Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 12:31   #1741
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Good news is it it worked. Tested while reversing with a cardboard box but strangely enough the 'technical expert' was insistent that it works only with auto-hold enabled which I thought was strange- what happens if I drive without autohold? Also in your experience does it work while driving both forward and while reversing?
I can guarantee that manoeuvre braking works without auto hold, I never keep the auto hold switched on as I need to backup slowly to my parking space at home and it has triggered without it, not because I was careless, it triggers at the slightest of obstruction including shrubs or in case a person is crossing and if one is backing up slowly accounting for the crossing individual, the triggering of manoeuvre braking is quite disconcerting even if one has experienced it before, it feels like one has hit a sturdy object! I guess it works while moving forward as well but hasnt happened with me yet, for manoeuvre braking to work the speed of the car should be less than 30kmph.
Old 30th December 2023, 19:48   #1742
BHPian

Dear all,
Has anyone switched your stock tyres on the Octavia recently.
I am starting to feel the road aberrations already inside the car, and doubt if it's due to the stock tyres.
I wouldn't want to compromise on the ride quality and comfort given my drives are mostly with family.
Any advice on the tyre specs would help, thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 22:28   #1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Dear all,
I am starting to feel the road aberrations already inside the car, and doubt if it's due to the stock tyres.
I wouldn't want to compromise on the ride quality and comfort given my drives are mostly with family.
I changed mine at 4000kms to Goodyear 225/50/17 comforttred. I have done 25000 kms with them so far.
Rating below to the best of my ability and comprehension -

Dry Grip - 5/5
Wet Grip - 4.5/5
Road noise insulation- 4/5
Road Abuse friendly- 4/5

Performance wise this tyre is better than Continental but fairs lesser than Michelin PS4 but just in performance alone. Last month, My 1 tyre got replaced under unconditional warranty which currently is 3 years from purchase (Unconditional warranty).

Please note , I am no expert on tyres. Above pointers are purely based on my experience.
Ambust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:43   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Dear all,
I switched to Michelin PS4 225/50/R17 within the first quarter of ownership due to 2 busted tyres from a pothole and I really like the grip of these tyres while steering precision is on point. These are performance tyres which may take away some of the plushness from the drive and are quoted to have a lower life at 25k Kms. Maybe you can also look at Michelin Primacy series (this is what MB shods for its C-class IIRC) and this shall give you peaace of mind with comfort you are looking for.

PS: If you are okay with a slight drop in mileage by 1-1.5kmpl, then do consider upsizing to 225/50/R17. There is no change in circumference but fatter road contact means better grip and its helps in giving a better stance to the powerful beast.
rahul1407 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 13:08   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
PS: If you are okay with a slight drop in mileage by 1-1.5kmpl, then do consider upsizing to 225/50/R17. There is no change in circumference but fatter road contact means better grip and its helps in giving a better stance to the powerful beast.
Any reason you did not consider 225/55/R17? I understand this would increase the circumference and deviate from the stock size, but this would have also fill the wheel arches better and improved the ride quality further.
Old 1st January 2024, 15:41   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a thought from my ownership of the last generation Octavia.

If I understand correctly, the Octavia Style has a 6.5J rim while the L&K has 7J. Mounting a 225 on 6.5J is at the upper ceiling and should be okay with a sporty tyre (like the Michelin PS4 with a stiffer sidewall), rather than a comfort oriented tyre like the softer P4ST.

The latter may lead to excessive flexing of the sidewall during high speed turns.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 08:53   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
Request for some service center recommendation to get my car's first service in done in Mumbai. Could only see Mody (Mahalaxmi & Kurla) and JMD (Kandivalli) on the website. Any pointers about a specific center and personnel would help. My car has barely covered 4k kms in almost a year :(
I have been using JMD service centre for servicing my Octavia. They are generally good, but don't expect outstanding customer service. Just recently I had sent in my Octavia for repairs as it had some transmission issue, and that took them around 3 weeks to repair (including the 2 weeks it took for the part to arrive).
Old 4th January 2024, 09:05   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Any reason you did not consider 225/55/R17? I understand this would increase the circumference and deviate from the stock size, but this would have also fill the wheel arches better and improved the ride quality further.
As you already guessed, I didn't want to mess up my suspension warranty due to a change in circumference and hence opted for 225/50/R17.
rahul1407 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 11:50   #1749
BHPian

Greetings everyone! Has any one among the owners of the latest generation Octavia had to repaint any panels? I am looking for the color shade formula that has been used to get a perfect match for Candy White (2023 Octavia), Note that my painter has a comprehensive mixing tray from Glasurit, unfortunately there are more 8-9 variants of Candy white for VAG group and despite trying 2 shades by painting the panel I see a noticeable difference, any recommendations on this regard will be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th January 2024, 14:43   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Greetings everyone! Has any one among the owners of the latest generation Octavia had to repaint any panels? I am looking for the color shade formula that has been used to get a perfect match for Candy White (2023 Octavia), Note that my painter has a comprehensive mixing tray from Glasurit, unfortunately there are more 8-9 variants of Candy white for VAG group and despite trying 2 shades by painting the panel I see a noticeable difference, any recommendations on this regard will be greatly appreciated.
You can find paint code details in the spare wheel well if it hasn't been washed out in PDI by the dealer guys yet.

Last edited by rahul1407 : 4th January 2024 at 15:08.
rahul1407 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 16:10   #1751
BHPian

Hi Folks, thinking of getting a dashcam (front + rear) installed in my car. Since mine has a USB-C port on RVM, can anyone suggest a good tried and tested model that will be good for the Octy?
Old 7th January 2024, 21:55   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks, thinking of getting a dashcam (front + rear) installed in my car. Since mine has a USB-C port on RVM, can anyone suggest a good tried and tested model that will be good for the Octy?

I use the Viofo A139 dual-channel dashcam, I purchased this especially it had Type C port and the cable to the rear camera is very slim. I also have 70Mai Pro plus on Polo and the quality of Viofo is substantially great. Especially in low-light conditions.

The only downside is that you need to use the bundled USB C cable to work and other USB C cables are not working.
vagster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 19:05   #1753

Quote:
I too was in a similar position few months ago and got the Rove R3 (3 channel) sourced from US. I did the installation myself and except for my mediocre cable routing job , the dashcam is very good. I was considering Rove R2 4K + rear cam, but got a good deal on the R3.

Only concern is that the 24-Hours Parking Monitor won't work without hardwiring (which would void warranty). Although I got the hardwiring kit as well, I didn't go through with the installation.
Bluzzard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:00   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
I use the Viofo A139 dual-channel dashcam
Thanks for the inputs, I checked out a few videos where the clarity for Viofo was great. However, I am not sure if I want to spend that much on one pair given I intend to add these to other cars we own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzzard View Post
I too was in a similar position few months ago and got the Rove R3 (3 channel) sourced from US.
Thanks for updating, I would for now like to procure a dashcam locally.
Old 11th January 2024, 12:06   #1755
BHPian

Hey guys, my Octi has been guzzling Engine Oil like crazy - and I just realised that it's running very low, even though my service is due only after 60 days/5900kms.

Which Engine Oil do you guys recommend? After searching around on Google, I could see that Castrol Edge 5W-30LL has been used in the 2.0TSi engines in Europe. Is that good, or is there a different recommendation for the Indian models?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks