?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I have gone through the owner's manual now and couldn't find anything regarding that, neither in the TPMS section nor in the tyre rotation section.

Then, I had a quick chat with the service advisor from Naara Kia, J P Nagar, and he said the sensor is programmed to handle that automatically. I believe that's correct because I got my tyres rotated at Madhus, and the TPMS is working perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
I had slow leak in rear left tyre. During service they fixed punctures and moved it to rear right. Now the rear right tyre pressure goes down slowly over the week
That's indeed a nice test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil008 View Post
Guys, what is the ideal cost of 3rd free service (as they call it as the labour charges are waived off only) for a Sonet DCT - completed about 10K KM.
It cost me ₹2,025 last year: ₹1,400 for the oil change and the rest for wheel alignment. The paid service this year was also similar. The labor charge for paid service was around ₹1,700, excluding wheel alignment as I got that done outside.

Last edited by robincsamuel : 1st August 2023 at 22:47.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 09:56   #2047

Quote:
It cost me ₹2,025 last year: ₹1,400 for the oil change and the rest for wheel alignment. The paid service this year was also similar. The labor charge for paid service was around ₹1,700, excluding wheel alignment as I got that done outside.
Thanks Robin! So as part of wheel alignment they will also perform wheel rotation, right? I am charged Rs. 4500 for third service - included oil change, wheel alignment and AC disinfectant - Rs 800 (not sure if it's of any use for a year old fairly maintained car).

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd August 2023 at 10:24. Reason: Trimming quoted post and cleaning up typos. Please proofread your content before posting. Thank you.
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:07   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Robin! So as part of wheel alignment they will also perform wheel rotation, right? I am charged Rs. 4500 for third service - included oil change, wheel alignment and AC disinfectant - Rs 800 (not sure if it's of any use for a year old fairly maintained car).
Yes, they performed wheel rotation as well. They suggested AC disinfectant too, but I didn't opt for that. How can it still be ₹4,500! Did you verify the breakdown in the invoice?
Old 2nd August 2023, 12:19   #2049

Quote:
Yes, they performed wheel rotation as well. They suggested AC disinfectant too, but I didn't opt for that. How can it still be ₹4,500! Did you verify the breakdown in the invoice?
Oh does the wheel alignment labour also fall under general service labour? If yes I'll have to talk to the service centre. Attached the break-up here.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20230802_114037_adobe-acrobat2.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2023, 14:00   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Oh does the wheel alignment labour also fall under general service labour?

Attached the break-up here.
Yes. The wheel alignment and balancing, along with the balancing weights costed you around ₹1,600. Then ₹850 for the AC disinfectant. And the remaining ~₹2,100 for oil, break cleaning, windshield washer, etc. All including taxes.

Quote:
If yes I'll have to talk to the service centre.
I think that's how it usually is. I always get wheel alignment/balancing done at my preferred center, similarly for other value-added services.
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:28   #2051
BANNED

Hello Bhpians, my friend is planning for Sonet 1.2 LTR. Wanted to know how does this engine perform,? Is it underpowered and sluggish?
Old 2nd August 2023, 21:23   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Hello Bhpians, my friend is planning for Sonet 1.2 LTR. Wanted to know how does this engine perform,? Is it underpowered and sluggish?
Having driven Venue 1.2, it's lethargic for sure, but I felt it's better at least compared to our 1.2 Altroz, even though on paper it's almost the same. Any reason to go for this, out of interest?
Old 3rd August 2023, 21:07   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Having driven Venue 1.2, it's lethargic for sure, but I felt it's better at least compared to our 1.2 Altroz, even though on paper it's almost the same. Any reason to go for this, out of interest?
My friend was adamant to go for this variant despite me telling him a million times that it's underpowered. They believe that turbo gives poor fuel efficiency. Finally they have decided to go for the turbo iMT variant. Not sure if this decision will again change.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 12:14   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Short and sweet review! Wishing you many happy miles ahead!

Regarding the 360-degree camera, my friend was offered this option by Kia ASS recently. I don't know the details, but they said it will be integrated with the stock infotainment.

Probably something like this:

https://Youtu.be/pMK84Fgobgw
I tried figuring it out, but apparently that sort of install will interfere with the warranty T&Cs
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 13:48   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
.. it's underpowered. They believe that turbo gives poor fuel efficiency.
Its true but I think its mainly due to the RDE norms. I myself have a 2010 i20 1.2 and recently took delivery of a Sonet 1.2 HTK+. The kerb weight of both these cars are similar, but the engine performance in Sonet is very much neutered down. The old i20 can pick up speed in low gears and above 2k rpm which is not the case with Sonet. On the flip side the real world fuel economy should be close to advertised numbers. During an initial 70km run on ghat roads with moderate traffic, 3 occupants and climate set to 24C, fuel economy shown on MID was 13.8 kmpl.

1.2 variants are best suited to city running. Any spirited running requires the 1.5 diesel or the 1.0 turbo engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks