Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 18:17   #1786
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
My first service is due in 10 days, will keep you posted. One more thing to note, if you want your vehicle quickly and don't have a shortage of funds, I would recommend you book with DKH Kia Calicut, Incheon Kia (Palakkad, Thrissur, or Ernakulam) and NCS Kia as well, all of them offer all India delivery too. The waiting periods have significantly reduced to just 2 to 3 months for the Sonet as well. However, if you are opting for the My Convenience service package, do take it from the dealership closest to you.
The booking amount is what, like 20K? Is it just to make sure that I get it on time?

Also what's the advantage with this My Convenience package? Was thinking of 2 years extended warranty and nothing else.
Old 16th November 2022, 04:47   #1787
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
The booking amount is what, like 20K? Is it just to make sure that I get it on time?

Also what's the advantage with this My Convenience package? Was thinking of 2 years extended warranty and nothing else.
The booking amount is 25K. Yes it is to make sure you get delivery priority. The My convenience package is a prepaid maintenance package. Details are provided in the link below.

https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...nvenience.html
bijims is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 10:03   #1788

Does it make sense to take the myConvenience package?

I recently went for my 1 year service and the SA asked me to opt for it.
As per what he showed, it'd have cost me around 14-15k for the 1 year and 2 year services. But with opting for the plan, they'll charge around 11k plus consumables.
But when I check the service cost estimate via myKia app, it shows only 1500 as the service cost estimate.

Am I missing something here? What additional stuff are they offering as part of their plan?
Old 21st November 2022, 13:00   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Just picked up a Sonet Diesel HTX AT 5 days ago, Guys, does your Sonet Diesel AT comes with the under the hood sound deadening material?

As per the dealership, only Seltos and above gets it! My friend's Seltos gets the same.

Attachment 2379630
Congrats! I myself have been waiting for almost 6months now for the same.

Couple of guys on FB had reported a DIY placing seltos hood insulation on sonet as well. Ofcourse the holes won't match, but how hard would it be to make a few holes in the insulation material, by matching corresponding holes in the bonnet? Some press-fit clips and, voila you've got a insulation!
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 22:18   #1790
BHPian

Hello!

Has anyone been able to use 2nd SIM while making calls using steering mounted controls? My 2nd SIM is default SIM for calls but Sonet is picking first SIM everytime for making calls. I have a OnePlus Nord CE 2. Would really appreciate if my Sonet makes the calls from the 2nd SIM instead.
Old 25th November 2022, 22:56   #1791
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Hello!

Has anyone been able to use 2nd SIM while making calls using steering mounted controls? My 2nd SIM is default SIM for calls but Sonet is picking first SIM everytime for making calls. I have a OnePlus Nord CE 2. Would really appreciate if my Sonet makes the calls from the 2nd SIM instead.
You would have to use Android auto to pick the SIM and place the call from there.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 03:11   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Congrats! I myself have been waiting for almost 6months now for the same.

Couple of guys on FB had reported a DIY placing seltos hood insulation on sonet as well. Ofcourse the holes won't match, but how hard would it be to make a few holes in the insulation material, by matching corresponding holes in the bonnet? Some press-fit clips and, voila you've got a insulation!
Exactly! I have spoken to a friend who owns a workshop to get the job done for me.
It's an easy fix.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:09   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to this! I've zeroed in like 99% on Kia Sonet D AT and might book with the same showroom as you! My only concern is with the platform and the questionable safety, but I really couldn't bring myself to pick any other car which seriously can't match the premium feel, feature set (and hopefully driveability from what I hear) of the car!
I was in the same boat as you, at this time last year. Did a small TD, came back with a wide grin on my face. Picked up my GTX DAT in January this year. 13000 kms on the odo till date and the concerns are all gone. The wide grin still remains whenever I fire up the diesel. At around 1000-1200 rpm, the Sonet growls as if a cheetah cub wants to play. Once the turbo kicks in , the Cheetah launches itself. I hope you can see through the poetic romance I'm trying to build up with my Sonet here. I'm going for an inter-city run today and I'm pretty excited, even though I've been doing these trips every fortnight over the past 10 months. Hope you find it reassuring

Last edited by jasjotbains : 26th November 2022 at 08:11.
jasjotbains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 22:04   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I was in the same boat as you, at this time last year. Did a small TD, came back with a wide grin on my face. Picked up my GTX DAT in January this year. 13000 kms on the odo till date and the concerns are all gone. The wide grin still remains whenever I fire up the diesel. At around 1000-1200 rpm, the Sonet growls as if a cheetah cub wants to play. Once the turbo kicks in , the Cheetah launches itself. I hope you can see through the poetic romance I'm trying to build up with my Sonet here. I'm going for an inter-city run today and I'm pretty excited, even though I've been doing these trips every fortnight over the past 10 months. Hope you find it reassuring
Hey my guy, absolutely reassuring! I'm yet to TD this, but your experience it certainly helps. Plus, whoever I've asked till now has only showered praises on the D AT. I shall bear the tradeoffs, as no other car in the price segment offers so much + has a good powertrain.
Old 27th November 2022, 19:30   #1795
BHPian

Completed a 4500 km trip of Shimla, Manali and Dharamshala in the Sonet GTX DCT.

Took off from Mumbai on 12-Nov and returned on 26-Nov.

The car was fun to drive both on the plains and on the hills too. Used a mix of Eco and Sport mode and the car returned an average of 15.5 kmpl. It was 17 kmpl when I reached Manor (about 60 km from Mumbai) before I hit the Mumbai traffic a km before the Vasai creek bridge which brought down the final average to a shocking low value of 15.5 kmpl.

Had a great drive and the car drove well throughout. Also completed the 20,000 km milestone along the way.

The one drive it could not do was on an icy slope at Narkanda where the car kept skidding. It has snowed a few days before and some of the snow had melted to form ice due to which the Sonet could not drive up.

We had to leave the car mid-way and joined another group to the top (Hatu mandir). They made it because of the 4x4 that they were driving.

Also enjoyed the drive through Atal tunnel on the way to Sissu.

The hill hold definitely helped boost the confidence during the uphill drive in Shimla amidst stop and go traffic.

A very satisfying drive to be sure.

Looking forward to more such drives. ��

Last edited by gpagedar : 27th November 2022 at 19:48. Reason: Added vehicle details
gpagedar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 20:18   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
We had to leave the car mid-way and joined another group to the top (Hatu mandir). They made it because of the 4x4 that they were driving.
Was this black ice or fresh snow? I mean if it's black ice then obviously expected.

Did the traction mode help at all?
Old 27th November 2022, 21:29   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Was this black ice or fresh snow? I mean if it's black ice then obviously expected.
It was ice after the fresh snow has melted and froze again. Yes, it was expected but I thought I would try anyway.

A foolish decision in hindsight because on those slopes close to the edge and under the given road conditions things could have gone very wrong.

It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Did the traction mode help at all?
Traction mode did not help. Traction mode is for snow so I was not expecting it to work anyway.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 21:34   #1798
BHPian

Yeah sounds like dry ice then. Fair, it's not designed for that. But great to know that it pulled through well in the hills!
Old 4th December 2022, 07:44   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Damm... But I believe Kia would have changed it during the 1/2/3 service.
Nevertheless, as you said, better to get it checked.
But my earlier i10 Grand's battery had to be changed every year. Hyundai never did any recall, was told that is the battery life. Which now i doubt 🧐🤔
It is battery issue.
I have two keys, the first key which has been used for last 1 and half years, started showing this warning. The second key which hadnot used is working fine
jkrkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:13   #1800
BHPian

Hello!

Kia Sonet Deisel AT fits perfectly my requirement for a new car. I am looking for a torquey automatic without going the DCT way. But I have been hesitant after hearing the DPF related woes from all users of BS 6 diesel cars across all brands.

Wanted to know from you all - how real is the DPF pain ? My usage can be considered as mostly city (as intercity traffic within Kerala dont let you go beyond city speeds for long).
spanner777 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks