Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 14:19   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Just got to know that Kia apparently has imposed dealers to make insurance mandatory through them and we cannot buy insurance from outside!

So, have gone ahead and asked them to cancel my booking. I'll rather not buy KIA products if they want to bully around like this!
Bravo! If many customers take this stance, Kia and the dealers will be forced to rethink this! In any case, this is probably illegal to force a customer to buy a specific insurance product. IRDAI will probably get lots of complaints and can act against the dealer and/or manufacturer.

End of the day, this is probably a bogus claim the dealer is making to increase profits and not officially supported by Kia. Ask him to send this to you in writing or show a letter from Kia asking the dealer to sell Kia-provided insurance only. They will never do so and you can take a stance that as long as there is no official communication, you are not ready to accept. You can also call or email a complaint to Kia, I am sure it will get resolved by the dealer offering to more or less match the quote you have from outside. Don’t give up too easily by cancelling the booking, many others down the line will run into the same issue and your case could be the precedent for them if you are able to resolve this.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th September 2020 at 14:23.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 15:02   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Bravo! If many customers take this stance, Kia and the dealers will be forced to rethink this! In any case, this is probably illegal to force a customer to buy a specific insurance product. IRDAI will probably get lots of complaints and can act against the dealer and/or manufacturer.

End of the day, this is probably a bogus claim the dealer is making to increase profits and not officially supported by Kia. Ask him to send this to you in writing or show a letter from Kia asking the dealer to sell Kia-provided insurance only. They will never do so and you can take a stance that as long as there is no official communication, you are not ready to accept. You can also call or email a complaint to Kia, I am sure it will get resolved by the dealer offering to more or less match the quote you have from outside. Don’t give up too easily by cancelling the booking, many others down the line will run into the same issue and your case could be the precedent for them if you are able to resolve this.
That makes sense, I'll drop them a mail too. Also, I've dropped a mail officially to kia dealer. They will not respond I'm pretty sure they cannot go on record for such crazy weird impositions. People always bash MSIL. But I'm really surprised I never faced these issues with MSIL ever! (Our garage has always been filled with MSIL products)
Old 28th September 2020, 16:25   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Just got to know that Kia apparently has imposed dealers to make insurance mandatory through them and we cannot buy insurance from outside!

Also, dealer told me he's ok if I take loan from outside but there is absolutely no wiggle room to reduce insurance price or to get it done from outside.

I'm getting the same insurance outside (HDFC Ergo) exactly same add ons for 24,000 and price quoted by the showroom is 32,885. This is plain robbery!

So, have gone ahead and asked them to cancel my booking. I'll rather not buy KIA products if they want to bully around like this,
It will be a runaway successes either ways. But, I will certainly not make a fool out of myself to such corporates. Not now but there's hope that one day people will know their rights as consumers and will not throw away money for everything!
Which dealer is this?
Old 28th September 2020, 16:45   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Which dealer is this?
This is JSP Kia on Hosur road.
Old 28th September 2020, 17:15   #380

Kia has not given Alloy wheels to its mid variant HTX which is a big miss considering it's near to 12 lakhs on road. The HTX+ variant doesn't feel value for money too.

Can any bhp-ian comment on the expected safety of Kia Sonet on crash?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th September 2020 at 17:48. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:04   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, dealer told me he's ok if I take loan from outside but there is absolutely no wiggle room to reduce insurance price or to get it done from outside.
Is this something imposed by the dealer or Kia? If I take car lease from my employer, insurance will be done from organization's preferred insurance provider. Do they have a different policy for corporate customers?

Last edited by airbus : 28th September 2020 at 18:10.
Old 28th September 2020, 18:21   #382
BHPian

Just checked with Shubh Kia here in Dehradun and there is no such restriction to buy insurance from Kia. All we need to do is be assertive about it and demand dealership to either match the insurance rate or let consumers to buy it from outside.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:21   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Is this something imposed by the dealer or Kia? If I take car lease from my employer, insurance will be done from organization's preferred insurance provider. Do they have a different policy for corporate customers?
Dealer says it's a mandate to include insurance details while invoicing. So there is no other option to take insurance from outside. (I'm sure this cannot be true)
But I'm not in a state to fight tooth and nail for such small things. I can always switch the dealer if not I can switch the make as well! It's sometimes sad that being informed consumer just sucks! But, I've learnt not to be dealt by bullies. My bike buying experience was also on the same lines. But, the dealer promised me he'll match the prices and give other deals as well. I always let them have fair share of commission. So, I've never had a straight Hassel free experience yet!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:30   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Just checked with Shubh Kia here in Dehradun and there is no such restriction to buy insurance from Kia. All we need to do is be assertive about it and demand dealership to either match the insurance rate or let consumer buy it from outside.
Well not a surprise! The dealer can go such lengths to fake things!? Is kia even keeping a tab on them? I have sent a mail to them and let's see if they respond. Also, this looks like a story where eventually a great company might lose its hold due to such bad dealers.
Old 28th September 2020, 19:04   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer says it's a mandate to include insurance details while invoicing. So there is no other option to take insurance from outside. (I'm sure this cannot be true)
That is utter and complete rubbish. When I bought my new car last year, I purchased the insurance from Policybazaar, at a significant discount (close to 35-40%) and provided details to the sales advisor. He included those in the invoicing details. JSP Kia is just giving you hogwash because insurance margins are massive for dealers and he probably does not want to let go of that. This is an old trick and has been called out several times on this forum. If he refuses to budge, change your dealer.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 28th September 2020 at 19:20.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:08   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
That is utter and complete rubbish. When I bought my new car last year, I purchased the insurance and provided details to the sales advisor. He includes those in the invoicing details. He is just giving you hogwash because insurance margins are massive for dealers.
True that, but however don't we need specifics of car? Like the chassis number, engine number etc to generate an insurance policy?
Isn't it the other way round? Where we give the details to insurance agents post invoicing?

Please help me with the process, can probably work it out that way with my purchase. (Other dealers or the makes)
Old 28th September 2020, 19:14   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Well not a surprise! The dealer can go such lengths to fake things!? Is kia even keeping a tab on them? I have sent a mail to them and let's see if they respond. Also, this looks like a story where eventually a great company might lose its hold due to such bad dealers.
I can understand your frustration. Please look at the issue in a calm manner.
You are not the first or only one to face this problem.
Many dealers do this irrespective of the Manufacturer.
All you have to do is ask for the same in writing, from Kia if they are the ones insisting for it.

Speak to the Showroom Manager regarding the same.Not the sales advisor or team leader. Make it known that you are aware of the law concerning the matter. That should solve the problem.
Your decision to cancel will not matter to them considering the huge volume of bookings. Further a new booking means you waited all this while for nothing. They are depriving you of your rights. Get them to respect your rights.

Don’t worry if still they say it’s not possible. Show them all these posts on team bhp. Tell them how Kia would look at this negative publicity. If there is any sense between their ears, you will get what you want.
If this too doesn’t work, threaten them with legal action,at the time of delivery. That would be the final nail in the coffin. I am sure it will not come to that. These posts and reaching Kia through other channels in social media will give you guaranteed results.

A dealers greed should not drive one away from a good car.
Old 28th September 2020, 19:23   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please help me with the process, can probably work it out that way with my purchase. (Other dealers or the makes)
Yes, he is supposed to give you the engine and chassis number once the vehicle is confirmed by you - after you are OK with the PDI of the vehicle in the stockyard etc. Once you have these details, you can purchase the insurance online. That is how the process is supposed to work.

Thereafter, once you furnish the insurance copy to him, he will raise the final invoice and also carry out the registration process. That is how I completed my purchase process with Honda last year. And like I mentioned, if this dealer refuses to budge, just go to another one who is more customer focused. Better dealers and sales advisors are always waiting to get your business.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 28th September 2020 at 19:25.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:29   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
I can understand your frustration. Please look at the issue in a calm manner.
You are not the first or only one to face this problem.
Many dealers do this irrespective of the Manufacturer.
All you have to do is ask for the same in writing, from Kia if they are the ones insisting for it.

Speak to the Showroom Manager regarding the same.Not the sales advisor or team leader. Make it known that you are aware of the law concerning the matter. That should solve the problem.
Your decision to cancel will not matter to them considering the huge volume of bookings. Further a new booking means you waited all this while for nothing. They are depriving you of your rights. Get them to respect your rights.

Don’t worry if still they say it’s not possible. Show them all these posts on team bhp. Tell them how Kia would look at this negative publicity. If there is any sense between their ears, you will get what you want.
If this too doesn’t work, threaten them with legal action,at the time of delivery. That would be the final nail in the coffin. I am sure it will not come to that. These posts and reaching Kia through other channels in social media will give you guaranteed results.

A dealers greed should not drive one away from a good car.
My main concern with this approach would be, they still have a ton of things to screw up with my car. They can do bad things with my car prior to delivery and I have seen people get offended for smaller things and take major unnecessary steps for vengeance. I certainly don't like threatening any one! I will rather have a clearer approch on this with some other dealer and see how it works out. Also, will ask them to send such terms if they have any in an official document.

Have dropped a mail to KIA and if they get involved, it would be much more easier to not have issues prior to delivery. Well, escalations will get higher if they end up screwing things (even if on purpose!) So I'll wait for a while and see how this pans out.
Old 28th September 2020, 19:34   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Yes, he is supposed to give you the engine and chassis number once the vehicle is confirmed by you - after you are OK with the PDI of the vehicle in the stockyard etc. Once you have these details, you can purchase the insurance online. That is how the process is supposed to work.

Thereafter, once you furnish the insurance copy to him, he will raise the final invoice and also carry out the registration process. That is how I completed my purchase process with Honda last year. And like I mentioned, if this dealer refuses to budge, just go to another one who is more customer focused. Better dealers and sales advisors are always waiting to get your business.
Thanks for the update! I've already reached out to a couple of dealers. Let's see how this pans out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks