Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 12:22   #121
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Excellent pricing by Kia, especially for the HTX model. The HTX variant has pretty much everything that a consumer may desire from a car of this size and segment(other than alloys perhaps).

They could have priced the HTK+ auto within the 10L mark, but I guess that was always going to a bit difficult.

Surprised to see automatics being listed for only the HTK+ variant. I am pretty sure that this is to avoid the 'sticker shock' and automatic in the higher variants will be launched a few months down the line.

However, the real shocker for me is the pricing of the 1.0 GDI and the 1.5 Diesel. Agreed that the turbo petrol comes equipped with an IMT but that diesel with its extra torque and mileage will tempt a lot of buyers.

If someone if looking to buy the HTX+ variant, then stretching all the way for the GTX+ for an additional 34k is a no brainer, unless the two tone black and beige interiors are non-negotiable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Why is there a 1.65 lac difference between the HTX and HTX+ iMT models? Does the HTX+ model way too many features to command this premium?
It is less to do with the difference in terms of features between the two variants and more to do with being able to price the HTX variant within that 10L mark.

Last edited by AYP : 18th September 2020 at 12:50.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:23   #122
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Smart pricing and I believe it's on expected lines, rather similar to the Venue.

They cleverly avoided announcing a tag for the GTX+ automatics. This is to avoid the initial "sticker shock" reactions in the press. The same should be announced in due course. It's quite easy to compute those two even now with the available data.

So the 120 PS 6iMT Turbo GDi is priced exactly the same as the 100 PS 6MT CRDi across variants. Interesting!

Last edited by RSR : 18th September 2020 at 12:31.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:27   #123
BHPian

Why is there a 1.65 lac difference between the HTX and HTX+ iMT models? Does the HTX+ model way too many features to command this premium?
Old 18th September 2020, 12:29   #124
BHPian

Killer Pricing!

Days are numbered for Vitara Brezza and other mediocre CSUVs. The Nexon and Sonet are the best looking of the lot and Nexon may not be able to fight on price anymore because Sonet has something to offer in every price range.

I know a few people waiting on the fence for the Sonet launch and I know which way they'll swing now.
DieselAnna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:31   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Kia Sonet has been launched at a starting price of Rs 6.71 lakh. Deliveries to begin from today.
10.39 L ex Showroom for the diesel 6 AT HTK+ is good pricing. Not overly aggressive since they know they have a winner at hand - yet sensibly placed given the features the car has on offer.

All other diesel cSUV makers should now discontinue their AMT top trims (like the Nexon XZA+ etc). There are not going to be any takers for them now on. Any more stock manufactured will just rust away in the yards. They should now just have diesel AMTs in the base / middle variants with a large gap to the Sonet AT. Price will be the only factor for which customers would still go elsewhere.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th September 2020 at 12:32.
Reinhard is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:32   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices Announced just now are almost good enough to make this a blockbuster launch. However, the biggest disappointment ins the pricing of the Diesel HTK+ AT. It scrapes over the 10 lakh mark by just 40K, effectively adding an additional 55K in Road tax in Tamil Nadu as well as TCS collection of around 10K kicks in. This takes on-road price well above 12.5 lakhs - where I was hoping for a 9.99 price point, that would have helped to land the car t 11.5 lakhs or so on road.

Alas, no choice now but to cancel my booking and wait for the Thar, since I do not believe in throwing away 70K in tax just like that.

For those comfortable with Petrol, and ready to experiment with the IMT, the HTX iMT offers a good package at 9.99 lakhs. But then so does the Hyundai Venue SX IMT, which is similarly kitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-unnamed.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 18th September 2020 at 12:45.
84.monsoon is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:33   #127
BHPian

Based on the HTK+ pricing, it seems the GTX+ Petrol will be 100K INR dearer and GTX+ Diesel will be 90K dearer to the respective manual variants.
Old 18th September 2020, 12:33   #128
BHPian

Greetings,

Pricing as expected and anticipated by fellow members and critics. I was eagerly waiting for GTX+ Diesel AT and now wondering as to why they decided to withhold it. A bit disappointed though.

Thanks.
adv.yzr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
It does have a few segment first features.

Bose 7 speaker system
Ventilated seats
I think the 10.25 inch screen starts from this variant
Alloy wheels
Color screen on the instrument cluster
Smart air purifier

All I can remember from the top of my head. I am sure i missed others.

Last edited by JithinR : 18th September 2020 at 12:47.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
10.39 L ex Showroom for the diesel 6 AT HTK+ is good pricing. Not overly aggressive since they know they have a winner at hand - yet sensibly placed given the features the car has on offer.
Nexon XMA(S) is priced 10.30 ex showroom. Around 11.80 on road. Sonet HTK+ competes with this variant on similar pricing. With proper AT it's a no brainer. However Nexon XZA+ has more features than HTK+ but it's also expensive. I believe Nexon will be hit badly by this pricing.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:42   #131
BHPian

Sonet's sister concern Hyundai Venue gets a price tag of 11.63 Lakhs ex-showroom for the top of the line DCT model. Sonet gets a price tag of whopping 11.99 Lakhs ex-showroom for the top end iMT transmission while DCT is not even listed. Am I missing something here ?
pandatrooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:50   #132
BHPian

Good pricing by Kia. Other CSUVs will be worried.

The price gap between HTX+ and GTX+ across engine options is only 34k which means potential HTX+ customers will jump to the GTX+ variant which has a lot many additional safety features, including 6 airbags! Totally worth it.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 18th September 2020 at 12:51.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:52   #133
Senior - BHPian

At 10.39L, the Ex-Showroom price for HTK+ AT (the only 1.5L VGT) is a fairly competitive price. It'd have been the star-car of the year if they priced it at ₹9.99L like Ecosport Titanium was, just to make full use of the road tax rules for cars below 10L.

I say this as ANY car launch would definitely need to garner early numbers to ensure brand hype stays early in the product life cycle especially as there's a real dip in sales due to the slowdown.

I think the top-of-line GTX+ (/DCT) variant prices haven't been revealed to avoid sticker-shock.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 18th September 2020 at 13:12.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:53   #134
BHPian

Looks like there is no fully loaded variant like a GTX+ DCT? Or is there anything thats priced more than 11.99ex? Thats a bummer as I had actually asked a few friends to wait to Sonet DCT top end rather than going for Venue SX+ DCT just for the sake of 6 airbags, ventilated seats etc.

Edit: No GTX+ Variant in Diesel AT and DCT. Looks like people who wants the convenience of automatic would eventually end up in the iMT variants, or is this a smart strategy to sell the iMT because there is no manual variant available in 1.0 turbo petrol anyway. So manual guys can have the Venue, auto guys can have the Sonet(to an extent with HTK+).

Last edited by Xaos636 : 18th September 2020 at 12:58.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 12:54   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
It does have a few segment first features.

Bose 7 speaker system
Ventilated seats
I think the 10.25 inch screen starts from this variant
Alloy wheels
Color screen on the instrument cluster
Smart air purifier

All I can remember from the top of my head. I am sure i missed others.
Thanks, only the alloy wheels make sense to me. Others are not a must have anyways for me.
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks