Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 22:23   #1261

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Has anyone used the Sonet D AT in the city predominantly for a few months now?? If yes, how is the DPF holding up? Has there been clogging issues?? Or a drop in performance??

And with city traffic, I mean a bit of stop and go with some occasional bursts of strong acceleration in lower gears. With no open road sustained high-speed runs for months together! How does it fare??

Just wondering what the real world experience has been!
I have been using D AT for almost a year now. 70 % of the driving is In the city and I have not faced any drop in performance till date. The car is driven 11k kms and haven't faced any sort of issues till date.

The normal driving mode is very smooth and you won't feel under powered. Sports mode does live upto the name. Feels very stable in the highways as well.

Do a test drive and you will get an idea.
Old 27th November 2021, 00:02   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
At times, very random occurrence, during parking, his steering jams up and behaves like there is no power steering at all. Neither electronic nor hydraulic.
I have the exact same model and I faced this issue once when trying to park. I had to restart the car to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
"The steering effort increases if the steering wheel is rotated continuously when the vehicle is not in motion. However, after a few minutes, it will return to its normal conditions."
Looks like that was it. I was trying to rotate the steering wheel when the vehicle was stationary.
robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 12:47   #1263

Completed first service of my D-AT in Mumbai. Overall a very smooth experience and the waiting area etc. felt super premium. The number of cars felt a bit low for a Sunday (comparing this with the other car i have, i.e. Toyota).

The SA was very knowledgeable and was a recent hire from Toyota as well, so obviously knew what he was speaking about. I also asked whether they are starting the express 1 hour service and he mentioned that the bay for this express service is under construction and hopefully they should have it ready soon, but said that it will be 2 hour service and not the 60 mins one.

Again, overall experience of buying the car and service, etc. has felt more premium compared to Hyundai (my dad owns one and i also sold my Hyundai recently, so i do have some experience here), and Kia seems to be getting a firm hold of the Indian market and is on its way for a well-established long term player.
Old 29th November 2021, 13:04   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Completed first service of my D-AT in Mumbai. Overall a very smooth experience and the waiting area etc. felt super premium. The number of cars felt a bit low for a Sunday (comparing this with the other car i have, i.e. Toyota).
Which service center was it since there are quite a few in Mumbai?
Old 29th November 2021, 13:49   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Has anyone used the Sonet D AT in the city predominantly for a few months now?? If yes, how is the DPF holding up? Has there been clogging issues?? Or a drop in performance??

And with city traffic, I mean a bit of stop and go with some occasional bursts of strong acceleration in lower gears. With no open road sustained high-speed runs for months together! How does it fare??

Just wondering what the real world experience has been!
Did the second service for my D-AT today. Odo is at 5100km. Was at service centre at 9.15 am and was out at 11.30 am. Exactly like first service the timing was good and bill was Zero.

For DPF I have been following a simple method. Every 4th day I drive it at 60km speed and 2000 RPM for 20kms. Haven't received any DPF notification till now so probably this method is working. Will update if anything changes. Barring the 200km round trip highway run till Meerut my whole driving has been in NCR region.

Last edited by harry10 : 29th November 2021 at 13:53.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 14:52   #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Which service center was it since there are quite a few in Mumbai?
This is the one at Andheri W - Sreenath Kia
Old 1st December 2021, 15:03   #1267
BHPian

One of Kia Sonet's rival Brezza is getting a new model in 2022, one of the rumoured features is 360° camera. This is one feature missing from Sonet. Hopefully Kia would include that as well soon.
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:36   #1268
Senior - BHPian

It hurts when your beloved car is hit without any fault of yours. We were coming back from a family get together last night in Gurgaon when waiting at a red light the car was hit by a drunk auto driver. I saw him coming at speed in my side mirror but didn't get any time to react. Thankfully my parents and 2 year old son sitting at back were unhurt. My wife was very angry while I was quite calm( usually this is in reverse order). Auto driver was pleading so we let him go. Repair time is around 1 week. Will update how it goes.
Still pains seeing the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20211202wa0049.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20211202_095909.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20211202_095906.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:36   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto70 View Post
I shall be buying a Sonet HTX Diesel At on 01 Sep 2021. My query is regarding the car insurance. Dealer has quoted Rs 35000.00 for a zero Dep policy after adjusting 50% NCB from my earlier car, whereas, I have been offered a zero dep insurance policy from United Insurance for Rs 25960.00 including GST. If they adjust 50% ncb(Rs 6095.00) I have to pay a total sum of Rs 19865.00. Is it worth going with United Insurance?
Finally, I took the New India Assurance comprehensive, zero depreciation car insurance with tyre and engine protection. Day before Yesterday night its two driver side wheels were stolen. Infact the thieves took away wheels of about 8 other cars from my sector in Gurgaon. The surveyor from the Insurance company says that the alloys will be compensated fully, however, I will have to pay 50% of cost of the tyres! I would also like to knw if it is advisable to use locking nuts on the wheels?
Old 5th December 2021, 19:51   #1270
BHPian

I have booked the HTX iMT variant yesterday and there is one doubt that keeps bothering me since my booking. I have the budget to get GTX iMT, but are the features really enough to justify the 2Lac+ difference in the cost?

Does someone currently owning HTX feel they could have done better with GTX(+) or does someone with GTX(+) feel that these additional features are an overkill for that premium price?

Any inputs on this will be helpful as I have a few days to modify my booking without impacting the waiting period
Old 6th December 2021, 11:10   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsriki View Post
I have booked the HTX iMT variant yesterday and there is one doubt that keeps bothering me since my booking. I have the budget to get GTX iMT, but are the features really enough to justify the 2Lac+ difference in the cost?

Does someone currently owning HTX feel they could have done better with GTX(+) or does someone with GTX(+) feel that these additional features are an overkill for that premium price?

Any inputs on this will be helpful as I have a few days to modify my booking without impacting the waiting period
I’ve booked HTX D-AT(15th oct) & pondered on this exact question as I too have budget to go for GTX D-AT. I suppose it’s only you who could weigh in the features & decide for yourself is it worth it to spend 2 lakhs more.
I was tempted to book it’s top trim as well but then decided to go against it as HTX variant(both petrol & diesel) gives the best value for money option & spending 16lakh(on road for my GTX D-AT) on a sub compact SUV doesn’t make much sense for me (and this is my personal view & don’t mean any disrespect to fellow GTX owners).
manas1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:10   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas1224 View Post
I’ve booked HTX D-AT(15th oct) & pondered on this exact question as I too have budget to go for GTX D-AT. I suppose it’s only you who could weigh in the features & decide for yourself is it worth it to spend 2 lakhs more.
I was tempted to book it’s top trim as well but then decided to go against it as HTX variant(both petrol & diesel) gives the best value for money option & spending 16lakh(on road for my GTX D-AT) on a sub compact SUV doesn’t make much sense for me (and this is my personal view & don’t mean any disrespect to fellow GTX owners).
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

I have almost made up my mind to go for the GTX variant, keeping in mind the extra safety from the additional 4 airbags + the feel good features that will hopefully make my first car experience better, don't want to get any modifications done post purchase and hopefully, don't want to have the regret of not going for the top variant when the circumstances allowed.

Rest is upto the actual experience when I get to be in my own car
Old 8th December 2021, 18:36   #1273

Hello Everyone,

It was raining heavily the other day and now my reverse camera shows this KIA logo at the bottom (looks like reflection)always which was not present earlier and it was crystal clear. I am not sure if there is an option to move the camera which would have caused this.

Can anybody help me narrow down what can be the issue and how to go about fixing it?
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_3335.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_3336.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_3337.jpg  

Old 10th December 2021, 20:24   #1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayan_ncr View Post
Hello Everyone,

It was raining heavily the other day and now my reverse camera shows this KIA logo at the bottom (looks like reflection)always which was not present earlier and it was crystal clear. I am not sure if there is an option to move the camera which would have caused this.

Can anybody help me narrow down what can be the issue and how to go about fixing it?
I have always seen the emblem at the bottom of the reverse camera, and I think it's meant to be this way, because it helps you get perspective on how far you are from objects behind you, as the fisheye effect warps the image.

Chances are the logo was just dirty, and the rain has now made it clean and shiny
Old 11th December 2021, 22:46   #1275
BHPian

I've been contemplating buying a diesel Sonet for some time now. My monthly running is around 1800-2000 kms with a mix of city and highway(>70%). What sort of mileage should I expect from a manual vs an auto tranny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
We have an year old Sonet diesel auto, odo at 17k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks