Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2023, 21:29   #1351
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Hi,
Facing a strange issue with my Octy.
The Instrument cluster display has been completely blank of late except for the Digital speed display and gear change indicator.
Has anyone faced this issue ?

Also, the brakes squeal a lot especially in low speed, is this common ?
Old 9th February 2023, 06:03   #1352
Jo2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Thank you 'adi_petrolhead', 'SR-71' and 'S.vats'. Will make a PDI before committing a payment.

What is the booking process in Skoda look like? Do we get any notification(email/sms) from Skoda once the vehicle is allotted to us after making a booking? Who will share the Engine and Chasis number to us, Skoda (By email/ SMS after allotment) or the SA (After vehicle's arrival at the delaer)?

From my experience at the time of purchase, the dealer honestly has very minimal control/visibility into allocations unless it is already in inventory with them.

I also got the VIN only after the car arrived at the dealer's stock yard. With constant follow-ups with the sales person we knew when the car was loaded from the plant but nothing otherwise.
Jo2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:00   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
For a car like Octavia which is going to be discontinued after a month, dealers are asking for 50% of payment so that the buyer doesnt cancel the vehicle at the last moment which you become a liabilty to them if left unsold. I am also in the same boat and booked the Octavia and made 50% of payment to the dealer only after confirmation of VIN and photos of the vehicle.
I faced this in Jun'22 and a simple tweet to Zac solved this. Within 3 hours the dealer was on the phone saying sorry etc. I chose other dealer then who did not make any fuss about 50K as booking amount. I did PDI and only when I was happy about it, I did the remaining payment.
neoonwheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 13:41   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi,
Facing a strange issue with my Octy.
The Instrument cluster display has been completely blank of late except for the Digital speed display and gear change indicator.
Has anyone faced this issue ?

Also, the brakes squeal a lot especially in low speed, is this common ?
It would help us if you share a picture along with the issue. Having said that, did you try clicking the BOTTOM-RIGHT/BOTTOM-LEFT buttons on the right side of the steering wheel? Those buttons are supposed to let us switch between different views of instrument cluster.
Attached Images

suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 06:40   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
It would help us if you share a picture along with the issue. Having said that, did you try clicking the BOTTOM-RIGHT/BOTTOM-LEFT buttons on the right side of the steering wheel? Those buttons are supposed to let us switch between different views of instrument cluster.
Thanks Suvan
Yes, I seem to have touched the button by chance.
Sorry, I should have figured it out.
After seeing your reply, read the manual again and changed the setting back. Thank you.

Regarding the brakes, it gives an irritating noise like what you get from old bikes when they brake in a signal or so.
And it doesn't happen always, only after you have driven for sometime and that too only in slow speeds when you crawl near a signal or so.
Not finding time to take it to the Service station but I think I have to do it sooner.
Old 12th February 2023, 14:47   #1356
BHPian

Hi all,
Any recommendations on Car wax for the Octavia ?
I have seen detailed threads about different brands and finish like this one.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...alants-30.html (All about Car Waxes & Sealants)

But just wanted to know what other owners are using.
I prefer a High gloss wet look, Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 16:29   #1357
rsk
BHPian

Is there a list of “beeps” from dashboard? The one’s I know are:
1. Seat belt warning related beeps
2. Speed limit warnings 80 (one beep)/ 120+ continuous beeping

Apart from these are there beeps when cruise engages/disengages? I seem to notice this only on highways but don’t see any indicators/signage. Just a beep.
Old 19th February 2023, 11:23   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post

My Verdict
Overall, if you are a keen driver who is looking to balance it with comfortable ride for a family and do long drives occasionally go for the Octy!
If your drives are only in the city, or do not have a 2nd beater car- give it a 2nd thought as the width of the car with the mad traffic can get to you at some point!

Hope this us helpful for anyone still looking to make a purchase decision. I am in love with the car and cant wait to drive this again during my next vacation!

Couldn't have agreed more on all the points mentioned above as well as the overall experience with car having bought my own (same variant) a couple of months back.

Wishing you many many miles of happiness with this beauty.

Will share my experience on this forum soon some day.

About the laggy touchscreen though, haven't faced any issues as such in the first couple of months at all.
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 18:18   #1359

Does Style have only electric opening boot and manual closing or both are manual?
Old 19th February 2023, 19:08   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axay View Post
Does Style have only electric opening boot and manual closing or both are manual?
Skoda Octavia Style Variant has a Manual boot lid whereas the L&K variant gets the Automatic Closing boot lid. There is no hybrid option.

Refer the latest brochure from website.

As the website asks for your details before allowing you to download the brochure, attaching NOV 22 Brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SKODA_OCTAVIA_Brochure_NOV22.pdf (6.61 MB, 135 views)
Old 19th February 2023, 19:10   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Is there a list of “beeps” from dashboard? The one’s I know are:
1. Seat belt warning related beeps
2. Speed limit warnings 80 (one beep)/ 120+ continuous beeping

Apart from these are there beeps when cruise engages/disengages? I seem to notice this only on highways but don’t see any indicators/signage. Just a beep.
You are right if you are above 80km/h for a while the car alerts with a single beep. This happens when cruise control is on.
Old 19th February 2023, 22:10   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Finally, in 8 months, I have crossed the first of many milestones - 10000 clicks. The journey so far has been nothing short of a dream. I am very happy with the way the car has been pampering me as a driver and my family as passengers. This might be my fastest 10K KMs on any of my cars so far. I have shared my experience multiple times on this thread so I do not have anything more to say. Just to summarize my total experience so far:

1. Its a perfect family sedan - The ride is awesome and handling is decent. If I decide to make it stiff, it would hamper ride so I wont be touching this aspect anytime soon

2. The steering is very light at parking speeds. It lacks feedback but its very accurate, so you have to get used to it

3. For 4 adults and 1 kid, this has enough space. The boot is huge and on my GJ-RJ trip, I have witnessed the crazy amount of luggage it can accommodate

4. Even though its wide and a bit longer, it just wraps it around you and very easy to manoeuvre it in traffic

5. The fuel efficiency is highly sensitive to the traffic. I have seen it hovering from 6 kmpl to 21 kmpl on few of my commutes. It simply hates the congested roads

6. The 2L TSI and DQ381 is a perfect pair. Its not only quick shifting but at the same time its not as confused as DQ200 on my Polo in lower gears

7. Few features that I miss on my Octavia and the Style variant in general - Virtual cockpit, AFS projector LED headlights, E20 compatibility (New headache), Rear USB sockets

I would give a 9/10 to Octavia even though I felt it was almost 3-4L overpriced for what it offered but looking at the current car prices, I feel, I got a good deal. I would highly recommend it while stock lasts

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230205_170224.jpg
10000 Smiles

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230219_190559.jpg
FE since first fill up. Now that's a decent number
neoonwheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 14:10   #1363
BHPian

Finally, after a long delay, confusions. Finally zeroed down to Octavia (It was Octavia Vs Tiguan) and took the delivery on 18 February

Im yet to take a nice picture of the beast. Will post an initial impressions in some time (busy in exploring the car )

Thank you to everyone who patiently responded to the queries and this forum is simply amazing!.
vagster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:11   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Finally, after a long delay, confusions. Finally zeroed down to Octavia (It was Octavia Vs Tiguan) and took the delivery on 18 February

Im yet to take a nice picture of the beast. Will post an initial impressions in some time (busy in exploring the car )

Thank you to everyone who patiently responded to the queries and this forum is simply amazing!.
Congratulations on your new car. Its need a beautiful beast. I swayed to the other side and have booked Tiguan and awaiting the delivery

Happy motoring and wish you many happy miles with the Octavia!

Last edited by nagarjun : 20th February 2023 at 15:12.
Old 20th February 2023, 17:52   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
7. Few features that I miss on my Octavia and the Style variant in general - Virtual cockpit...
neonwheels - I'm curious to know about 2 things in your post.

1. The virtual cockpit in both variants is exactly the same. What is that you miss in your Style variant?

2. I see a yellow error/warning light at the bottom of the console. What does that indicate? I have not seen this in my Octy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks