Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 11:33   #1816
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
That is indeed vexing.

Prior posts on this thread indicate that someone faced this issue and was resolved by a replacement of the infotainment unit.

Has Skoda agreed to do this?

Is the audio setup from Canton in your car?
Remember reading somewhere that the Canton setup was buggy.
I was the one who had written earlier as well about this.
This has been going on for long.
And you are right, someone who was not a TBhp-ian saw the thread and replied saying it got resolved only after the Controller unit was replaced.

I mentioned the same to KUN but they keep saying they have to raise a Technical query to Skoda and unless they approve, they cannot raise an Order for Controller unit.

Need some guidance on how to get this escalated to Skoda management without which I feel this is not going anywhere
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 06:50   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Need some guidance on how to get this escalated to Skoda management without which I feel this is not going anywhere
Have you tried tagging skodaindia on Twitter / X or any other social media platforms? Very responsive. Please tag both the company handle and Petr Janeba to get visibility. Sometimes it does move the needle. I have had some success in the past with last two directors at Skoda via this route. Resulted in positive resolution of issue.

Octavia happens to be primary vehicle for me too. When it end ups more than a day or two in garage can be painful. Empathize on emotions and trouble you are going through. Hopefully issue gets resolved at earliest.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 21st April 2024 at 06:52.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 19:58   #1818
Jo2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
This has been going on for long.
And you are right, someone who was not a TBhp-ian saw the thread and replied saying it got resolved only after the Controller unit was replaced.

I mentioned the same to KUN but they keep saying they have to raise a Technical query to Skoda and unless they approve, they cannot raise an Order for Controller unit.

Hello!! understand the frustration. We had the same issue towards end of 2023- our issue in specific was random volume increase and on one occasion the infotainment system not shutting down at all. Here is how we resolved it
1. Take a video of when this happens. Service center needs this to escalate to Skoda since the issue cannot always be replicated when we are at the service center ( We have all been there when everything works right when we are at the service center )
2. The ASC then requests Skoda for a specific software update which is unique to your VIN. The update could take anywhere from couple of weeks to a couple of months. ( Skoda by now should already be aware of the issue and is not the first time happening to an MK4 Octy)
I did not change the unit or the controller like someone mentioned here previously. This could be because while it sounds similar, the underlying issues could be different.

This should hopefully resolve the issue. I guess you are in Chennai? If you have an option to visit the EVM service center in Cochin, they are already aware of the issue and can help resolve this. Please reach out to me if you get stuck or need help at EVM cochin. The experience so far has been top notch. While they may not know everything, they are willing to listen and work with you towards a resolution.

Once the issues are resolved, the car is a beauty to drive and I am sure you will have your smile back on when you press the accelerator.

For the benefit of everyone, common issues with the current gen Octavia and something which I have also experienced so far: Glove box lid replacement, Gear selector Chip, Infotainment update.
Jo2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 21:02   #1819
Jo2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
The nifty little door bin is a godsent and I had carefully conserved the original garbage bag (it was always dry waste in my case) till the service center very thoughtfully disposed it off.

I now has to scout for the unusual sized 20cm x 30cm sized bag. An emergency attempt was a paper bag (fail) and the second attempt a 'zip lock' bag of the same size (passable), the latter was still too thick for the application.

Thanks to this pet poop bag of the same size, the bin is happily back in action
Attachment 2587547

Ha ha love this and so glad you found a solution for which I was scratching my head too. A hack in case you run out of these is to use the cover that a bread comes in. For me, my local baker gets his bread in a plain translucent unbranded cover and that looks equally neat
Jo2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 05:52   #1820
BHPian

Hi all,
Thanks for your advice and help.

After another 4 days in the Service centre they finally seem to have got approval for replacement of the multimedia system. Order was placed last Thursday and waiting with fingers crossed. I have however brought the car back home since I was finding it difficult without it.

@Jo2, I think all those software updates were already done in Feb itself when my car was there in the Service centre for 10 days.

For me it was a combination of volume increase, but worse the Infotainment restarting on its own when car was parked and locked which was the scary part.

Anyway hoping the parts arrive fast and I don't face those issues in the interim and after replacement.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2024 at 10:27. Reason: Formatting.
Old 24th April 2024, 13:10   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Got my car's 2nd servicing done. Since last month or so I was facing an issue with the front power windows wherein even if I pull the lever up for one touch operation, the window would go down. Spoke to the SA about it and he mentioned that he has seen this with Kushaq but not with Octavia. However he said, he would see if the anti-pinch mechanism is acting up.

Since I was in hurry, I did not ask what he did but both the front windows are acting normal now and the one touch up functionality is working just fine

I have SMP for 4 years and this time I did not do wheel alignment and balancing (I had recently done it outside), total bill was 0/-

I have clocked 18000KMs in last 22 months and the experience so far has been excellent. I hope to keep this car for another 8 years at least and pray there wont be any typical Skoda/German car experiences in store for me
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 15:15   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Since last month or so I was facing an issue with the front power windows wherein even if I pull the lever up for one touch operation, the window would go down. Spoke to the SA about it and he mentioned that he has seen this with Kushaq but not with Octavia. However he said, he would see if the anti-pinch mechanism is acting up.
I have seen this happening in my car too. Sometimes I felt I was not pushing/pulling the button. But ignored following up with Skoda as gets fine after completing the roll down once.
Old 27th April 2024, 15:00   #1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post

For the benefit of everyone, common issues with the current gen Octavia and something which I have also experienced so far: Glove box lid replacement, Gear selector Chip, Infotainment update.
I couldn’t agree more. My glovebox was replaced under warranty in June-23 and the same issue has cropped up again now. Not sure about the next course of action as it has been escalated to skoda technical team with their response awaited.
Secondly, infotainment unit is behaving erratically since last 30 days to say the least. I have been told there is an update for the same. Will provide my feeback here once I get to test it.
Old 28th April 2024, 08:42   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambust View Post
I couldn’t agree more. My glovebox was replaced under warranty in June-23 and the same issue has cropped up again now. Not sure about the next course of action as it has been escalated to skoda technical team with their response awaited.
Secondly, infotainment unit is behaving erratically since last 30 days to say the least. I have been told there is an update for the same. Will provide my feeback here once I get to test it.
Please try to push for a replacement of the multimedia system
Skoda keeps dragging until we report the Issue repeatedly and we visit the Service station multiple times.(And everytime taking a week or more)

Update from my side on this issue - the part I am told is ready for picking in Pune but the guy says it will take 10 days to arrive at Chennai
I wonder what mode of transport do they use.
Only after it arrives will I be able to replace it and hopefully it resolves the issue completely.

Last edited by mah45 : 28th April 2024 at 08:43.
Old 30th April 2024, 10:33   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
I have seen this happening in my car too. Sometimes I felt I was not pushing/pulling the button. But ignored following up with Skoda as gets fine after completing the roll down once.
I also encountered a similar issue with my 2018 (3rd gen) Octavia. Initially, the one-touch auto roll-up and roll-down feature for the front passenger side window began to malfunction from the master switch and stopped working entirely within a week, although it functioned normally when using the button on the passenger door. A few days later, the driver side window also stopped functioning. Upon researching, I found that moisture on the switchboard could be the cause, although I usually keep the interior dry. I also found that a replacement switch would cost over 5k plus labor. Since the service center is far away, I decided to open the switch myself to note the part number so I could call the service center and place an order for the replacement part.

With the help of some YouTube videos, I managed to open the master switch only to find that the plastic panel securing the switch lock was broken. Pressing the button was actually pushing the entire board down, thus causing the malfunction.

I used Fevi-stick to glue the broken part back into place and reassembled the switch. Voila! The switch buttons are now working perfectly. I may have saved 5-6k with this DIY.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_5428.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_5429.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_5430.jpeg  

AngelEyes is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks