Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2023, 17:45   #1831
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

15.25 was the price quoted by SA for D AT HTX! :( Trying to negotiate and bring the cost near to 15L. Insane how much I had to stretch the budget, was looking for something in the 10-12 ballpark. Now officially it's 15+!

Anyway still considering that everyone's going to do this, and nobody still has D AT for this price, I guess I'm still going ahead with my booking.
Old 4th January 2023, 17:50   #1832
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
15.25 was the price quoted by SA for D AT HTX! :( Trying to negotiate and bring the cost near to 15L. Insane how much I had to stretch the budget, was looking for something in the 10-12 ballpark. Now officially it's 15+!

Anyway still considering that everyone's going to do this, and nobody still has D AT for this price, I guess I'm still going ahead with my booking.
Do you have any promised delivery date yet, if not prices will increase in April too, so make sure to get your Diesel cars before the RDE norms kick in.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 17:59   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Do you have any promised delivery date yet, if not prices will increase in April too, so make sure to get your Diesel cars before the RDE norms kick in.
Yeah this was communicated by the SA. Official waiting period is like 6 months (from december) but according to SA, I should get it by Jan end-Feb. I've also told that if the color is not available, I can compromise on that.

I'm slightly worried about BS norms getting stricter + the smaller diesels being dropped increasingly, but god, nothing in this segment to me is so much fun to drive as the D AT, and returns quite decent FE at that! Hope the resale value holds up reasonably down the line.
Old 4th January 2023, 18:03   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah this was communicated by the SA. Official waiting period is like 6 months (from december) but according to SA, I should get it by Jan end-Feb. I've also told that if the color is not available, I can compromise on that.

I'm slightly worried about BS norms getting stricter + the smaller diesels being dropped increasingly, but god, nothing in this segment to me is so much fun to drive as the D AT, and returns quite decent FE at that! Hope the resale value holds up reasonably down the line.
If you need any help with the purchase and delivery of Kia cars, you can always DM me! Glad to help anyone! I am not endorsing any dealership nor am I financially or in any way involved in Kia dealerships. I have friends in Incheon Kia, NCS Kia and DKH Kia dealerships, if anyone needs any help, I will gladly post details of whatever help you may need.

Last edited by bijims : 4th January 2023 at 18:20. Reason: Mods if you feel this is inappropriate you may delete this post, I am willing to provide details to anyone wanting a Kia car.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 18:29   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Additionally, I was informed today by my SA that the price of Sonet is increased by 40,000 for diesel and 20,000 for petrol ex-showroom. Effectively, I might have saved about 50,000 by buying in December.

Related news:
https://gaadify.com/kia-cars-got-exp...t-seltos-more/
Thanks! Kia's official website shows the updated price now.

@AmazeGuru can you tell me when you made the booking? My friend booked D AT GTX+ in September 2022 and is still waiting.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 19:22   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
@AmazeGuru can you tell me when you made the booking? My friend booked D AT GTX+ in September 2022 and is still waiting.
I guess I got lucky. I booked on 7th Oct 2022 and was given delivery date of Feb 1st week (4 months). But mid-December, my SA called and informed me that an Imperial Blue Sonet is available (I had booked Red) and if I wanted to change the color. Took my family for PDI, they liked the colur and within a week completed formalities.

So, I think a lot depends on luck, however constantly following up with SA and the Manager would help keep your friend's request in radar, possibly for early delivery.
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:16   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Thanks! Kia's official website shows the updated price now.

As an additional opinion, I had booked Sonet D AT HTX in June at two places with verbal commitment of 3 months. Unfortunately I couldn't get it till Dec when I decided to raise hell at both dealerships as well as complaining to Kia (which was as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane). However I was not willing to compromise on auto, diesel, or colour option (initially only grey, later added blue to the list)

Mid Dec they mentioned there might be a blue GTX available, which I picked up as no doubt prices would increase from Jan. I figured instead of paying 60k-100k additional for a Jan manufactured vehicle, I'd pay 1.5L more and get a higher variant.
Now the loan has been disbursed as well but no delivery as parents waiting for 'muhurat'. PDI done. Insurance done. RTO passing next week most probably.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:30   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
As an additional opinion, I had booked Sonet D AT HTX in June at two places with verbal commitment of 3 months. Unfortunately I couldn't get it till Dec when I decided to raise hell at both dealerships as well as complaining to Kia (which was as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane). However I was not willing to compromise on auto, diesel, or colour option (initially only grey, later added blue to the list)

Mid Dec they mentioned there might be a blue GTX available, which I picked up as no doubt prices would increase from Jan. I figured instead of paying 60k-100k additional for a Jan manufactured vehicle, I'd pay 1.5L more and get a higher variant.
Now the loan has been disbursed as well but no delivery as parents waiting for 'muhurat'. PDI done. Insurance done. RTO passing next week most probably.
Congrats on your new car, good that you got it billed in December, else 50K was a sure increase, especially since diesels are going to be much more pricier from April. Surely we will see a price hike in April too with Diesels getting a higher price hike than petrols.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:36   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Just checked on Carwale app, on road price for Sonet HTX D-AT has increased by 1.10 lacs since i bought it in Sep 2021. That's a steep rise in just 16 months. Car prices are literally going insane.
Old 5th January 2023, 12:36   #1840
BHPian

My friend just had a discussion with the sales manager and it seems like the diesel ATs are currently limited. I'm not sure how reliable this information is, but they said the production of current-generation diesel ATs is limited as they may not be able to register the vehicle after March. They promised an update by mid-February.
Old 5th January 2023, 13:04   #1841
BHPian

The 1.5 CRDi from Hyundai-Kia is one of the most widely used engines powering the Creta, Seltos, Sonet, Venue, Verna, Carens, Alcazar, etc, So it is in no way getting discontinued.

Vehicles manufactured on or after 1st April must comply with RDE norms, Kia is currently producing cars at almost full capacity with almost half of the Sonet and Seltos sales from diesel, so it is in no way possible for low dispatches of at least the 115hp powered VGT Sonet Diesel AT. The 100hp powered WGT powered manual variants engine is more likely to be discontinued and may have low production.

The LNT system of existing Hyundai-Kia cars with 1.5 VGT Diesel engines may have to be upgraded to the SCR system with AdBlue to comply with new norms which may be the bottleneck for production in high capacity.

Existing bookings which have surpassed the estimated waiting periods are however likely to be delivered with production likely to subside only by mid-February. So new bookings of Diesel cars may have to wait a bit until delivery.

Last edited by bijims : 5th January 2023 at 13:19.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 15:29   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
The 1.5 CRDi from Hyundai-Kia is one of the most widely used engines powering the Creta, Seltos, Sonet, Venue, Verna, Carens, Alcazar, etc, So it is in no way getting discontinued.
This is one of the biggest pluses for us D AT owners. I think this might be the most popular/sold diesel engine currently - Creta + Seltos itself should make up huge numbers. Unilke the D MT, this sort of gives a peace of mind vis a vis the after sales, even if it's discontinued in Sonet as it's a smaller car. But honestly, I don't think it will be.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 15:23   #1843

I’m planning to get my car serviced next week. I can’t even imagine my baby has already clocked 20000 km within 1.5 years. As I’m choosing my service centre in a small town due to job location, generally their awareness levels among the various updates in terms of new software updates and factory defective part replacements that other service centres have already been executing will not be in the limelight as most service agents are ignorant. Please provide any insights that can be helpful so that my visit to the service centre will be fruitful.

-Thank you
hemanth_1963 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 19:29   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth_1963 View Post
Please provide any insights that can be helpful so that my visit to the service centre will be fruitful.
How far is the more "urban" service center? Honestly, it's just about following SOPs for regular maintenance, as far as I know. So shouldn't matter much right?

Or you can check with your SA (from the dealership where you'd gotten the car from) and understand what all maintenance is to be performed now. Make a checklist and follow up with this service center guy.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 22:33   #1845

Quote:
How far is the more "urban" service center? Honestly, it's just about following SOPs for regular maintenance, as far as I know. So shouldn't matter much right?

Or you can check with your SA (from the dealership where you'd gotten the car from) and understand what all maintenance is to be performed now. Make a checklist and follow up with this service center guy.
Nearby "Urban" service centre is 200 km ahead, Last time at 10000 km service I faced an issue, just before servicing Facebook group of car owners had a topic about replacing horn in some batch of particular month's manufactured cars just before taking gate pass, I asked service agent the question and asked them to check, which they obliged, and finally replaced the horn with a dual tone horn. That's one of the reasons I prefer to research any new information and proceed with service.
-Thank you for the answer
hemanth_1963 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks