Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 10:22   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
When the car is started up and in P mode, the infotainment cluster shows a sign consisting of 3 seat like icons on the bottom right side of the tachometer.
Any idea what this denotes ? Is it something to do with passengers or seatbelt’s ?
Interesting observation that I made on my trip to Goa last week. If you fasten the rear seat belt when the car is stationary/moving and then remove it while the car is in motion, it starts beeping and the respective seat turns read on the infotainment system while the other 2 (vacant/seat belt not worn) remain white. So, it kind of remembers which seat had the seat belt fastened and then warns you if its removed. If you dont fasten the seat belt on any of the seats, all 3 remain white and no beeps.
neoonwheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:59   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Interesting observation that I made on my trip to Goa last week. If you fasten the rear seat belt when the car is stationary/moving and then remove it while the car is in motion, it starts beeping and the respective seat turns read on the infotainment system while the other 2 (vacant/seat belt not worn) remain white. So, it kind of remembers which seat had the seat belt fastened and then warns you if its removed. If you dont fasten the seat belt on any of the seats, all 3 remain white and no beeps.
Rear passengers, especially kids, unbuckling seat belts for some reason or the other and then forgetting to buckle again is a big problem on highways. I usually check every now and then while on the move to ensure everyone belted up. This feature will come handy.

Rear seat belt warnings generated based on actual occupancy of the seats, like they do for front passenger seat, would be even better.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 19:56   #1098
BHPian

Did anyone ever use or find usage of these two features?
1. Driver fatigue monitoring
2. TPMS

In one case, I actually found that the tyre pressures were a good 5 PSI less than ideal but I did not get any kind of warning.
Old 16th September 2022, 09:19   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Hi mah45 (sorry didn't see your name)..

So I upgraded to the latest Vivo T1Pro 5g and the wireless android auto issue which I encountered got resolved, however I would like to mention that even with the new phone, the android auto interface is a little slow and laggy. I am still not sure why my previous phone was creating problems with the android auto interface since both of them run on the latest v12.
Hi Amrish,

My L&K is 2 weeks old and android auto worked fine for first week (I have Google Pixel 4A) however it suddenly conked out while I was driving and I'm not able to get the connection back. Though phone gets connected and contacts are displayed however none of the apps including GMap, Spotify are working (which were working fine in 1st week). There's no update to the phone OS either.

Is there a work around? I don't want to change the phone.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadoo View Post
Congratulations on your new Octavia!

Recently a fellow BHPian very helpfully pointed out that recent Octavia's (August onwards) have been getting the 8 speaker Canton system (for style) instead of the 11 speaker Canton system. Could you please share whether your car came with the 11 or 8 speaker system?
Mine is with 11 speakers and a woofer. However, dealer told me that due to chip shortage, Sep manufactured Octavia might be missing woofer and few speakers.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th September 2022 at 11:40. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:24   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
Hi Amrish,

My L&K is 2 weeks old and android auto worked fine for first week (I have Google Pixel 4A) however it suddenly conked out while I was driving and I'm not able to get the connection back.
Is there a work around? I don't want to change the phone.
Try factory reset in the HU, it might work. It did work for me in i20 with slightly different issue on apple car play.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 17:49   #1101

Hi.
Try a couple of things :
1. Uninstall and reinstall Android auto on ur phone and reconnect
2. If that is not working, then disconnect Android auto and reconnect after a while. Hopefully this should sort out the issue though it is my opinion that the infotainment system of the new Octavia is prone to glitches every now and then. One of the days in the recent past it refused to start for a full day... Next day it was working fine as if nothing was wrong !!

Furthermore, which Android version is ur phone ?
Amrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 10:36   #1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Did anyone ever use or find usage of these two features?
1. Driver fatigue monitoring
2. TPMS

In one case, I actually found that the tyre pressures were a good 5 PSI less than ideal but I did not get any kind of warning.
1. I received this fatigue alert around a couple of months back when I was cruising at 100kmph continuously for more than an hour (new highway 152D just became available) without any touch to brake or accelerator and almost no steering as a straight highway with hardly any vehicle seen. Not sure about he logic it uses. As I was feeling perfectly fine but just bored.

2 .TPMS in octavia is not actually how we think of it. You get this alert when the pressure significantly drops quickly like in case of a puncture. I got an alert when a thick bolt somehow managed to penetrate in the rear left tyre. The alert stated something like "Sudden pressure drop in rear left tyre".

Detailed review of 6.5k KM in 6 months with my Octavia L&K for later. But overall a great car with minor concerns as below:
1. Sometimes speakers are silent for everything i.e. music, proximity alerts, voice control etc. Only solution is to turn the car off. Get out of the vehicle and lock it and wait for 2-3 minutes. Then back and everything works. I did not try by turning off and staying in the car for 3-4 minutes. Maybe that works. I think something similar reported by some other fellow on this same forum. Happened 3-4 times in 6 months.

2. Sometimes a rattle noise near top of driver window on bad roads. Not sure what it is but sounds like something loose is left there. Planning to go and get it checked with the dealership.

While playing music with Apple CarPlay using Amazon Music - I don't find a way to seek the track forward or backward (not talking about skipping the track to the next or previous) by a few seconds or so. Does someone know if longpress or something on some button does it. Also no way to disconnect the call (when you are in call) from the steering wheel controls.
octy22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 08:56   #1103
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy22 View Post
1. Sometimes speakers are silent for everything i.e. music, proximity alerts, voice control etc. Only solution is to turn the car off. Get out of the vehicle and lock it and wait for 2-3 minutes. Then back and everything works. I did not try by turning off and staying in the car for 3-4 minutes. Maybe that works. I think something similar reported by some other fellow on this same forum. Happened 3-4 times in 6 months.
Timing of this callout is impeccable. I had the same issue for the first time yesterday and was totally clueless. I tried turning the car off and starting it again did not work. What added to the frustration was having to reverse the car in a tight area and even the sensor alerts were muted/not coming on the speakers. Finally, turning off the car, getting out, locking it fully, letting all the displays turn off and then turning the car got the speakers back to life.
rsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 14:28   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Completed 3 months of ownership - Overall, I am quite happy with the purchase. This car is made for highways, I just love the way it picks up speed on open stretches. Recently did Pune-Goa-Pune and never felt any kind of fatigue, even on a 12 hr return leg. Would have loved to have virtual cockpit with GMaps integration and/or GMaps covering the whole the infotainment screen like in Kushaq

Parked at a hotel after doing Pune-Goa covering 430KMs.
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20220910_172246.jpg

Fuel log since first fill-up
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-octyfillups.png
neoonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:36   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Hi.
Try a couple of things
I did perform the steps you are suggesting. It connects for a while and then disconnects. I have Google Pixel 4A. Now planning to check iPhone to see if this issue replicates.

I discovered this message on the touch screen suggesting that mobile phone can be connected via USB. Any idea how?

Thanks for your response
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220916_073242632.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th September 2022 at 18:13. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 19th September 2022, 19:29   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did perform the steps you are suggesting. It connects for a while and then disconnects. I have Google Pixel 4A. Now planning to check iPhone to see if this issue replicates.

I discovered this message on the touch screen suggesting that mobile phone can be connected via USB. Any idea how?

Thanks for your response
All you have to do is connect the phone using Type-C USB cable and then the system auto-detects your phone if it has AndroidAuto/CarPlay. I connect my phone to the first (1st from dashboard) USB port and I seldom face a connection drop issue.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 19th September 2022 at 19:31.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:58   #1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Timing of this callout is impeccable. I had the same issue for the first time yesterday and was totally clueless. I tried turning the car off and starting it again did not work. What added to the frustration was having to reverse the car in a tight area and even the sensor alerts were muted/not coming on the speakers. Finally, turning off the car, getting out, locking it fully, letting all the displays turn off and then turning the car got the speakers back to life.
Hi there
I faced the same problem a number of times a month or so ago, and I did post it on the forum.
I have come to discover a potential solution to this problem, as mentioned by a fellow BHPian earlier.
I’ve been following it ever since I discovered it and (fingers crossed tightly) the problem hasn’t haunted me ever since -

Every time you enter the car, don’t start the engine immediately. After sitting down, push the start stop button without pushing the brake and the car will go into accessory electrical mode with the speedo, rev dials and the cluster lights lit up.
Wait for the lights to go out (mainly I wait for the yellow exclamation mark) and this does a full electrical boot up.
Then push the brake and push the button to start engine and drive off.

This mere 5 second extra step somehow has helped me avoid the problem, is it fluke or has some actual rationale behind it, I guess I’ll never know.

I would like to also inform you that I did a bit of research on this and surprisingly it’s not just Octavia, not just Škoda and not just India that’s facing this problem.
Many cars with the latest crop of infotainment systems from VAG are facing this problem, international forums have discussions dating back to early 2021 if I remember correctly.
Skoda has not provided any fix for this until now either
sidhgoyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 08:44   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
All you have to do is connect the phone using Type-C USB cable and then the system auto-detects your phone if it has AndroidAuto/CarPlay. I connect my phone to the first (1st from dashboard) USB port and I seldom face a connection drop issue.
Thanks @neoonwheels for the response. I did try that option but the system didn't detect my phone...it simply starting charging the phone. Planning to take the vehicle to Skoda to find a robust solution.
Old 20th September 2022, 09:56   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @neoonwheels for the response. I did try that option but the system didn't detect my phone...it simply starting charging the phone. Planning to take the vehicle to Skoda to find a robust solution.
Make sure you have your phone and system's wifi ON. You can do that by swiping down on the infotainment screen. Also your phone has to be added through Telephone option for this to work.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:10   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Make sure you have your phone and system's wifi ON. You can do that by swiping down on the infotainment screen. Also your phone has to be added through Telephone option for this to work.
Cool! Let me try this and revert. Many thanks for the prompt support

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks