Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 10:58   #1906
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltoz View Post
I told the service guy that the pickup was less and he checked and told me that it was a clogged DPF and they cleaned it and everything is fine now.
From this i can make out that you're not getting many long distance trips where you can maintain constant high speeds (necessary for cleaning out the DPF). I faced the same dilemma as you when I got my 10k service (car seemed less revv happy). I have a GTX DAT. I took it up with the service advisor in my 20k service, swapped out the air filter with a new one and the Sonet growls as good as new! Try upgrading the engine oil if necessary or just let it run in sports mode for a longish trip. You'll get the vibe back
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 23:03   #1907

Hi BHPIANS,

I am getting a 10 day 250km used Sonet Htx Imt petrol for 12.25L net. Car is as new as showroom. Is this the correct price for the same?

Also, would like owners to share real world fuel efficiency figures.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th April 2023 at 10:47. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 17th April 2023, 10:28   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecars View Post
Hi BHPIANS,
I am getting a 10 day 250km used Sonet Htx Imt petrol for 12.25L net. Car is as new as showroom. Is this the correct price for the same?
Also, would like owners to share real world fuel efficiency figures.
Is it used car(registered for someone)? or some test drive car. Please find more about why 250km and also, try to get extended warranty included in price, if you are going ahead.

Also, do not miss to do thorough PDI before you pay.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th April 2023 at 10:46. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 17th April 2023, 10:44   #1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Is it used car(registered for someone)? or some test drive car. Please find more about why 250km and also, try to get extended warranty included in price, if you are going ahead.
Also, do not miss to do thorogh PDI before you pay.
It is registered in someone else name on 7th of April 2023.

All genuine warranties are included with the car and the dealer is ok if I want to get the car checked in Kia Workshop. He agrees to show me original invoice once I finalise the car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th April 2023 at 10:46. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 18th April 2023, 12:04   #1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil008 View Post
I observed this only at times when I used 'Eco' mode for longer duration in my DCT, not sure if this is same as you mentioned for your DAT. This goes away few minutes after the car has come to a halt.
Same! This happens with my DCT too.
Old 21st April 2023, 09:53   #1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
KIA SONET X-LINE DCT INITIAL OWNERSHIP REVIEW

I have been in search of the perfect compact SUV for over a year now and during this time frame. I have been test-driven for almost a decade of cars. But the Kia Sonet was the one that I felt was the most well-rounded of the lot.so I finally took the plunge and decided to book the Kia Sonet GTX+ DCT in August 2022. However never did I know that the scenario would change for the better when I visited the Kia showroom in September along with a friend of mine who also was keen on the Kia Sonet. In the stockyard, I witnessed a brand new Kia Sonet in a matte finish just arriving and I immediately knew that I wanted it. ...
My parents have been considering the Kia Sonet 1.0T GTX+ & the X-line, and they have had their eye on the X-line variant since they saw the brochure, but they haven't had the chance to see the car in person. They are concerned about the long term maintenance of the matte exteriors needing more care and attention. I have been trying to find long term ownership thoughts of the X-line version of the Kia Sonet. I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the sage leatherette interiors and the matte finish exterior. Does it require any extra invest time and effort into maintaining the matte finish? How you feel about this variant after 5 months of ownership?
Old 28th April 2023, 00:16   #1912
BHPian

Has anyone got the cabin air purifier filter changed? If yes, at what interval, cost involved and if Amazon link is available, pls share. Thanks in advance!
Old 29th April 2023, 18:45   #1913
BHPian

My observations with the Black Beauty (HTX D AT) - Post 1000+ KMS and First Service

• The car's just a JOY to drive. Coming from the 2014 Amaze (2019 Altroz), and other autos in the segment, the car is so much fun to drive. The downside being it's very hard to not push it but I'm trying hard to restrain myself to get better FE in the city. I've turned into bit of a heavy footer post experiencing the fun of the sheer power/torque this car has!
  • Engine is pretty silent. Sure, there's some noise at higher RPMs, but since I'm coming from Diesel Amaze, I'm not bothered by it. Nothing some music won't drown out. I guess people who're used to petrol engines will find it a bit more intrusive. But otherwise NVH is excellent.
  • Overtakes are still damn addictive and you'll never need to second-guess yourself. You don't even need to put pedal to the floor for quick overtakes. Sports mode is something else!
  • Ride and handling feels good. Car has never felt unpredictable, steering weighs up well on high speeds and is sufficiently light (not as light as the Altroz though) at low speeds. Suspension is a decent middle ground, but the loud thud is a bit annoying. You have to slow down more than you'd think you should over speedbreakers and larger potholes or you'd hear a "thud" noise. I'm still not a 100% used to this, but it's gotten much better. The car absorbs small undulations/cats eye/uneven surface etc. well enough at decent speeds, and just glides through. And the biggest plus of the suspension is, it's such a joy to drive on highways/good roads, cornering has way less body roll than my Amaze at higher speeds. Also, manouvering the car in city is pretty easy, so that's a big plus. This is one of the reasons of me not going a segment above or so.
  • Fuel efficiency, I've gotten 10-12 in city with bad traffic and 15-17 on highways (always AC on). But better drivers have extracted like 20 from the car, so can't complain. I basically go throttle-break-throttle often, plus I've gone a bit heavy footed, so trying to fix that. You can realistically get the ARAI FE on highways.
  • Headlights are not at all satisfactory. You just can't travel with lower beams with decent speeds, the throw is not sufficient enough, neither is the intensity. Forces you to go high beam. This sucks, especially considering where I live right now has barely any streetlights. Altroz is better here with its normal Halogens. Kia/Hyundai should seriously sort this out!
  • Did a long trip of round 300-400 KMS, and it was a joy. Android Auto works flawlessly, except my phone's in battery saver and kills it in the background. Everything works as it should. The second reason for us to choose this beyond the segment-unique drivetrain was the excellent feel the cabin gives, just a lovely place to be in. A lot of people just are dismiss of this, but it's a real boon when you have to do such long trips. You never feel exhausted, even in the HTX trim!
  • Just completed the first service at DKH Kia. Waiting times for pickup was longer than I'd expected, had to book more than two week in advance to get a service with pickup and drop. Since it's the first service, I didn't mind it so much. The staff was courteous and they constantly kept me updated on the service. The only issue I had was that they delivered the car with crazy low fuel levels, like DTE was around 22KM, which made me panic a bit as I was stuck in traffic and that isn't exactly reliable. Thankfully, pulled through and reached the nearest fuel station without much drama.*
  • Overall very happy with the car - I'm someone who has constant buyer's remorse, but the car with that sweet CRDI 1.5 + 6AT is so sweet that it never leaves you disappointed!

Last edited by epiccross : 29th April 2023 at 18:48.
epiccross is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 09:13   #1914
BHPian

Guys need your suggestion. Today it was a rather unfortunate day. My driver while reversing the car banged it in the gate. I'm sharing the pics here. Now my question is what are the options available to me and how much will it cost to get it repaired?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20230504_072028.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20230504_072019.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20230504_072059.jpg  

Old 4th May 2023, 10:49   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys need your suggestion. Today it was a rather unfortunate day. My driver while reversing the car banged it in the gate. I'm sharing the pics here. Now my question is what are the options available to me and how much will it cost to get it repaired?
The car seems to have taken a decent hit. No way around it, claim insurance and get the door/bumper replaced and whatever body work is to be done. Just take it to the service center and they'll give you the quote, won't they?
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 10:59   #1916
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I booked Sonet GTX + AT yesterday. The booking representative told me that I will have to take the insurance from the dealership only and if I don't do so then I'll have to sign an undertaking stating that I won't be given the facility of cashless claim at any Kia dealership.

I contested the same. He said I can take the insurance from anywhere and the company won't stop me but that underwriting will be a must from my side.

How true is this?
Old 14th May 2023, 11:43   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Hello everyone,
I booked Sonet GTX + AT yesterday. The booking representative told me that I will have to take the insurance from the dealership only and if I don't do so then I'll have to sign an undertaking stating that I won't be given the facility of cashless claim at any Kia dealership.

I contested the same. He said I can take the insurance from anywhere and the company won't stop me but that underwriting will be a must from my side.

How true is this?
Their insurance is worthless, I didn't even get a copy until I contacted the dealership a few weeks after delivery. The undertaking is confusing , does it mean that in the second year cashless claims will be entertained from any provider? The insurance is on your vehicle, it's not a claim on the dealership's resources.

The Sonet diesel automatic doesn't have a single competitor, so it's a seller's market, this overpriced policy is the modern equivalent of paying delivery premium.
Old 14th May 2023, 13:49   #1918
BHPian

I am myself an insurance advisor and I told them that I won't be signing any undertaking. Have already mailed their support team and have got a call back also asking for 48 hours to resolve the issue. The email response also says that I can buy insurance from anywhere but still in mum on the cashless thing. I'm sure they'll fall in line.

Regarding competition, I totally agree. I'm replacing my 15-year-old Honda City after 2.25 lakh kms and need a car with good mileage as the same will be driven >80 kms daily. Also I wanted automatic, no other option I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Their insurance is worthless, I didn't even get a copy until I contacted the dealership a few weeks after delivery. The undertaking is confusing , does it mean that in the second year cashless claims will be entertained from any provider? The insurance is on your vehicle, it's not a claim on the dealership's resources.

The Sonet diesel automatic doesn't have a single competitor, so it's a seller's market, this overpriced policy is the modern equivalent of paying delivery premium.
Old 14th May 2023, 16:29   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post

My observations with the Black Beauty (HTX D AT) - Post 1000+ KMS and First Service

[/list]
Good to read the review, feeling confident that I have made the right choice by booking the car.

What are the major differences b/w GTX+ D AT and HTX, or if I reframe my question, why didn't you go for GTX+?
rickygupta2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 20:13   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Good to read the review, feeling confident that I have made the right choice by booking the car.

What are the major differences b/w GTX+ D AT and HTX, or if I reframe my question, why didn't you go for GTX+?
Mostly budgetary constraints - had stretched the budget thin already and had to cap it at 15L.

Differences are essentially bells and whistles like larger display, ventilated seats, air purifier, Kia Connect etc. And of course, the top end has 6 airbags, front and rear parking sensors, autodimming IRVM, rear wiper (this sucks in HTX), black seats (white seats are a pain, so immediately installed airbag friendly seat covers). If you can afford to spend, absolutely do. HTX is good VFM still, I can still live with it coming from an Amaze

Congrats by the way, it's a terrific car - D AT is the segment best when it comes to Autos.

Last edited by epiccross : 14th May 2023 at 20:15.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks