Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 14:18   #991
adv
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Took a test drive of the new Octavia recently in Worli, Mumbai. The SA mentioned a waiting period of about 3 months.
Those who booked and received delivery in Mumbai this year - did you get your car within 3 months or was it much longer?
Also test drove the Tiguan and that SA mentioned the wait time would be around 4 months.
Is it expected that these wait times will get any lower in the near future or is this going to be the situation for some time going forward?
Old 14th August 2022, 19:21   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
my front windscreen starts to fog up near the lower border, in the centre.
This fogging Is from outside since the wipers clear it off.
Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
This is happening quite frequently for me in humid conditions, although it happens when the cabin temperature is set to ~23 degrees when both the outside temperature and humidity are relatively high. Didn't find a direct solution to this but increasing the temperature or momentarily setting up airflow to face and feet solves the issue. Though not ideal but works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
the infotainment system would have zero audio volume. This includes everything from music, radio, click founds and alarmingly even the reverse parking beeps which is quite dangerous when manoeuvring the car in tight places.
Thanks a lot
Ironically this has happened with me as well. The car went absolutely mute. To fix it, I simply turned off the car, locked it and waited until the trip summary from the instrument cluster disappeared. Then simply unlocked and didnt crank the engine directly, i.e. started the car in accessory mode and let the boot up complete (matter of few more seconds) and then start the car and it got its vocals again. Since then I usually start the car in same way.

Hope these would help.
rahul1407 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 23:36   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
I have been facing issues where the parking sensors get disabled automatically, and it does not get corrected even after switching on/off the car. It only gets corrected on its own after I park the car for sometime.

Also, two days back, the center console was switched off automatically and not turning on. I tried everything. Then after I returned home, I tried again and that time it worked. It was dangerous parking the car without seeing the rear video amd also without parking sensor sound.

I am just hoping that gear issue are just few of the isolated incidents.
I would suggest taking car to service center and getting hooked to ODIS. If everything is clean then get all setting reset by disconnecting the battery terminal 10-15 mins.

Near about similar issue, screen used to freeze randomly. Post terminal reset it's more stable now. If you are using amazon music that also hinders or causes screen issues.
Old 15th August 2022, 01:27   #994
BHPian

Thank you all for suggesting the solutions. I am planning to take the car to the service center next week. I called my SA and he suggested getting it checked and updating software if available.

By the way, this is how my mileage and ODO look like now. I have been filling only Shell V-Power.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-0de4b6fb97344f74be0ddbe27d4210d1.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-43f12b8609ac4c5b93bb24e3ee74c68c.jpeg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th August 2022 at 11:21. Reason: typo
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 03:22   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post

By the way, this is how my milage and ODO looks like now. I have been filling only Shell V-Power.
Shell V Power is just 91 octane fuel with additives. I'm sure the requirement is for 95 octane. So I'll suggest instead of V Power, better fill up XP 95.
firstguri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 07:32   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Shell V Power is just 91 octane fuel with additives. I'm sure the requirement is for 95 octane. So I'll suggest instead of V Power, better fill up XP 95.
Agree, please move immediately to XP95
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 11:11   #997
BHPian

Thank you for the suggestion. Will try and let you guys know the experience.
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:49   #998
Senior - BHPian

Did a Mat Watson type practicality test at IKEA with a 50" long box loaded through the flipped down seat (replete with hands free tailgate opening and flipping down the seats from the boot)
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220815_133544447.night.jpg

The Octavia never ceases to amaze!
GeeTee TSI is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 12:12   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Did a Mat Watson type practicality test at IKEA with a 50" long box loaded through the flipped down seat (replete with hands free tailgate opening and flipping down the seats from the boot)
Attachment 2346696

The Octavia never ceases to amaze!
Having used it for a while, what are your views on of the rear seats comfort? Asking from the perspective of older parents ingress and knee room for 6 footers front and back on the same side? When i test drove it a many months back, I wasn’t sure if this.
Old 16th August 2022, 12:25   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Having used it for a while, what are your views on of the rear seats comfort? Asking from the perspective of older parents ingress and knee room for 6 footers front and back on the same side?
My parents (senior citizens) find the rear seat too low during ingress and egress, their Grand i10 Nios has a better seat height where they can just hop in and out. It is only slightly better up front, there is no getting away from the Octavia being a low slung Sedan

But once seated the comfort in seat cushioning and leg room is excellent (the interior does the rest in wowing passengers ). I sit behind my own seat position during interior cleaning and there is no 'adjustment' needed to accommodate tall rear passengers. The B pillar is also sufficiently spaced out and doesn't foul with rear passengers' feet during ingress
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 12:43   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
My parents (senior citizens) find the rear seat too low during ingress and egress, their Grand i10 Nios has a better seat height where they can just hop in and out. It is only slightly better up front, there is no getting away from the Octavia being a low slung Sedan

But once seated the comfort in seat cushioning and leg room is excellent (the interior does the rest in wowing passengers ). I sit behind my own seat position during interior cleaning and there is no 'adjustment' needed to accommodate tall rear passengers. The B pillar is also sufficiently spaced out and doesn't foul with rear passengers' feet during ingress
Thanks! It definitely feels premium for sure.
Old 16th August 2022, 16:18   #1002

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting on the forum even though I've been lurking for years now. I'm having a peculiar issue with my 3-month old, 1000KM run Octavia.

The rear-seat floor lining behind the driver's seat somehow starts developing mouldy patches from time to time. I noticed it for the first time after a month of ownership and assumed someone must have spilled something there. However, after multiple instances of thorough cleaning and drying of the mat and floor-lining, I have observed that the lining and mat both are often found soaking wet and the mould gradually reappears.

Can anyone advise what the underlying problem could be and how to proceed with this issue? Thank you!

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-whatsapp-image-20220814-1.55.20-pm.jpeg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-whatsapp-image-20220814-1.55.19-pm.jpeg
Old 16th August 2022, 22:36   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEssJi View Post

Can anyone advise what the underlying problem could be and how to proceed with this issue? Thank you!

Attachment 2347080

Attachment 2347081

It looks like condensation at the rear AC vents (that cools the feet).

Are there any mats or something that blocks these vents?
konguraajaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 23:54   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEssJi View Post
The rear-seat floor lining behind the driver's seat somehow starts developing mouldy patches from time to time.
Looks like some clogged drain line in the rear windshield or doors side which is letting water creep in the footwell. Take it to Skoda, they are the best people to know exact drain locations and fix it.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 09:39   #1005
BHPian

Folks driving the new Octy L&K, please share your views on the headlight throw (low beam & high beam) at
1. Night
2. Night + rain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks