Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:00   #1231
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Diesel AT Owners - Request the Diesel AT owners to post their experience in peak hours (any heating, jerks, vibration) and also in steep Ghats (any lack of power). Anyone tried the Ooty hairpins or the Charmadi Ghats yet in the Diesel AT?
Dear Owners, Please do post the reviews on the Diesel AT performance. It would be helpful to all the potential buyers.

Also, this thread is bit quite for a new car selling in 1000s.

Regards
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:27   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel AT Owners - Request the Diesel AT owners to post their experience in peak hours (any heating, jerks, vibration) and also in steep Ghats (any lack of power).
We have an year old Sonet diesel auto, odo at 17k.
No Heating, No jerking, No vibrations at all. The only rare time you may feel a hitch, if at all, when the car searches for a gear. It's a one in thousands probability.

It's a butter smooth transmission and as far as ghats or driving at an altitude is concerned, the engine and gearbox are the last ones to complain. The kickdown is quick and sharp.

All said and done, how it fares let's say 5 years down the line is yet to be figured out. I hope the info helps your decision making.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:53   #1233

Hi All,

Just today received this wonderful news that the variant I booked is available.
However, just 10 days ago when I had enquired, they had told me that it'll come by Dec-end or early Jan.
Kia seems to be pumping on full gears to ensure early delivery on this Diwali.

However, I'm in a quandary as I'm not in Bangalore and only planning to return back in another 10 days. Till then they'll be holding the car in their dockyard.
Is it safe for the car to be there for around a week or so?
Can I trust it when the SA tells me that the vehicle won't be used as a test/demo car?

I have told them that I'll come by 13-14 Nov to take delivery and then they can send it for registration.
Anyone has any advice who has been in a similar situation?
Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th November 2021, 17:35   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Best FE I have got till now.
Diesel AT.
Route - Faridabad (home) to Karolbagh (office).
100% AC at setting of 22.
Driving- 80% Triptonic with paddle shifters. 20% Eco mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-20211104_140629.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 10:31   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Best FE I have got till now.
Diesel AT.
Route - Faridabad (home) to Karolbagh (office).
100% AC at setting of 22.
Driving- 80% Triptonic with paddle shifters. 20% Eco mode.
I bought Kia Sonet diesel AT on 01 Sep 2021. The best fuel economy I got 26.3, all on highway from Gurgaon to Vrindavan, eco mode, AC at 24
Auto70 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 11:40   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto70 View Post
I bought Kia Sonet diesel AT on 01 Sep 2021. The best fuel economy I got 26.3, all on highway from Gurgaon to Vrindavan, eco mode, AC at 24
That's quite impressive FE. I hate Eco mode. It literally kills the fun of driving. That's why I prefer Triptonic over it.

Also, I haven't had the opportunity to stretch it on a proper highway drive. Might do a Punjab trip this or next month. So, will report the FE in highways conditions as well.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 12:32   #1237

Quote:
In eco mode at about 73-75 kmph the rpm suddenly drops down from 1850-1950 to 1450-1500. Probably the lock-up clutch kicks in and the engine note becomes smoother and spot efficiency suddenly improves. Since the vehicle had not completed run-in period, I did not cross 90km. At 80kmph the MID gives a warning to reduce speed. Is it normal?
Old 7th November 2021, 17:56   #1238

My car reached the dealer at Haldwani (UK) on 14 Aug 2021. I asked them to hold it till the end of the month. They agreed to do so provided I pay the basic price. It was held by them without any misuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmathur28 View Post
Hi All,

Just today received this wonderful news that the variant I booked is available.
However, just 10 days ago when I had enquired, they had told me that it'll come by Dec-end or early Jan.
Kia seems to be pumping on full gears to ensure early delivery on this Diwali.

However, I'm in a quandary as I'm not in Bangalore and only planning to return back in another 10 days. Till then they'll be holding the car in their dockyard.
Is it safe for the car to be there for around a week or so?
Can I trust it when the SA tells me that the vehicle won't be used as a test/demo car?

I have told them that I'll come by 13-14 Nov to take delivery and then they can send it for registration.
Anyone has any advice who has been in a similar situation?
Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Auto70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:02   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
All said and done, how it fares let's say 5 years down the line is yet to be figured out. I hope the info helps your decision making.
Its very helpful and thanks for the Info. I have booked a Sonet Diesel AT and now the waiting period starts. I will have plenty of time to keep a tab on AT performance before the car is allotted.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:52   #1240

Quote:
Dear Owners, Please do post the reviews on the Diesel AT performance. It would be helpful to all the potential buyers.

Drove from Mumbai to Pune this weekend via the expressway.

Approx. distance 160km each side, total 320kms

FE - was 17kml while going to Pune and 18kml while coming back to Mumbai. Drove mostly in Eco mode but used the paddle shifters when i had to do some quick overtaking. Must say this was a very useful feature for overtaking!

Average speeds as per the UVO app were 46km while going and 37km while coming - i think the Diwali weekend traffic was a bit high.

Two of us with AC on at approx. 24 for 90% of the journey.

No issues at the ghats like heating, jerking, vibration, etc.

The highlight for me was that i didnt feel very tired at the end of the journey and was quite comfortable for both of us throughout - we didnt make any stops at all.
eljay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:02   #1241
BHPian

It appears KIA, or at the very least, Advaith (in Bangalore) has tied up with GoDigit for insurance. My original insurance is through Bharti AXA, which is now ICICI Lombard.

If anyone bought their insurance through the showroom and wish to renew it through them, or is asked by your insurance provider to proceed through the dealer, as I was, please note there are limits on the max IDV the dealer can offer. For the GTX+, the limit was 10.91.

If you are availing digit insurance, may as well do it directly as they allow for a greater IDV on their own website. I was able to set my IDV at 12.10.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:19   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
It appears KIA, or at the very least, Advaith (in Bangalore) has tied up with GoDigit for insurance.
Go Digit authorised Kia centres in Bangalore include those operated by JSP Kia, Naara Kia, Taapasi Kia, Advaith Kia, VST Kia, and Epitome Kia.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 19:36   #1243

Quote:
Since the vehicle had not completed run-in period, I did not cross 90km. At 80kmph the MID gives a warning to reduce speed. Is it normal?
Re: not crossing 90km during run-in period - was this any advice from someone? just curious as to why we need to follow this? BTW i havent completed my run-in period yet

Re: warning at 80kmph - yes this is absolutely normal. you will also get constant beeps post 120kmph
Old 11th November 2021, 01:45   #1244
BHPian

Hi guys, I have encountered a very strange issue with my cousin's Sonet. The model in consideration is a Sonet GTX Plus 1.0 DCT.

So here, his parking space is a little congested and needs to back and forth for a few times.

At times, very random occurrence, during parking, his steering jams up and behaves like there is no power steering at all. Neither electronic nor hydraulic.

This was raised to Kia svc and their response was that this is a safety feature, quite strange to me actually.

The response was quite vague and did not make any sense. Has anybody faced this sort of an issue?

The concern is, if this is a safety feature, then what is the combination that makes the steering dead. Something that can be avoided during traffic or ghats.
Old 11th November 2021, 01:48   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Hi guys, I have encountered a very strange issue with my cousin's Sonet. The model in consideration is a Sonet GTX Plus 1.0 DCT.

So here, his parking space is a little congested and needs to back and forth for a few times.

At times, very random occurrence, during parking, his steering jams up and behaves like there is no power steering at all. Neither electronic nor hydraulic.

This was raised to Kia svc and their response was that this is a safety feature, quite strange to me actually.

The response was quite vague and did not make any sense. Has anybody faced this sort of an issue?

The concern is, if this is a safety feature, then what is the combination that makes the steering dead. Something that can be avoided during traffic or ghats.
What sort of foolery is this

A steering jamming up while parking is a safety feature? Have they become incompetent enough to not diagnose their classic EPS issues that they are now labelling it as a safety feature?

This is not at all normal. In fact, steering suddenly going heavy, vibrating and even over assisting has been a known issue on many old Hyundai's.

Majority of this had to do with a faulty EPS module which used to sit below the dash and command the EPS motor. Please take this issue up with another service centre since this random loss of assistance can really be dangerous if it happens at good speed.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks