Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 05:43   #1201
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Owners can ya’ll throw some light on how the low GC issue has been for you on bad terrains liKe monsoon spoiled roads or those sharp and steep mountainous highway speed breakers meant for trucks. Has it been an issue anywhere as such?
Definitely Not !!

I know you have heard this famous phrase elsewhere but it applies to GC problems as well
Haven't faced any problems on pathetic roads suddenly leading to craters with the recent rains, or back breaking so called speed breakers within our community.
Old 8th November 2022, 10:14   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Owners can ya’ll throw some light on how the low GC issue has been for you on bad terrains liKe monsoon spoiled roads or those sharp and steep mountainous highway speed breakers meant for trucks. Has it been an issue anywhere as such?
I had been to Goa (1K return) and RJ+GJ (3500KMs return) and so far I faced GC issue only once - near Goa border. Given its a sedan, I drive it like one. If you are careful in bad patches, you would not face GC issues.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 17:11   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
Hello, I have some questions for Skoda owners and bhpians in Bengaluru, KA:
  1. Which are the best and most highly recommended Skoda service center(s)? (I live around Kadugodi in Bengaluru). Any contacts or trusted Skoda representative's information would be great.
  2. Anything I should look out for when dealing with Skoda service centers?
  3. I was looking for floor mats for my Octavia. Should I go for Skoda's official all-weather floor mats or 5D/7D floor mats that will cover additional floor space?
  4. Are there any protectants or sealants that I can use for the Suede finish on the interior trims & seats of the Octavia? (3M Scotchgaurd?)
I would recommend TAFE Access (although) their service center is near Kudlu Gate. I've had good experiences with SM Mr Kani Amudhan and SA Mr Arun

On mats, the OE all weather mats do not cover a significant part of the felt carpets unlike a fitted 5D/7D mats but they do snap-fit into the locking mechanism well. I have and use both (it isn't very difficult cleaning the carpets however). Only OE Skoda mats will cover the boot well, this piece is not included in the standard supply of mats.

The upholstery is a combination of suede and leather, Meguiars should have a wide range of suitable products
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 21:26   #1204

Hi Friends

I am still vacillating on my decision to go in for Octavia 2022. The initial hesitation was due to the fact that this model will be discontinued in Mar-23. But now , more than that i realized that the GC of this is the lowest when it is fully laden - 106mm, which was not the case with the octavia models prior to 2021. Is this something that really needs to be considered ?
Also the spare wheel is a smaller steel wheel(R16) i believe. Can we not get the same size wheel as i normally rotate the 5 wheels every 10k. If the group can provide some answers/opinions, that would be great.

Warm Regards
Ashok
Old 9th November 2022, 06:25   #1205
adv
BHPian

Hello, in the wake of Skoda’s announcement to discontinue the Octy and Superb early next year and the present year end, does anyone know if there are discounts being offered or expected on new Octy 2.0 TSIs?
Old 9th November 2022, 06:59   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWizard View Post
Hi Friends

I am still vacillating on my decision to go in for Octavia 2022. The initial hesitation was due to the fact that this model will be discontinued in Mar-23. But now , more than that i realized that the GC of this is the lowest when it is fully laden - 106mm, which was not the case with the octavia models prior to 2021. Is this something that really needs to be considered ?
Also the spare wheel is a smaller steel wheel(R16) i believe. Can we not get the same size wheel as i normally rotate the 5 wheels every 10k. If the group can provide some answers/opinions, that would be great.
Don’t go by GC numbers, I did not find any difference in GC between this and previous gen. And my MK3 would have hardly scrapped, even in worst Bangalore roads, in last 7 years. Obviously you cannot drive it like a SUV on bad roads. But the irony is, I always see SUV / Crossover drivers taking their vehicles much slower than sedan drivers on big potholes

Spare wheel in MK3 Octavia too was smaller steel wheels, I guess there are hardly any new cars coming up with same wheel size, mainly as you go up the price point. I doubt you will be able to fit the full size wheel in the spare wheel space. But if you are okay to carry it in your boot separately, you should be able to get a full size. Honestly I believe it’s not required.

Last edited by sunikkat : 9th November 2022 at 07:00.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:00   #1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Hello, in the wake of Skoda’s announcement to discontinue the Octy and Superb early next year and the present year end, does anyone know if there are discounts being offered or expected on new Octy 2.0 TSIs?
Not really. Checked with two dealers. I am very keen on the Style variant and will be making my booking within this week. Please feel free to connect via email (my DM doesn't work) for details.
Az_Dan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:01   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I am done with my much-awaited Rajasthan - Gujrat road trip of 3500 KMs (Current Odo - 7560 KMs), and below are my inputs on how the Octavia performed:

1. This thing can gobble up luggage like anything. We are a family of 3 but my wife always ends up packing an entire house on road trips and the Octavia did not disappoint one bit. The notchback design helps you pack your bags pretty well into the boot. Almost at all hotels, the staff was surprised to see the entire hatch going up. This unique technic enables you to arrange luggage effectively.

2. The AC worked effectively in this October heat even at places like Longewala and Sam village. The usual temp at 11 AM was like 38C but yet Octavia kept us cocooned at a comfortable 22C. Only once, I had to manually increase the fan speed to accelerate the cooling process. We all were always comfortable throughout our journey. The rear AC vents did help my kid in the rear seat. Another positive is to have Suede leather seats. There was absolutely no issue of sweating during my entire road trip. The artificial leather seats on my Jetta sucked big time on this count

3. The ride quality is superb. On a couple of occasions, we did 550 KMs in 8 hrs and I was absolutely fresh even at the end of the journey. This thing can keep you going for hours without taking a break

4. The rear space and legroom are adequate for a family of 4. As it was only 3 of us, we traveled in supreme comfort as my kid could literally sleep on the rear seat. Front seats are very comfortable and have near-perfect bolstering. I am short (5'4") and the driver's seat accommodates me well

5. The handling of the car is good and it saved me a couple of times when a dog suddenly decided to cross roads. I feel, better tyres and a bit stiffer suspension can do wonders to this car. I could take long curves at 90-100 without a sweat but sudden and frequent direction changes is not its forte. Of course, this is a family sedan and I don't expect it to handle like a Bimmer but you always want more, don't you

6. The brakes are spot-on!! You can shed off speed quickly and this gives you much-needed confidence when doing triple-digit speeds on highways. Thanks to them, I saved my day when I was commuting to my office last month

7. The infotainment system does its job but I still miss the Canton system which I heard on a demo Octavia. Mine is a Style variant and so has the basic 8-speaker system. It keeps you engaged but that punch from the SW is sorely missed. Big real estate helps the navigation through AA. The tip that comes up on GMaps on AA about directions, is shown on the driver's display as well. Would have been great if Octavia had a virtual cockpit like Audis

8. Power on tap !! You can do insane speed, all thanks to this mad combo of 2.0 TSI + DSG. This car can frustrate you with those 120 KMPH reminders and you often hit it on highways pretty quickly. I mostly kept it at around 110-115 as I could not take that constant chime. The S and manual modes (Paddle shifts) are real fun. I thoroughly enjoyed both modes on a few stretches where the visibility was pretty good and traffic was sparse. All this while the car returned a healthy 13.5 KMPL over 3500 KMs – the calculation is based on the real tankful-to-tankful method, while the car shows 14.2 kmpl. I was driving for optimal travel time than FE and I am sure if you are super careful, it can return 15-16 KMPL easily

Overall, I am pretty happy with the way Octavia has performed. It is a PERFECT family sedan that not only keeps everyone comfortable but also has a sporty character when summoned. The 2.0L TSI and DQ381 combination is deadly and the wet clutch keeps those scary thoughts of failures at bay.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th November 2022 at 14:56. Reason: Typos, and Octy -> Octavia
neoonwheels is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 04:45   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Hi BHPians, it’s surely been a while since I posted on this forum. However, I’ve been going through all the detailed input on the Octy. Thing is, I’m getting mine delivered to me tomorrow evening. I’m sure all these insights here would be of great help. It’s 5 in the morning as I write this but just wanted to thank everyone for the detailed feedback. Look forward to resuming my activity on this lovely forum.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 18:51   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Hi BHPians, it’s surely been a while since I posted on this forum. However, I’ve been going through all the detailed input on the Octy. Thing is, I’m getting mine delivered to me tomorrow evening. I’m sure all these insights here would be of great help. It’s 5 in the morning as I write this but just wanted to thank everyone for the detailed feedback. Look forward to resuming my activity on this lovely forum.

Regards
Got the new car an hour back. No Canton is a bummer but the car feels really very upmarket. Look forward to own the first-ever VW group car in the family.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-39fbf2f296e941df8a541eac98e31d4b.jpeg  

YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 15:23   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Finally, I am done with my much-awaited Rajasthan - Gujrat road trip of 3500 KMs (Current Odo - 7560 KMs), and below are my inputs on how the Octavia performed:

Overall, I am pretty happy with the way Octavia has performed. It is a PERFECT family sedan that not only keeps everyone comfortable but also has a sporty character when summoned. The 2.0L TSI and DQ381 combination is deadly and the wet clutch keeps those scary thoughts of failures at bay.
Very nice little write up Neo
I guess this deserves a travelogue from your side, interspersed with pictures of the Octy

I can relate to a lot of observations you made of the car.
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 15:51   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Very nice little write up Neo
I guess this deserves a travelogue from your side, interspersed with pictures of the Octy

I can relate to a lot of observations you made of the car.
Thanks, Mah45. Would have a travelogue up soon
Old 11th November 2022, 20:57   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Ha Ha Ha!! On the contrary the car's price has been increased. At the start of this year, the car was around 31 Lakhs OTR (Style) in Gurgaon and the dealer was offering roughly 3 lakhs discount on some Dec, 2021 stocks. Today the car is 34.5 Lakhs OTR in Gurgaon. The price of the style variant has increased and its almost at previous L&K level now.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 06:34   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Clicked in a pitch dark basement lit with just the puddle lamps and interior lights in dim (upon unlock). Truly well designed lighting all around
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20221110_132310085.night2.jpg  

GeeTee TSI is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 08:17   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Ha Ha Ha!! On the contrary the car's price has been increased. At the start of this year, the car was around 31 Lakhs OTR (Style) in Gurgaon and the dealer was offering roughly 3 lakhs discount on some Dec, 2021 stocks. Today the car is 34.5 Lakhs OTR in Gurgaon. The price of the style variant has increased and its almost at previous L&K level now.
And this is exactly the reason, in other thread about phasing out, I was suggesting people sitting on fence to buy Octavia. If Skoda really decides to phase out the product, they will also limit the production. And with current supply constraints, I don’t think there were will be unsold stocks and hence any discounts. I only expect the demand to go up and these price increases.
Again if Skoda has to come up with CBU version of Octavia in limited numbers in future, the price will be on higher side. So personally I feel the demand for current Octavia in used market will be high too (mainly considering it’s not a high selling model) and also it will hold the resale value.

Last edited by sunikkat : 12th November 2022 at 08:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks