Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 17:44   #991
BHPian

Wireless android auto update for Kia Sonet GTX+

Hi fellow members,

I recently took ownership of a Kia Sonet GTX+, and also came to know about the wireless Android auto/Apple carplay feature whish is missing. Apparently, this feature is available in the lower variants with the 8 inch touch screen and not in the top end (GTX+) with 10.25 inch screen.

I also remember reading in some other forum about this feature coming via an update for GTX+.

Can someone confirm the news about this update, when it is expected and why is that GTX+ doesnt have this feature, while lower variants have?

TIA
Old 21st March 2021, 11:09   #992
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
Is there any way to get this back to normal without repainting the entire boot? Are the scratches something that can be dealt with easily? Please let me know. I'm kicking myself for this.
Hi, I have used scratch remover purchased via Amazon (about 500/-) and I found it to be reasonably good to hide minor scratches.
Old 21st March 2021, 11:46   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
But if at all the Sonet is doing so well, why aren’t there any updates here? Of are the Bhpians staying away from the Sonet?
I took my D/AT to the mountains last week. Here are some of the issues I experienced:
1. After driving on dirt roads, a lot of dust settles at the rear wind screen. Sometimes, its so bad that I couldn't see through it. Design of the rear end of the car appears to be an issue.
2. A lot of dust settles on the door sills/frames, which is difficult to clean near the hinges. The sealing of the doors appears to be inadequate.
3. The rubber stoppers at doors tend to fall off (flimsy).
4. F/E is very sensitive to the aircon. I found a difference of 4-5kms/L when driving uphill.
5. UVO does not operate most of the times on mountains. It cannot connect to the Server.
6. The route suggested by the built in Navigation system was incorrect most of the times on mountains. Google is certainly a more reliable option there.
TS Rawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 18:40   #994
BHPian

Did a Trip to Madikeri (Bangalore, Mysore, Kushal Nagar, Madikeri) in Kia Sonet HTX imt. Stayed there for two days.
Here is my experience.
First the Good part;
* The car looks gorgeous, especially the intense red colour. Sharing two pictures.
* AC is very effective. Ride quality (!) is good, in most roads. Spacious enough for 4 people, and their (!) luggage.
* The manual selection of gearbox in the imt gives the freedom to choose the suitable gear corresponding to the speed (or is it the other way around).
*Comfortable drive on Highway.

The negative points are;
*I felt powerless �� at two kinds of situations.
(1). When I try to overtake other vehicles at highways, if I am at 4th are 5th gear, the car keeps on moving parallel to other vehicle, panickingly so, even if I had foored the accelerator pedal. I have to downshift to 3rd or 2nd gear before attempting to overtake. I had never felt this panic, in my old Santro Car. It looks like, I have not understood the fundamentals of driving.
(2). When climbing uphill roads in Madikeri, especially where the homestays are located, I had to move in 1st gear to make any forward progress ( it was described so in the manual too), and also not press the accelerator too hard so that the rpm does not cross 4000 ( as recommended). It was disappointing. Many cars like Swift desire and Maruti Brezza seems to be zooming past.
* The FE at highways, wi AC on was at best 14 km/lKia Sonet : Official Review-img20210321wa00062.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20210321wa00052.jpg
jkrkrish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:03   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrkrish View Post
(2). When climbing uphill roads in Madikeri, especially where the homestays are located, I had to move in 1st gear to make any forward progress ( it was described so in the manual too), and also not press the accelerator too hard so that the rpm does not cross 4000 ( as recommended). It was disappointing. Many cars like Swift desire and Maruti Brezza seems to be zooming past.
Thats quite unnerving and unusual. What happens if you try to climb in say 2nd gear. Does the gearbox not responds or the car stalls?
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:46   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The negative points are;
*I felt powerless �� at two kinds of situations.
I would think most turbo cars whether diesel or petrol would have some turbo lag below 2000 RPM, some more than the others. In most cases, steeper climbs where you start off without much momentum is best tackled in 1st gear with constant accelerator inputs. This behaviour is different from say a naturally aspirated petrol engine. In my Ecosport diesel too, I found this to be the best way to tackle slow uphill climbs. It is just a different driving style that one needs to get used to. Slipping the clutch or trying to rev in second gear while half-clutching may not yield much result and would fry the clutch unnecessarily.

In my Honda City however, most slopes other than extreme ones are easily tackled in 2nd gear since there is no turbo lag of any kind to speak of.

On your second issue of lack of power during overtakes, that seems quite strange to me. 4th gear should have enough power especially if you are in the turbo band to effect overtakes, unless the car you are trying to overtake is also accelerating very hard at a faster pace than you are.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd March 2021 at 15:53.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:39   #997
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Interior - Front

• Ingress & egress are easy for all, including the elderly, thanks to the comparatively low floor and high roof.

Interior - Rear

How's Ingress & egress at the rear for the elderly?
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:20   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I would think most turbo cars whether diesel or petrol would have some turbo lag below 2000 RPM, some more than the others.
======
4th gear should have enough power especially if you are in the turbo band to effect overtakes, unless the car you are trying to overtake is also accelerating very hard at a faster pace than you are.
In this 998cc petrol Sonet imt with turbo, the turbo kicks-in around 2000 rpm. In 1st gear this 2000rpm is reached with short pressing of the accelerator pedal. It is possible to reach 2000rpm at further larger pressing of the accelerator at 2nd and 3rd gear. At 4th gear and higher, it never reaches the 2000rpm even if you floor the pedal (and hence the lack of turbo boost!!). This is what I face, when I am trying to overtake at 4th gear and above.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:51   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Did a Trip to Madikeri (Bangalore, Mysore, Kushal Nagar, Madikeri) in Kia Sonet HTX imt.
========
Attachment 2135351
A correction regarding the FE
The FE displayed at any instant at the instrument cluster is the average FE till that time. Today morning, after starting from Mysore I could see 16KM/l before reaching Kengeri, with AC on. By the time I reached my residence in CV Raman Nagar, it dipped to 13.5Km/l.
Old 25th March 2021, 20:48   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
A correction regarding the FE
The FE displayed at any instant at the instrument cluster is the average FE till that time. Today morning, after starting from Mysore I could see 16KM/l before reaching Kengeri, with AC on. By the time I reached my residence in CV Raman Nagar, it dipped to 13.5Km/l.
This is purely due driving dynamics. If you floor the pedal the live FE monitor will show what is the FE for your driving pace. If you keep it constant without flooring the pedal then the FE increases gradually. Try to note the live FE to see your driving style.
Old 2nd April 2021, 07:26   #1001
BHPian

Good Morning

Visited Mohali dealer yesterday and was told by the sales person that HTK + G 1.0 Turbo GDI DCT is being discontinued due to lower demand. TThough,I could sense his sales pitch in selling IMT versions more. Any news from anybody on this?
Old 2nd April 2021, 08:54   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Rationalization of Seltos and Sonet trims.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20210402wa0009.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:25   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Discontinuing HTK Plus 1.5 diesel AT of Sonet is a surprise for me.

I thought this variant was in demand as I saw quite a few pieces lying in the dealer stockyard for delivery here in Chandigarh. HTK plus AT diesel is reasonable priced and a great choice for AT customers on a budget.
Old 5th April 2021, 09:22   #1004

Hello everyone,

Has anyone been able to successfully pair with Kia link app? Mine is HTX model and i am unable to connect to the kia link. It always gives retry after scanning for the module.

In the info section, it says for the obd around driver's seat, but not sure how to go about it? Any leads will be appreciated here. Thanks!
Old 6th April 2021, 14:54   #1005

Hello,

I came back from a drive last night and had parked it normally. And i woke up to this. The car is barely 5 days old with 150 odd KMs on the odo and has been driven sanely.

Queries:

1) Right now, i am not sure if it's a puncture or a flat tyre completely, so i am not sure to go to local MRF service center or go for insurance in case tyre is burst.
2) Is there anything else that i need to be wary of? I have not contacted KIA yet, so waiting for any guidance here.
3) In case i have to take it out, how many KMs at max can i drive in this condition.

Pics attached below:
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-photo20210406142132-2.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-photo20210406142132.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-photo20210406142132-3.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-photo20210406142132-4.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-photo20210406142132-5.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks