Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:00   #1201
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Ground clearance is a big plus, stock music system is good enough for me. It's only 630 kms driven so far but I am already glad for buying it. I usually drive it in manual mode as paddle shifters are so much fun. Personally I will recommend it though I haven't driven IMT gearbox so can't comment on its positive and negative.
Echo your sentiments and hope the iMT will be good to go, liked it and the TD was quite good to impress me
Old 28th September 2021, 22:38   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Went for a Sonet TD in the petrol (iMT) – car was pretty decent and impressive ground clearance of 211mm. TD of the mid version HTX- petrol(OTR- Hyd is 12.73)
A close friend of mine has the GTX+ iMT and I have GTX+ DCT. We've both crossed 10-11k on the odo and are pretty happy. A third close friend (we were all roommates in college) is awaiting delivery of his HTX DCT. The Sonet is a good vehicle for what it offers. Best of luck!
Coyote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:07   #1203
BHPian

I have been driving the Sonet GTX+ 7DCT for 6 months and was having issues of the ORVM fold button working erratically and talked to the SA when I took it to the workshop for 2nd service. They checked it out and said that it does not fold at speeds above 15 or 20 kmph. Supposedly a safety feature so that the driver has a clear vision of vehicles behind and it is not a problem with the car. Grudgingly, I took back the vehicle although I was not entirely convinced.

On the drive back home, I tried folding the ORVM at various speeds and find that it folds only below 15kmph.

Have others noticed/ experienced this.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:07   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
I have been driving the Sonet GTX+ 7DCT for 6 months and was having issues of the ORVM fold button working erratically and talked to the SA when I took it to the workshop for 2nd service.

On the drive back home, I tried folding the ORVM at various speeds and find that it folds only below 15kmph.

I haven't tried folding the ORVM's while the vehicle is in motion, and rarely use the fold button as it auto folds/opens upon locking/approaching the vehicle. I will tag you in a post if I face any issues.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 22:34   #1205

Hello Team,

Can anyone tell what is the actual wait time for Sonet in Bangalore now. I am planning to book the GTX+ iMT petrol version but the deterrent is the massive wait time. The SA is quoting 20 weeks . I am wondering whether that is the worst case or will it get longer. Anyone who has taken delivery recently please comment.

Thanks
Rajarsi
Old 4th October 2021, 22:57   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post

Yes, I read somewhere and verified this. It only folds when the speed is below 15 kmph. I couldn’t find any mention about this in the owners’ manual though.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:52   #1207
BHPian

Got the 10k service done, there were a couple of changes done under warranty/recall. The seat for height adjustment has issues, there it wouldn’t hold the height and the seat would drop down.
There was a check for front door outer belt correction as well. There was the oil change and other by the book service done.

Sadly I can’t tell how much was the cost as I ended up buying the care package for 2 years at 10699 and added to it had to give 350 rupees for the balance weights and another consumable which I’m not sure what it’s, can someone share what the amount usually is for the 10k Mark? So that we would have the cumulative cost over 2 years and see if I ended up paying upfront unnecessarily
Old 6th October 2021, 13:22   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Got the 10k service done, there were a couple of changes done under warranty/recall. The seat for height adjustment has issues, there it wouldn’t hold the height and the seat would drop down.
There was a check for front door outer belt correction as well. There was the oil change and other by the book service done.

Sadly I can’t tell how much was the cost as I ended up buying the care package for 2 years at 10699 and added to it had to give 350 rupees for the balance weights and another consumable which I’m not sure what it’s, can someone share what the amount usually is for the 10k Mark? So that we would have the cumulative cost over 2 years and see if I ended up paying upfront unnecessarily
I paid 2,532/- but that included replacement of the wiper blades as well as the Wurth windshield cleaner. If I remove the prices for these, the figure comes up to about Rs. 1526/-. This is for engine oil and oil filter replacement for the DCT GTX+, as specified in the owner's manual.

Were you informed of the company recall / check at the time of service?

I see you are in Bangalore, where do you service your Sonet? I am very cross with Advaith Kia, Lalbagh - they messed up the wheel alignment and I am still not able to fix back to the way it was, despite having it corrected at another service centre during a road trip I took.

Looking for a new ASS in Bangalore - distance does not matter as I'm okay with driving around to get competent personnel.
Old 6th October 2021, 13:50   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarsi View Post
Hello Team,

Can anyone tell what is the actual wait time for Sonet in Bangalore now. I am planning to book the GTX+ iMT petrol version but the deterrent is the massive wait time. The SA is quoting 20 weeks . I am wondering whether that is the worst case or will it get longer. Anyone who has taken delivery recently please comment.

Thanks
Rajarsi
HTX , GTX variants set you back by 6 to 7 months. Be prepared, there will be complete silence from dealer end till you start to follow up. But if you know the owner or some one at the top in dealership, they can help bringing down delivery period.
_chikku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:13   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Kia to launch Anniversary Edition of Sonet, will be exclusive to the HTX trim.

Brochure leaked

Kia Sonet : Official Review-smartselect_20211011130836_chrome.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice5.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-smartselect_20211011130848_chrome.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-smartselect_20211011130858_chrome.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice9.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice17.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice18.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice10.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice19.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice15.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice1.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice4.jpg

It will be a limited edition model and will be sold for a limited period till March 2022.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice13.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-kiasonetanniversaryeditionlaunchprice21.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th October 2021 at 13:21.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:42   #1211

Owner of Kia Sonet D-AT here. Does anyone feel a sound coming from the brakes sometimes? Also i feel like a coil curling around the brakes occasionally. I have never felt any lapses with the brakes and when i enquired about the issue through a phone call to the service centre, the service guy said its natural and due to the working of traction control and ABS, it is thus by design and nothing to worry about. Just asking to get a second opinion from other owners.
Old 12th October 2021, 22:23   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltoz View Post
Owner of Kia Sonet D-AT here. Does anyone feel a sound coming from the brakes sometimes? Also i feel like a coil curling around the brakes occasionally. I have never felt any lapses with the brakes and when i enquired about the issue through a phone call to the service centre, the service guy said its natural and due to the working of traction control and ABS, it is thus by design and nothing to worry about. Just asking to get a second opinion from other owners.
It is normal. Whenever you go over pot holes and you are braking this will be experienced.
Old 12th October 2021, 23:31   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltoz View Post
Same variant.
Just next day of delivery I even took it to service center as I thought there is some issue with the brakes as I have never experienced this with any of my previous cars. They gave me the same explanation and as others have experienced the same then I believe it's actually the ABS stuff.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:18   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I paid 2,532/- but that included replacement of the wiper blades as well as the Wurth windshield cleaner. If I remove the prices for these, the figure comes up to about Rs. 1526/-. This is for engine oil and oil filter replacement for the DCT GTX+, as specified in the owner's manual.

Were you informed of the company recall / check at the time of service?

I see you are in Bangalore, where do you service your Sonet? I am very cross with Advaith Kia, Lalbagh - they messed up the wheel alignment and I am still not able to fix back to the way it was, despite having it corrected at another service centre during a road trip I took.

Looking for a new ASS in Bangalore - distance does not matter as I'm okay with driving around to get competent personnel.
So looks like I got duped with the package that I bought! The assumption made was that the bill for 1st service will be north of 3K. But was wheel alignment and balancing included in 2532 for you? Highly doubt it!

I go to Naara, they are not great either. The washing/cleaning is the worst I’ve ever seen in any service Centre.

For alignment go to Madhus! SC are usually bad with the job, I have my SA who usually does a good job in keeping me informed but they are generally bad in issue resolution. These 2 issues have been persistent from day 1
1) still have windows vibrate when music is a little loud.
2) The head unit hangs with apple car play.

But the seat height adjuster pump was broken, they fixed it right away, it was a simple fix and hence carried out.

I was informed about the recall during billing, it was a part of the job sheet as well.

Coming to the windshield fluid, I think you pay close to 125 for that one refill that they do? Go get a rain x instead from Amazon which will last really long!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 17:33   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So looks like I got duped with the package that I bought! The assumption made was that the bill for 1st service will be north of 3K. But was wheel alignment and balancing included in 2532 for you? Highly doubt it!

For alignment go to Madhus! SC are usually bad with the job, I have my SA who usually does a good job in keeping me informed but they are generally bad in issue resolution. These 2 issues have been persistent from day 1
1) still have windows vibrate when music is a little loud.
2) The head unit hangs with apple car play.

Coming to the windshield fluid, I think you pay close to 125 for that one refill that they do? Go get a rain x instead from Amazon which will last really long!
I was not charged for the wheel alignment or balancing at this service, not that it made a difference. They really screwed that that up.

The issue I'm facing is that after another Kia ASS worked on the issue, the dead centre of the steering does not point dead straight, but slightly to the right. Pardon me if I sound like a noob, but my knowledge on this matter is limited. I tried a 3rd party wheel alignment centre and they informed me that they do not have the 'values' for the Sonet, so it's best I take it up with the ASS.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues, that must be annoying. I have not tried Apple CarPlay yet.

Will check out the Rain x, thank you.

Most Viewed