Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 19:11   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
The issue I'm facing is that after another Kia ASS worked on the issue, the dead centre of the steering does not point dead straight, but slightly to the right. Pardon me if I sound like a noob, but my knowledge on this matter is limited. I tried a 3rd party wheel alignment centre and they informed me that they do not have the 'values' for the Sonet, so it's best I take it up with the ASS.
I have heard this during delivery of the Seltos where they had the Service Manager speak and he clearly mentioned that Wheel Alignment and Balancing has to be done at the service center as they have the values for the centering of the steering wheel which is not available at the 3rd party vendors. Same evening when changing the tyres at Sai Iyengar in Bangalore, i knew the partner there owns a Seltos DCT. When questioned he informed me that he does his balancing and alignment himself and never gets it done at the SVC. Maybe you should try a reputed alignment and balancing center as suggested like Madhu's and see if it helps your cause.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:23   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia to launch Anniversary Edition of Sonet, will be exclusive to the HTX trim.
Kia has launched the Sonet 1st Anniversary Edition.

Prices:
Petrol 1.0 T-GDi (iMT) - Rs 10.79 lakh
Petrol 1.0 T-GDi (DCT) - Rs 11.49 lakh
Diesel 1.5 CRDi WGT (MT) - Rs 11.09 lakh
Diesel 1.5 CRDi VGT (AT) - Rs 11.89 lakh

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20211014_122321.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-20211014_122319.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th October 2021 at 12:25.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 16:26   #1218
BHPian

Anniversary edition walkaround video.

Old 19th October 2021, 10:09   #1219
BHPian

After selling off my Octavia 1.8 TSI, i was not having a car in India for last two years. With COVID, there was no chance to come down as well. Now, with restrictions easing, i will be back in India for two months. My mother also has decided to stay back in India, which leaves us with a requirement for car. As my mother prefers an SUV to a sedan, following vehicles were considered. Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI , Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet. For various reasons, finally decided on Kia Sonet. I needed the vehicle by November month end. My first choice was Kia Sonet HTX DCT as i found this, to be most VFM. However, came to know this had minimum 4 months lead time. Just now, i got a call from showroom advising, there is a GTX+ Grey DCT available as one customer couldn't raise funds on time. If i book within today, they will allot the car to me. Considering the lead times that is being mentioned in the forum and the waiting time showroom itself told me two days back, should i doubt the offer?
Scaryskodamenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:34   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaryskodamenon View Post
However, came to know this had minimum 4 months lead time. Just now, i got a call from showroom advising, there is a GTX+ Grey DCT available as one customer couldn't raise funds on time. If i book within today, they will allot the car to me. Considering the lead times that is being mentioned in the forum and the waiting time showroom itself told me two days back, should i doubt the offer?
It is likely there is truth to what your SA is telling you. The GTX+ DCT is expensive, compared to competition and other variants in the line-up.

When I bought mine, the whole process from visit to delivery took 2-3 weeks as they already had the variant in stock. I would suggest you have someone you trust check the vehicle in person, note the VIN, click pictures and generally follow the PDI available here. If all checks out, go ahead with the purchase, while making sure that the VIN remains the same across all documents.

That's what I did, including starting up the vehicle and checking the electronics.
Coyote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 09:52   #1221
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. I have booked the GTX+ DCT Grey. Even though HTX suited more to my requirement and Red was my color of choice, considering the lead time , i think this is my next best option. Showroom has confirmed delivery in next ten days, based on my final settlement. I will ask my friend to do a proper inspection prior putting down the final payment.
Old 26th October 2021, 13:19   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
where do you service your Sonet? I am very cross with Advaith Kia, Lalbagh - they messed up the wheel alignment.

Looking for a new ASS in Bangalore - distance does not matter as I'm okay with driving around to get competent personnel.
I went to Naara Kia, J P Nagar for the second service after seeing your post and got the first major scratch from there.

I was happy with the overall experience (though it was just an inspection) until I saw the scratches.

I noticed the scratches during the final inspection and informed the SA. He then verified the photos taken before the service and then rubbed it out, and made it less prominent.

Mods, I'm not sure if this is off-topic here; replying since it's a related discussion.
Old 26th October 2021, 13:35   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I went to Naara Kia, J P Nagar for the second service after seeing your post and got the first major scratch from there.

I noticed the scratches during the final inspection and informed the SA. He then verified the photos taken before the service and then rubbed it out, and made it less prominent.
Damn, sorry to hear that. My apologies if I inadvertently put you on this track.

I would really like to know if there are any Sonet owners (past at least 10k on the ODO) in Bangalore satisfied with their service centre.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:54   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
My apologies if I inadvertently put you on this track.
No worries. I just wanted to share the incident so that it’d be a heads-up to someone else (like you did).

It’s a mishap, and I’m satisfied the way the SA handled it. Though I wish they handle the cars a little more carefully.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:08   #1225
BHPian

Finally all formalities done. Now waiting for allocation of a preferred number, which might take a week or two. Meanwhile, I have opted for floor mat, door mat, mud flaps, head rest cushion and under body protection coating. Not yet decided on ceramic coating. Any suggestions for any other accessories for DCT GTX+. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2021, 16:15   #1226
BHPian

Hi All

I am planning to Book a HTX Diesel AT this week. But I feel I am taking the decision blindly without having enough information on the performance of the AT Box.

There are only a hand full of reviews available on the Diesel AT. Is the Diesel AT not so popular or is that very few being delivered to customers?

70% of my drive will be in peak Bangalore traffic (2-3 hours continuously sometime) and rest on highways/Ghats.

Diesel AT Owners - Request the Diesel AT owners to post their experience in peak hours (any heating, jerks, vibration) and also in steep Ghats (any lack of power). Anyone tried the Ooty hairpins or the Charmadi Ghats yet in the Diesel AT?

This will be my 1st AT in India, so a bit skeptical of its performance.

Regards
Old 28th October 2021, 16:51   #1227
BHPian

Confusion about Sonet or Astor

Before getting into specifics, my disclaimer is that Sonet and Astor belong to different segments, which I am aware of. But my dilemma is for a different reason.

I had booked Sonet HTX DCT in last week of June for my wife. During my follow-ups after a month or so, I was told that I was in top of the list 'priority - 1'. I didn't take it seriously, as I was aware that it was a way to please a potential client. During all my interactions with the showroom Sales Head, my car was supposed to be shipped within the 'next 2-3 weeks'. That never came.

In the meantime, though my wife was in no hurry to exchange her existing car, it was me who was getting fidgety. I was looking at several other cars and had almost finalized them, but that is besides the point.

To cut a long story short, out of whim, I tried to book MG Astor (CVT Sharp) online on 21st, and was able to secure booking within the first few minutes. Then I tried to sell the idea of checking out Astor to my wife. She had a test drive, and was satisfied with the drive ability, but was floored with the features and interior quality. She had fallen hook, line and sinker! The SA informed me that based on my booking number, it appeared that I might get the delivery in November itself. Though the landed price difference between Sonet and Astor was around 4 - 4.5 Lakhs, the attraction of Astor wasn't going away for sure. So, we decided that we will stick with Astor.

To my surprise, today morning, I got a call from my Kia SA that my vehicle had left Kia plant today and should be available for delivery within the next 4-5 days. As my wife had driven Sonet around 4 months ago, she didn't remember how was it. Had another longish test drive on Sonet today. She complemented about the engine torque and she said she could feel the difference in the torque as compared to Astor CVT, Sonet being superior. But she felt that the undulations were bone jarring as compared to Astor. Though at the time of booking, she felt that Sonet had great interiors, now she feels it looks lame when compared to Astor's interiors.

Her mileage isn't much, which is not more than 2000 kms a year, so she felt that she can't complain much about Astor's engine performance. But the feel good factor and the plush feel of Astor's interiors is something she is longing.
Though I haven't cancelled Sonet booking, yet, just trying to figure out which car to buy.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:52   #1228
BHPian

Re: Confusion about Sonet or Astor

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
To cut a long story short, out of whim, I tried to book MG Astor (CVT Sharp) online on 21st, and was able to secure booking within the first few minutes. Then I tried to sell the idea of checking out Astor to my wife. She had a test drive, and was satisfied with the drive ability, but was floored with the features and interior quality. She had fallen hook, line and sinker! ...
she felt that Sonet had great interiors, now she feels it looks lame when compared to Astor's interiors.
Though I haven't cancelled Sonet booking, yet, just trying to figure out which car to buy.
Haha I can relate to this, as I am in a very similar situation too. Almost finalized on a RED Kushaq base variant (as my wife is an ardent fan of the Skoda/Monte Carlo red).
But just for the heck of it, I booked the Astor base variant, because of the mouth watering price and the value it brought.
At first, she didn't even want to come for the Astor's test drive, and wasn't convinced with its features, exteriors/interiors looking at pictures. But one test drive later, she's not letting me look at any other cars.
I wanted to get a good driver's car, with a decent feature set. Which the Kushaq sort of fills up nicely. But now I'm stuck

If you're going to be allotted the Astor from the first lot (nov/dec delivery), I guess you can cancel the Sonet and go for it. Considering performance is not a primary criteria, Astor should feel like an upgrade on many factors .

Last edited by ridehard : 28th October 2021 at 18:21.
Old 28th October 2021, 18:02   #1229
BHPian

Re: Confusion about Sonet or Astor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Haha I can relate to this, as I am in a very similar situation too. Almost finalized on a RED Kushaq base variant (as my wife is an ardent fan of the Skoda/Monte Carlo red).

If you're going to be allotted the Astor from the first lot (nov/dec delivery), I guess you can cancel the Sonet and go for it. Considering performance is not a primary criteria, Astor should be upgrade on most of the factors .
Kushaq style 1.0 AT was almost finalised, as she liked the drive. She thoroughly enjoyed it’s engine performance and handling. But when she sat in the rear, she started pointing out how flimsy were the map lamp switches, rear ac vents etc. She was surprised seeing the awful roof liner at this segment. Sunroof and push-button start was important for her, so opted for 1.0 style AT. Now when the budget was already stretched real wide, shrinking it back to a segment lower is becoming difficult.

Mods: I didn’t want diverge from Sonet in this review. But just replying to a fellow-BHPian.
Old 29th October 2021, 13:20   #1230
BHPian

Recently I traveled in my SONET with two persons, one at the front and the other at the back. We were in the car for about 8 hours during the two days of travel. During the entire period the aircon was on automatic at 26C. Two days after we'd returned, I was informed that both the passengers were found Covid positive. I immediately gave my sample and the result came negative. While some say my immune system is good, I'm wondering if the HEPA filter in the SONET helped me.
Any comments?

Last edited by TS Rawat : 29th October 2021 at 13:22.
TS Rawat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks