Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th May 2021, 11:56   #1066
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Wow. Impressive. I was comparing the Sonet HTX 1.5D with the Ecosport Titanium Diesel variant. I think Sonet here makes a more better alternative at Rs50,000 more. See details below (pros and cons)
  • Slightly better fuel efficiency(24kmpl vs 21kmpl)
  • Slightly bigger engine(99bhp 240Nm vs 99bhp 215Nm)
  • 40lit extra boot space
  • 5mm extra width tyres and GC
  • Rear AC vents
  • Reverse camera with guidance
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear armrest
  • Ambient interior lightning, Automatic headlights, Dual cabin lights
  • Android Auto/CarPlay support
  • - No Traction Control
  • - No driver car
  • - No telematics
  • - No rear wiper
  • - No GPS navigation
blueshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 00:16   #1067
BHPian

Kia Sonet sunroof leaking issue.

This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to driving during rain - water leakage from the roof - and now with cars coming up with sunroofs, this really makes me paranoid about it even more. I know this isn't happening with every second car but this is definitely not a one off incident either. Have been hearing quite a few cases of sunroofs leaking.

Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 10:42   #1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Kia Sonet sunroof leaking issue.

This is one of my biggest fears when it comes to driving during rain - water leakage from the roof - and now with cars coming up with sunroofs, this really makes me paranoid about it even more. I know this isn't happening with every second car but this is definitely not a one off incident either. Have been hearing quite a few cases of sunroofs leaking.
From the video it looks like the sunroof is in tilt mode. Hence the water dripping is seen. Even then no water is entering the cabin and it is only dripping to the designated drains. Which I think is fair and expected when the sunroof is in tilt mode. The second half of the video where the water is entering the cabin seems to be of a harrier with a leaking sunroof ()
niranjan94 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 13:36   #1069

Hello Forum Members,

I booked my Sonet GTX+ Diesel AT back in January. The expected waiting time was 11 weeks i.e Mid-april.

The dealership has been very competent(sarcasm) in telling the car will come in next allotment which is the same answer I have been getting for last 3 weeks.

While I am excited getting the new updated variant, the whole joy of ownership is now drowned in these delays. The manager also seemed quite clueless. I am contemplating lodging a formal complaint with Kia Customer Care but I don't want to sour the relation further and planning to do this after receiving my vehicle.

Any suggestions from this forum would help? Did most of you face such delays in your delivery.

Thanks
Eeshaan
aeeshaan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 14:39   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Hello Forum Members,

I booked my Sonet GTX+ Diesel AT back in January. The expected waiting time was 11 weeks i.e Mid-april.

The dealership has been very competent(sarcasm) in telling the car will come in next allotment which is the same answer I have been getting for last 3 weeks.

While I am excited getting the new updated variant, the whole joy of ownership is now drowned in these delays. The manager also seemed quite clueless. I am contemplating lodging a formal complaint with Kia Customer Care but I don't want to sour the relation further and planning to do this after receiving my vehicle.

Any suggestions from this forum would help? Did most of you face such delays in your delivery.

Thanks
Eeshaan
I have been getting confirmation for the last 3 months, that I will get allotment this month. This month, it was different, they called to say I will get allotment next month. I also received the below sms, I have no idea what it means.

Dear avira_tk as requested your booking for Kia SONET has been modified to 07/05/2021. Vehicle delivery period will be subject to stock availability and as per the booking modification date.

I booked the car in November, then changed the colour option in January/February, these communications started only after I changed the colour. The only certain thing is that they will let me know when my car is allocated 10 days before planned delivery. Regarding the above sms, I didn't modify my booking on 7th May. Don't contact them, they won't bother to address any issues, they are in a seller's market, the situation is the same everywhere.
avira_tk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:36   #1071

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I have been getting confirmation for the last 3 months, that I will get allotment this month.
=====
Don't contact them, they won't bother to address any issues, they are in a seller's market, the situation is the same everywhere.
Thanks. Yes. I am tired of following up. They'll give the car when they have to give. I am little apprehensive that the dealer might allot the car to someone else. I am not sure if the allotment is done by the dealer or factory.
Anyway I haven't received any single intimation from Kia as well, either email or sms. The last thing we got was booking Confirmation
Old 11th May 2021, 11:22   #1072

I had booked Sonet GTX+ Petrol DCT , online in April 2021. Dealership contacted me and finished the initial paper works and informed that the waiting period will be two months. Last week, got a booking modification SMS from KIA and apparently this SMS is sent to all customers who are waiting for allocation.
Old 11th May 2021, 11:40   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
Wow. Impressive. I was comparing the Sonet HTX 1.5D with the Ecosport Titanium Diesel variant. I think Sonet here makes a more better alternative at Rs50,000 more. See details below (pros and cons)
  • Slightly better fuel efficiency(24kmpl vs 21kmpl)
  • Slightly bigger engine(99bhp 240Nm vs 99bhp 215Nm)
  • 40lit extra boot space
  • 5mm extra width tyres and GC
  • Rear AC vents
  • Reverse camera with guidance
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear armrest
  • Ambient interior lightning, Automatic headlights, Dual cabin lights
  • Android Auto/CarPlay support
  • - No Traction Control
  • - No driver car
  • - No telematics
  • - No rear wiper
  • - No GPS navigation
Most states have a higher bracket of road tax once the ex.showroom crosses 10L and hence the 50k more becomes ~1L more on road.

The Sonet HTX now gets ESC, so traction control will also be present. It is an ESC/ESP function.
Old 11th May 2021, 11:52   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
I had booked Sonet GTX+ Petrol DCT , online in April 2021. Dealership contacted me and finished the initial paper works and informed that the waiting period will be two months. Last week, got a booking modification SMS from KIA and apparently this SMS is sent to all customers who are waiting for allocation.
Maybe, but this SMS is coming the second time and no sign of allocation. The dealership might have a role to play in how the communication is sent, I didn't modify my booking on the date given in the SMS.
Old 15th May 2021, 21:48   #1075

Hello Everyone,

An unfortunate incident happened today with my Sonet. The left passenger side door was damaged by some sort of machine that someone was carrying on his Activa.

I was making a left turn (narrow) and at the same time that guy thought there is enough space to sneak in but ended up doing this.

What should be my next steps?
1) Do i need to get the door replaced under claim?
2) Is it a dent that can be fixed by outside (i don't prefer that) or i can make a forced claim to ask for door change?
3) Beginners query- If they end up changing my door, is it too much of electrical work as well w.r.t to sensors for door open/close signal, car lock, etc. I don't want to tinker the new machine that has run only 200 odd kms.

Attached pics below. Would really appreciate inputs from member. From my what i can see the door guard with Sonet badging is totally ripped off and can see further damage, so not sure what should be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-0d783277d6304ac9961b94a8a7c22929.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-99a240f8ea554f358d40866813a56431.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-694b6e4db2514a0aa75e6e28c89eac67.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-4211bc41a2f04aef9670af7c045c911e.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-a25a369e856b45ff831ff94420bf36aa.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-a32a3468affe4beb996475d94586ae43.jpg  

nayan_ncr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed