Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 12:39   #1816
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Yes, it's a DAT, the issue occurred even after service took a look at it. There has been no issue in the last two months. Its a September 2021 model.
That's really worrisome. I wonder if any new Sonet D AT owners have faced the same issue. I'm waiting for mine and this has really started to bother me now.
Old 19th December 2022, 17:51   #1817
BHPian

Hi All - I am getting delivery of GTX+ D AT (Imperial Blue) on 22nd Dec. I have rejected most of the accessories in the standard 20k accessory kit (except mats, flaps, body cover).

The dealership is also selling sunfilm for all the glass surfaces, including front windshield and rear one, for 12k. They say it has anti-glare feature as well. I know that glasses with < 70% visibility is banned, but here are my questions -

1. Has anyone got the sunfilm installed from dealership?
2. If yes, does it really help with both heat and anti-glare at night?

Also, I was being sold the ceramic coat that costs 36k. Is it worth it or better to get it done outside in a car detailing shop?
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:41   #1818
BHPian

KIA SONET X-LINE DCT INITIAL OWNERSHIP REVIEW

I have been in search of the perfect compact SUV for over a year now and during this time frame. I have been test-driven for almost a decade of cars. But the Kia Sonet was the one that I felt was the most well-rounded of the lot.so I finally took the plunge and decided to book the Kia Sonet GTX+ DCT in August 2022. However never did I know that the scenario would change for the better when I visited the Kia showroom in September along with a friend of mine who also was keen on the Kia Sonet. In the stockyard, I witnessed a brand new Kia Sonet in a matte finish just arriving and I immediately knew that I wanted it. So I enquired with the Kia executives and they told me that they didn't have any bookings for the said model and I could be the first one from the showroom to get it delivered.so I immediately did the formalities to get it my existing booking converted, with the booking conversion done and payment made.

I just had to wait for the launch of the car at the dealership and the completion of RTO formalities. Finally. the day arrived and my car was set to deliver on the auspicious occasion of Onam. It was such a joy to witness the Kia Sonet X Line 1.0 DCT in its ravishing matte graphite colour waiting to be unveiled in the showroom and for me to be the first one to get my hands on it in town. The delivery ceremony was an absolute treat and I was overjoyed to get handed the keys to the car. The Kia Sonet X Line is definitely a looker and it grabs attention everywhere you go. Moving on to the car, the splendid siege interiors, Leatherette ventilated seats, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with reverse camera and parking sensors, Bose speakers, voice command, TPMS, Air purifier, and electric sunroof are some of the many luxuries you just can't get enough of.

The Performance is exemplary with the quick-shifting 7-speed DCT being quick and agile. Mileage has been great too, Drive modes and traction control modes are nifty feature that further adds to the convenience. We have driven the Kia Sonet for over 1000 kilometers over the past 2 months and it has been an exciting experience every drive, be it on the highway or in traffic, The Kia Sonet pampers you with all its finesse, and overtakes on the highway are seamless and even in traffic. The Kia Sonet never tires you out. The smoothness of the DCT and the sheer convenience of an automatic truly enhances the experience. I am sure you too would never be disappointed with the Kia Sonet.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-front-2.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-front-bottom.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-front.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-rear.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-rear-3q.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-7-dct-side-2.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-7dct.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-xline-side.jpeg  

Attached Images

yedukrishnan199 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 10:05   #1819
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post

Kia Sonet Diesel AT- Purchase experience and initial ownership review

It's been two months since I got hold of my Kia Sonet Diesel AT and the experience has been great so far, with a trip to Wayanad being the only long journey we had with our car. The first service, although due on 26th November could only be completed on 5th December. The drive, mileage, and performance of the car have been exemplary so far too.

The only sad bit is that my car got scratched in the rear a few weeks ago and with it being a brand-new car, it really hurt. Nonetheless, I have been able to overcome the sadness and move on. The service experience from Kia was great with them providing me pick and drop and the service personnel constantly updating me with pictures of my car's service being done. They also completed the complementary underbody coating and rodent repellent coating which comes along with the Kia My Convenience package during this service as well. Overall, the service experience from Kia is excellent with the staff being well-mannered and cooperative at all times.

I have felt the car to be a bit more livelier after the first service and it just adds more fun to the drive experience. A trip to the Airport in Kochi was the only major drive I had since the service, but am hoping for a trip around the new year. Mileage overall has been hovering around the twenties and I am happy with it as well.

So far, I am really enjpying my experience with my Kia Sonet and I am extremely happy I took the plunge and went ahead with Kia Sonet, and hopefully it stays the same way throughout my ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-car-bottom-front.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-car-bottom-rear.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-service-front.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-service-rear.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-overall-mileage.jpeg  

bijims is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 00:02   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Has any sonet user faced braking issues (like with Creta/Seltos) where the brakes go hard (particularly on bad roads)?
I've faced this a few times on bad roads, especially near a railway crossing on my way to work. Does it also feel like metal rubbing on metal? I mostly attribute it to locking the tires while they're airborne/on gravel. Never faced on smooth roads though
jasjotbains is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 02:24   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Please update me on this, will you? Thinking of getting this done myself once I get my Sonet.
Also, how much does it cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anup_av View Post
Please post an update once this is done, I am also considering to get an under-hood insulation done.
Hey guys! Due to work & personal commitments this is still due along with a lot of other stuff. I will be getting it done next month most probably. For now, I have just got the window tints installed. :
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 04:28   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I've faced this a few times on bad roads, especially near a railway crossing on my way to work. Does it also feel like metal rubbing on metal? I mostly attribute it to locking the tires while they're airborne/on gravel. Never faced on smooth roads though
Is it just hard to depress or does the brake completely stop working for a while?
Old 29th December 2022, 09:15   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Is it just hard to depress or does the brake completely stop working for a while?
It happens very rarely so I am unable to recollect precisely. But the brake pedal does become hard and the Sonet skids for say 2-3 feet. I release the brake and it's back to normal. Maybe ABS doesn't kick in at low speeds and the wheels lock up.
Old 30th December 2022, 12:50   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
The dealership is also selling sunfilm for all the glass surfaces, including front windshield and rear one, for 12k. They say it has anti-glare feature as well. I know that glasses with < 70% visibility is banned, but here are my questions -

1. Has anyone got the sunfilm installed from dealership?
2. If yes, does it really help with both heat and anti-glare at night?
I got the sunfilm installed from the dealership for 10k. I still believe I overpaid, but to answer your question:- It really doesn't help that much in terms of anti glare. I believe this because I got mine installed before going on major night drives and there is no parameter for comparison.
Quote:
Also, I was being sold the ceramic coat that costs 36k. Is it worth it or better to get it done outside in a car detailing shop?
I would recommend getting it done outside. Have got a full body PPF done on my Sonet and I strongly believe it's a worthy investment. The guy also does Ceramic coating and is trustworthy and professional. DM me if you want his contact details.
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:47   #1825
BHPian

Took delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT on 22nd December, after exchanging my 9-year old Amaze at the dealership. It has been fabulous experience so far with Sonet. Will post the detailed buying, exchanging and initial ownership report soon.

I have two questions:
1. When I connect my phone for Android Auto (for some weired reason, GTX+ only supports wired android auto whereas lower environments have wireless) - after stopping the car and turning off the engine, my phone restarts. I tried this with another android phone and it works fine. I am guessing something in my phone is causing this, I looked up on Google and lot of people are having problem with Chrome update. I removed it, but the problem still persists. Anyone has come across this problem and solution to it?
2. The DTE indicator shows 1,015 KM when I did full tank of diesel. Obviously it is way off the real DTE. I have driven about 100 km since then and now it shows 850km. Is there a logic, or issue with it or is it normal behavior?
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:53   #1826
BHPian

Quote:

I have two questions:
1. When I connect my phone for Android Auto (for some weired reason, GTX+ only supports wired android auto
This is a bad goof up by Kia where full option only has wired auto! Hopefully they'll fix it in OTA updates. The excuse given by my SA was that this is owing to inbuilt navigation. But that doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
2. The DTE indicator shows 1,015 KM when I did full tank of diesel. Obviously it is way off the real DTE. I have driven about 100 km since then and now it shows 850km. Is there a logic, or issue with it or is it normal behavior?
I guess it's owing to your driving style? The estimate will change based on that. You could put in eco and do light footed drives, but that's no fun with a powerful, fun car like Sonet! 😁
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:28   #1827

Took Delivery of the Sonet diesel AT GTX+ a week back and it has been a satisfying experience so far, even more so now as my SA just told me the price of Sonet D AT GTX+ has increased by 40,000/-
I reckon people at Kia were serious about the price hike news
ankitmahi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 11:40   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Use the vehicle for a few 1000s of kms. The DTE eventually adapts to your driving style and will begin showing figures accordingly. My car used to show 700 kms with 2000 worth of fuel, now it has come down to 500 kms.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 23:24   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of GTX+ Diesel AT on 22nd December,

The DTE indicator shows 1,015 KM when I did full tank of diesel. Obviously it is way off the real DTE. I have driven about 100 km since then and now it shows 850km. Is there a logic, or issue with it or is it normal behavior?
Congratulations on getting yourself a wonderful beast of a vehicle!

The DTE also depends on whether you fill up till cutoff or till it starts overflowing. 1 year down and I get a Max DTE reading of 960 kms. Apart from that, how sedately you drive also has a bearing on DTE. If I drive at 80 on a highway after a thankful, my instantaneous average is 25+ kmpl and DTE is 950 kms even though I've driven over a 100kms it can be taken as a reference but not as an exact measurement. You'll start getting a feel of the actual fuel levels once you're experienced with the vehicle. Safe driving!
jasjotbains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 14:13   #1830
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your inputs on the DTE issue. I am still figuring out the solution for phone restart issue when disconnecting from Android Auto.

Additionally, I was informed today by my SA that the price of Sonet is increased by 40,000 for diesel and 20,000 for petrol ex-showroom. Effectively, I might have saved about 50,000 by buying in December.

Related news:
https://gaadify.com/kia-cars-got-exp...t-seltos-more/
AmazeGuru is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks